Author Topic: Larger concerns  (Read 424 times)

Offline Son of Salem

• View Profile
    • Kedron Williams
Larger concerns
« on: July 26, 2019, 07:27:39 PM »
 Salem, Massachusetts

Night had fallen, and there was a full moon hanging high in the air. This homestead, this land, was far enough away from the city life that extinguished the shimmering of the stars overhead, so that the heavenly lights could be seen and appreciated.

And they were appreciated, as Rinoa Williams walked casually through the trees that towered up high over her head, the moon and stars seen peaking through the "fingers" of the branches, lush with green foliage.  Kedron was fast asleep, and she enjoyed taking these small moments to herself to reflect on the past and contemplate on the future, as her three cherished "babies," the Sphinx cats Isis, Cleopatra and Achilles, trailed along after her, taking in the light life for their own with just each other and their mistress for company.

Rinoa had much on her mind. Her meeting with Ben Jordan went much better than expected. He had seemed open to the idea of helping her save her husband, but there was still disbelief and apprehension in his heart. She would have to rectify that in time. She had explained what she needed of him, and that in itself would be explored sooner than you might expect. But for now, she has a certain other issue roaming through her thoughts, plaguing her as she weaved her way through the trees, celebrating the night and Hecate's glory.

Rinoa Williams: I can not imagine how anyone could possibly look at my situation and think that I am at any sort of disadvantage. I am teamed with Kedron, and in case you've forgotten, it was only a few weeks ago in Phoenix, Arizona where Kedron and I, in our first time together as a tag team, defeated the seemingly unbeatable Jordans, Ben and Evie. Nobody gave us a chance. They practically spoke of when the Jordans would win, not if. Funny how these things work out, is it not?

And while Kedron was the one who defeated Benjamin, I would like to think that I handled myself quite admirably against a former World singles and tag team champion. Many thought of Evie as the future of the Bombshell division, and perhaps she still is destined to be so. In her own time.

But I am not against Evie again, this time around, and this is no regular mixed tag team match, is it Amy? Many times you have been in the ring, and you've silenced any critics that you might have had by winning every available championship in SCW, save for one. The World Mixed Tag Team Championships. That is the one that has eluded you since it was created, isn't it dear? Perhaps you thought at first you would have a chance at winning it when that strange man with the cactus fetish, Senor Vinnie, was your regular partner in this Metal and Punk Connection stable you and your friends have going.

But no. That was not in the cards, was it? Vinnie had another destiny stretched out ahead of him, where he could possibly be the one to dethrone Austin James Mercer for a much more lofty prize. I imagine that must have been quite frustrating for you, Amy, but that was just self serving thoughts haunting you. Needless ones at that. After all, were you in his shoes, would you sacrifice a chance at the most prestigious championship in wrestling to team with you? So you and Jessie went in search of a new partner that was not tied up with thoughts of championships, and you did marvelous, I must say. because if there is any one man out there in SCW that is as far away from championship goals, I dare say that it would be Joshua Acquin!

Rinoa paused, blinking her eyes and resting her chin down on her curled fingertips.

Rinoa Williams: It is a perplexing process, trying to decipher what exactly has been going through yours and Jessie's minds. First Vinnie, now a man who spends more time flat down, staring up at the ring lights than the mat itself. What do either man bring to the table as far as the theme of metal or punk goes? Vinnie brings a cactus I suppose and entertainment value. Joshua? He brings the status of a championship title reign, many years too old past its prime.

And yet here you are, thinking that you indeed stand a legitimate shot with him at your side, in doing what Ben and Evie could not. All you are fighting for is a possible further step in your wrestling  legacy. The Jordans fought for both pride as well as vengeance. Both which mean much, much more than any mere trinket. My own participation in this tournament?

She placed a hand on her breast.

Rinoa Williams: Not my doing, nor my idea. Despite all evidence to the contrary in my one and only match, I am not a trained wrestler. But I imagine that's not something you mind at all, is it Amy? You'd be only too willing to take advantage of a non-wrestler being thrown into the proverbial lion's den? In your own, perverted thought process, it would simply mean an easier path than the rest en route to the championship. Of course, I'm fairly certain that Evie thought the same thing, that I was easy prey.

How satisfying it will be to watch the stunned look of disbelief etch itself on your face, Amy dear, when Kedron and I celebrate another victory, at your expense of course. And our path opens up toward a championship that now is no longer within your reach.

She shrugged.

Rinoa Williams: The truly sad thing about this entire situation is the simple fact that I have absolutely no interest in this tournament, nor the championship it represents. I have had my eyes opened to a much larger picture, and it involves no championship belt, nor time better spent elsewhere than this six-sided ring I am being forced in. But I will do it, if I must. if only to bring a moment of true happiness in satisfaction to my husband. He deserves it.

She turned to look at the camera one more time.

Rinoa Williams: He deserves the world.
>

I believe Satan to exist for two reasons:

1- The Bible says so.
2- I've done business with Him.