Author Topic: Griffin Hawkins (c) Vs Lachlan Kane  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Griffin Hawkins (c) Vs Lachlan Kane
« on: June 16, 2019, 12:53:25 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: 10,000 word maximum, 1 roleplay per week maximum

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 10:54:17 PM »
  It's not easy having my commitments, but it is fun. Me and the band were set to shoot a music video for SCW in the Arizona desert. It was pretty hot out...especially in the summer. After a while of shooting, the director yelled cut. Kate Steele, Chip Zanuff and Gibby Hale talked among themselves as I got off the rock. I noticed Geoff Matthens there watching the whole thing.

Griffin Hawkins: So...how's it feel watching the magic happen?

Geoff Matthens: Well while it's hotter than hell out here...it's actually pretty nice. It's like I'm watching The Beatles performance up close.

Griffin Hawkins: I appreciate the compliment, but I don't think John Lennon or Ringo Starr would ever perform in the desert.

Geoff Matthens: Good point...so you ready for Into The Void?

Griffin Hawkins: Hell yeah, stiff competition ahead.

Geoff Matthens: First time you're facing someone like him.

Griffin Hawkins: What do you mean?

Geoff Matthens: You're facing an underdog, someone who has defied the odds his whole life. That makes him more determined.

Griffin Hawkins: Dude, I've always been the underdog. If anything we're in the same boat.

Geoff Matthens: Let me put it this way, here we are in the desert..the only ones who survive there are the sick and the cold blooded.

He points to a Turtle who's just crawling along the sand.

Geoff Matthens: See that Turtle? He's just moseying along..an underdog in life trying to survive. That's how Kane is..and that's how you are. But that isn't something you should be.

We then look to what looks to be a great Vulture, perched on top of a cactus.

Geoff Matthens: That is what you should be.

Griffin Hawkins: A swooping Vulture?

Geoff Matthens: Goddamn right. You can't be the prey, you have to be the predator. That Vulture knows what it wants...do YOU know what you want?

Griffin Hawkins: To beat Lachlan and retain..

Geoff Matthens: But you can't do it if you're the underdog..because in this game, only ONE winner can walk out.

I then heard Kate's voice calling out to me.

Kate Steele: Hey Griff! You coming or what? We gotta finish this!

I then remembered we have a video to finish.

Griffin Hawkins: Oh..yeah I'm coming!

-----------------------------------------

Something about my dream I had to check out. The next day, I was in the library looking up stuff on this faction Gideon called "The Order". I looked through books, but I couldn't really find anything. I looked on through the Occult section of the library..but came across a young woman dressed in black.

Morrigan Chambers: Oh excuse me..am I in your way?

Griffin Hawkins: Oh..no miss, carry on.

She went to leave, but something told me to see if she could help me out.

Griffin Hawkins: Actually uh...I'm kind of looking for some info on something. I mean taking a wild stab in the dark here..but do you know anything about some group in the old days called "The Order"?

I hoped it wasn't offensive, her being a Goth and me automatically assuming she knows anything about satanic cults. She just smiled warmly at me.

Morrigan Chambers: Hmm...I think I could help you out.

She made her way over to the computer and typed up The Order on Google, and the name comes up "Order of the Moon".

Morrigan Chambers: Is this what you were looking for?

Griffin Hawkins: Yeah...whats the info on these guys?...

She scrolls down, reading on them.

Morrigan Chambers: The order of the moon, a coven of warlocks who committed many atrocities in the name of the dark lord.

Griffin Hawkins: Does this include sacrifices?...like animals and the like?

Morrigan Chambers: Humans...animals...children, the whole nine.

That last part sent chills down my spine. That dream I had was meant to be a sacrifice.

Griffin Hawkins: I see...

Morrigan Chambers: Why the interest?

Griffin Hawkins: Oh nothing, just research. Kind of a history buff.

Morrigan Chambers: I see, well I'm glad I can help you mister. Now I must be going off, got some books to check out.

She walks off as I sit down and browse the article on the Order, children missing, people killed. This was a cult that terrorized everyone in the days of old. They may be gone, but I get the feeling their presence still may be around somehow. If they were..then that means that someone would pay me a visit...

------------------------------------------

Cameras open in what looks to be a studio. Set up under the lights looks to be pictures of athletes celebrating their victories on many tripod stands. I step from behind two of the pictures, dressed in blue jeans and a white Ziggy Stardust tee. I slowly begin to speak.

"Underdogs..people who want to be the best and fight through no matter what is thrown their way. Along the way...they stumble, but they never give up on their resolve to become champions. Me..and Lachlan Kane. We both may be entirely different on the outside, but inside, we are one in the same. We are both underdogs..the guys nobody bets on, but ends up shocking the world when they achieve victory. Now..two underdogs fighting for one of the important belts in this industry, one will leave with the title..the other will leave defeated."

I go to the first one. Tom Brady.

"Tom Brady...while now it would be unusual to refer to him as an underdog, back then it was different. In 2001 he silenced all the doubters and started a tradition of winning when he took home the Super Bowl ring for the first time ever. Some would compare Brady to Lachlan Kane..a scrapper from Ireland who's been fighting for what he's wanted since he was 13 years old..told all his life he'll never amount to anything because he's not big enough...now he's on the grandest stage. Me, I'm not like the others, because I had the same detractors tell me that I don't deserve to be in the spotlight, that I am just some gimmick..by looking at both of us, it looks like we've pissed a lot of people off...because here we are about to fight for a title that only a few were lucky enough to hold."

I realize Lachlan is a whole different kind of animal, I couldn't allow him to get the drop on me.

"One thing I admire about you Lachlan is that you don't take no for an answer. You want to prove that you deserve to be among the elite here in SCW, and you don't care who you gotta go through to prove it. I know that fire because I am the same way. When I came here, I said from the beginning that I would face the best in the business and I would not duck anyone. You are without a doubt one of the best athletes in SCW today and I am honored to defend my title against a worthy contender such as you...which is why I have no choice but to beat the holy fucking fuck..out of you. Nothing personal Lachlan, it's something I've been doing since the day I started..surviving."

I make my way over to what looks to be an old Boxing photo.

"James Buster Douglas...a young unknown who came out of nowhere. Mike Tyson was 42-1 before his fight with Douglas. But not only did Douglas beat Tyson, he knocked him out and took his title. Even though his tenure as champion didn't last very long, he is still an underdog. I know how Douglas feels. When I signed back with SCW I had people saying that my time has passed and I can't compete with the new crop of talent. The title I hold says otherwise, and it will be time once again for me to prove myself against a man whom many view as the future of Sin City Wrestling."

I had no idea how much I'd succeed before returning, the question was do I still have it against them?

"I know how bad you want to be champion Lachlan, you've been there before and you want to be there again. But the truth is, I need this win for me. Because when I came back, all I was known as was the undefeated and final Internet Champion. That wasn't good enough for me, I wanted more. I wanted to become more than the man who retired the Internet Title..I want to be the man who can carry SCW on its shoulders and be a champion that those people can look up to and be proud of. Not saying you can't be that champion because you got all the qualifications. But I said from the beginning that I am here to pick up where I left off until I reach my goal to become the World Heavyweight Champion, and if I gotta go through you to do it..then that's what I will do."

I walk over to a baseball team celebrating a victory in the picture.

"The Boston Red Sox..for years they came close to winning..but so very far. Then one night in 2004, they did the impossible and won the World Series for the first time since 1918. Many have compared me and Lachlan to the Red Sox..we both are underdogs as I mentioned. But I am looking to shake that. As much as the Stigma hangs over my head, I can't be the underdog in this match, I have to be the aggressor..I have to be the man who'll retain the Roulette Title."

I begin to walk away from the photo.

"Now, this is a match that could spell doom for the both of us Lachlan, because as the belt implies...it's Roulette Rules...anything can happen. It could be a match that benefits me like a Street Fight...or a match that benefits you like a ladder match. It's anyone's guess what this will be Lachlan..but whatever the match is, I will fight until there is nothing left in me to give..and knowing you, you will do the same...and I would not want it any other way. I knew when you became the number one contender, I'd be facing an uphill battle...this is further proof."

I look off camera and grab the Roulette Title, placing it over my shoulder.

"This...is what it's all about. A match between two men who've been underdogs their whole career, fighting in a match where neither know what the rules will be, or if they will survive it. All I know is..somebody is gonna get rocked."

I take my belt and walk away as the camera crew pack in the equipment.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 10:49:04 PM »
  It had been years since I've spoken to Marquis face to face. It took me forever to track him down, but after asking around, I found where he was living and arranged a meeting with him at his mansion. As we sat in his huge living room where it felt bigger than my own, he poured me some tea.

Griffin Hawkins: Thanks...

Marquis Laveaux: Don't mention it...so what is this group you found out about?

I gave a sip of my tea before taking a deep breath.

Griffin Hawkins: The Order of the Moon.

I then notice the expression on his face slowly change to concern.

Marquis Laveaux: And what do you know about this coven?..

Griffin Hawkins: I know they are a group that has done so many unspeakable acts, they are known as one of the most notorious cults in history.

Marquis Laveaux: Well..you're not wrong. They terrorized a big part of Europe in the old days. People were afraid to leave their homes.

Griffin Hawkins: Did you and Gideon know them?

Marquis Laveaux: Yes...we have some...unfinished business with them. They've been after us for a while now.

Griffin Hawkins: What did you do?...

Marquis Laveaux: I'd rather not say..but why the sudden interest in it?

Here it comes...

Griffin Hawkins: ...lately I've been having dreams. Dreams of being there in those times, nearly sacrificed..and I saw you and Gideon there..looking down at me.

For a minute he stays silent as he looks at the fireplace.

Marquis Laveaux: ...I think you should go.

Griffin Hawkins: What? But I...

He raises his voice, turning to me in anger.

Marquis Laveaux: I said go! If you value your life, you'll stay as far away from me as you possibly can.

That sounded like a threat to me..I didn't know what I did to set him off, but I slowly got up and left the living room, leaving through the main entrance. I was hoping I'd get answers, but all I proceeded to do was make Marquis angry...now where am I going to find the truth?

-----------------------------------------------

I still didn't know much about Lachlan Kane, it was hard to find previous matches of him outside SCW. I had to go behind enemy lines and get the info. And so I called up Charles and asked him if he could help me out and he came up with an idea...visit the SCW offices. Course they wouldn't allow files to members of the roster, so we had to break in.

11:00 PM

Crazy as it sounds, this is the first time I had to break into an office. We came through using the old credit card through the door trick, dressed all in black. Course my outfit wasn't exactly stealthy as it was a Scuba Diving suit while Charles was dressed all in black. He moved around his flashlight looking for the file room, but I managed to bump into him. He whispered low enough so I can hear.

Charles Hawkins: Watch where you're going!

Griffin Hawkins: Sorry...

Charles Hawkins: ...tell me why you're wearing that diving suit..

Griffin Hawkins: Because if I wore my chicken suit..I'd look stupid! Duh...

It sounded logical to me..as he moved on I walked carefully...as carefully as I can with flippers that is. Good thing I didn't bring my spear gun...he looked around for the offices until he found one that had the words "File Room" on the door. I turn my flashlight on and look around the office. As he is looking through the files I begin making shadow puppets.

Griffin Hawkins: Check it out dude! I made a bunny! Now I'm making a duck with one wing!

Charles Hawkins: Will you quit goofing off?! We gotta find the information needed on Lachlan Kane.

Griffin Hawkins: I won't get in trouble for this will I?

Charles Hawkins: You work for SCW, they can't really do much for you.

He looks through the files and finds something interesting.

Charles Hawkins: Wow..its your High School book report on The Titanic..

It reads "Grade F, is this a Joke?"

Griffin Hawkins: How the hell did they get that?!

Before I can get it back he started reading it and laughing.

Charles Hawkins: Leonardo Dicaprio is a great actor...

Griffin Hawkins: Can we PLEASE just find the damn file?!

As he is looking around I can't help but wonder if I'm doing the right thing here..this does kind of feel like I'm breaking some kind of rule.

Charles Hawkins: I got it!

I read through it, looking over the past companies he was in, realizing in a way he was just like me.

Griffin Hawkins: Put it back..I don't need it.

Charles Hawkins: What?...

Griffin Hawkins: I'll beat him my own way...

He put them back in the drawer as we make our way out, of course before leaving I take a handful of candy from the dish...knowing that i'm gonna need it.

-------------------------------------------------

I couldn't get the camera crew to show up this late at night..luckily Charles had his camera handy as he decided to record my shoot for the big match.

"Okay...we learned a lot of things tonight. It's very hard to break into an office..Christian Underwood has a lot of...interesting things in his office. And Lachlan Kane seems to have made quite the name for himself in the last few years of his career. He has quite a tour of duty in various companies all over the globe and has not even skipped a beat here in SCW. That is the kind of opponent I want to face..not some spoiled entitled douchebag like Jack Asher. When he defeated him for the number one contendership...that actually made me happy."

I smile to Charles' camera.

"Why? Because I don't want to defend my title against someone who thinks he should be handed the keys to the kingdom just because he won a few matches. If anyone knows me, they know that I am a guy who puts it on the line against top level competition. The first that comes to mind, is Lachlan Kane. This is a man who has overcome so much in his life just to get to this point in time at SCW, headlining it on the biggest stage of all. You're a hell of an athlete Kane, and I respect you for all you've done, but a battle between us is coming, and I gotta do what I gotta do."

I begin to walk across the sidewalk as Charles follows me.

"Lachlan I've seen a lot about you..and out of respect, I won't share your personal info on what you've been through out in the open..I actually skipped past that part anyway, I don't need to know that. Instead I'd rather focus on the companies you've competed in..not just SCW, but many other companies from all over the world. Everywhere you've gone, you've managed to leave your mark. You don't care if you're the biggest dog in the yard, you just go in and fight. In a lot of ways, you're like me. That's why I think this match between us is gonna be a clash that people will be telling their grandkids about. Two prime young athletes fighting for the second most important title in our industry."

I know somewhere, Lachlan was watching..even if it was late at night.

"Words cannot express how much I respect you Lachlan. You certainly are no stranger to gold, having won the tag titles with Sierra Williams...but that's not enough for you. I get that. When I was known as the final Internet Wrestling Champion...that wasn't good enough for me either. You want more...you'd rather go out and show the world what you can do instead of wasting everyone's time talking about how great you are like many others have in the past. But as much as I want to see you succeed in your quest for gold...it can't be mine. I beat Travis Levitt for the right to become champion, and I beat him again to prove that it was no fluke. I worked hard to get this belt, and I'll be damned if I lose it."

It sounded cocky, but I couldn't just say that I would give up the gold to him.

"Unlike your douchebag little brother, I see the future when I look at you. I see a guy who'll one day climb to the top of SCW and make his mark as one of the best in the company. But what better way to prove it...by going up against someone who's remained a constant in Sin City for quite a while. Now, no one knows who's gonna win this, not because its decided on the wheel, but because its down to two hungry lions who want nothing but to take their rightful place on top of the food chain. To do that, one of us has to win..and the other has to lose. Into The Void...we're gonna go out and leave everything in that ring."

I look to the night sky, knowing I'm in for a serious fight.

"If you indeed do beat me Lachlan, I'm man enough to get up and shake your hand and tell you that you are on this night the better man. And I believe someone like you would do the same thing if you were the one to lose this match as well. But I don't want to jump ahead..because neither of us know who will win this. But the one thing I know what will happen is that I will give you every last inch of me in there, and I will do whatever it takes to make sure I leave Into The Void STILL the Roulette Champion...seeya out there."

Charles turns off the camera as we head back to the car, driving away.
user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)