Author Topic: Arrival  (Read 3901 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
Arrival
« on: May 17, 2020, 10:38:17 AM »
 (Gabriel used with permission from Mark)

It was June of 2016, back then I was still a redhead gamer from down under with dreams of becoming a professional wrestler but that was about to change, I said goodbye to Kylie, the friend who had gotten me into Dungeons and Dragons, Magic the Gathering and video games in general after I packed my bags and left my shithole of a home.

It was a long flight, one day, thirteen hours with two stops to be precise, hell that was my first time on an airplane to boot so yeah, nerves were at an all time high as we finally reached Las Vegas International Airport, the owners of the Go Gym knew that I was coming, they said that someone would be waiting for me at the airport once I touched down and went through TSA so it wasn’t like I was going there completely blind.

It wasn’t long before I was through the TSA and wondering around the airport lobby looking for someone holding up a sign with my name on it, that didn’t take long but I had to do a double take when I saw that it was Gabriel himself that was waiting for me at the airport, once I confirmed that I wasn’t seeing things I raced up to him as quick as I could whilst carrying my luggage.

“Krystal Wolfe? I’m glad to finally meet you.” Gabriel greeted me once he saw me, as I said before this was before I started dying my hair blue but aside from that everything else was basically the same, I still had my muscle tone and tattoos as well as my fashion sense, or lack thereof if you asked Kylie. “How was your flight?”

“Long and boring, it was a thirty seven hour long flight with two layovers.” I admitted before two of Gabriel’s assistants took my luggage, “It would’ve been a lot better if I could use my 3DS nut no, I had to leave it off, did I mention that this my first time ever in an airplane?”

“You get used to it, come on I bet your hungry.” Gabriel invited me whilst motioning to the airport restaurant ad yeah, I was starving so we went over to the airport restaurant for a bite to eat. “Just to clarify some details, you intend to go by the name Krystal Wolfe after graduation?”

“Technically I’ve been going by that name for a year, I had my name legally changed to it last year.” I explained once I made myself comfortable. “It was the name of my first Dungeons and Dragons Character, a human ranger, I liked the sound of it and decided to roll with it when I had my name changed.” I added and Gabriel nodded.

“I’ve never played myself, but I suppose it’s a good a place as any to get your name from.” Gabriel responded and I grinned in response. “Any idea what wrestling style you’ll specialize in?”

“That’s a good question, even whilst watching SCW I couldn’t narrow down a favorite style of wrestling.” I admitted with a sheepish grin before thinking for a minute. “I guess if I had to narrow it down, I’d go with All-Rounder, but we’ll see how it goes I guess.”

“Indeed.” Gabriel nodded before a waitress came over to take our orders, once she had our orders, she went to give them to the chef. “Has your place of residence been sorted out?”

“That was once of the first things I did when I made the decision to move here.” I nodded as I shifted my weight. “Right now, I have a small apartment over in Reno but once I make enough money from my YouTube Channel, I’ll move into Las Vegas proper.” I added and in hindsight I can tell you that that arrangement didn’t last long, once I got my gaming pc built my YouTube channel blew up overnight allowing me to buy my own house in Vegas within a few months.

“Yes, you mentioned that in our Skype Chats, I could make it mandatory for all new students to subscribe to your channel once it gets going.” Gabriel suggested jokingly and I let out a small laugh in response. “And now for the big question, one that I ask every new student of mine, what do you want to get out of me and Odette’s training? Aside from being trained by your hero off course.”

“There are a few things that come to mind.” I responded as my expression darkened a bit. “Living the dream of all wrestling fans off course but a large part of it is not wanting to be a victim any longer, I won’t go into details but my dad was a drunken waste of space, part of the reason I changed my name was so I could distance myself from him and his family.”

“I am sorry to hear that.” Gabriel nodded in understanding before the waitress brought over our drinks, he would eventually get the whole story, my dad beat mom to death and buried her in our back garden before turning his anger on me, it wasn’t long after I moved out that authorities arrested him for murder after I told the police everything. “I won’t pry but if you need an ear me and Odette will be happy to lend you one.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” I nodded with a grin before taking a sip from my drink, we talked more over the meal but it was more so that Gabriel could get to know me better than anything else before we left so he could how me to the gym and arrange transport to my new apartment in reno.

It was the beginning of my current journey and one I don’t intend to stop anytime soon.