Author Topic: R E S P E C T  (Read 426 times)

Offline TALLY

• View Profile
    • Tallyn Paxton
R E S P E C T
« on: March 20, 2020, 12:49:56 AM »
 <div style="width: 695px; margin: auto;">
MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2020.
SCENE ONE

<text align=right> <p align=”Right”>

11:20 A.M.
Tallyn collapses onto the couch in her hotel room and looks over at Theo, who seemed not too pleased with his sister’s antics. She lets out a dramatic sigh before looking over at her brother. He raises an eyebrow at her before shaking his head at her dramaticness.

THEO:  “Do you have a problem, Tallyn?”

Tallyn smirks before nodding her head at him.

TALLYN:  “Yes, I’ve been cooped up in this hotel room for too many days and I just can’t do it anymore.”

Theo sighs, almost as if he was suddenly regretting going with his sister on her overseas tour. They hadn’t expected to be cooped up in a hotel room due to the Coronavirus outbreak or COVID19, whichever term you preferred. So, they were growing quite bored with one another’s company and Tally had taken one too many bubble baths that even that was growing old.

THEO:  “I can’t do anything about that Tally. Facetime Tesla or Tatum.”

Tallyn sighs again, in a slightly over dramatic way before moving so she was sitting upside down on the couch with her legs over the back of the couch and her head dangling off the seat. Theo raises an eyebrow but shakes his head as he uses his laptop to type a paper for his now online courses for the foreseeable future. He was glad that he didn’t have to make up his classes or miss any of that nonsense.

TALLYN:  “No, they always try to get me to talk to Dad but I just can’t. Not yet. It’s still too fresh.”

Theo sighs and closes his laptop when he realizes that Tallyn wasn’t going to leave him alone. He turns to look at her and raises an eyebrow as she was still upside down. Tally wanted to be able to forgive her father but there was something stopping her from doing so. Maybe she couldn’t let go of the grudge. She looks at Theo and then moves to sit back up to really look at him.

THEO:  “Tally, Dad can’t help it. He will always have a soft spot for Athena, it is just who he is.”

Tallyn frowns before shaking her head at him.

TALLYN:  “No. I refuse to accept that. I refuse to accept that he’d much rather take the word of some whore instead of his daughter who has raised his children for most of her life. It’s not fair and I refuse to let him off the hook.”

Theo looks at her and then looks around their smallish two bed hotel room. They had been cooped up in the room for a while and they were both starting to grow irritable with one another.

THEO:  “He can’t help it, Tal! He’s always bent to her will. Tatum, Tesla, and I know who raised us and who was there for us! They wanted to move to Vegas with me when I left but I couldn’t just take them and I don’t think that Dad would allow that.”

Tallyn rolls her eyes at Theo’s words but instead of replying to him, she looks at her nails seemingly uninterested in the conversation.

THEO:  “They miss you, Tally. If you don’t want to forgive Dad, that’s fine but don’t let them fall through the cracks just because you’re still angry with our father. It isn’t their fault that he can’t let go of Athena.”

TALLYN:  “And you don’t think that I miss them too, Teddy!? I love them, they’re my girls and it kills me that they’re not with me but I can’t take them from Dad either! I’m just their sister and he refuses to sign guardianship over to me. And Athena won’t do it either! So, I’m kind of just stuck. So I’m sorry that I just can’t seem to get over it and forgive him, okay?”

She stands up and storms into the bathroom and slams the door shut, clearly upset. She leans back against the door and slowly slides down into a sitting position on the floor.  She couldn’t help but be upset with her father; he’d taken away the only thing she knew. She had given up so much for Theo, Tesla, and Tatum and he acted as if it didn’t even matter. And that hurt even more than him siding with Athena.

2:30 P.M.

Tallyn had fallen asleep on the bathroom floor and she stretches when she finally wakes up and stands up. She blinks a few times before realizing she had left Theo to his own devices. She walks out of the bathroom to see Theo still sitting on the couch and this time, he was working on his paper again.

TALLYN:  “I’m sorry I got mad at you, Teddy. I just...I don’t know how to deal with what our father did.”

She sits down on the couch and just offers him an apologetic smile as he types away on his laptop. He looks over at her and offers her a small smile.

THEO:  “It’s alright, Tally. I get it. I’m going to finish up this little bit I have left then I’m going to kick your butt in a game of UNO.”

Tallyn laughs and then scoffs at the idea of Theo beating her in such a game. She pushes her hair over her shoulder and pushes his shoulder in a playful, joking manner.

TALLYN:  “You wish, Teddy. I’m going to kick your butt in UNO. I’m the Queen of the game, and you know it!”

Theo laughs before shaking his head at his older sister. She sits there watching him type before she goes to scroll through her Twitter feed. She glances over at Theo every now and then before letting out a dramatic sigh every few moments.

THEO:  “Fine, fine. I’m done for the afternoon.”

He chuckled at his sister’s impatience before he grabs the UNO cards off of the coffee table in the hotel room.  She smiles at him and watches as he shuffles the cards to ensure that they were evenly mixed up.

TALLYN:  “About time. I’m ready to kick your butt!”

Tallyn watches Theo deal the cards out and she organizes hers by color and then wilds on the end. She watches Theo and then sees that a blue four was laid face up in the discard pile. She smirks at him before laying a skip and then a blue two.

TALLYN:  “I’m so going to win.”

4:30 P.M.

The coffee table in the hotel room that the two were sharing was now covered with junk food. There was popcorn, MMs, skittles, strawberry flavored Twizzlers, sour gummy worms, gummy bears, and chocolate covered peanuts. Theo was asleep on the floor in what appeared to be a sugar coma and Tallyn was browsing through the TV guide on the television.

TALLYN:  “Boring. Lame.  Saw that earlier. Repeat.”

She was growing even more tired of not being able to find anything interesting on the television. And there were only so many times that she could beat her brother at UNO before it became boring. She tosses the remote on the counter and lets out a frustrated sigh.

TALLYN:  “I really need a guy friend…”

She was talking to herself, she knew that Theo was asleep on the floor and she was pretty much left to her own devices. She tosses and turns on the couch before grabbing her cell phone and beginning to once again scroll through Twitter. She sighs when that too becomes repetitive and boring, so she tosses the device on the coffee table as well before she gets up and walks over to the bed and climbs onto it before standing up and starting to jump on it again, as if she was a child.

TALLYN:  “This could count as exercise…”

Again, communicating with herself wasn’t always the funnest thing to do but she didn’t want to bother Theo. She bounces a few times before falling onto her bottom and laying back against the pillows. She stares up at the ceiling and blows out a breath of air that she hadn’t known she was holding.

TALLYN:  “I don’t want to face Evie…”

She wasn’t ready to face one of her fellow people. Friends? She wasn’t sure that she could consider Evie a friend. But she respected the hell out of the woman and she wasn’t going to deny that Evie was talented in the ring, even if she had been reluctant to actually compete in the tournament. She wondered if Evie was being holed up in a room with Ben Jordan. It was an interesting thought to entertain in her head.

TALLYN:  “Lucky bitch.”

She hadn’t meant the term in a bad way but yet, it still spilled from her lips even though nobody could really hear her say it. She knew that Theo was dead to the world and could sleep through a hurricane.

TALLYN:  “And I don’t even know if Jack’s prepared for the hot mess that is Mark ‘the Dragon’ Cross. And pfft. Who even says their name like that? It’s as annoying as he is.”

Her words fell upon deaf ears and the walls of the hotel definitely wouldn’t talk. She props herself up to look down at her sleeping brother’s form before she lets her upper body fall against the bed again and she lets out a frustrated noise.

TALLYN:  “The coronavirus can go suck a dick for all I care. Limiting me in my life. The fuck it think it is?”

It was really only her first day on self isolation and wasn’t sure if she could handle many more days of it. At least not in England. Maybe she could have handled it in Vegas because she definitely could have explored the strip whether or not she could have gone inside. But she didn’t even know where the heck she was or where she could go here without being reprimanded about being out and not flattening the curve of the stupid virus that had made the World go mad.

TALLYN:  “I wonder if everybody else is as bored as I am…”

7:00 P.M.

Theo watches as Tally tosses a piece of spaghetti at the wall and he shakes his head as she tosses another noodle to see which one would fall first. The things she was doing to keep herself entertained was also slightly entertaining him as well.

TALLYN:  “I’m tired of living the quarantined life, Teddy. That virus should just fucking disappear just like Bobbie Dahl did a few weeks back.”

Theo laughs before taking a bite of his own pasta and then looking over at the spaghetti noodles that were still stuck to the wall. Tallyn just pushes her pasta around on her plate before sighing out audibly.

TALLYN:  “What the hell am I supposed to be doing with all this time!? I’ve gone on three runs today and four walks! I am growing bored of that and this hotel room is starting to feel smaller than it really is! When will the madness end, Teddy!? When!?”

She tosses her fork down and crosses her arms over her chest.

THEO:  “I don’t know, Tal. Maybe you should call Gabriel and get in a training session that way.”

Tallyn gives him a look before rolling her eyes at him.

TALLYN:  “Right, Teddy, because Gabriel can train me over the Goddamned phone!”

Tallyn huffs a little bit before leaning back against the couch a little more. Theo shakes his head once more at his sister before shoving a bite of his breadstick in his mouth. He chews slowly as Tallyn pouts a little bit before she takes a bite of her own pasta, finally deciding on not starving herself.

THEO:  “No, you’re right. He can’t train you in the physical sense. But he could help you with your promo that you’re going to have to do against Evie by the end of the week. He could maybe give you advice that you could work with. Not all training has to be physical, Tal.”

Tallyn gives Theo a skeptical look but eventually sighs, knowing that he was right. She should have known that all aspects of training didn’t have to be  physical.

TALLYN:  “You’re right….”

THEO:  “I know.”

He smiles at her as if he had just won the lottery by getting her to admit that he was right. She rolls her eyes at him before tossing a noodle at him.

TALLYN:  “I don’t even want to face Evie this weekend. I had kind of hoped that maybe we’d both make it to the finals and that was when we had to face one another. I don’t think that I’m ready to face a talent of her caliber.”

Theo listens to his sister and can hear the anxiety in her tone and watches as she picks at her food. He reaches over and pats her hand in a supportive, brotherly way.

THEO:  “You’re ready, Tally. You’ve been at Gabriel and Odette’s gym for over a year now. You had your first match almost two weeks ago and you won. This is just another block in the way to get you what you want. I know that you want to prove yourself to everybody and you will. But you can’t be scared to face Evie.”

Tallyn frowns a little bit but definitely understood where her brother was coming from. He did always have a more rational head than she did when it came to things. She alway got way too nervous and sometimes worked up about things that she didn’t have the power to change.

TALLYN:  “How come you’re so smart and calm? Why couldn’t I have gotten blessed with those qualities!?”

Theo smirks at his sister.

THEO:  “Because I clearly got all the good genes from our parents.”

Tallyn tosses a piece of her breadstick at him and shakes her head at him.

TALLYN:  “Or you’ve never had to deal with much stress because I was busy taking care of you. Jerk.”

Theo chuckles at his sister.

THEO:  “Seriously though, you’re ready to face Evie. Just because you didn’t want to face her until the end, doesn’t mean that you can change it now. You and Jack got booked against Evie and Mark for this Sunday, that’s not going to change. You can do your best to prepare for it and go into the match and give it your everything. That’s all you can do.”

Tallyn still had an uneasy look on her face as she pushes the pasta around on her plate. There was still something eating at her and Theo could see it on her face.

TALLYN:  “And what if I lose, Teddy?”

She looks up at him, the worry written in her eyes.

THEO:  “Then you lose.”

She just blinks at him, her mouth dropping open a little bit. She hadn’t expected him to say that at all.

THEO:  “Just because you might lose a match, shouldn’t stop you from going out there and giving it everything you got. And besides, I’m pretty sure they’ll be another match for you in SCW. Just because you might lose the tournament, doesn’t mean that you’ll be done with wrestling. You’ll just have to get what you want in a different route. That’s all.”

Tallyn smiles at him before grabbing her phone.

TALLYN:  “You’re the best little brother a girl could have.”

She stands up and ruffles his hair up as she goes to call Gabriel and talk strategy with him.
</text align=right> </p align=”Right”>

FRIDAY, MARCH 20, 2020
SCENE TWO.

<text align=right> <p align=”Right”>

It had been FOUR days of social “distancing” and while, she wasn’t sure what England’s current rules were about it, she’d gone ahead and made herself and Theo do the social distancing that the United States was doing to stop the spread of COVID19. But now, she had to talk about her match at Climax Control. Jack and herself were booked against Evie Jordan and her partner, Mark Cross. But since she was continuing to do the social distancing until Sunday, she had found an empty business meeting room and had her laptop to start a LIVE stream to SCW’s website. It was really the best that she could do, given the circumstances.

So, she sat at the table with the laptop open in front of her and she had the webcam on but had yet to start streaming. Her blonde hair was in dutch braided pigtails and there were a few pieces that had fallen out and were framing her face. She had on a simple white tank top and a pair of destroyed jeans, not that it mattered because all the camera could catch of her image was from the middle of her ribcage and up. She also was sporting a hospital mask that she had over her chin for her own special use. She clicks a few buttons and soon, she is starting to stream LIVE.

TALLYN:  “This is new…”

She smirks a little at the camera.

TALLYN:  “At least to me. I had big plans for this video until the Coronavirus decided to take the World and literally turn it upside down. People are being forced to stay at home and businesses are being forced to close. Or at least, that’s what the news has been saying. I haven’t left my hotel room that often. Only for a walk or a run and that’s it. Otherwise, I’ve been doing my part in this whole ‘social distancing’ bullshit.”

She rolls her eyes as she fiddles with the mask.

TALLYN:  “See, I even have a mask to make sure that the virus doesn’t get me through the webcam.”

She winks at the camera before leaning back in her chair.

TALLYN:  “I was looking forward to doing all sorts of things to promote my upcoming tag team match with Jack Washington against Evie Jordan and Mark Cross. Meet and Greets, press conferences, and all that. But this virus has taken the World by storm and people are losing their Goddamned minds. I only hope that Evie isn’t cooped up with Mark...because Mark’s life would more than likely be in jeopardy.”

Tallyn smirks again before fiddling a little more with the mask.

TALLYN:  “How does this virus affect SCW and its matches?”

Tallyn shrugs her shoulders.

TALLYN:  “Maybe I’m the only one, but it’s changed how I’ve had to prepare for my match against Evie and Mark. I haven’t met with Jack because of that stupid, fucking virus and it’s not very convenient for either of us. But I guess we don’t have much of a choice. Because the virus is beyond our control, much like this match is.”

She makes a disgruntled noise before leaning forward and placing her arms on the edge of the table, one on top of the other.

TALLYN:  “I never wanted this match to be this early on in the Blast From the Past tournament. I wanted both Evie and I to make it to the finals and then face one another. But as it has happened, we don’t seem to get a choice in the matter. One of us will be done in the tournament after Sunday…”

She makes a slightly annoyed face.

TALLYN:  “And while I respect the hell out of Evie, I really hope it is her and Mark. Because I still have a lot to prove as a rookie…”

She pushes the few pieces of her hair that had fallen in her face behind her ears.

TALLYN:  “Evie, while I respect the entire ground you work on since we come from the same origin of training, I can’t help but to think that maybe you don’t want this. Of course, I want to see you smash Christina or whatever name she is going by now’s face into the canvas but I even more so want to do it myself.”

She smiles at the thought of being able to do it herself.

TALLYN:  “I may be new to the scene and to SCW but I’ve done my homework; I’ve watched old tapes and looked at old promos, trying to get a feel of some of the people I’d get to work with and against. And you know what?”

She tilts her head to the side as she looks at the webcam. The image was slightly grainy and she had chosen a black and white lense instead of color, giving it that old time feel.

TALLYN:  “Christina changes her name just as much as Evie changes her mind about things. And that’s not a dig at Evie, it’s just something I’ve noticed when I went through the tapes.”

She doesn’t seem to hold any emotion in her face as she looks at the camera, trying to sit still and not fidget in her seat.

TALLYN:  “You want to be champion or you don’t. You want to do this or you don’t. And just recently, you didn’t want to be a part of this tournament. You had even almost refused to show up for the tournament. I mean, I get it. When your partner is as annoying as Mark Cross, I might understand it. The man can’t keep coffee in a cup to save his life and is constantly bothering Hot Stuff Mark Ward’s personal assistant, Mikah. So maybe I do understand your unwillingness to not want to take part of this tournament…”

She holds a smile on her face.

TALLYN:  “But I also see that you want to be back on top of the division, Evie. Because isn’t that what every Bombshell that is signed to SCW wants? To obtain the gold that Christina currently has in her possession. It is the top prize that a Bombshell can obtain. It is the main attraction and I have never wanted something more than I want that gold.”

She tries not to have that hungry look in her eyes as she didn’t want to appear to be desperate for a win.

TALLYN:  “I’ve never had something in my life to be proud of. I’ve never had somebody in my life be proud of me for the things that I’ve accomplished and Evie, you have that with Ben Jordan. But I’m not going to pick your marriage apart or your personal life; that’s not what we’re here for and I have a lot of respect for you to do that to you. Plus, if you and Ben Jordan aren’t couple goals, than I don’t know what is.”

She winks at the camera. She was finding it hard to find something bad to say about Evie. While her nature sometimes seemed harsh, Tallyn really couldn’t find anything negative about Evie. Sure, sometimes she had a bad attitude but Tallyn exactly knew that her own attitude wasn’t always that great.

TALLYN:  “And your in ring work is superb, so I can’t really complain that I’m stepping into the ring with somebody who doesn’t know what they’re doing because you do know what you’re doing. You are one of the greats in the ring and stepping into it against you is something I’m honored to be doing on Sunday.”

Tallyn smiles at the webcam again.

TALLYN:  “I mean stepping in the ring with you is definitely a step up from getting into the ring with that thing that I had to face two weeks ago on Climax Control.”

She visibly shudders at the vague thought of facing Bobbie Dahl.

TALLYN:  “I know, I know...I’m new to the company and I shouldn’t be dogging a person that has been here longer than I am but come on, that thing whines and bitches more than Jessie Salco does. It’s annoying but an-y-ways, I don’t have to focus on her this week.”

She takes a moment to think and get herself back on track.

TALLYN:  “You and Mark Cross might be an unstoppable team, Evie. And I commend you for working with somebody like Cross, who appears to be everything he says he is. Is he good in the ring? It appears so. But do I have complete and utter trust in Jack? Yes. I believe that Jack can handle his own when it comes to stepping into the ring against Mark Cross.”

She smiles at the camera again.

TALLYN:  “Just like I believe that I can handle myself when it comes to stepping into the ring with you, Evie. I’ve been preparing myself mentally for this moment as I knew that eventually it would have to happen because even if it hadn’t been booked for Sunday, we eventually would have found ourselves booked against each other and the inevitable would happen. Two of Gabriel and Odette’s students would find themselves in a ring, squaring off against one another.”

She pauses for a second before continuing on.

TALLYN:  “And while I’m sure that some imbeciles will be waiting to see exactly what happens between us when we do face off and see who is better, I’m going to make them see that I have been working my ass off to be the best that I can be in the ring. I never take anything lightly and I know what this tournament has at stake for me. I also can’t be naive and forget that you’ve won this tournament before. And I know that you were reluctant to take part in this tournament this year but I also know that you’re smart.”

She taps her index finger to her temple two times.

TALLYN:  “And I know that you know what a shot at the Bombshell Championship means. It will restart your career and boost you back into the scene where you thrive and are always at your best. I loved watching the Climax Controls where you were the Bombshell Champion, Evie. The way you held yourself and the way you were as a champion should definitely be something to be marveled at. And should definitely be studied because you were a class act as a champion whether people liked your or didn’t like you, it didn’t matter because they respected you and that’s what I want…”

Tallyn takes a deep breath.

TALLYN:  “I really, really don’t care if people like me or not but I want them to respect me as a person and as a competitor. I want to be the person they look up to and say that she was great to step into the ring with. I don’t want to be the one where people mock and make fun of, nah uh. I want to be the best version of myself that I can be. And well, if I have to beat you to do it, I will.”

She shrugs her shoulders.

TALLYN:  “Although, during this COVID19 bullshit, we’re not supposed to be within six feet of one another, so how the hell are we going to put on one hell of a match?”

She smirks and winks at the camera. If one can’t have a little humor in the dark times of this time period, what else can they have? They already can’t have social gatherings.

TALLYN:  “I’m kidding, so don’t send the police after me for making a poorly timed joke.”

She sticks her tongue out at the camera before leaning in just a little bit. She hadn’t planned to do her promo this way but she wanted to flatten the curve to this stupid outbreak and staying in was the only option. She felt fine but she knew that it didn’t take much to become infected with the virus and while she’d recover easily from it, there were people that wouldn’t. People much worse off than she was.

TALLYN:  “Sunday is fast approaching us, Evie. And I already know that you’re prepared to step into that ring against me and give me everything that you’ve got. And while I’m ready for it, a part of me is just as not ready for it. Because you’re definitely better than I am and I already know what people will say if I beat you. They’ll say it is a fluke win and that I got lucky. Or if Jack is the one to achieve the win for our team, they will put all of the success on his behalf.”

She simply shrugs her shoulders.

TALLYN:  “And Jack’s a great partner and has done everything he can to keep his end of the bargain up and I don’t have to worry about him going off on a parade through the hallways of the arena to keep himself entertained. I know that he’s serious about this because he knows what a championship shot means. And I know what it means for me and for my career.”

She takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out. She could feel that she was nervous and she was trying to push the nerves away, wanting to appear more confident than she felt. She knew how respected Evie was backstage and at Gabriel and Odette’s training center. She knew how much she respected her opponent and only wanted to prove that she could hack in the ring against her.

TALLYN:  “Sunday’s going to be here soon, Evie. And this social distancing bullshit is going to be put on pause and we’re going to have to step into the ring against one another. Everything is going to come to a head and we’re both going to see what the other is made of and I hope…”

She pauses to crack a hopeful smile at the camera.

TALLYN:  “That at the end of the match, no matter who wins, we can shake one another’s hands. Because we will have given our everything and relied on our sheer talent.”

She smiles again, showing nothing but respect. She really didn’t have anything bad to say about Evie. She winks again before putting the mask back over her mouth and nose and shuts her laptop.