Author Topic: Chapter 2: This Strange World  (Read 278 times)

Offline MelanieGabrielle

• View Profile
    • Melanie Gabrielle
Chapter 2: This Strange World
« on: October 06, 2017, 08:17:33 PM »
 Book 1: Reclaim
Chapter 2: This Strange World

Part 1: The vision (#NP: “Day of Night” from Silent Hill 2)
It felt like time was going slow for all the Magi-Blood in the world; that everyone’s heart was slowly beating to reflect what was going on. First it was the demi-gods dropping dead and then the battle where Anisim was brought back to the good side, then the timeline was screwed up. For Melanie, she knew that strange things were happening before her eyes. Ever since the rules were thrown out the window, it felt like she would always be on edge.

Melanie: What’s going on?

For the past day, it felt like Mel was in a fog; her head filled with the grey substance as she tried to go throughout her day.

Melanie: C’mon, focus.

It was getting hard for her to do anything by now.

Melanie: Maybe, I should sit.

Melanie opened the door to her office at Angel Corp. The whole building was silent minus for her footsteps. The noise time and time again would make Mel jump slightly.

Melanie: This hasn’t happened to me before.

Mel slipped into the chair and pressed the on switch for her PC.

PAT: Good morning Mrs.Devereux.

Melanie: Good morning PAT, we have some work to do. Could you please bring up the spread sheets from Rachel’s department?

PAT: One moment please.

Mel started now to feel a bit tired; she shook her head, trying to snap out of it. But slowly her vision started to blur out.

PAT: Your request has been approved.

Melanie: PAT call Sam! Emergency.

Mel’s vision turned black as she slipped.

Mel blinked her eyes and slowly opened them; the area she was in was pure white and her body was on whatever ground. Slowly Mel pulled herself up and started to look around. She was laying on flowers, the sky was white but not cloud white.

“Glad you’re awake.”

Mel looked to her left and saw the girl from the mirror.

Mel: You!

“Hello there, I guess you’re expecting answers; That’s why I summoned you here. I apologize the way I had to go about it.”

Mel: Who are you?

“I’m you, or well a younger you from the other timeline.”

Mel blinked in shock; she didn’t see this coming at all.

Mel: You’re me? Why are you here?

“To warn you; the timelines need to be fixed at all cost, yeah this seems like some Terminator ordeal but you know for us this is real. Do not trust Julia at all! She maybe an ally of your husband’s, but Athena was right. She had a hand in this, I’m not fully sure how though.”

Mel: But why a mirror?

“Simple, because mirrors are a powerful tool in craft. You know this.”

Mel nodded in agreement; She did know this and slowly she got up and walked over to herself.

Melanie: What do I have to do?

“Reverse the curse.”

Mel: Curse?!

The younger Mel nodded.

Mel: How?

“I can’t say sadly…time’s up.”

Mel’s vision once again blurred out.

Sam: Mel!?

Mel: Sam?

Mel opened her eyes and saw her husband above her.

Mel: A curse…

And that was the last thing she said before passing out.

Part 2: Time and Time again (#NP: “Kiss from a rose” cover by: The Northern Kings)
Melanie sat back and looked up towards the sky. The woman was at her home in Denmark, trying to figure out a plan for everything that has been going on. But she knew that her mind was bugging her about her match. Mel knew this was a chance to get more gold.

Melanie: The Bombshell Roulette Championship, the title that boost me into a star here at SCW. Once again I get a shot to get it back; I know that any type of match can happen and, I’ve seen the craziest like my barbwire ladder match, to a mud match to really anything. I know that this championship is very important to me. I’d do anything to get it back, including a gauntlet match. Ah, wouldn’t be the first time I’d go out to the ring and survive it.

Survival, that’s the word that you need in these types of matches. Expecting the unexpected because once that wheel stops, you need to survive.  I can’t wait to see what stops on but regardless, I know I’ll have two opponents. The first being whatever this match is and my true opponent. My good friend Samantha Marlowe, so this should be very interesting.

I can say that Sam deserves to be a champion; I’ve saw her rise, fall, beat the odds and, even fall to them. She’s worked so damn hard to get where she is now. Finally, I've set out to achieve what I wanted. I managed to overcome the odds, turn my luck around and avenge my previous loss. It takes a lot for someone to admit that she once was overcome with failure but she's gone ahead and turned the tables. Phew. I do feel far better now that I am through the contendership. Of course, that the pressure is on. That same pressure can significant harm a person's mentality but if there is one woman on this earth that can cope with it all, then it's yours truly.

But now, it comes down to Sam... what a fighter. Honestly, it's been some time since I've faced a woman of such strength. She is powerful and she is fierce. Very few in this business really fit into the same mold as Sam does so I do respect her for that.

I do perceive you to be a threat and I certainly won't fall into the trap of not taking you seriously. I have seen plenty of others do that and they certainly have paid but me? I appreciate your talents, Sam...with the level of determination I have within me, a loss just won't be acceptable.

I mean no disrespect to Sam because she is someone who clearly has passion and fight left within her. She doesn't quit and whether you respect her attitude or not, you do have to approve of her level of technique and in-ring skill. This is not a tactic that necessarily works in the favor of many but I am a veteran. I have been in this business long enough to understand the mentality of others. However, I sense in Sam a mentality... she is smart, she's is strong but she is punching above her weight at this point. Me, on the other hand? I am a former and even current multi-time champion and one of the few two-time Hall of Famers in the wrestling. I am therefore someone who is living proof that she can achieve precisely what she sets out to. I will therefore refuse to allow you to stand in my way.

I have no personal issues with you now, Sam, but you are standing in my way and I'm sure you can agree that is enough to want to push myself forward now more so than ever. I am perhaps known for my high levels of determination and I often refuse to give less than my absolute all. However, it's true that not everything has quite worked in my favor but on this occasion, I will not allow anybody to stand in my way. Currently, you are that target, Sam. You will perhaps feel as though I am over-thinking this and that I am perhaps even desperate on this occasion but I disagree. This is sheer determination. This is legitimate fire. Sam, I wish you tons of luck.

Fade to black.
user posted image