Author Topic: Knocking down doors  (Read 440 times)

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
Knocking down doors
« on: January 31, 2020, 02:31:47 AM »
 \'user

It’s a quarter past noon as Violet is standing inside the Disney Store as the rain falls. Violet had been walking through Disney Springs since Climax Control was being held in Orlando. She slowly looks at the many different styles of shirts as she contemplates what she will be facing on Sunday.

“I love how this shirt looks,” she says while eyeing a Minnie Mouse baseball style tee. Her baby sister Shelby is standing next to her as she looks at the same shirt. “That’s a gorgeous shirt Vi,” adds Shelby. Violet continues to look through the different shirts. The two sisters quietly talk about different emotions they have been experiencing. Shelby had just competed in her hometown of Bell, Florida for the Underground brand. Violet was proud of her sister and knew that she would be in Orlando. “How did it feel to be back in Bell?” she asks as Shelby shrugs her shoulders.

“It was amazing but I didn’t see you in the crowd,” she answers as Violet places a hand on her shoulder. “I’m sorry dear but I had to book the hotel room. Not to mention, daddy had me do a few promotional things for Birdcage Wrestling,” replies Violet. Shelby knew that when their dad asked for help that it meant extra exposure. They continue to walk through the Disney store as Violet stops to look at the rack of key chains. “Lets see if I can find my name,” she says while scanning and searching through them. “My name must be peculiar,” she jokes as Shelby giggles under her breath. They continue to look through the key chains as Ivory Sullivan comes walking into the store. Her hair is dripping water all over the floor when Shelby turns her head to look at her. “What the heck Ivory?” She questions. “No one told me the bottom fell out of the sky,” she responds while squeezing more water out of her hair. Violet is trying very hard to hold back laughter as Ivory eyes her. “I’m sorry Ivy but you are the one who looks like drowned rat,” she says with a smile.

“Very funny,” she replies in a sarcastic tone. Violet shakes her head while leaving the two friends to chat. She stands at the door and watches the rain fall. Tiny little raindrops fall onto the sidewalk as Ivory walks up to next to her. “You ready for Sunday,” she inquires as Violet lifts one eyebrow.

“I don’t know Ivy,” she replies while keeping her eyes focused on the puddles forming in front of them.

> How does one tell someone they are ready for an opportunity of this magnitude? On one hand, I’m questioning why me but then I get to thinking about my father. The look on his face when I told him about my chance of becoming a champion makes me feel like I can do this. Then I look back at my first match for SCW and start questioning myself again. I don’t know if I deserve this kind of opportunity but I will make the most of it.

As Violet is still lost in her own thoughts, Shelby has finally joined her side and begins waving a hand in front of her face. “Earth to Violet,” she says while starting to snap her fingers. Violet shakes her head as she looks back at her sister. “What?” She implores. “You had zoned out again,” replies Shelby as Violet can feel her cheeks getting red. “I’m sorry,” is all she could say. Shelby pats her sister on the back as they notice the rain had stopped.

“You guys hungry,” wonders Ivory as Violet’s stomach slowly starts to grumble. “I think that’s a yes,” laughs Shelby as Violet places her hands on her stomach. “I’m sorry,” she says sheepishly. The trio of ladies walk out of the Disney store with nothing in their hands except their purses and head towards Blaze pizza. “What were you thinking about anyway Vi?” asks Shelby.

Violet takes a minute to think about the question as Ivory lightly smacks Shelby on the arm. “What is wrong with you? She doesn’t have to share if she doesn’t want to,” states Ivory as Shelby runs her hand over her arm. “It’s fine Ivy,” retorts Violet. “I’m just thinking about Sunday,” she finally says as Shelby and Ivory both nod their heads together. “That makes sense,” says Ivory. “Why are you thinking about it so much? You are a freaking Holt for crying out loud,” responds Shelby. Violet stares at her sister as Ivory has no words.

> Ever since I tapped out in my last outing, I haven’t found my confidence. I know there is no shame in fighting another day but it was a stupid sleeper hold. I should have been able to counter it but I just couldn’t figure Bea Barnhart out. Now I’m supposed to figure out a game plan against one of the most underrated competitors in the bombshell locker room. Sierra Williams is a very talented female who probably could wipe the floor with me without breaking a sweat. Sure we come from similar backgrounds like a wrestling family but that’s the only similarity.

“Violet,” Shelby calls out as she snaps back into reality. “Dang, this match is really getting to me,” Violet admits. They each order separate pizza pies and get drinks from the soda fountain. They finally sit down at one of the tables outside as Shelby looks at her big sister. “Why are you buggin Vi?” Shelby asks as Violet plays with her purse. “I know that loss to Bea threw you off but come off it already,” adds Shelby. “I can’t help it. I just don’t have any confidence,” sighs Violet. “I know for a fact Mark Ward and Christian wouldn’t have placed you in a title qualifying match if they weren’t impressed. You proved how tough you were against that bimbo. She couldn’t pin you so she went the submission route. That showed them you were someone to watch,” Shelby says as Violet looks at her sister.

Violet sits back while looking at her drink cup. She thinks for a minute before lifting her eyes back up. “I never thought of it like that,” remarks Violet. “I was so caught up on my own failures that I didn’t realize how much I impressed everyone,” she adds. “What are you doing?” asks Ivory as she stares at Violet. “Talking about my match,” she answers as Ivory shakes her head. “Not like this Violet,” she torts as Ivory holds her phone up and opens the camera app. She moves it to video as looks over it at Violet. “Alright....go,” she says while pressing the record button.

The time begins as Violet clears her throat.

”The mind is a tricky piece of equipment we have inside of our bodies. It can be helpful but it can also be hurtful. Take this week for example, my mind has been telling me that I’m not good enough to be in this kind of match. My mind is telling me that I need to back out before I embarrass myself again. I almost gave into my mind until my baby sister said the one thing that makes perfect sense,”

Violet pauses for a minute to take a sip of her drink.

”You see I am a freaking Holt and we never run from a fight. It doesn’t matter if we win or lose. It matters if we put everything into that match. This match is no different. I know Sierra Williams is going to try and play the experience card. That’s fine because I will prove that experience is just a number we say to intimidate others. I’ve seen what you can do in the ring. When you are focused, then you are hard to beat. However, you haven’t been focused. It’s evident by your loss to Kate Steele. How long are you going cry about that loss? The fact you are crying about who is challenging for the World Bombshell championship is proof of why you haven’t had the success you want to achieve.

If you think this is just going to be a cakewalk of a match then you might want to hold onto that Taco Bell uniform. Because if you aren’t completely focused on me then I will hurt you. There is a reason I am Five Feet of Crazy. I don’t give up. Bea found that out the hard way. My passion for this business can’t be measured by years. My love for this sport can’t be matched. I’m not taking you lightly. I know you are a tough chica but I’m not going to back down. I will come at you full force. My focus will be solely on you. My baby sister will be ringside to make sure nothing happens but I will not let that shake me.

I don’t know the outcome. I do know that what I showed in my debut was only the beginning. So come ready for a fight because I’m bringing one right to your door. Just know I’m going to knock that door down and walk right through you,”
Violet says as Ivory stops recording.

“Sorry but my pizza is ready,” she says as the Holt sisters just laugh.