Author Topic: Thorn In My Side  (Read 436 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Thorn In My Side
« on: May 15, 2020, 07:02:29 PM »
 OOC Note: This is not at all what I planned to post. I had more I was going to add but I’ve had a rough couple days with work, and my brain just couldn’t manage to finish it, nor could I get the motivation. Sorry to Tony Thorn, and to the bosses for this subpar RP

Sunday May 3rd- GO Gym
After SCU Undergound Episode 58
Mr. Golden Briefcase

While several graduates of the GO Gym each had matches tonight, the night ended up working out for only one of them. HB Carter finally received his much anticipated TV Championship opportunity, and while it looked like Carter was going to walk out as the new champion, Shooter Reed interfered and cost him the match, and the title. After that, Carter completely lost his cool and a brawl ensued for much of the night.

Ariana Angelos was up next in her match against Dahlia Rotten. Ariana had put up a great fight and went up against the much larger woman quite well, but it wasn’t enough and she, too, lost. Two for two.

The night, however, would end on a much higher note and perhaps during the biggest match for any of the GO Gym graduates(sorry Carter!). O’Malley was one of four participants in the Golden Briefcase ladder match for a guaranteed opportunity for the Underground Championship. It was his chance to redeem himself following the loss to Mark Cross weeks prior, and O’Malley wouldn’t let this chance pass him by. And despite ladder matches being outside his wheelhouse, he overcame all odds and walked away with the Golden Briefcase in his possession! All inside the GO Gym, itself!

After the match and once Underground is off the air and all the “audience” members have left ringside, Darcy and O’Malley remain in the ring. O’Malley is seated on the ring apron with Darcy in his lap and the Golden Briefcase in her hands. She’s smiling from ear to ear, proud of her man, as she has her other arm wrapped around him.

Darcy: You did it, my love! You did exactly what we told everyone you would do, and the Underground Championship is next.

O’Malley grins, his own happiness growing at hers. He pulls her in for a quick squeeze, and plants a kiss on her cheek.

O’Malley: As if there was ever any doubt? And I couldn’t have done it without ye here at ringside cheerin’ me on, love. This isn’t just my hard work, it’s yers too.

Darcy: Well, I’m sure someone out there doubted you. But I never have. I never could. And to think, out of all the GO Gym graduates tonight, you were the only successful one.

O’Malley grins.

O’Malley: Because I was the only one focused enough to be successful. Good thing Carter and Ari aren’t around to hear me say that. I’m sure they’d bite me head off for suggesting it.

Darcy: Well, it’s true. Carter has been involved in that little battle with Shooter over who deserved the TV Championship shot first. It was only too obvious that Shooter would get involved. And Ariana? Don’t even get me started on that one.

They both roll their eyes and let out a laugh at the expense of O’Malley’s fellow gym members. Darcy looks back to the Golden Briefcase.

Darcy: But you...you did Gabriel and Odette proud tonight. And you’re going to go on and make them even more proud by winning the Underground Championship. Speaking of which, we really should get to work on planning when to cash this in.

Darcy starts to immediately rattle off possible time frames, her enthusiasm showing no limits. O’Malley just lets out a laugh and forces her to look at him again.

O’Malley: Slow down, love. There’s plenty of time to decide that. Right now, I’m more interested in celebrating rather than gettin’ right back on the plannin’ horse.

Darcy: Hmmm, celebrating. That is definitely a good idea. Anything in particular you had in mind, my love?

He grins again and raises an eyebrow. He then takes the Golden Briefcase from her hand and sets it down on the ring apron next to him. Darcy adjusts her position in his lap so they are face to face, and O’Malley brings his lips to hers in a passionate embrace. They continue their makeout session until the sound of someone clearing their throat interrupts them. O’Malley looks past Darcy and she turns to look behind her to see Gabriel standing several feet away.

Gabriel: Oi. You two have a hotel room for that, ya know.

O’Malley laughs, and Darcy jumps down from his lap, planting her feet on the floor but staying close to O’Malley as Gabriel approaches them.

Darcy: Oh, don’t worry. We weren’t going to be doing anything further here. I was just showing him how proud I am.

O’Malley: She speaks the truth. We like to keep things behind closed doors.

Gabriel chuckles, not buying it. He stands a safe distance away from them with his arms folded.

Gabriel: Uh huh. Look, I wanted to come here and congratulate you face to face. I woulda done so sooner, but—

O’Malley: But Carter was still throwin’ a hissy fit backstage, right?

Darcy: Obviously. We could hear him in the ring. Is he all calmed down now and over his temper tantrum?

Gabriel shakes his head and lets out a sigh. But it is more out of annoyance at what O’Malley and Darcy are saying than over disappointment at Carter and Ari.

Gabriel: You would be upset, too, if someone had cost you a match that was for a championship. And last I recall, you were blaming a referee for your loss to Mark Cross a few weeks back.

O’Malley: Carter should have seen that comin’, though. Shooter is a right prick.

Gabriel holds his hand up and shakes his head again. O’Malley lets out a sigh and lets his mentor speak, while Darcy listens.

Gabriel: Look, just don’t worry about how Carter reacted, alright? I’m well aware of the fact that the both of you have been expressing obvious jealousy or whatever over the other graduates, but let me make one thing clear. Odette and I...we don’t pick sides. We’re equally proud of everything each one of you has accomplished and have faith you’ll all go on to do more. You want to fight any of the others? Have at it in a proper match, but don’t think it’ll make me any less proud of whoever were to lose.

O’Malley: I got more important things to worry about at the moment.

Gabriel nods and looks to the Golden Briefcase.

Gabriel: That you do. That’s your guaranteed shot at the Underground Championship, anytime you want it. But don’t waste it. I’ve seen more positive outcomes from briefcase matches, but there have been people who wasted them. Plus, you’re signed with SCW now too. So you’ve got both places to think about.

Darcy: Don’t worry. We’re well aware of that.

O’Malley: It won’t be wasted, I promise ye that. And SCW will get the proper amount of focus, too. I won’t disappoint, Gabriel.

Gabriel nods and has a look that says he has full faith in his student.

Gabriel: Alright then. I’ll let the two of ya get going then. We’ll talk more at your next training session. Congrats again, mate. And Darcy, always a pleasure.

Darcy: Likewise.

O’Malley: See ya, Gabriel.

Gabriel then turns and walks away, once again leaving O’Malley and Darcy alone. Darcy turns and faces O’Malley, placing her hands on his shoulders

Darcy: He still doesn’t like me, does he?

O’Malley chuckles.

O’Malley: I dunno, love. He seems to be comin’ around to ye.

Darcy: Eh, it doesn’t matter right now. You are the only one that I need to like me, anyway.

O’Malley smiles and wraps his arms around her.

O’Malley: I more than just like ye, Darc. I love ye. Always will.

The two share another kiss before O’Malley quickly stands up, and lifts Darcy up off the ground, hoisting her up over his shoulder. She lets out a laugh as O’Malley turns around and grabs the Golden Briefcase in his other hand.

Darcy: O’Malley, what are you doing?! I’m more than capable of walking, you know!

O’Malley: Really, love? Yer gonna complain about the view ye got right now?!

Darcy takes a second and thinks about that as she stares right at O’Malley’s ass. She grins then smacks his ass, and laughs.

Darcy: Good point, love! Carry on!

O’Malley then heads off to leave the gym and head back to their hotel room where they will continue their celebrations in private.

“The path to success is never quite an easy one. You win some. You lose some. It’s what you would call a bit of a rollercoaster ride. O’Malley is living proof of that, but he’s gotten over the first few hurdles, and he’s well on his way to the greatest point in his career. He’s finally focused on what he needs to do to achieve greatness and to make all those who were involved in getting him to this point proud. And he’s going to do just that.

The camera opens up and focuses on O’Malley and Darcy standing inside the ring of the GO Gym. Most of the lights are off surrounding them, but a lone spotlight shines on them. And O’Malley holds on to the Golden Briefcase he won on SCU Underground almost two weeks ago.

“The Golden Briefcase O’Malley holds in his hands may not be relevant within SCW, but his intentions remain quite the same. To fight for a championship and to emerge victorious, no matter what. He may not be quite there, but he will be there soon enough. He is doing what he needs to do to climb his way to the top of SCW, and to be quite honest, he’ll prove he’s better than even anyone currently in title contention. Does that mean he’s setting his sights on the World Heavyweight Championship? Ultimately, that is the long term goal…”

She raises her index finger and grins.

“However, due to the fact there are others no doubt in like before him, he’ll start a little lower. Not to say that he even deserves to be there because look at the current state of things in the World Heavyweight title picture. Mark Cross, the current SCU Underground Champion, is first in line. He has a guaranteed shot at the title at Into The Void after winning the Blast From the Past tournament, but where is he, hmm? He’s gone radio silent. Typical Mark Cross behaviour.”

O’Malley glares into the camera and his nostrils flare. Darcy just keeps the grin on her face as she continues.

“And then we have Griffin Hawkins. Our former Roulette Champion. Quite popular among the masses and a fighting competitor and champion, we will admit. No doubt even he will be in line soon after Mark Cross fails at Into The Void. But who will be next to express their intentions for the top title? So many random challenges being tossed out lately, we can only assume who would be next. Perhaps O’Malley’s opponent this week might even throw his name into the mix. After he is done with his little battle with Teddy Warren, that is. What say you, Tony Thorn? What exactly is your ultimate goal?”

She holds a finger up and her face lights up as if a light bulb was lit in her mind. O’Malley’s face remains blank as he lets Darcy continue to speak for him.

“Ahhh, yes. That’s right. You’re so interested in enlightening your opponents. Teaching them the ways of the world, or whatever lessons you think they need be taught. You’ve even already claimed to have your lesson for O’Malley already planned and thought out and ready. Tony, look at him. Take a look at his eyes, and his presence. This is not a man who needs to be taught some lesson. This is not a man who needs to be enlightened by whatever asinine idea you’ve got in your head. O’Malley is already enlightened. He already knows everything he needs in this life. There is nothing more that you could possibly teach him.”

Darcy then starts to take slow steps around O’Malley, smiling proudly at the sight of her man. She stops when she is standing directly at his left side and she caresses his cheek.

“Wrestling aside, I have taught O’Malley everything he needs to know in this world. I have opened his eyes to a greatness he never even knew possible. I led him to be the man that he is today, because the O’Malley that so many others knew years ago was being led down the wrong path. They were keeping him in the shadow of someone who wasn’t even really that great to begin with. Someone whose accomplishments will pale in comparison to what he will do. So, tell us Tony Thorn, what lesson of yours is far greater than that?”

She steps forward keeping her eyes locked into the camera.

“O’Malley has seen all he needs to know. He’s experienced loss and betrayal and *I* was the one to show him his true potential. I showed him that grieving the loss of a woman who only claimed to love him was not in his best interests, and he was trying to live his life to make her proud. No, he’s doing what he needs to do to make himself proud. There is nothing you could even possibly claim to know about him that I don’t already know, Tony. There’s nothing he will take away from this match other than the fact that the two of you have been thrown against one another as a test. What test might that be?”

She turns and walks back over to his right side before looking back into the camera.

“It’s a test to see what O’Malley is worthy of going forward, but also, what to expect from you, Tony. No doubt this will be the final match for the both of you before Into The Void, but it sets the tone for what the both of you are stepping into. Do you really want to be heading into a match against Teddy Warren with a loss? I’m sure you don’t, but that’s exactly how it’s going to be. Then I’m sure you’ll move on to defeat Teddy with no problems, because anyone can, really. Personally I hope you embarrass him, because he’s really quite annoying…

She grins and a slight smirk appears on even O’Malley’s face.

“I have no doubt you will present O’Malley with quite the challenge, but it is a challenge he will overcome, because he has no other choice. But we are looking forward to this match, and the battle the both of you will put up. I have full faith in my love to get the job done. Good luck, Tony. May the better man win…”

Darcy grins one last time.

“And O’Malley plans on it…”
>