Author Topic: Into The Darkness: Part 2  (Read 424 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Into The Darkness: Part 2
« on: March 27, 2020, 05:28:55 PM »

March 1st, 2020
Hamilton, Scotland
After O’Malley’s disqualification

Two years after being eliminated in the first round of the Blast From The Past tournament, O’Malley found himself in the same outcome. Only this time, the elimination was his fault, as he had hit Austin James Mercer with a low blow that got him and Samantha Marlowe disqualified. A strange turn of events indeed, as his mysterious lady love, Darcy Donohue, had basically guaranteed that O’Malley and his partner would not get eliminated in the first round again, and it certainly wouldn’t be his fault either.

So why go back on their word? Why would O’Malley make such a risky decision that ultimately led to his disqualification? You’d have to ask O’Malley that, but the only person who would be privy to that information is Darcy herself.

Her actions following the disqualification led everyone to believe perhaps she was fine with what O’Malley had done. By tossing in a steel chair to O’Malley, what other conclusion was there left to come to? Well, judging by her mood backstage, she is anything BUT fine with his decision, and she’s expressing every bit of her frustrations out on her man. Luckily there is no one around at the moment, or there might be many curious eyes on the both of them.

Darcy: What were you THINKING?! I made it very clear to everyone that if you and Samantha were eliminated that it would NOT be your fault!

Darcy glares at O’Malley as he is seated in a chair, sweat still appearing at the top of his forehead. He doesn’t answer her, and just stares at her calmly.

Darcy: And what do you do?! You get the two of you disqualified! That is not what we had planned, O’Malley! That is not what we discussed!

She shouts even louder, turning away from him in frustration. He scratches his head, remaining silent, and she turns back around to face him, folding her arms.

Darcy: Then I had to think quick and make it look like that was all part of the plan, and you couldn’t even finish THAT! I don’t know what we’re going to do from here, but I guess I need to think of another plan. And you better not screw that up, either!

She turns away from him again, closing her eyes and bringing her hands up to her head. She pulls at her hair, frustrated. O’Malley stands up from the chair and walks up behind her. He wraps his arms around her, and kisses her neck, but even that doesn’t get a smile from her.

Darcy: Your sexual advances won’t work right now, O’Malley. What you did out there really screwed things up, and I don’t think you fully understand that.

He kisses her neck again, then up to her ear. He stops, and whispers something to her, this time causing a grin to appear on her face. He spins her around to face him, and he looks into her eyes as she grins wickedly up at him.

Darcy: Interesting thought you have there. I suppose that could work, but I’m still very disappointed in you, my love. You were supposed to advance all the way to the finals. You were supposed to win that guaranteed shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, but—

In an effort to silence her, as it seems is the case, O’Malley brings his lips to hers, kissing her passionately. They kiss for what seems like quite a while until the sound of someone clearing their throat is heard. Darcy immediately pulls away and both have annoyed expressions on their face as they look next to them. The camera pans back and Pussy Willow is seen standing there.

Pussy: Uh, pardon my interruption, but—

Darcy: But what, exactly? Let me guess, you’re here to be quite the nosey one, right? I mean, that is part of your job description?

Pussy Willow scratches her head momentarily.

Pussy: Well, I suppose. But why does that surprise you? I’m sent to try and get answers, or thoughts and opinions, from the superstars and Bombshells, so why do you seem to have such a problem with it?

Darcy rolls her eyes. She steps in front of O’Malley, standing between him and Pussy Willow. She folds her arms and glares at the busty reporter, and O’Malley places a hand on the small of her back.

Darcy: I have such a problem with it because you interrupted a private moment between my love and I. If you were so curious to get answers or thoughts and opinions from O’Malley or myself, you could have waited and come back later.

Pussy Willow chuckles.

Pussy: Private moment? You two were playing tonsil hockey out in the open. That is hardly a private moment. And if I had come back later, you would have either been gone, doing a hell of a lot more than making out, or turned me away anyway.

Darcy: First off, kissing in public is one thing. Anything beyond that, we do behind a locked and closed door. Secondly, why don’t you just get to why you’re here then? Get it over with so the two of us can finish what we started.

Pussy Willow glances to O’Malley. His expression remains blank, but she watches as he rubs Darcy’s back and his hand then slides down to her ample behind, giving it a bit of a squeeze. Darcy grins as she waits for Pussy to answer. Pussy shakes her head and turns her attention back to Darcy.

Pussy: Well, I guess the question is quite obvious, isn’t it? Why did O’Malley cost himself and Samantha the first round match by getting them disqualified? And his actions after…

Darcy: O’Malley understands the gravity of what he did out there. We all make mistakes, but perhaps this was all for the better. The whole idea of this tournament is laughable. I mean, relying on someone you don’t know in order to secure a championship opportunity? It’s ridiculous.

Pussy: And completely voluntary. You’re not forced into this tournament, and O’Malley had himself a very trustworthy partner out there. But I guess ultimately you’re calling the shots, right?

Darcy is none too pleased with being interrupted by Pussy Willow. She drops her hands and takes a single step forward.

Darcy: As I have said many times before, O’Malley trusts the decisions I make. If he had a problem with it, he would tell ME. Plain and simple.

Pussy Willow shakes her head and looks back to O’Malley.

Pussy: What happened to you, O’Malley? How on earth could you let this vile woman take control of you like she’s done?

O’Malley’s nostrils flare and Darcy speaks up for him.

Darcy: Leave. Now!

Pussy: With pleasure. And O’Malley, I hope whatever hold she has on you can be released. Misty is probably rolling in her grave right now.

Darcy: LEAVE!

Pussy Willow turns and walks away without another word. Darcy stands there for a moment, seething, but O’Malley comes up behind her and again wraps his arms around her. She calms just slightly.

Darcy: These people are never going to stop bringing her up, are they?

O’Malley simply responds by kissing her neck again. She takes in a deep breath and sighs, pushing herself away from him.

Darcy: Let’s go get our things and get the hell out of here.

Darcy then starts walking, and O’Malley follows behind. But the question that Pussy Willow had raised remains. What exactly has Darcy done to O’Malley?

**FLASHBACK SCENE**
MAY 2018
Dublin, Ireland- O’Malley Returns Home

Home. Ireland, that is. His real home. Not the home he had built in America with Misty and their son, Owen. After marrying Misty, and moving to America to be with her and Owen, he wasn’t sure when he would even return to Ireland again. Truth be told, there wasn’t much there for him, but in recent months he found himself being drawn back and there was nothing holding him back. Or, no one at least, now that Misty was gone.

Not even his son. God, he had thought about bringing Owen with him. He had every right, being Owen’s only living parent now. But all of Misty’s family were in the states. They were all in the Las Vegas vicinity to be exact, and deep down, O’Malley couldn’t take Owen away from his extended family like that. But he also couldn’t be the father that Owen needed, either.

O’Malley: Hey, Brady! I’ll take another!

The barkeep, Brady, walks over to O’Malley. He raises an eyebrow at him and reluctantly takes O’Malley’s empty pint glass to refill it.

Brady: Don’t ye think ye’ve had enough, bud? I’m all fer the business an’ all, but—

O’Malley: Just fill the feckin’ glass, mick!

Brady does as he’s ordered to do and then slides the full pint back to O’Malley. O’Malley takes a quick drink as O’Malley’s thoughts wander back to just days ago. To when he left his son in the care of his grandparents. To the look in Owen’s eyes as he walked away…

Several days ago…

O’Malley sits in the back seat of the taxi he had drive him here- to the home belonging to Misty’s parents. Owen is with him, strapped in snug to his car seat next to his father. The taxi driver is staring into the rearview mirror at him, growing more impatient.

Driver: Look, not to rush you or anything, but how long is this going to take?

O’Malley: Just gimme a minute. I’m about to do somethin’ really feckin’ stupid, and I need another minute.

The driver sighs but says no more. The time was ultimate on O’Malley’s dime, but it wouldn’t go on much longer, though. The front door to the house opens, and O’Malley spots Misty’s parents, Andrew and Colleen, walk out. Their eyes focused solely on the taxi parked out front.

O’Malley: Ahh, shite. Here we go. Look, I need to get me boy unstrapped and to his grandparents. Don’t drive off, ok?

Driver: You’re paying, pal. Just don’t take forever.

O’Malley nods as he turns to Owen, and begins unbuckling him from the carseat. Owen points out the window as he spots his grandparents and smiles brightly.

Owen: Nana! Papa! Nana! Papa!

O’Malley: That’s right, boy-o. Yer gonna go see Nana and Papa. C’mon.

O’Malley opens his door and Owen quickly shoves away from him and runs to his grandparents. O’Malley takes the opportunity to get Owen’s car seat and bags with his belongings out of the car before he walks up to Misty’s parents. Andrew has Owen in his arms, and Colleen looks at O’Malley curiously.

Colleen: O’Malley? What...what’s going on? We weren’t expecting you.

O’Malley sets the car seat and bags down on the ground. Andrew tries to keep Owen distracted, but that is easier said than done with an almost three year old.

O’Malley: Uh, yeah. Look, this isn’t gonna be easy fer me, and I’m sure yer all gonna hate me fer this, but—

Colleen: Are…you going somewhere?

O’Malley takes in a deep breath and then nods slowly. Andrew growls and Colleen frowns.

O’Malley: I...I have to. I’m goin’ back to Ireland. I miss her so much, and I can’t stay here without her. I can’t live in that house with her there. And..I can’t be the father Owen needs me to be.

Andrew: What the hell are you talking about?! How long are you going for?!

Colleen: O’Malley, please reconsider. Owen just lost his mother. He...he needs you.

O’Malley shakes his head and it’s clear he is fighting back tears.

O’Malley: I don’t know how long I’ll be gone, honestly. It may be a while. I need to let her go, and I can’t do that here. I thought about takin’ Owen with me, but I couldn’t take him from all of ye like that. He needs all ye more than he needs me.

Growing impatient, the taxi driver honks his horn. O’Malley spins around and holds a finger up saying he’ll be just another minute.

O’Malley: I’m...I’m sorry to do this to all of ye, but I have to. I know yer what’s best for Owen, so I know I’m leavin’ him in good hands. Right, Owen?

Owen: Daddy leaving??

Owen suddenly frowns as he senses what is happening. O’Malley runs his hand over Owen’s cheek and nods, his heartbreaking.

O’Malley: Yeah, bud. Daddy’s leavin’ fer a while. Yer gonna stay here with Nana and Papa, though.

Owen: No! I wanna go! I wanna go wif Daddy!

Owen reaches for O’Malley, hoping he’ll take him in his arms, but O’Malley backs away quickly, shaking his head. Owen starts to cry as O’Malley starts heading for the taxi.

O’Malley: I...I’m sorry, boy-o. I love ye so much, Owen! But ye gotta stay with Nana and Papa! I...I’m sorry!

Owen fights to get out of his grandfather’s arms, but Andrew holds on tight as O’Malley jumps into the backseat of the taxi again. He orders the taxi driver to go, and he puts the car in drive and speeds off. And O’Malley never...looks...back.

Back to Ireland, days later…

O’Malley’s eyes just stare forward as he continues drinking his pint of beer. Brady is wiping down the counter ss O’Malley nears the end of his drink.

Brady: Where’s yer mind at these days, O’Malley? Last time I saw ye, ye were happy. That lass break yer heart or somethin’?

O’Malley’s eyes drift over to Brady and he just slowly blinks. He finishes off his beer and slides the empty glass over to Brady.

O’Malley: Somethin’ like that. Gimme somethin’ stronger. Whiskey should do.

Brady is tempted to argue, but judging by the mood O’Malley is in, he decides against it. He searches around for a bottle of good Irish Whiskey and grabs another glass. He sets the glass in front of O’Malley and pours the whiskey and the sound of heels clicking on the floor are heard. A shadow is cast behind O’Malley as Brady looks behind him.

“So it’s true. You’re back in Ireland.”

O’Malley’s eyes widen just as he brings the glass of whiskey up to his mouth and he hears the female voice behind him. Her Irish accent isn’t as thick as everyone else’s but it’s there. And it’s a voice he apparently recognizes. He downs the entire glass of whiskey before he turns and faces the woman behind him.

O’Malley: Christ...Darcy? What the…

The woman standing before him, now identified as Darcy, grins as she stares at him. Brady walks several feet away, giving them as much privacy as he can.

Darcy: Hello O’Malley. It’s nice to see you again, sweetie.

O’Malley stays there, shocked for a while. He’s at a loss for words and as Darcy tries to get closer, he jumps up from his chair and tries to get away from her.

O’Malley: I...I got nothin’ to say to ye, Darcy! Just..stay the hell away from me!

O’Malley pulls some money out of his pocket and slaps it down on the bar counter, nodding to Brady. He then rushes out of the pub, and Darcy just turns slowly and watches. But the smile never fades from her face.

Brady: Tryin’ to start trouble already, are ye, Darcy? Ye should know better by now.

Darcy: Trouble? Hardly, Brady. Fate has brought him back home, and I plan to take full advantage of it.

Darcy grins again as she turns to face Brady. He is just shaking his head as he wipes down the bar and Darcy finally disappears in the same direction O’Malley went.

Present Day
Saxon Hotel and Suites
O’Malley Speaks?!

Less than a week ago, Hot Stuff Mark Ward made the announcement that the remainder of the SCW Homecoming Tour was being cancelled due to the current emergency the world was facing. All SCW, SCU and GRIME staff would be sent back to Las Vegas and put up in a hotel for as long as needed to be near the three chosen locations where shows would take place going forward. And not just any hotel. Brooke Saxon’s family owned Saxon Hotel and Suites.

All superstars and Bombshells from SCW, SCU and GRIME are making the best of their current situation, and being isolated, for the most part, to their suites. While most would try and take occasional advantage of the amenities the hotel has to offer, O’Malley and Darcy have chosen to spend the day in their room. In bed as it seems.

O’Malley has his hands behind his head, leaning against the headboard of the king sized bed. He’s shirtless, and Darcy seems to be as well but she’s completely hidden under the sheet as she’s cuddled against him, running her hand over his chest. Across the room, O’Malley’s phone starts ringing and he growls as he puts his feet on the floor and quickly pulls on a pair of pants. Darcy looks around and finds her bathrobe as O’Malley looks at his phone. He turns it around and shows Darcy. Gabriel is trying to facetime him.

Darcy: Better answer that. Wouldn’t want to anger your mentor now would we.

O’Malley shrugs and walks back over to the bed. He answers it just as he sits down, starting the video chat with his friend and trainer, Gabriel.

O’Malley: Gabriel. What’s up, mate?

Gabriel looks into the phone, and raises an eyebrow as he spots Darcy behind a shirtless O’Malley.

Gabriel: Uhh, am I interrupting something? You didn’t have to answer!

Darcy: Relax, Gabriel. There was no interruption, I assure you.

Gabriel raises an eyebrow again.

Gabriel: Uh huh, sure.

O’Malley: Christ, would ye knock it off. What do ye need anyway?

Gabriel: Look, I just wanted to get something off my chest here. I understand you’re not the same person since you’ve been back, and I’m not about to tell ya who you can and can’t play bury the bone with…

Gabriel points to Darcy. She frowns, as does O’Malley, but Gabriel keeps speaking.

Gabriel: But neither of you have yet to fill me in on what exactly you’re doing in either SCU or SCW right now. Not to mention, it all keeps blowing up in your face, doesn’t it?

O’Malley is about to speak up, but Darcy clears her throat, so he lets her speak instead.

Darcy: If you’re talking about what happened a few weeks ago with the Blast From the Past match…

Gabriel: Not just that, but that’s part of it, yes.

O’Malley: Like Mercer didn’t have it coming anyway?

Darcy glares at him.

Darcy: Not the point, my love. Look, he knows he made a mistake, but he intends to make up for it. That is exactly why we had him accept Ben Jordan’s open challenge. Trust me, after Sunday, GO Gym will have yet another championship reign to its track record. And he’ll be even more successful…

Gabriel smirks.

Gabriel: Don’t let Fenris find out you said that. Darcy, look, I don’t know enough about ya, but this whole situation doesn’t seem to be giving O’Malley the best image. And if O’Malley doesn’t have the best image, then it also reflects poorly on this gym. No offense, but I don’t think he’s ready for this match against Ben.

O’Malley: Excuse me?! How can ye say that?! I am bloody ready, Gabriel, and I’m gonna prove it to ye! Just because I uppercutted Mercer’s balls up into his abdomen…

Gabriel sighs and shakes his head.

Gabriel: Just calm down would ya? I stand by what I said, but the challenge was already accepted and the match is made. I have full faith in your abilities, but maybe you should leave Darcy backstage for this one?

Darcy: Like hell he will! I’m his valet and I will NOT be staying backstage when he beats Ben Jordan!

Gabriel: Well, then just don’t do something stupid, because it seems like that seems to happen a lot lately. I’d love nothing more than to celebrate him finally winning some gold, and if you can stay out of it, he just might have a good chance.

O’Malley: I’m not gonna screw this one up, Gabriel. I’m going to make Ben Jordan regret issuing that open challenge. I promise you that.

Gabriel shrugs and lets out another sigh.

Gabriel: I’ll be paying close attention and hoping you do. Anyway, I’ll let the two of you get back to whatever you were doing. I’ll be talking to the both of ya soon.

O’Malley: Later, mate.

Darcy: Goodbye, Gabriel.

The screen then goes blank as the call ends. O’Malley puts his phone on the nightstand next to the bed, and stares forward, a slightly annoyed look on his face now.

Darcy: He doesn’t like me…

O’Malley: He barely knows ye. Don’t worry about it. I’ll prove to him that ye being out there won’t cause any problems.

Darcy smiles and wraps her arms around him. She leans forward and turns her head to look at him.

Darcy: The both of us will make sure you walk out as the new champion on Sunday, my love. And we’ll prove to everyone who the star pupil of the GO Gym really is.

Darcy then swings herself around to straddle herself in O’Malley’s lap. She keeps her arms wrapped around his neck and kisses him passionately as they collapse back into the bed.

The scene opens up in an undisclosed location. It can’t be far from the Saxon Hotel and Suites, given the fact that everyone is currently told to stay put until it’s time for Climax Control at the Staggs Dungeon. The area is dark and has an eerie feel to it, and as the lighting gets better, O’Malley and Darcy can be seen. O’Malley has his arms folded across his chest as Darcy stands beside him, as usual.

Darcy: Benjamin Jordan. The Saint of SCW. Your current World Heavyweight Champion and perhaps everyone’s favorite human being. Well, everyone except O’Malley and me. We don’t feel the need to love everything about Ben just because everyone else does. Isn’t that right, my love?

Darcy looks to O’Malley. Normally, he would remain expressionless, but this time the corner of his mouth actually turns up in a slight grin before Darcy continues speaking.

Darcy: You see, Ben always seems to make decisions solely because he wants people to think he can do no wrong. He always does the right thing and acts all high and mighty and respectable just so people continue to cheer for him and respect him. So humble. So kind. So...so...sickening. So much potential wasted just to pander to what people expect from him.

Darcy laughs and O’Malley just stares into the camera.

Darcy: He just wants to be friends with everyone and prove he’s the ultimate good guy. I imagine that would be the reason he issued this open challenge of his because he wants to prove he’s a fighting champion and that he won’t back down from a challenge. How foolish. Or maybe it just goes to show how cocky the “Cockney” King really is? This open challenge has nothing to do with being a fighting champion. It has everything to do with that ego he’s doing everything he can to keep hidden.

Darcy steps forward and O’Malley’s eyes follow her. His arks drop to his side and he stands frozen in place.

Darcy: Do all of you honestly believe he issued this challenge to give others who might not otherwise get a shot at the championship a fair chance? We certainly don’t. He did this because deep down, he knew the men who would accept the challenge right away. He knew that the weakest links would jump at the chance, and there would be no chance he’d lose the title to any of them. Adding one successful title defense after another, feeding that ego.

Darcy shakes her head then turns to face O’Malley.

Darcy: But O’Malley is not one of those men. O’Malley is not an easy win and he’s a true threat to Ben’s reign. I’m sure most would not agree, but tune into Climax Control on Sunday and find out just how serious a threat O’Malley is. He’s the star pupil from the GO Gym, and unlike a certain other GO Gym student, O’Malley will be able to get the job done and defeat Ben Jordan. Yes, I’m referring to a certain hot-headed Icelandic man.

Darcy chuckles, and O’Malley grins again as they look into the camera once again.

Darcy: How sweet will it be to be the one from the GO Gym to defeat Saint Ben Jordan, when the former MMA fighter couldn’t? True, Fenris is a former World Heavyweight Champion in his own right, but how long ago was that? And how many attempts has he had since then?

Darcy shrugs. O’Malley finally wipes the smirk off his face, returning to his blank expression.

Darcy: But enough about him. This is about O’Malley and his chance to finally achieve greatness. This is his chance to do what a certain woman from his past couldn’t even do. Ben Jordan simply isn’t untouchable. He’s not unbeatable, and O’Malley will make it known to the entire world on Sunday. And this waist?

She brings her hand to O’Malley’s waist, rubbing it gently.

Darcy: Will soon be home to the World Heavyweight Championship. And O’Malley will show the world what a true champion does.

Darcy looks back into the camera.

Darcy: Good luck, Benjamin. Give my regards to that...charming wife of yours.

She laughs and starts walking away moments later. The camera focuses in on O’Malley’s face, and for the first time in months, he actually speaks on camera!

O’Malley: See ye soon Benny Boy…

As Darcy’s shouting is heard moments later, O’Malley follows off to join her, let out an evil laugh as he does. The camera then fades to black!
>