Author Topic: Into The Darkness: Part 3  (Read 439 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Into The Darkness: Part 3
« on: April 24, 2020, 05:07:53 PM »

Wednesday April 22nd
Isolation Training Day
GO Gym

After announcing that he’s going to start pulling double duty and wrestling for both SCU and SCW, not only did Darcy feel that an increase in training was necessary, but so did O’Malley’s trainer and mentor, Gabriel Stevens. More matches means he has to work harder to accomplish everything he is setting out to do. Even if all of that is yet to be revealed. For reasons unknown, O’Malley and Darcy are still being secretive about their plans, but it seems that people are slowly giving up on questioning them about it.

Just days ago, O’Malley had perhaps his biggest match in SCU yet. He faced Mark Cross for the Underground Championship, but sadly came up just a little short of walking out as the new champion. He had placed the blame on the referee after, saying his near pin attempt was a slow count. Judging by his heightened anger inside the ring at the moment against his sparring opponent, he’s apparently still upset about the outcome.

Gabriel: Oi! O’Malley, take a break why don’t ya? You’re gonna wear yourself out.

O’Malley looks in Gabriel’s direction and shakes his head.

O’Malley: What? I’m fine. I don’t need—

Gabriel: That wasn’t a suggestion. Take a break.

O’Malley sighs, as does his sparring opponent, but more so out of relief. The guy mumbles under his breath and when he walks past O’Malley, O’Malley hits him with a cheap shot to the jaw! The guy spins around, ready to defend himself, but Gabriel quickly yells at the two and they go their separate ways. O’Malley exits the ring and heads over to the bench where Gabriel is seated. He grabs a bottle of water and sits a safe distance away from Gabriel, then takes a big gulp of water. Gabriel looks around, and then back to O’Malley.

Gabriel: I’m surprised Darcy isn’t here. I don’t think I’ve seen the two of ya apart since you came back.

O’Malley shrugs, and turns his attention to Gabriel with a nod.

O’Malley: I told her to stay back at the hotel today. No big deal.

Gabriel: And she listened?

Gabriel chuckles and O’Malley raises an eyebrow.

O’Malley: Yeah? What’s yer point?

Gabriel: Nothing. It’s just…

His voice trails off. O’Malley stares at him and takes another drink of water before grabbing a towel and wiping the sweat off his face.

O’Malley: Just what? Go on and say whatever ye wanted to say, Gabriel.

Gabriel: Alright, fine. You asked for it. It’s no secret that Darcy seems to wear the pants in your relationship. It just seems kind of surprising she’d agree to be away from you, even for a training day.

O’Malley rolls his eyes. He shakes his head and drapes the towel around his neck.

O’Malley: I don’t know what all of ye have against her, Gabriel. What’s so wrong with a woman being strong willed and takin’ charge like she does? She doesn’t make all the decisions, ye know.

Gabriel: No? So then there’s nothing to the fact she does all the talking on camera for you? She’s not making all those decisions? People are starting to wonder, O’Malley.

O’Malley sighs and he turns all of his attention to Gabriel. He seems more annoyed than before, obviously not thrilled with everyone questioning his relationship with Darcy all the time.

O’Malley: I don’t need to speak on camera, Gabriel. I told ye that before. My actions speak louder than my words and Darcy is better and all of that than I am. If I wasn’t happy with anything she said, I’d speak up. I don’t care what people are startin’ to wonder, either. Let ‘em.

Gabriel: No offense, mate, but she’s not better at all of it. Why you have to be so secretive about who she is? Or how you met? Nobody knows anything about that woman except the fact she’s got ya by the gooleys.

O’Malley raises an eyebrow and lets out a laugh.

O’Malley: Gooleys?

Gabriel: Sounded better than balls. But ya know what I meant. Come on. She’s not around. Ya gotta give me something here, O’Malley.

O’Malley lets out another sigh and nods. He takes his bottle of water and takes another sip, looking away from Gabriel for a moment. His thoughts drift off to Darcy, and the information that Gabriel was asking. After a moment, O’Malley shakes his head again.

O’Malley: None of that should matter, Gabriel, because it’s no one’s business. I’m with her. She loves me and I love her. She supports everything I’m doin’ here and is tryin’ to help me accomplish it all. People just can’t accept the fact that I’m not still grieving. I’ve moved on and that’s all there is to it.

Gabriel: I don’t think it’s that they can’t accept you’re not still grieving. I think it more has to do with the fact that you’re with a woman who has openly disrespects your late wife’s name, and her memory. And you just let it happen without a flinch. Not to mention, she’s keeping you from seeing Owen.

At the mention of his son’s name, O’Malley quickly stands up from the bench and he glares down at Gabriel.

O’Malley: Darcy’s got nothin’ to do with me not seeing Owen, so ye can just put that thought out of yer mind. Owen is with his family. He’s being taken care of just fine, so I don’t need ye—

Gabriel: Don’t ya think he deserves to have his father, too? Yeah, he’s being taken care of, but you haven’t seen him in what, two years now? Come on, O’Malley…

Gabriel is trying to play nice with O’Malley and get him to see reason now that he has a chance without Darcy around. O’Malley just shakes his head as his anger rises.

O’Malley: Yeah well then maybe someone should go tell his real father that then, and quit tryin’ to lay a guilt trip on me!

Gabriel: What the hell are you talking about? Don’t tell me that bird really made you believe that Owen isn’t your son? Christ, mate. You know how ridiculous that sounds?

O’Malley shakes his head.

O’Malley: Is it really that hard to believe? Owen’s mother never loved me. Not really…

Gabriel: Misty...You can say her name, ya know.

O’Malley closes his eyes and turns away from Gabriel. He’s shaking his head.

O’Malley: I’m done here. I’m done with this conversation, Gabriel. I’m gonna go take a shower and get back to the hotel and to Darcy.

Gabriel: Alright, I won’t bring up her name again. Just calm down and let’s finish—

O’Malley: I said I’m done! I’ll catch ye later, but I’m finished fer the day..

O’Malley doesn’t give Gabriel a chance to protest any further. He rushes off to the locker rooms to grab the rest of his stuff so he can get back to Darcy. Gabriel just stands back, shaking his head, but he turns and walks in the opposite direction.

FLASHBACK SCENE
MAY 2018
Dublin, Ireland
What is he avoiding?

It’s been days now since O’Malley had his first confrontation with Darcy. How they know each other is still unknown, but one thing is very clear. He wants nothing to do with her, as much as she would like to have a conversation with him at the very least. Because she now knows what pub he can be found in, he’s made it a habit to avoid that pub as well.

He hasn’t lived in Ireland in quite some time. Was what he was currently doing his way of moving back? Or was this just temporary? He still didn’t know. He’s treating it as temporary, though, having started renting a room in the very same Inn that Misty had stayed during her trips here. The owner, Mrs. O’Reilly, had aged quite a bit over the last few years, but she was making it a point to continue working as long as she could. O’Malley was currently seated out on the front porch, a bottle of Irish Whiskey in his hand, and just looking out at his home country. The country that Misty had grown to love so much, yet he secretly despised.

Mrs. O’Reilly: What’s on yer mind, O’Malley? Ye seem more troubled than ye were last time I saw ye.

The frail old woman made her way out to the porch to join him. He looks up at her and just shrugs, not wanting to talk about whatever is bothering him. Though she knows what it is.

Mrs. O’Reilly: Yer allowed to grieve openly, dear. Misty was a wonderful lass. Ye were lucky to have her fer the time ye did, but keepin’ all yer feelin’s bottled up like ye are will do ye no good.

O’Malley shakes his head.

O’Malley: I’m fine, love. Really.

Her eyes fall to the bottle of whiskey in his hand, now half empty.

Mrs. O’Reilly: That bottle in yer hand says otherwise, dear. I’ve lost count on how much ye’ve had since ye’ve been here. Ye can talk to me…

Just as O’Malley turns and looks at her, he spots someone walking up to the Inn, and he goes silent. Mrs. O’Reilly turns her attention in the same direction and they both spot Darcy walking up to them, a smile on her face.

Mrs. O’Reilly: Well if it isn’t Darcy Donohue. What can I do fer ye, dear?

Darcy looked directly at O’Malley, who was glaring back to her.

Darcy: I’m actually here to see O’Malley. Nice to see you though Mrs. O’Reilly.

O’Malley: Save it, Darcy. I’ve got nothin’ to say to ye.

Mrs. O’Reilly slowly stands up from her chair. She pats O’Malley’s knee and just nods to him, before disappearing inside the building and leaving the two of them alone. O’Malley takes a drink of his whiskey and doesn’t speak a word to Darcy.

Darcy: You look...different. From the last time I saw ya anyway.

O’Malley’s eyes move and he glares at her.

O’Malley: Haven’t really changed much in a few days, Darc. But thanks for noticin’.

She chuckles and takes a few more steps forward.

Darcy: I didn’t mean the other day, O’Malley. I meant—

O’Malley: I know what ye meant, alrighty?! It doesn’t matter. I know what ye want, and it ain’t gonna happen. Just leave me the hell alone, because that’s all I want. To be left alone!

O’Malley stands up from the chair and rushes over to the edge of the porch. He continues drinking his whiskey, looking out at the scenery around him, thinking of everything he’s lost in recent months. And everything he gave up. His son would grow up hating him, and Misty is probably rolling in her grave after he abandoned him the way he did. He closes his eyes and tries not to think about it, when Darcy places a hand on his shoulder and he jumps.

Darcy: She broke your heart, didn’t she? I told you it would happen.

O’Malley spins around quickly and he snarls at her. She jumps back, not used to this anger from him.

O’Malley: She feckin’ died, Darcy! Not that it’s any of yer damn business! Don’t feckin’ talk about her ever again! And don’t come near me ever again!

O’Malley shoves past Darcy and disappears back inside to head to his room. Darcy stays behind, grinning from ear to ear as she taps her foot.

Darcy: She’s dead, huh? Good. I never liked her anyway, and there’s no chance she’ll come back this time.

Darcy continues to smile as she slowly walks away from Mrs. O’Reilly’s Inn. As she walks further away, she turns and looks up to a window on the second floor and waves to O’Malley as he watches her leave. The curtain quickly closes and she turns back around, heading back to wherever she came from.

Back to The Present Day
Saxon Hotel and Suites
What are they hiding?!

Inside their hotel suite, Darcy is lounging on the bed trying to find something interesting to watch on TV. She surfs through the channels and gets further disappointed when she finds nothing. A few moments later, the sound of a keycard inserting into the lock and then the lock clicking is heard and the door swings open. O’Malley walks in, looking rather grumpy. Darcy turns the TV off and plants her feet on the floor.

Darcy: You’re back early. What happened?

O’Malley just grunts and waves it off.

O’Malley: Nothin’. Don’t worry about it, love.

He walks over and sits on the edge of the bed. Darcy knows better than to believe him as she scoots closer to him, placing her hands on his shoulders.

Darcy: I know you better than that, my love. You’re angry, and I want to know why.

O’Malley: Yer persistent, aren’t ye?

She grins and nods.

Darcy: I think we established that a long time ago. Now, c’mon. Tell me what happened.

She rubs his shoulders, feeling the tension built up in his muscles. He does his best to relax, and takes in a few deep breaths before he speaks.

O’Malley: People just won’t stop buggin’ me about how I met ye and what not. They all want answers and I just don’t get why it’s any of their business.

The look in Darcy’s eyes gets slightly panicked but she keeps her cool and continues massaging his shoulders.

Darcy: People like who, exactly?

O’Malley: Who do ye think, love? Gabriel. He knows he has no control over who I’m with, but he just wants to understand ye and our relationship I guess.

Darcy: What...what did you tell him?

O’Malley turns quickly, swatting her hands away. He looks at her with shock as he furrows his eyebrows.

O’Malley: Ye think I told him anything?! Well, I didn’t. They’re just not used to ye because yer so different than Misty—

Darcy: I told you not to say her name around me!

Darcy jumps off the bed, and it’s now she who is upset. O’Malley stands up, staring at her as she has her back turned to him.

O’Malley: Look, she’s dead, love! She’s not comin’ back! Ye know that! And her name is gonna get mentioned from time to time because she wrestled for SCW for God’s sake. Calm down.

Darcy: Don’t tell me to calm down, O’Malley. I just...don’t want to hear you speak her name.

O’Malley grins as he walks up behind her. She has her arms folded and shrugs his hands away as he grabs her shoulders. He frowns and takes a step back.

O’Malley: Oh, so now yer gonna be pissed off at me, too, because I mentioned my dead wife’s name?! Ye got nothing to worry about, love, but I guess I need to keep remindin’ ye of that. Christ, I don’t need this shite right now. Especially not from ye of all people!

He turns away and walks back over to the edge of the bed, sitting down again. Darcy turns around slowly and stares at him, trying not to grin at his frustration.

Darcy: And why not?

O’Malley: I don’t think I need to remind ye, darlin’, that I’ve lost two big matches in a row now. Twice I’ve had the chance to become a champion, and twice I’ve failed.

Darcy: Yeah and the first time was because you let yourself get distracted after you knocked me off the ring apron…

Darcy frowns and O’Malley looks at her, remorse written all over his face.

O’Malley: Ye know I didn’t mean to do that! And I was just trying to make sure ye were alright. If I had really hurt ye…

He trails off, trying not to think of how he'd have felt if that had happened. Darcy sighs and she walks back over, standing directly in front of him.

Darcy: But you didn’t, and I’m not mad. Well, not anymore.

He looks up and her and when he notices her grin, he can’t help but crack a smile himself.

Darcy: And that referee against Mark Cross clearly counted way too fast, so that was out of your control. But don’t worry. You’re facing Caleb Storms this time. That’s not exactly anyone to be concerned about. I mean, just ask Fenris…

O’Malley quickly narrows his eyes.

O’Malley: Ahh to hell with Fenris. That arsehole thinks he’s the best to walk out of GO Gym. I don’t give a—

Darcy places a finger on his lips, silencing him.

Darcy: Don’t go worrying about Fenris now, my love. You focus on sending an even bigger message than he did against Caleb Storms. This might not be a Lion’s Den match, but you’ve got a lot more to prove. A lot more work to be done.

O’Malley: Do me a favor, love?

She wraps her arms around his neck and smiles.

Darcy: Anything…

O’Malley: Don’t get involved in this one. Ye can be at ringside, but let me do this one on me own, please.

Her smile soon fades and she thinks about what he is asking. He looks at her very seriously.

Darcy: I will do my best, my love. I make no promises, but if it is what you want, I will do my best.

He doesn't seem satisfied with that answer and he pulls her in closer to him. She straddles his lap and grins at him wickedly.

O’Malley: Do ye have no faith in me, woman?!

Darcy: Oh, no, I do. Of course I do. I just love seeing you angry at the same time.

She grins again as she looks into his eyes.

O’Malley: Like how I felt when ye snapped at me fer sayin’ her name…

He brings his lips to hers and kisses her, but he gasps and pulls back when she bites his bottom lip. Darcy goes to speak but O’Malley kisses her again, and the two collapse backwards onto the bed.

“Focus. A concept which so many people within Sin City Wrestling seem to be misguided on. The whole point of you all being contracted with Sin City Wrestling is to take part in your matches and focus on the wrestling. Focus on winning and doing whatever it takes to walk away with the victory. But all around us, O’Malley and myself see those of you who aren’t doing that at all. And it’s nothing short of laughable.”

The camera opens up, focused on the faces of O’Malley and Darcy. O’Malley is seated in a chair, in an undisclosed location within the Saxon Hotel and Suites, and Darcy is seated comfortably on his lap with her left arm draped around his neck. O’Malley stares into the camera, as he lets his lady speak for him.

“My love knows what he has to do. O’Malley knows what is expected of him as part of his contracts- yes multiple. Because he’s now putting in much more work than any of the other superstars or Bombshells can say, with his active contracts for Sin City Underground AND Sin City Wrestling respectively. Oh but I’m sure so many will bite back and say that Underground is worthless? Underground does not matter? Underground is simply a developmental territory, right? Wrong! Underground and Sin City Wrestling are all part of the same company, so of course O’Malley would jump at the chance to make an impact in both territories. O’Malley puts in the effort and the work, and despite a few recent setbacks, he’s not going to give up. Because he has no distractions.

Darcy and O’Malley look at once another and she caresses his chin, then gives him a quick kiss before they both look back into the camera.

“And no, I am not a distraction. I support him and push him to do what needs to be done. Unlike so many of the superstars and Bombshells around here, I am not O’Malley’s pet. Because that seems to be just what so many are focused on around here, right? Their annoying pets. Dogs. Cats. Even a stupid cactus! Which, I think said person with a cactus needs a mental evaluation. Am I right, my love?”

O’Malley grins and he very slowly nods his head. He still never speaks a word, trusting his lady to speak for him.

“O’Malley’s opponent this week is one of those who seems to have forgotten his priorities around here. Don’t try to deny it, Caleb, because we’ve studied you very closely in recent days, and all you ever seem to be focused on is that flea bitten mutt of your’s. A wrestling company is NO place for animals, yet you seemed to have started a trend in bringing that mutt to every single show. Make no mistake, Caleb, you might want to concern yourself with preparing for your match against O’Malley, and less about how much exercise your fleabag is getting. Because, you see, you might be more terrified at the thought of facing Fenris, but O’Malley is going to prove to you how tame Fenris really is compared to him.”

Darcy chuckles and O’Malley narrows his eyes quickly, glaring into the camera.

“O’Malley is out to prove a point, Caleb. He is out to make a statement. Make an impact. Facing you isn’t quite enough to do the trick, but what he will do is destroy you and that heightened sense of self-confidence you have. You couldn’t even make it through a triple threat match to secure a number on contender spot for the Roulette title. Are you really going to make the mistake of underestimating O’Malley and thinking you’ll defeat him?”

Darcy laughs and shakes her head. She moves her legs to plant her feet on the floor, but stays seated on O’Malley’s lap as she stares into the camera, as does O’Malley.

“I certainly hope not. You’re nothing but a failure, Caleb. You walk into your matches, certain you’ll walk out with the victory but do you know what happens? You lose. You couldn’t defeat Austin James Mercer for the Internet Title- not that you stood a chance. And you simply weren’t good enough to become the number one contender to the Roulette title. So where exactly does that leave you, Caleb? Where do you see yourself going after you are handed yet another loss? Do you know the answer? Because after O’Malley defeats you, he’s moving on to do something you’ve never done and never will.”

Darcy leans forward, getting closer to the camera.

“Be successful. O’Malley is going to continue on his path to dominating both Sin City Underground and Sin City Wrestling. He’s going to make people fear stepping into the ring with him. He’s going to cement his name in the record books while you secure your spot in the irrelevance club. Oh, but don’t worry. You’ll always have your loyal fleabag and airheaded wife to console you after your wrestling career turns out to be a complete failure. Oh wait. It already is.”

Darcy stands up and walks around the chair. She stands behind O’Malley, placing her hands on his shoulders and keeping her gaze on the camera. O’Malley breathes slowly and blinks.

“Look closely, Caleb. Take a look at the determination in O’Malley’s eyes. Focus on how serious he is. Steal yourself away from that stupid dog of yours for more than two minutes to prepare yourself for what is coming. Because ok Sunday night, O’Malley is going to embarrass you, and set his sights on something far greater and more important than you will ever be.”

Darcy leans down, her face right in O’Malley’s ear as she glares into the camera.

“Championship gold. And taking down all those who think they’re not only better than him, but are capable of stopping him on his path to glory. Good luck, Caleb. Trust me when I say you’re going to need it.”

Darcy grins wickedly before she kisses O’Malley on his cheek. His fiery gaze remains locked on the camera, a look of what is to come in just two days time.

>