Author Topic: Quarantine is Stinky and Boring  (Read 530 times)

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Quarantine is Stinky and Boring
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:55:32 PM »
 Scene One: “Quarantine is STUPID”

When: Friday, 5/8, Noonish
Where: Candy and Marcus’s living room

*The camera opens up to inside of Candy and Marcus’s house in Las Vegas, Nevada. She was sitting on the couch, looking sad and kind of pouty. Marcus walked in the room and noticed.*

MARCUS: Candy? What’s wrong?

*He went and sat next to her.*

MARCUS: You look sad. What’s going on?

CANDY: I’m just bored, and all my games are not so much fun when it’s just me and Fluffy.

*She leaned over and whispered to Marcus*

CANDY: Fluffy cheats…

*Fluffy, who was laying on the floor, popped her ears up and let out a bark.*

CANDY: YOU DID TOO! You had Boardwalk AND Park Place… with hotels!

*Fluffy snorts a little bit and lays her head back down. Candy looks back to Marcus.*

CANDY: Last week, playing Hide and Seek with Malachi was SO MUCH FUN! He was a really good hider! It took me like all day to find him. And it was the funnest thing EVER. I just wanna go out shopping at the mall, or go to an amusement park, or a water park! I’d love to go to a zoo or Disneyland or something so fun. But I can’t. Because some girl named Karina got sick so they closed everything...

MARCUS: Karina? Oh you mean because of the Coronavirus.

CANDY: Yeah, that. I can only go here and the hotel… and I just get bored because I have no one to play games with outside of you, and Fluffy.

MARCUS: Why don’t you take some time to prepare for your match? You do have a tough opponent this week.

CANDY: I could. I probably should. I mean, Alicia said she isn’t going to mis-underestimate me. I’m used to going in and people seeing me as the underdog. But, the underdog usually overcomes and saves the day, right?

MARCUS: Usually. But that’s no excuse to not go out to that ring and practice.

CANDY: I know. But I wanna go have some fun.

MARCUS: Candy, do you remember when you first decided to get into this business?

*Candy looked down at the floor for a second.*

CANDY: Yeah! I met you on my first day.

MARCUS: That’s right.

CANDY: People were being mean to me and insulting me.

MARCUS: And then what happened?

CANDY: You stood up for me.

MARCUS: And I’ve had your back ever since, and I will continue to have your back.

*Candy looks up with a smile on her face.*

MARCUS: What you need to do, is remember how much fun you have doing what you love to do.

CANDY: It’s not that I don’t have fun, I just don’t like waiting to compete. So playing games helps me settle my nerves, and gives me something to do since we are stuck in the hotel and here. There’s only so much I can do. And you know I have to keep busy,

MARCUS: Oh yeah, trust me, I know. Why don’t you go to the hotel and see if any of your friends there wanna play? I know Kiera and Roxi like you, and they said they were gonna give you lots of hugs. And you do love hugs.

CANDY: I DO love hugs!

MARCUS: And you can take Fluffy with you. Maybe some of your co-workers have their dogs with them who want a playdate with Fluffy. Doesn’t hurt to try.

CANDY: But I don’t really KNOW too many people on the roster… even tho I have been there for like… 6 months.

MARCUS: Then it’s time to change that. Go on, go make some more friends. You are good at that. Then, when you get home, we can take some time out in the ring and make sure you are in tip top shape for your match.

*Candy smiled as she gave Marcus a kiss and the scene faded.*

Scene Two: “Wanna Be My Friend?”

When: 5/8, Mid Afternoon
Where: The halls of the hotel… I mean… where else would she be?

*The cameras fade up in the quiet, mostly empty, hallways of the hotel where the SCW superstars are quarantined. The only movement in this hallway was Candy and Fluffy walking down the hallway, but they were being unusually quiet. They got to a door and Candy knocked 3 times. Bella Madison opened the door.*

BELLA: Candy… hey…

CANDY: Hi Bella! I was bored and wanted to see if Malachi wanted to play Hide and Seek with me again?

BELLA: I don’t think…

CANDY: Or any game really. I brought a bunch of board games with me! There’s Monopoly, Guess Who, Sorry, and my personal favorite, Candyland!

BELLA: I… don’t think that’s a good idea. You see, Malachi can’t come out to play. He isn’t feeling too good.

*Candy’s face went from a smile to scared.*

CANDY: OH NO! MALACHI HAS THE CORONA????

*Bella motioned for her to lower her voice.*

BELLA: No no, he doesn’t have the Corona. You can’t just go around yelling that. That’s how people get locked in private quarantine and tested… you don’t want that… do you?

CANDY: No…

BELLA: Besides, he just has a headache. That’s all. Just a headache with a hangover. He drank a little too much last night.

CANDY: Ohhhh I get it. It’s like when I drink too much of Marcus’s Mt Dew and then my head is all spinny and the room is shakey and your tummy hurts?

*Bella squinted a little bit, then just went along with it.*

BELLA: Yes. Exactly like that.

CANDY: Well… I hope he feels better soon! I’m so bored and I just want some one to play games with, and he is my bestie.

BELLA: He’ll be fine. I’m taking care of him.

CANDY: I’ll bring him some chicken noodle soup! That always makes me feel better.

BELLA: I’m sure he’d love that. I’m gonna go and check on him, ok?

CANDY: Ok. Bye Bella!

*Bella waved silently at her and shut the door. Candy looked down at Fluffy.*

CANDY: What are we gonna do now? Kiera and Roxi weren’t in their room, and Malachi is sick. What are we gonna do to pass the time? No one else needs a haircut right now, and everyone else is busy getting ready for Sunday. I got nothing scheduled for today. No photoshoots, or interviews… nothing. It’s a free day, and I’m standing here bored. What should we do?

*Fluffy wagged her tail and let out a small whimper. Candy smiled.*

CANDY: YEAH! WE CAN GO BAKE COOKIES!!! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!

*Fluffy wagged her tail and barked twice, excitedly.*

CANDY: RACE YA!!!

*Candy and Fluffy take off running down the hall. They turn the corner and run right into an unsuspecting Pussy Willow. They both fall on their butts from the impact.*

CANDY: I’M SO SORRY!!!

PUSSY WILLOW: Oh, Don’t worry about it. Happens more often than you would think.

*They both get to their feet.*

PUSSY WILLOW: I was actually looking for you. That video you sent promoting your match somehow got corrupted before it could be posted. So they wanted me to find you and see if you had it saved still.

CANDY: No, I don’t. I’m sorry… what are we gonna do???

PUSSY WILLOW: If you aren’t busy, we could record a quick interview.

CANDY: Sounds good!

PUSSY WILLOW: Ok, meet me down at the interview area in 5 minutes.

*Candy agreed and the camera cuts to 5 minutes later, Candy and Pussy Willow standing in the interview area.*

PUSSY WILLOW: Thank you for joining me, Candy. Our first question tonight is “Are you nervous to face Alicia Lukas?”

CANDY: I’m totally not nervous. I was nervous last week against Mercedes Vargas… and I won. I went out there and I used my instincts and I won. I proved myself like I do every time I go out to the ring. And I’m gonna prove myself against Alicia too. She seems nice, she said on Twitter that she wasn’t going to underestimate me. She knows what I can do in the ring, and I have watched some of her last matches. I still think management is testing me. To see how I do against these bigger names.

PUSSY WILLOW: Oh, really?

CANDY: Yeah. Why else would they put me against 2 names this big back to back? They saw that I overcame Mercedes, and they want to see what I do against Alicia.

PUSSY WILLOW: That is a good theory. My second question… Are you approaching this match any different because it is not a title match?

CANDY: No way! Title match or not, I can’t look at this match differently. I still want to win. And I know it’s just going to be a one on one match, no crazy Roulette Rules. So I don’t have to worry about what kind of match it will be. I’m actually really looking forward to this match.

PUSSY WILLOW: Really?

CANDY: Yeah! I like a challenge. Things get boring and no one likes that. So, getting a chance to face bigger and bigger names makes things so much more fun. Alicia seems nice, and she knows that I am not going to be an easy match. It’s gonna be a great match, and whatever happens… happens.

PUSSY WILLOW: Are you going to be upset if you lose?

CANDY: Who isn’t at least a little bit upset when they lose? But it’s ok. I am gonna do my bestest, and that’s all I can do.

PUSSY WILLOW: Well, thank you for your time, and good luck out there.

*Candy smiled as the scene faded to black.*

user posted image