Author Topic: Evolution of Rage: Part 1  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
Evolution of Rage: Part 1
« on: May 15, 2017, 07:44:18 PM »
 (OOC note: So the first part of this would have been in my 2nd RP for ITV if I had found motivation and inspiration to write anything...which didn't happen until last night. Anyway..enjoy, as there is more to be told after this!)

The sun begins to peek in through the bedroom window, shining right in Rage’s face. He wasn’t ready to get up and out of bed. He was still more than exhausted, even considering last night was the best night’s sleep he remembered having in years. Kittie is still sound asleep next to him, and he would stay right where he’s at if the early morning piss call hadn’t suddenly hit him. A low grumble escapes him as he shoves the sheet and the blanket from off of him and throws his legs over the side of the bed, placing his feet flat on the floor. He stretches his arms and lets out a bear like yawn and pushes himself to his feet.

Shit, something doesn’t feel right. Why are his bones so damn achy this morning? That four corners match must have taken more out of him than he thought. No big deal. He’s got time to bounce back on the week off. He finally takes a step away from the bed, heading towards the bathroom, and when he unexpectedly lets out a loud fart!

Okay, being a guy or not, he’s not used to that happening. He let’s out a chuckle though as he heads into the bathroom and towards the toilet. He flips the seat up, positions himself and starts to relieve himself as he another fart rip loose!

Rage: Okay...what the fuck is with the gas this morning?! Seriously?!

He finishes doing his business, flushes the toilet and then heads over to the sink to wash his hands. He doesn’t look into the mirror at first, but when he shakes he excess water from his hands after rinsing the soap off, he looks up into the mirror for a split second. He glances down, but when his reflection finally hits him, he looks up at the mirror again quickly, in a panic!

Rage: What the fucking fuck?!

This isn’t possible. This can’t be possible. How’d he age that much overnight?! And more importantly, how the fuck did he grow a clean shaven beard and mustache like that?! And hair! He had hair again!

Rage: What the fuck is going on?!?!

He touches the mirror, thinking this can’t be real, but it is. He brings his hands up to his head and pulls at his hair, in full on panic mode now. When he turns around to storm out of the bathroom, Kittie is standing there, looking at him in confused horror.

Kittie: Jake? What’s wrong?!

Jake? Did she just call him Jake?!

Rage: W-what did you just call me?! Kittie, what the fuck is--

Wait a minute. Something was off. He’s not in the bathroom of his and Kittie’s hotel room like he thought. He knew where they were, but...how? They were just in New York so how could they be back home in Las Vegas?!

Rage: H-how did we get back home?!

Kittie raises an eyebrow and takes a step towards him, concern written all over her face.

Kittie: Jake, what are you talking about? We’ve been home! Are you feeling okay?

He starts shaking his head furiously before he storms past here, back into their bedroom. A strange sound coming from the room just down the hall causes him to freeze in place and listen carefully. Now that...THAT definitely isn’t possible! Kittie stands behind him, staring at him still concerned and a few moments later a little boy, only a few years old at most, runs into the room and right up to Rage, throwing his arm around Rage’s leg!

Boy: Daaaaddddyyy!

Da...WHAT?! Rage looks down at the little boy, unable to move. Who is this kid? Why the hell is he calling him Daddy?! Rage looks behind him at Kittie, but she walks up to the little boy, scooping him up into her arms and a few moments later, a flame-haired teenage girl walks into the room, holding a younger little girl, less than a year old, in her arms.

Rage: E-ember?!

Rage immediately recognizes her. She’s older, yes, but that was definitely his and Electra’s daughter standing there...in his house...with a baby in her arms!

Ember: Ugh. Kittie, has Dad been on the sauce again?

Kittie: Hell if I know. Jacob, sweetie, calm down!

Jacob? She just called the little boy in her arms Jacob. So...whose baby is Ember holding?

Rage: I...What the...WHO?!

Rage points to the baby in Ember’s arms.

Ember: Dad, are you high?! If you are, I’ll just put Sarah back in her crib, but she prefers you in the mornings…

Rage: Sarah? Jacob? Ember???

This is all too confusing for him. Kittie adjusts Jacob in her arms as he squirms and fidgets, fighting to get put down. But she knows the second she does, he’ll take off like a bat out of hell, and she’s too concerned with Rage...er, Jake, right now.

Kittie: Jake, why are you looking at the kids like you’ve never seen them before?

Rage spins and stares at Kittie, and little Jacob in her arms, who is reaching out towards Rage.

Rage: Because I haven’t! This...this isn’t real! Kittie, we were just in New York last night for Into The Void! And now you’re telling me that we have two kids?! And what is Ember doing here?!

Ember stares at her father, trying not to laugh.

Ember: Riiiiight. This is my cue to head back to my room. Dad, you really need to lay off the sauce. You make yourself look like a fool.

Ember then walks away, laughing, as she takes baby Sarah back to the nursery and then disappears into her own room. Kittie stays behind, but Jacob is giving her a hard time so she finally puts him down.

Kittie: Alright, Jacob. Fine! Go get Ember and play with her for a little bit while I talk to Daddy.

Jacob then takes off running out of the room, squealing and laughing. A few moments later, Ember can be heard shouting as Jacob runs into her room. Kittie walks over to their bedroom door, closing it so they can talk privately.

Kittie: Alright. What the hell is going on with you?! You’re acting really strange right now.

Rage grips at his head as he looks around the room. This was definitely their room. In their house in Las Vegas, but the entire situation was not familiar to him.

Rage: I’m telling you, Kittie, I don’t know what the hell--

Kittie: Ok, you mentioned Into The Void in New York. Jake, that was four years ago!

Rage: Why do you keep calling me Jake?!

Kittie stares at Rage, mouth gaped open and eyes wide. She runs her hand through her hair, trying to wrap her head around his behavior.

Kittie: Uhh...maybe because that’s your name? We’ve been calling you Jake for a while now.

Rage: It is NOT my fucking name!

Kittie takes a step towards Rage, sending him a warning glare.

Kittie: Would you keep your voice down if you’re going to swear like that again?!

She speaks through gritted teeth and Rage backs up, shaking his head. He collapses down onto the edge of the bed, still gripping his head.

Rage: Wh-what...what happened to me? Did I get hit over the head too hard or something? I..I can’t figure out what the fuck is going on!

Kittie: Jake....Rage...

He looks up at her, still in a complete panic. Beads of sweat start to drip down his head and he slowly starts hyperventilating. Kittie walks up to him, placing her hands on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

Kittie: Look, I guess I have to remind you about what happened, but...J2H won the title back that night, Rage. You tried to stay in the game, but...you couldn’t. You retired a couple of months later and we came back home. Good thing, too, because we found out I was pregnant with Jacob not long after that.

Rage closes his eyes. He tries to remember, but he can’t. The last thing he remembers was walking out of Into The Void without the title and then waking up here. Four years later?

Rage: Four years? Four years?!

He looks up at Kittie and she nods.

Kittie: I don’t know what is going on, but yeah. Four years. This is what you wanted, though. I didn’t force any of this on you, and we’ve been pretty damn happy actually. Things are great.

Rage points towards the door as if pointing out to the hall.

Rage: And Ember?

Kittie: You...you really don’t remember any of it?

Rage shakes his head and stands up quickly, smacking his head, trying to jog his memory he thinks he lost.

Rage: No! None of this makes sense, Kittie! I...We...TWO KIDS?!

The room starts spinning, and he lurches forward, feeling like he’s going to be sick. Kittie runs up to her man, placing a concerned hand on his back but it all becomes too much for the big man to handle and he passes out right then and there, his head smacking against the floor with a loud THUD!

And just like that his eyes burst open, and he’s staring up at the ceiling of the darkened room. He bolts upright in the bed and looks around in a panic. Kittie is sound asleep next to him, somehow not woken up by his night terror. He’s breathing heavily, but as he looks around the room, realizing it was all a dream, he starts to quickly calm down.

Rage: A dream...It was all a fucking dream.

He takes in a deep breath and swings his legs over the edge of the bed, planting his feet on the floor. He places his hands on his knees, breathing slowly as he looks up and out the patio door at the New York City Skyline.

Into The Void VI wasn’t the night that Rage was expecting or hoping for. Once again he walked in as the World Heavyweight Champion, but walked out with nothing at all. J2H had done it. He had regained the World Heavyweight Championship, now making him a two-time champ and Rage a further embarrassment to all champions. He didn’t know what was happening. He felt himself going on a downward spiral and his career quickly fading into nothing, making everything that J2H had said about him right. And, of course, it just made him angry.

But not at J2H. Not at anyone else. No, it made him angry at himself. For allowing this to happen to him. For only having himself to blame as he grows into a bigger disappointment and embarrassment to everyone around him and everyone in SCW. And he had no idea what to do about it. His anger this time left him stark frozen.

In the back of his mind he wanted to go nuts. He wanted to storm backstage and destroy everything like he had done a few weeks ago after losing the title to Jeremiah Hardin. But he didn’t. This time he was left almost catatonic. He was left speechless for the most part, that much was clear. Kittie had followed closely behind him after the match and she was surprised when all he wanted to do was head back to the hotel for the night.

Instead of heading back to Las Vegas right away, he opted to stay one more night in New York City. And far be it from Kittie to try and persuade him to do otherwise. She was in no hurry to get back to Las Vegas, either. So they went back to the hotel and to her surprise, Rage had actually fallen asleep before she did. He passed out cold...practically dead to the world.

But here he is now, wide awake at three o’clock in the morning, staring out at New York City. He closes his eyes and tries to process everything running through his mind right now, but he can’t. And that dream...or was it a nightmare? Whatever it was, it gave him even more to think about as at least one aspect was a reality.

J2H recaptured the World Heavyweight Championship, and he had no idea what to do about his future in SCW. Not that he had to make any decisions right away. As he continues to think, he turns around and stares at Kittie fast asleep in the bed. He glances down to his left hand, and the wedding band now placed on his ring finger. It was something he never thought he’d ever see. But he wouldn’t change it.

He walks back over to the bed and crawls in under the covers again, getting as close to Kittie as he can. But he’s not about to wake her up for a late night(or is it early morning?) roll in the hay.

Instead, he just wraps his arm around her and closes his eyes, trying to fall back asleep…

TBC...