Author Topic: Basement Brand  (Read 504 times)

Offline Valentina

• View Profile
    • Valentina
Basement Brand
« on: July 19, 2019, 10:11:42 PM »
 “If you think I’m pretty, you should see me in a crown.”

\'user

[We find out way down to the Wingfield Park to see its many activities, ranging from kayakers who are splashing around wildly in the water, to couples and families picnicking by the side of the river.  There is a large red bridge that goes over the water, with trees to provide optimal shade.  Through our brief exploration we can see a few rocks to the side of the body of water and it doesn’t take long to spot a woman as beautiful as an exotic mermaid who has just gotten her sea legs replaced with long, full, powerful legs that are bronzed for the gods themselves.  She is spread out, taking in the sun, in a simple black one piece bathing suit and a pair of Prada Baroque sunglasses.  The sun was made for her skin as the heat is absorbed and radiated back out.  It begins to dry the beads of water that cling to every part of her body.  She looks up to see the lens focused on her and she giggles.]

Valentina: Dios mío!  Oh my god!  You scared me!  Why must you sneak up on me like that?

[Valentina’s Spanish accent trickles off her tongue and she playfully slaps at the cameraman before sitting up.  She puts her knees to her chest to try to present herself modestly.  Her youthful face, flawless even in this extreme heat, glows with a bashful smile.]

Valentina:  You have seen this before, I know.  A pretty girl who comes to show herself off but pretends not to know that they are teasing you.  They play with your emotions and they come to rub it in your face.  Then they walk away when they cannot live up to this hype inside of the ring.  Many of them come through SCW.  Many of them I know.

[Valentina stands up, smoothing out her suit.  She walks over to her belongings and takes out a container of water.  After a drink she walks back over to the rock.]

Valentina:  In my home country people call these ladies “estriptistas”.  Sometimes if they do it bad enough we call them “las prostitutas”.  If you think it sounds familiar then you are probably onto something.  They are afraid to get dirty.  They don’t want to mess up their makeup.  They feel it is not worth it to work to achieve goals.  And I am constantly put into this group.  Everyone says it to me.

[Valentina shrugs her shoulders like she does not care.  She turns around and looks down at the water below her.  She leans down and picks up a pile of dirt and turns to the camera.  The mud drips from her manicured French tips and falls at her feet, to her other manicured French tips.]

Valentina:  I’m just a pretty face, or one who looks too young or innocent to be a Goddess inside of that ring.  They think that I am too clean.  Apparently holding the Hardcore Tag Team Championships with my partner Mark “The Dragon” Cross doesn’t give me the edge I hoped I would get from it.  I must sound vapid, and the truth is that I am not the smartest person to walk this earth.  But if you think for one second that I am going to rely on my looks to get ahead in this industry, then you are even dumber than I already thought you were.  This message goes out to all of my haters, collectively.  The clean, pretty, diva that you think you know is about to get dirty.

[Valentina slaps herself in the face with the mud, letting it drip down her face.  Her fingers then trail down her chest, stomach, and legs.  She rubs it around until she is practically covered in mud from head to toe.  She then presses her index finger to her lips and swipes across them, then she flings the dirt to the ground so she can talk without the quickly drying mud cracking too much.]

Valentina:  I am not afraid to get dirty.  Just as I am not afraid to do work.  Just because I know divas, and have worked with divas, and share a similar background to many divas, it does not mean that I am a diva.  I am on my way to achieving Goddess status, but for now?  I will just go beast mode on any woman who gets in my way.  I have a goal, and that goal is to work my way through the best that Sin City Wrestling has to offer and sadly at the moment that is Sierra Williams and Lachlan Kane.  I am planning to meet them in the finals of the tournament because I want to pass on a message to SCW.  SCU might be a training ground, but you have to have nerves of steel to survive for one night.  So to call it the basement brand is not just an insult but it is not factual.

[Valentina watches the camera intense for a second to drive home her point. She shows off the mud covering her body.  She stiffens her posture to look like a filthy goddess statue posing as such.]

Valentina:  It’s not just about my pride, my eyes in others because it is about an entire roster. I am carrying them on my shoulders and if I don’t show them that they can do this one day too then why am I even here?  If I have learned one thing in my short time as a wrestler if would be that pride is the center of all wrestlers. No one is free of it.  We go into the ring and we fight our hearts out just to prove that we are better than our opponent.  We fight for championships to prove that we are the best and we pride ourselves on being just that.  We look a certain way and act a certain way but the end result is always the same.  One day we want to be remembered.  We want to be revered.  We want all of this from what we do inside of the ring.  We want statues erected in our honor. We want our legacy to live on.  Some hide behind facades that say otherwise but if they have half a mind then they wrestle to satiate their own pride.  I am no different.  I will be the first to say that. So right now I see that I am building my legacy.

[Valentina’s skin doesn’t take long before it starts to cast a grey color.  She truly is becoming a statue of herself.  She doesn’t move other than her mouth to speak to allow a perfect glaze of mud to show on her skin casting a marble glow.]

Valentina:  I admit it.  Others want to pretend they have some noble cause to fight for and at times we do.  But we find that cause when we enter the sport.  We choose to enter the sport for our own image.  A warrior goddess is my end game goals and I am already on the way to that.  It might take a few months or a few years or two decades but I will not stop until I get there.  And I admit to that willingly.  But I am also not so stupid to believe that I can get there without breaking sweat, nails, bones, or shedding tears, blood, and fears.  It is hard work and I am willing to do it.  That is why Sin City Underground has given me the opportunity to see how I can do in Sin City Wrestling.  Again this is for pride and for envy.  Every SCU roster member envies the SCW.  I am one of only a few that has tasted this, and even less have tasted it twice.  I would be a fool to ignore this opportunity for myself and for my brand.

[Valentina remains still as we now see but just a few spots where the mud is not pasted.  Her eyes move ever so slightly to look into the camera before looking off in the distance once more.]

Valentina:  I suspect that many will insult our brand, including Mark and mine’s opponents this week of Jack Asher and Emmie Ward.  I suspect that they will underestimate the power and determination that Mark and I have for making a name for ourselves and further underestimate what it takes to survive in SCU.  While it does upset me and make me angry to hear it, I do understand it.  Why should SCW pay attention to their underlings?  Why should they waist their time watching a two hour show that airs at midnight, three a.m. eastern?  Shameless plug I know.  But the answer to those questions is because many will follow in our footsteps.  Many will come up for a fun time not a long time.  Others will come up for a long time and not a fun time.  They are watching you.  They know all about you.  Preparation is half the battle and most of us are prepared.  That would be a great mistake.

[Valentina can’t help but laugh, and the full smile on her face causes the porcelain glow to crack and crumble off of her face.  She then reaches up and covers her face.]

Valentina:  It looks like I’m not prepared for goddess warrior status just yet.  But that is ok.  I will just enjoy the fight in the meantime.  And perhaps the water behind me.  It is calling my name.  Take in what I have said today and form your own opinions.  But do not say that I didn’t try to warn you.  Goodbye for now.

[And with that, Valentina steps back to the edge of the rock she is standing on.  Flakes of the dried mud begin to blow in the light breeze when she moves.  She drops back with a big splash as the grey cloud surrounds her in the water.  As the stream carries it away, Valentina looks renewed once again, shimmering in the sunlight as we leave her.]