Author Topic: The return of SCW's favorite Babyface Jon Dough!  (Read 313 times)

Offline Wong Fai Hung

• A Shaolin Monk
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
The return of SCW's favorite Babyface Jon Dough!
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:42:34 PM »

Off Camera
Chicago, IL
5 days before SCW CC200

Orchid gets out of a rental with a small suitcase. She walks across the street then up a few stairs before knocking at a front door. After a few seconds the door opens up, Matt Spears lets Orchid in.

Orchid: Hello Matt.

She says as she walks in his house and enters his living room.

Matt: Hey Orchid.

Matt replies as he closes the front door.

Matt: Would you like something to drink?

Orchid: Tea please.

Matt: One beer coming up.

Orchid walks with Matt to the kitchen. She puts the briefcase on the table then goes towards the counter to pour water into Matt’s coffee maker. Matt sits down on a chair in front of the take with the briefcase.

Matt: You in town for business?

Orchid: Something like that. So, how have you been Matt?

Matt: I been okay, how about you?

Orchid walks over to her briefcase and cracks it open, she takes out two packets of tea then closes her briefcase. Orchid hands the tea packets to Matt. Matt gets up to get two cups Orchid takes a seat and lets out a big sigh.

Orchid: A bit sad but okay, better then Song that’s for sure.

Matt: Yeah, I heard she is not taking the closing of SCW well.

Orchid: Song is focusing on her last match and hopes to give the crowd a match they will never forget.

Matt: I’m sure she will.  

Orchid: Yeah, you plan on being there?

Matt puts the tea bags into the cups then pours hot water into them. He walks over to the table and hands Orchid her tea before sitting across from Orchid.

Matt: No one cares about me, me being there does nothing for the show.

Orchid: But your Mr. Golden Briefcase!

Orchid takes a zip of her tea as Matt tries to do the same but can’t as it it way to hot for him.

Matt: That’s not a thing Orchid.

Orchid: But you can make it a thing since you do have the briefcase.

Matt: The briefcase that you are walking around with carrying tea bags?

Orchid smiles at his smartalex comment.

Orchid: Yes this briefcase, it also has a contract for you to cash in Matt. Plus you do have a match on the show so please show up and beat up Modern Day Crusader, Samuel Devereux and Joshua Acquin.

Matt: No one expects me to win nor even care if I show up. Plus it’s not like they will fire me if I decide to stay home.

Orchid shrugs with a look on her face of agreement.

Orchid: NO, I guess not, but hey it’s the last show, they expect you to cash on your briefcase. You could walk out the champion!

Matt: No, I’d just lose along with the current champions as it’s clear someone will be getting themselves put in that match and winning the whole thing.

Orchid: You think so?

Matt: The writing is all over the wall. The bosses seem to really love this guy, he can never do no wrong so yes I and many others see it. Besides you seem to have gotten attached to the briefcase, I wouldn’t want to take it away from you.

Orchid: Well someone should put it to good use Matt.

Matt: Okay Orchid, what really brings you here?

Orchid: Well to make sure you show up for the last show Matt. You have a match and well Song and I do too and was hoping that um…

Orchid takes a deep breath then zips her tea.

Matt: Why do I sense that I already know what you plan on asking?

Orchid: Because you do.

Matt: Look, my career was almost ended by a group of pussies who left when they didn’t get the job done.

Orchid: And you returned back to SCW ready to fight another day. You showed everyone you have what it takes to come back from an attack like that. Now SCW has booked you for there last match.

Matt: Yes and I will make the show, I was just giving you a hard time.

Orchid: And?

Matt: And what?

Orchid: And Jon Dough?

Matt: He dead when those pussies attacked me.

Orchid: So no more voices? Jon is really gone?

Matt: Yes, he is gone?

Orchid: Oh, well I really miss Jon and so does everyone else but I understand how it was a pain for you to deal with. How do you feel now that he is gone?

Matt: The truth?

Orchid: No I prefer you lie to me Matt… Yes the truth!

Matt: I’m glad he is gone, it’s been nice, peaceful and quiet, but sometimes a little to quiet.

Orchid: Oh?

Matt: Yeah, at first it was great but when your alone as much as I am you realize maybe Jon wasn’t so bad after all. A bit annoying but not as bad as I thought it was when you compare it to not having anyone around.

Orchid: Have you thought about maybe moving on? I mean, look I have no idea what’s it’s like to lose your family, let alone the way you lost them but at some point you will need to move on, for your sake. Plus I’m sure that is what she would have wanted.

Matt: I’m not ready for that, plus I know this sounds crazy, but a part of me feels like she is still alive. I know that sounds crazy but I just have this gut feeling.

Orchid: You really miss her huh?

Matt: Everyday, I think about my wife and daughter. Orchid, one day I will get my revenge but until then I wait.

Orchid: Until then you should think about bringing Jon Dough back.

Matt: He is gone, the mask is gone, it’s all gone.

Orchid: Look, I was there remember?

Matt: Yes, you left me to die in the ring.

Orchid: Matt, I was busy doing something else.

Orchid takes a drink of her tea.

Orchid: I went to my room and grabbed my scuba diving suit and put it on. Master Lilly and Erik Staggs came out to make it official to attack you I was in the water on the side of the boat. I waited for Eyesnsane to throw your mask.

Orchid opens up the briefcase.

Orchid: I saw were it landed and I went under the water to go get it for you.

Orchid takes out the green mask and hands it to Matt.

Orchid: So Jon is not all gone.

Matt: I seen the SCW Network, the green mask was not as hot as the white mask Orchid.

Orchid: I agree, I always liked this one better.

Orchid hands Matt the white mask.

Orchid: The day Jon decided to switched masks, he had me keep the white mask in a safe place in case he ever needed it. He knew he could always trust me and Song but he felt a bit closer to me.

Matt: Orchid…

Orchid: Matt, wait, look, Song and I would really love to see Jon Dough, the fans would also love to see Jon one more time but we understand if you don’t want to.

Matt: I don’t see it happening Orchid.

Orchid: I know Matt.

Orchid finishes her tea then gets up to place her cup in the sink.

Orchid: I have to get going but please just think about it.

Orchid leaves the briefcase on the table and heads towards the front door. Matt stays seated in his chair as he stares at both mask. The front door closes, Matt takes a deep breath then takes his first zip of his tea.

Matt spins the briefcase around to put the mask inside. He notices a few papers in the briefcase. Matt grabs them out to see what they are. He sees the very first contract, Jon Dough signed with Master Wong Fai Hung as a talent, he sees another one that is a copy of Master Wong’s contract with SCW. He sees it’s a 5 year deal signed by then Head of talent Erik Staggs.

Matt: Wait, if Jon signed a 5 year deal then his contract didn’t expire April 1 2017 with the rest of the Elders. Jon’s 5 year deal started Oct. 2013 so it's good to Oct. of this year.

The next set of papers is the contract signed April 1st. Matt reads it and sees that Mark Ward knew Jon’s contract was not up and only just added more merchandise options, along with one tag team title match with advance notice of at least two weeks.

Matt looks at the last paper and sees its the title match of his choice as the briefcase winner. He sees that Mark Ward and Christian Underwood signatures on the left, on the right he sees the signature of Jon Dough.

Matt: Damn it Jon!

Jon Dough: You rang?

Matt hears Jon for the first time in months.

Matt: Damn it Jon go and stay away.

Jon Dough: Come on man, it’s the last show, let me do my thing one last time.

Matt: Bullshit, you signed the contract asshole.

Jon Dough: Oh yeah, about that, look, don’t you worry, I won’t cash it in, I just want to say bye to the fans man no more.

Matt: I feel like I don’t have a choice in this matter.

Jon Dough: You sure don’t Matt, sorry.

---------

Present Day

After finding out the reopening of SCW by a text from the SCW office. Jon texte back saying he was ready to get back to work when they needed him.

Everyone was called but not all will return. Matt is not sure what everyone else did but Matt choose to get his money from SCW this whole time meaning he could not work elsewhere until his contract ends on Oct of this year.

The way Matt sees it is simple. The text was not to make sure I was coming back, the text was to make sure I was ready to come back. Matt took the three months to learn a few more submissions holds and put a bit more muscle with a new workout. If there was a time Matt was ready it would be now.

Now he gets to return to work and look like the guy they will be proud they kept paying. Matt knows that it’s not about winning or losing. It’s about going out there and put on a show that makes the owners nod and shake your hand afterwards saying “good match out there”

Only for Matt that means one thing. He takes a deep breath

On Camera

Scene opens in a well lit room, we see the SCW Golden Briefcase on a black marble table. The camera zooms out a bit and we see someone in a black hoodie as we see the two strings hanging down. The camera moves up and we see the white Jon Dough mask.

Jon Dough: I’m back!!!!!!

Jon says with excitement.

Jon Dough: Man, it’s been a long time since I been booked in a match. How fitting that it's the Blast From The Past tournament, something I always bring up months ahead of time because it's like christmas to me.

This year, well I mean , I wasn’t able to do that but hey, shit happens. Now I return teaming with Kira Phoenix, a bombshell who came in before the closing. Someone who has been waiting a long time to get started in SCW.

Now don’t get me wrong, I don't know her so I can not say much outside the generic stuff like. She must be good is SCW signed her. Trust me I won’t be doing that today.

Jon says with a wink to the camera. The camera zooms in at the briefcase.

Jon Dough: Hey cameraman, up here, focus on me over here.

The camera moves back to focus on Jon Dough.

Jon Dough: Kira Phoenix, I guess if there is anyone you should be teamed up with it should be me as I am a 3 team tag team champion. I know what it takes to win those, when all else fails I could just use a steel chair on someone. Hell you might like that. You might be one of those that prefer that kind of wrestling. That’s the type of stuff that gets my fans to boo but I think you're into that.

Here’s the deal, were up against the strongest team put together as far as what they done in SCW. So ready or not we are both in for a great night at work.

Okay fans, I know you all want me to talk to you guys but I just had to let her know the deal. You all know about Mercedes and Kain, you all know they won more titles combine then any other team this year in the tournament

Come to think of it, this may be one of the matches in which you have the most title reigns combine as the total is like 12 when you include my three tag team title reign. Rather I am right or wrong I will find out on Sunday before the match because we all know Mercedes Vargas will let me know.

That is not a knock by any means. I think it’s awesome that she is a portable walking wrestling trivia game.

I know Kain is happy to return and team up with you. Which is good Kain as I feel the same about my partner. You see, we are the two that get to go out there as underdogs and shock the world. Tournament or not this is a huge match in my career seeing the combo between the two.

This is what you fans what to see, you all know this just have been the main event. Sorry Song, had to say it.

He says as he winks at the camera.

Jon Dough: Kain, this will be a great match for you to return to. I was around when you were winning championships in SCW I’m still here, so you know your going to get a good fight. I may have never won any singles titles like you have, but hey I won more tag team titles then most in SCW and were in a tag team match so I will go on a limb and say I have the advantage.

Not that it will be easy as I’m sure Mercedes already hit you up with the ins and outs on how to come at me.

Jon leans forward on his chair to get closer to the camera.

Jon Dough: Looks like I have to be ready for anything and everything, I can dig it! The fans can dig it. I hope you can kain.

Off Camera

Matt takes off the mask and hoodie, he then gets up and places it on the chair. He turns on ESPN and headds to the fridge for a beer as he gets ready to relax for tonight before flying out to Las Vegas tomorrow.
user posted image