Author Topic: Ben Jordan Vs Kedron Williams  (Read 1482 times)

Offline SCW Staff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ben Jordan Vs Kedron Williams
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:49:58 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match in this thread.

Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 word limit.

Good luck!

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 09:20:25 AM »
 Ben, if you want this to work, I need something from you... Need something from me, pretty common phrase to me, but those words coming from the mouth of Rinoa Williams in a private conversation a while ago. I won't lie, I rolled my eyes, and thought I was gonna get sent on a wild goose chase, but she said she needed it from Greece. Thought sod it, if I can't find it, I can at least get Evie away for a bit. Woman loved to travel, so I thought why not. I explained everything to Evie, and she wasn't best pleased to know we was going there for a box, a box that could have had anything in, but she was pleased that we could have ten days in the sun before looking for this thing. Well, I got it, time to hand it over.

I waited till late on the night on day one of the cruise, not long after the ship had set sail. There was method in my madness. People had tickets for Supernova II, their eyes would be distracted watching the SCU talent and it had some big matches. This way, I could get this thing done and dusted and not have something in the box that could potentially get me in trouble. Besides, I had to do it when Kedron would not be lurking. Witches do sleep, ya know and Rinoa was pretty good at using her own kinda magic to stop Kedron knowing when she was around me.

I waited patiently at the far end of the ship, far from where Supernova II was taking place, but I could still hear the noise in the distance. Ten minutes passed holding that box till Rinoa made her entrance.

"Did you find it?" She asked eagerly as she stepped from the shadows behind me.

"I did." I replied turning on my heels to look at the gothically dressed woman.

I reach my hands out, holding old the small wooden box, covered in what looks like magical warding's.

"I hope it didn't cause you too much trouble to retrieve it." Rinoa says as she takes the box from my hand.

Too much trouble? Too much trouble, you're having a laugh love. This is what happened.

Greece last week.

There was a reason you never heard from me last week talking about my match and this was the exact reason.

"Ben, do you have any idea where we are?" Evie's voice can be heard saying.

The scene was dark, night time somewhere in Greece and the wind howled around Evie and I as my eyes was squinted towards a map, not a glossy map, this was a hand drawn map by the fair hand of Rinoa, handed to me along with another item I would need for this question. Torches rested in both Evie and I's hand, a powerful white beam from each lighting the way. My eyes bop between the map and the area around, my finger pointing at a river in front.

"That must be the river on the map." I say proudly as I look at Evie.

"That's a squiggle of blue on the map." Evie replies to me. "Knowing that witch, that could be a fucking serpent about to bite your head off."

"I don't see a serpent." I tell Evie with a smile. "I do see a river though."

I quickly take Evie by the arm and move towards the river but Evie stops short, stopping me in my tracks at the edge of a cliff.

"I might be wrong Ben, but I get this gut feeling I know that river." She says as she looks at me. "I think that's the River Styx."

I couldn't help but smile on the inside as I looked at her.

"Babe, that's a myth." I say, still trying to keep a straight face.

"You know a lot of Greek mythology is actually true, right?" She tells me with a confident look on her face. "Everything comes from somewhere."

"Probably comes from some bloke in a boozer." I jokingly say. "But I am dealing with people who believe in this stuff. Either way, if this is the squiggle on the map, need to look for a pathway down the cliff opposite a T."

Hearing that, Evie taps me on the shoulder, pointing towards the water where a rock formation just peering out from the river in the shape of a T can barely be seen.

"Good spot." I say impressed. "Now let's hope we're on the right side of the river or we're in the underworld or something."

Flashing the torch around in my hand, my eyes look for a nearby path. A smile passes over my face as I spot a ledge, just what we're looking for as a wave the torch up and down, catching Evie's attention. Evie nods towards me, no words needed as we carefully made out way towards the ledge.

"What are we even looking for?" She asked me softly.

I wave my torch around, looking for something, before finally resting on a symbol, the crest of Kedron Williams, carved in to the rock face.

"That." I tell her.

"Now what?" She replies with genuine confusion.

I reach in to my pocket, reaching out a vile of something thick and red and hold it up to Evie.

"I got this along with the map from Rinoa." I explain to Evie.

"That looks a shit ton like blood Ben." Evie says to me on closer inspection. "And trust me Ben, I know what blood looks like when I see it."

This is not a time for me to feel sick, standing on a ledge on a cliff, but damn it, I felt really sick, took a lot for me not to spray the rock face with a whole host of me, but I remember Rinoa's instructions. Pour it on the symbol and wait. I did as instructed. I opened the screw cap on the top with a queasy feeling in my stomach and poured it over the crest. I couldn't believe what I was seeing as the rock face below me faded away and in a small whole sat a wooden box. I didn't know how long the wall was gonna stay that way so I reached in and I grabbed that box, but something got my attention.

"Can you hear that?" I asked Evie. "It's like a faint thump."

Curiosity got the best of me as I put my hear next to the box, and there it went again, thump! Thump! Thump!

"Holy shit!" I yelled as I instinctively threw the box over my shoulder.

"Thank God Evie had the state of mind, the reflexes and the balance to swing her body around and catch it with one hand, or you'd have been screwed" I tell Rinoa as the scene cuts back to modern times.

Rinoa had listened to my story with interest, occasionally nodding her head.

"Your wife was correct." She said finally, her silence broken after patiently listening to my tale. "It was the River Styx."

"Well, you got what you want now." I say with relief that this was done. "I hope whatever is in that box helps your cause or makes your potion or whatever it is I need to do to get his soul back."

I take a few steps away from Rinoa, but once again, curiosity gets the better of me, forcing me to turn back.

"Two things though..." I say. "What was in that tube? Because the missus thinks it was blood, and what's in the box?"

"Do you really wanna know?" Rinoa asks me without changing her tone....

I guess you guys really wanna know too, huh? Better watch Kedron's promo for that one.

My schedule is a little less than most, thanks to recovering from a serious illness and the staff being cautious with me, so I spend a lot of time with my wife. You'd think that would get tiresome but it never did. Even the simple things with Evie were bright sparks. This cruise ship was a chance to do that.

I looked across at her, dressed in just a white robe, watching as someone give my wife a pedicure. I couldn't mock her, I too was dressed in a matching white rope but the thought of a stranger touching my feet just didn't do it for me. Even with ankle injuries, I wasn't a fan of doctors groping my feet. My eyes fell on her relaxed look, a smile instinctively breaking over my face.

"You look like the cat that's got the cream." She says as she turns her head to the left to stare in to my eyes.

I'd been that cat since the day I met her, but little things still made me smile. Nothing was ever routine with my wife, every day I would find something new to look at her and smile about. Seeing her on the Summer XXXTreme VII cruise at a spa was something new for me to smile about. I didn't go to the spa with her when we was on dry land, just wasn't something I'd do. She'd go to the spa, I'd go to the bar, watch a game or something. As much as she tried to be interested in Football... Real football, not the American kind, she often found herself drifting off in the second half, and me at a spa had the same effect but we couldn't turn down the couples package on the ship.

"I am." I told her with a wider grin. "I got some peaceful relaxing time with you. I dunno if you noticed but I'm pretty popular on this ship thingy."

She didn't need reminding of that, it's been pretty standard for me to get mobbed on these things. I think I've broke the record for the amount of selfies taken already on this boat.

"I worked that one out with all those screaming fan girls." She says with a slight sarcasm in her Australian accent. "Oh Ben, Ben, please let me have a picture with you, I'll die if I don't."

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at Evie's mocking tone. I know she only meant that fifty percent but knew she could be protective of me. She knew I wouldn't screw around on her at all, she's been sceptical through this whole Rinoa and Kedron thing, but trusted me enough to get on with it and sort things out.

"What can I say babe?" I quickly shoot back with a smile to match. "Every teenage girls dream. It's the smile."

I look Evie directly in the eye, flashing off the aforementioned smile towards her. I knew even when she was mad at me, she would melt just a little with that smile. I picked up a thing or two from her about body language and could see she was about to smile back at me, even though she was fighting it hard. Thankfully, a lucky break happened as a massage therapist walked in to the room.

"Mr and Mrs Jordan, your room is ready." The young blonde woman says, her eyes darting between us.

Both my wife and I stand on our feet and let the woman lead us towards a side room.

"Please lay on the tables and someone will be with you shortly." She instructs us.

We did as we were told, I chose the table to the right while Evie took the left hand one, the white robes hitting the floor at the same time. I look across at her.

"Don't you miss this?" I ask her in a soft tone.

"Getting a massage?" Her confused tone came back across the room at me.

"Nah, the thrill of getting ready for a big match." I reply quickly. "You know, the excitement, the anticipation, knowing you gotta go out there and sell the match, get the fans to feel something before stepping in to that ring against an enemy and walking away feeling like you've done something special?"

I looked at her as a frown slowly crept over her face, her eyes looking back at him.

"Have you been drinking?" She asks me in a mockingly tone.

"Not yet." I tell her "There's always later for that, but I know you. You're a competitor, not a house wife. You love the thrill of getting your hands dirty and proving you're better at something than someone else. Me, I'm a lazy git, we know this, I could happily sit by the lake all day long and think nothing of it, but you like getting ya hands dirty."

A honest look passes over her flawless skin as she stares back in to my eyes.

"Miss it..." She questions herself. "Sometimes, but I'm starting to enjoy the quieter life and watching my man get in the ring and mix it up. I don't need to be in SCW, I've done what I've wanted to in wrestling, I've been the top champion, there's not a lot more I need to do. Besides, the second I put those boots on again, Crystal will be calling my name again and I don't wanna deal with her shit."

"I'm starting to feel the same." I admitted to her. "Kinda running out of things to do there. I mean I know I got Fenris calling on me to take him up on a match, but there's two ways that goes. He kicks my head off in to the middle of next year, or I somehow manage to beat him and people open their eyes and all of a sudden, I'm in the spotlight and people are looking at me to step up against Austin James Mercer or Senor Vinnie."

"And why shouldn't you be?" She responded with more than an air of seriousness about her. "You've been here for years, had one title shot against J2H, who was clearly the best World Champion SCW has ever seen, one shot in all those years and you've watched people show up and jump ahead of you, talking about how they deserve to be at the top when they haven't put the work in."

I knew in my heart this was a situation I always wanted to avoid. I was the man in ACW, I won everything, held titles for a year at a time, I was unstoppable, I was unbeatable and when ACW closed it's doors and merged with SCW, I became a little fish in a big pond. You could say I was popular, that I was looked at as a possible World champion, but out of the people I came in with, I bombed massively. I looked up at the people fighting for that championship and I just didn't want it. I was newish to wrestling then, and these guys have busted their arses for a long time to even be there. I was coming in with the hype of being the best ACW had and I beat all in SCW put in front of me, but something didn't click for me when it came to looking at that top title. I became a tag team wrestler and I was ok with that. The top gold just never sung out for me. Maybe it was because it was a time where everyone and their dog was demanding title shots and I didn't wanna be like them. I didn't like those people, I didn't wanna be them.

"I think I missed my chance at the whole World Title scene." I admit to her honestly. "If it was gonna happen, it would have happened by now. Talent you got in here like Fenris, Austin James Mercer, Senor Vinnie, I can't keep up with them anymore babe. I need to just get myself involved in things below that level and be the best at that rather than try and break in to somewhere I don't belong and make a complete tit of myself."

I looked at Evie grit her teeth at the thought of me being anywhere less than as good as the people I mentioned. She had more faith in me than I had in most things at times.

"I think you're selling yourself short." She tells me with a tinge of disappointment in her tone.

Hated hearing that tinge of disappointment, but to me, these guys were super heroes of wrestling and I was more the guy in the jumped up suit that always loses in the end.

"Austin, Fenris, Vinnie." I say while looking in her eyes. "These are a breed of people I'm not up there with. These are people who are superhuman and I'm just not there with them at the moment. I need to deal with Kedron first, and he might have picked up some decent wins this cycle if I didn't mess with him, he'll be more in their thoughts than I will be, then you got Jake Raab and Ty West, winner putting themselves in line next. Fact is Eves, I'm at the back of a very long line here and it's getting longer. I'm just a solid hand who can fill cards from time to time, ain't worth worrying about things I can't get hold of."

I was if nothing else, a realist. I coulda got a shot a long time ago, but I've been overlooked for a lot of people. I like Jake, and Ty, but should they have the chance of getting ahead of me when I rarely lose? Maybe this is what has soured me on the thought, the fact that I spend a lot of time getting overlooked, it just isn't worth it to me. Maybe it's now a confidence thing.

"You know you haven't lost a lot in your SCW career." Evie tells me with a serious look. "You don't lose many matches and they will open their eyes soon enough, especially when you beat Kedron and end this shit."

"Maybe babe." I say trying to fill my voice with more confidence then I have. "We'll see."

That set the wheels turning in my head as the massage therapists walked in to the room. Could one day I find the inner confidence to be a World Champion... Doubtful.

"You got this..." Evie whispers in my ear.

The moon shines down on the deck of the ship as a crowd gathers below one of the decks. Another familiar voice can be heard.

"Ladies and gentlemen." The voice of Justin Decent can be heard saying. "Please welcome Mr. Ben Jordan!"

"Blame it on the Boom Boom" echoes around the outside of the ship and I look at Evie standing next to me and move forward, Evie hanging towards the back of the ship behind me. I quickly move to the front and look down, looking at people as far as the eye can see. Nerves run through my body as I lift my hand to the crowd, each person there to see me talk about Summer XXXTreme VII. Justin looks at me, handing me the microphone from his hand.

"That was nerve wracking just introducing you." He says softly in my ear. "So good luck."

"No pressure then." I reply with a smile, away from the microphone.

I move to the front of the deck overlooking the people looking in my direction as the music stops.

"So this is what it feels like for a rockstar to be looking out at the crowd." I say with a smile. "Anyway, alright people!"

The crowd cheer in response, the sheer noise taking me back slightly.

"Blimey that was loud." I say off the microphone, looking back at Evie.

Evie points to her ear, showing me that she is struggling to hear and I turn back to the crowd.

"First off, I wanna thank you all for coming out here and listen to me have a chat and for spending your cash to come here, spend a week with us and have a good time." I say with a sincere nod. "Without you guys, SCW wouldn't be here so on behalf of myself, the staff, the locker room, the guys you don't see on camera too, thank you."

I bow my head in a nod to a polite cheer. An SCW chant starts to ripple through the crown and I take a few seconds to let that pass.

"This event actually means more to be than you know." I tell the crowd. "See I took a little bit of time out a while ago, not long after I moved to SCW, I needed to re-adjust to a lot of things. I was a Cockney boy up there in Canada, before moving to Las Vegas and I burned out pretty damn quick, within about a year, because the week after Summer XXXTreme II, I was facing Casey Williams for the ACW World title on their last ever show, which I won. The next few months was a bit overwhelming for me and I took a little time away to sort things out, but I returned at this very event, at Summer XXXTreme III, introduced by Drake Green, where I signed a contract to return as a SCW star. We won't talk about Travis Nathaniel Andrews cheap shot after I signed that contract but that's when I started adjusting to SCW life, at Summer XXXTreme III."

I hold up three fingers to the crowd.

"Fast forward one year." I tell the crowd with a smile. "Probably the rivalry you remember me for more than anything, came to a head at Summer XXXTreme IV... Team BJ Vs The Members of The Elders. Jon Dough and Eyesnsane, yep that guy who appeared at Supernova II the other night, remember that rivalry?"

The crowd cheer as I nod and smile.

"One of the best tag team rivalries in the history of SCW, but Jamie Dean and I defended those Tag Team championships that night against our biggest rivals." I say proudly. "In a match I was proud to be a part of. Summer XXXTreme V, I was still teaming with Jamie, I was still a tag team champion, but that was a match too far because Jamie and I lost the belts that night to The Bad Boys, which reminds me, Mickey, you drunk Paddy git, welcome back!"

I wait as a Welcome Back Mickey chant starts.

"Me and Mickey have been friends since we was kids." I tell the crowd. "Our careers might have taken different paths, and maybe we don't talk as much as we used to, but we're brothers at the end of the day, brothers fight and Summer XXXTreme V proved that, and I was happy to share the ring with a friend I've known for more years than I care to admit, and with a friend who always had my back, regardless of what went down in the past. That made that night special for me."

I look around the crowd, looking at the eagerness on their faces, waiting for my next words.

"And last year, wow!" I say with a wide smile. "Me, the old frenemy in Jon Dough, Roulette championship on the line, Lions Den match and I because a freaking champion!"

The crowd cheer loudly as I clench my fist and punch the air.

"I became Roulette champion." I say proudly. "You look at those Summer XXXTreme events, I return with an intro from the legend that is Drake Green, I am involved in championship matches against friends, I seriously love this event, I love being around you lot and I feel that I do some of my best work out on the open ocean. Everything I do at these events means something to me, I've never been thrown in a random match, everything has meant something and the match coming up for me on Sunday at Summer XXXTreme VII means something too."

I decide to take a more serious approach as I continue.

"For almost the last seven months of my life, it has been haunted." I tell the crowd. "Haunted by one man, my life has revolved around that person more than I wanna say, but Kedron Williams has turned me from good old fun loving Ben, to Ben with a dark side. It was a Ben that no one liked to see. I mean you look at the last few weeks, the distractions I've played with Kedron, just to get him to lose a match or two, I've done things I would never usually do to an opponent, but you know what...?"

I take a deep breath as I look around the crowd.

"Good!" I say loudly. "I'm glad I can get in to his head and cost him these things."

The crowd unsurprisingly cheer at my comment.

"See, I've had enough of Kedron Williams haunting me." I tell the crowd seriously. "I'm sick of him messing with me and although I don't have the power to do it from a distance, or that much of a coward to do it from a distance, I will do things in my own way and after all those months of dealing with him, enough was enough and I wanted to get up close and cost him everything. You can have all the magic in the world but if someone punches you square in that mush of yours, you're gonna feel it and Kedron, you white eyed son of a witch, you felt it and you know I'm about and serious. There is gonna be no ifs, buts or ands, it's gonna be a time to end it. I'm tired of the games and I got a pretty good record at Summer XXXTreme shows and I'm gonna add to that one on Sunday night in front of all you good people."

I point around the crowd.

"See, this one is for all of you." I say as I look quickly at my watch. "This one is for each and every one of you that have ever felt victimized, this one is for each and every one of you that likes to see the good guy win. This one is not gonna be for the faint hearted because this Ben Jordan is going on a witch hunt and it will end on Sunday when I defeat Kedron Williams for the last time."

I take another quick look at my watch.

"Now it's been an absolute pleasure to be around you good people." I tell them "but it's time for me to get a wriggle on. No doubt you guys will bump in to me around the ship, but for now, it's time to dash. Enjoy the rest of your night."

I quickly wink.

"Laters people." I say with a wave.

As Blame it on the Boom Boom starts to play again, I wave to the crowd for the last time before moving my way back towards Evie, putting my arms around her.

"How'd I do?" I ask her.

"Not bad at all." She says with a nod.

I take another glance at my watch.

"Right, I'll be back with ya in a few hours." I tell Evie. "You sure you don't mind?"

Evie shakes her head towards me.

"Tradition." She says with a nod.

I quickly plant my lips on hers, stroking her cheek and smiling before dashing off.

The camera cuts to Samantha Marlowe, standing in the media area, talking to reporters as others snap pictures of the former Bombshell Roulette champion when I quickly appear on the scene. I tap Sam on the shoulder, causing her to turn with a look of confusion.

"Ben?" She says with her Texas tone. "What are you doing here?"

"Picking you up." I tell her confused looking face.

"For what?" She asks, not following anything I was saying.

"Tradition." I respond with a wink. "But I literally mean picking you up cause we're gonna be late."

"What for?" She asks, her confusion growing.

"You ask a lot of questions." I tell Sam as I lean down.

I quickly move in close and lift Sam over my shoulder with a fireman's carry, holding her over my wide shoulder.

"Ben!" She yells out, but I ignore her, turning to the reporters.

"She'll be back with you guys in a couple of hours." I tell them. "But you know, tradition!"

I quickly move away from the reporters at pace leaving everyone confused.

So you're confused too, eh? I guess you better go watch Sam Marlowe's promo to end that confusion!
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen

Offline Son of Salem

• View Profile
    • Kedron Williams
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 07:46:38 PM »

"The Truth Is Out There"

"What was in that tube? Because the missus thinks it was blood, and what's in the box?"

It was the question on many a mind that watched the Ben Jordan promo from earlier this week, the one where he had hoped to put this dire business between Kedron Williams and himself to an end -- finally. Ben has had quite the career in wrestling, and enjoyed immeasurable popularity with not just the fans that attended the weekly broadcasts to hopefully catch a glimpse of the "Cockney King," but also with his peers. Ben was liked, he was respected. But one rare thing that seemed to have eluded him was an enemy. Someone who hated him, and sought to only place him in pain and misery, in both body and soul.

At least until Kedron Williams had entered the picture.

Ben Jordan waited as Kedron's wife, a co-conspirator if you would with her husband's arch nemesis, Rinoa Williams, stood there with her eyes on the small box. The very one Ben and Evie had traveled all the way to Greece to retrieve for her. Rinoa held it in one single hand, while caressing it lovingly with the other, as if it held something very valuable, and even far more precious.

Which it did.

She finally tore her eyes from the box and looked up to Ben and perhaps for the first time since the man met this enigmatic woman, she smiled. Genuinely -- smiled.

Rinoa Williams: Your wife is quite the woman, Ben. I wish this mess between us had never happened, but unfortunately fate intervened and I had to support my husband. At least to a degree.

Ben Jordan: You mean until you decided to work against him?

Rinoa's eyes shot up to stare into Ben's own, and for only the briefest of moment's, this woman reminded Ben too much of Evie herself when he perhaps said or did the wrong thing. Rinoa shook her head.

Rinoa Williams: I am quite certain that you weren't complaining, Ben, when I counter acted his enchantments to do you harm that you wouldn't recover from?

Ben could only stare at the woman, trying to read her from her eyes or body language but whoever she was, whatever she was, she was almost void of body language that he could get any sort of vibe from. All he could do or say to her charge was offer a slight nod of the head, acknowledging her words.

Ben Jordan: Touche'.

He was still uncertain whether or not he believed in this whole witch or warlock story between this husband and wife, and magic? That was even more unbelievable, but he wasn't close minded. Who was to say that there wasn't an entire world out there, hidden from the eyes of every day?

Rinoa Williams: I admit with some regret that yes, I am working against Kedron's goals. And I do worry what would happen if he were to discover the fact.

Ben Jordan: Would he hurt you?

But to his question, Rinoa shook her head and answered with the utmost confidence.

Rinoa Williams: Never. At least, not physically. Mentally? The only way he could do that Ben is if he were to leave me over this.

Ben Jordan: You would risk your marriage over this? In helping me?

Rinoa Williams: I am helping Kedron, Benjamin. Never forget that.

Ben Jordan: But in helping him, you are helping me. Maybe not directly, maybe not even by choice.

Rinoa Williams: Perhaps in your case the end justifies the means. The proverbial icing on the cake, as it were?

Ben leaned back against the rail, letting the cool air of the night waft across the back of his neck as he folded his arms over his chest. He had wanted to end this chat with the woman quickly, but he found himself becoming more invested as time passed, and the questions continued to arise in his mind. And unfortunately, Rinoa was probably the only one who had answers that would be willing to share them.

Ben Jordan: Call it whatever you want, but your husband has been making my life a living hell for months, and if I'm to believe you, or my own gut feeling, damn near killed me with...

He tried to bring up the word, which amused her greatly as she smiled and simply said the word for him.

Rinoa Williams: Magic?

Ben Jordan: Fine. Magic. My point is, you're taking a risk for me, even indirectly, but I think I took an even bigger one for you. That trip to Greece could have been a trap cooked up by you and your husband...

Rinoa Williams: But it wasn't, was it?

Ben Jordan: No, but I think I deserve to know why.

Rinoa then positioned herself directly across from Ben, their presence hidden by chance and shadow, away from prying eyes and ears. She hugged the box against her bosom as she cast a sidelong glance at absolutely nothing as if she were trying to decide whether or not this man across from her did indeed deserve what he claimed. She must have decided the affirmative because she then found her eyes on Ben and she spoke.

Rinoa Williams: I've already answered many of your questions, you just chose not to listen or perhaps not believe. Despite his words to the contrary, Kedron did not target you to eliminate your family line. if that were the case, why target you and none of the rest of your family that remains alive and well?

Ben waved a hand  toward her...

Ben Jordan: maybe you got involved like you are now...?

But she simply closed her eyes and shook her head, shooting down that notion.

Rinoa Williams: Ben, when Kedron bargained with evil to see his family avenged from one of your own ancestors, he bargained away the most valuable piece of himself.

Ben Jordan: His soul. You're still telling me that he sold his soul to the Devil?

Again, she smiled. But this time there was no mirth or joy behind it. Not even a faint trace of bemusement.

Rinoa Williams: No, Ben. There are other forces of nature far older than some Judeo-Christian "devil" that people blame for their own actions in order to assuage their own guilt. You should know. I believe you had a handful of encounters with Him.

Ben shook his head with a frown of confusion, not understanding. Not until a moment later when the chalk white visage with the amber eyes invaded his consciousness. A memory. He rubbed a hand along his jaw.

Ben Jordan: Shit....

Rinoa smiled with a nod, pleased his memory allowed him to start to understand..

Rinoa Williams: That particular one made a lot of enemies, but perhaps the greatest one was a man that shared the same bloodline as...

She twirled a forefinger and Ben found it pointing directly at him.

Ben Jordan: Me? Who?

Rinoa Williams: He was known in certain circles as the Scourge, you might say. Quite the remarkable man. A miracle unto himself. Blind. Deaf. Mute. Thrice afflicted but somehow, in some miraculous way, he became the most fierce and famed hunter of what lies in shadows the world had ever seen. The so-called 'witch hunters,' that you now know of? The one you saw condemn Kedron's family?

She shook her head in disgust.

Rinoa Williams: Pale imitations of what once was. A truly tragic fall of such a distinguished line. Until you came along.

Ben Jordan: You're joking. My last name is Jordan, not Winchester!

Rinoa Williams: Droll, dear. But if you wish to continue not taking me at my word, then do this for yourself. Look up a single name in history, match it to your own ancestry; Nicolai Dalca. I believe then your eyes and hopefully your mind, would be open.

Silence reigned between the two conspirators for seemingly endless minutes. Rinoa stared at Ben as everything she confided to him was being processed. Ben took it all in with an open mind, whether it was hard to believe or not, he could not just flat out say he didn't believe her. He was a marvelous judge of character, and there was something about her that told him this woman did indeed love her husband and wanted to do right by him. That thought alone brought one more question to the forefront of his mind.

Ben Jordan: So when all of this is finished, if it works out the way you hope ... what then? Hoe does it end?

Rinoa Williams: Hopefully with a little luck, and your assistance, Kedron will become the man he used to be, and the man I know he remains deep down. I do love him, Ben Jordan. I would give up everything to save him. And for all he has, for all he can do, the one thing he has asked of me, I can not give him.

Ben took this in with interest and leaned in.

Ben Jordan: And ... what's that?

And it surprised him perhaps when she showed him the first true signs of emotion she long withheld, as her eyes grew moist with tears while she gave him the answer.

Rinoa Williams: A child. Kedron wants nothing more than to be a father, and it is not something I could have allowed. I knew who and what he was, and I knew his line was cursed. As much as I love him, I could not do such a thing to a child, so I took steps to ensure it did not happen.

Years ago, not so long after the 'Handfasting' ceremony that had joined Kedron and Rinoa in matrimony. Kedron slept soundly in their shared bedroom, while Rinoa was elsewhere that late hour. In her own private room where she had many potions and elixirs, ingredients for one or the other stored on tables and counters, some of the more rare and dangerous locked behind glass cabinet doors. Ingredient collections that even impressed her husband.

She stood there, alone. The two had spent a pleasurable night making love, as they did every single night since their took their vows to one another. And Rinoa knew, that without a doubt, she would soon carry a child. Something that she could not allow now, or ever.

Dittany.
Mandrake.
Monkshood.
Ladies glove.
Poinsettia.

A simple concoction, really. When prepared correctly, and in such matters, Rinoa was a professional. Brewed over a double boiler as a tea, she held the cup in her hands, staring into the surface of the brew which had taken on a deep purple color which steam arose from. Once this step was taken, it could never be reversed. She lifted the rim of the cup to her lips -- and drank deeply. It tasted surprisingly sweet, not bitter. She downed it with one swallow, and set the cup down, then she just stood there.

Slowly the pains came to her abdomen, and she clutched her stomach and fell to one knee.....

Ben Jordan watched Rinoa as the tears fell from her eyes and pooled at her chin. The first true sign of vulnerability she had displayed, and a secret she had confided in him.

Ben Jordan: Jesus.....

She wiped at her eyes with the back of her hand, as if she believed it would suddenly make Ben forget she had shed tears in front of him. He brought a hand up, as if to offer her some form of comfort, but knew deep down it was a bad idea. He lowered his hand and could only ask...

Ben Jordan: ... What, next? How does this end?

Regaining her composure, Rinoa drew her black shawl around her shoulders.

Rinoa Williams: I will return to him tonight what he hid away, what you returned to us. Then I need you to do two things; defeat him in your last match.

Ben Jordan: And then?

Rinoa Williams: Then the most difficult part in all of this. Afterwards, I ask you be yourself. Speak with him while he is vulnerable.

Ben Jordan: What ... makes you think he'll talk to me, or would even want to???

Rinoa Williams: Because angry people all have one thing in common; they love to talk. And when he does? Get him to confide his greatest regret. With this returned...

She held the box up between them.

Rinoa Williams: I hope... I believe, he will give up what was given him, and in return, he will regain what he lost.

Ben Jordan: You are risking an awful lot on this....

Rinoa Williams: More than you understand.

Ben then took a closer step toward her.

Ben Jordan: Then answer my question, what was in the vial? And, what's in that box?

Rinoa Williams: Your wife was indeed correct, Ben. That was preserved blood in the vial; my own, as a matter of fact. It is, after all, the only way to break a blood lock.

Ben Jordan: And the box?

Without hesitation, Rinoa stepped up to Ben with the box held out, and with one hand, she flipped the lid open so that he might see...

Ben Jordan: BLOODY HELL!!!

In their suite that night, Kedron slept soundly without risk of waking -- thanks much to a glass of red wine tainted by a sleeping draught crafted expertly by his on wife. The wife that say on their bedside and turned at the waist so that she could watch over him. Her fingers glided down his face in a loving caress, then continued past his jaw and down his neck, and stopped over the left side of his chest. With what had been in the box in her other hand, she closed her eyes and pressed both hands, palms down, against his 'heart' and pushed.....

Kedron gasped, his back arching suddenly and startled her, but slowly, his frame relaxed and his sleep resumed. She closed her eyes and exhaled sharply with much relief. She drew in a shaky breath and gazed adoringly at him, astounded that a man that had done such evil, could look so angelic in his rest.

Rinoa Williams: Sleep well, love. You are about to have a challenging time.

Kedron Williams: Tell me something Ben. is this where it all ends? Between us, on this ship, out in the middle of the ocean and in front of the eyes of hundreds of witnesses? Is this where the evil warlock gets burned at the proverbial stake, or will it be where the angelic hero finds himself robbed of heart and soul, condemned to suffer for an eternity and a day for the wrongs committed by those that came before him?

We have been through a lot together, you and I. And if I had my way, we would continue on this little journey for a long time to come because I am simply having too much fun. But you are stronger willed than I had first anticipated. You have a stubborn streak that is making this between us an even better challenge that I had anticipated. And no, Ben, that is not a bad thing. Quite the contrary!

I have been alive for quite a bit longer than I would care to admit, or you would be led to believe, but without a shadow of a doubt, I have had much more fun than I ever believed possible, and I have you to thank. But, sadly this is not up to me, and it is a matter of business before pleasure. Now I don't know if you orchestrated this or not, our final encounter on this ship crafted of iron and steel, or if you knew what effect that and the ocean waters have on  ... myself. If you did, then bravo to you! If not, well I suppose anyone can be lucky by chance.

I suppose the bottom line is we each share a victory over the other, which will make this end result even more satisfying than watching the realization of defeat and disappointment appear in the eyes of you and that lovely wife of yours. I was fated to end this in the only way possible; by delivering your soul to the Master. I would prefer doing so quickly, and without a fuss if you could be so kind? But if you would rather continue your stubborn streak, that is fine. After all...

I have all the time in the world.

>

I believe Satan to exist for two reasons:

1- The Bible says so.
2- I've done business with Him.