Author Topic: Blast From the Past Throwback  (Read 273 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Blast From the Past Throwback
« on: April 07, 2017, 11:01:14 PM »
 Blast From The Past. The one tournament every year in which both the men and Bombshells look forward to tossing their name into the fold. The winning team wins a guaranteed World title shot for their respective divisions. Before the teams are drawn at random, however, everyone quietly hopes they will get teamed with a partner they can trust to lead them to the world title shot. And those that don’t are thinking that, no matter who they are teamed with, they have the tournament in the bag, as they have faith they can carry the team to the Blast From The Past title. I’ve been in this tournament several times so I know what I’m talking about here.

The one thing I have learned with this tournament, is that it takes an incredible amount of trust and teamwork. It may be mixed tag team rules where the men and women can’t fight each other, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t count on your partner to do their part of the work. I admit my mistake in purposely getting me and Thatcher Rex disqualified back in the very first tournament in 2013 just shy of us making it to the finals. Thatcher and I didn’t exactly see eye to eye as it was, and we were facing the team of Jordan Williams and my most hated rival at the time, Odette Ryder, now Stevens. If I hadn’t done what I did, we could have very well won the whole thing, but I didn’t care at the time.

The second year Odette and I would face off in the tournament again, this time in the very first round. I didn’t make the same mistake as the year before, and it was Odette proving once again that she was the better wrestler between the two of us. It was tough being eliminated in the very first round, especially by Odette, but things happen. And it just wasn’t meant to be that year. Odette and Steve.

And then there was 2015. The very last time I was in the six-sided ring of SCW, competitively speaking anyway. It was a difficult few months to say the least, and after the teams were announced and Andrew Watts and I were teamed together, the future of our time in the tournament was in real jeopardy. Many might remember-pun intended-the amnesia I went through following a vicious attack at Inception that year. I didn’t just forget certain parts of my life. No, I couldn’t remember anything, including who I was or even how to wrestle. How could I be expected to make it through the tournament if I didn’t even know how to wrestle?

A lot of people were expecting me to drop out of the tournament and focus on my health and getting my memory back. But not only did the doctors not know when or even IF I would regain my memory, I wasn’t sure if that would happen either. I wanted my memory to come back, but with something like that, you just can’t be sure.

Melody, Roxi and O’Malley were the three most important people involved in my recovery that year. They supported me and helped me tremendously...well, as much as I would let them. Melody and Roxi even helped to retrain me some basic moves and maneuvers to get me through the tournament. I was determined not to let Andrew down, and in the end, it all worked out. Somehow...some way...we were able to win the whole damn tournament even though I couldn’t remember a damn thing. Pretty impressive, right?

So, there we were, with our guaranteed shots at the World Heavyweight and World Bombshell titles at the following supercard. There was no way Andrew was going to give up his shot at the title, that I knew. But as for me? I had other plans. And I let everyone watching know just what I had planned on the following Climax Control.

I gave it up. I forfeited my World Bombshell Championship opportunity and I officially retired from wrestling. A lot of people were surprised by my decision, but I’m sure just many weren’t either. I had done everything I thought I could in SCW. If there is one thing I knew, it was that when I made the decision to retire, I wanted to go out on my terms. I wanted to go out on a high note, and retiring after a big victory like I did with Andrew Watts in the Blast From the Past tournament, I thought it was the perfect time.

If I could go back in time and do it all over again, I’m not sure I would make the same decision. I could have become a four-time World Bombshell Champion, and I gave it all up. Ultimately, it all worked out though, as I found out just a couple of weeks later that I was pregnant with Owen, but I’ll always still wonder what if.

But what I didn’t tell people is that following my retirement, when I flew back to Las Vegas, there was something important I had to deal with. There was someone I had to confront, and it had everything to do with what I went through those last few months. And...it was also a factor in my decision to retire.

I had to confront the person who attacked me...because, even though I had no solid proof, I knew who it was.

**FLASHBACK**
March 25th, 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada

So many things were running through my mind as I was driving to the one place I wa hoping I would get some closure over the past few months. I wasn’t entirely sure going there would be where to find the person I was looking for, but I knew it was a good start at least. And if she wasn’t there, I would just have to wait and hope she would appear again somehow.

As luck would have it, though, I knew by the oversized pickup truck in the parking lot of the once abandoned building that, at the very least, someone who maybe knew where to find her was there. I never imagined myself coming back to this place. After all, I did call it home for a short while during the dark days when I allowed myself to be called the Queen of the Damned and spent my days here in this building, being waited on hand and foot by five disciples. Definitely not one of my prouder moments, but those days are over, anyway.

I park my car next to the pickup truck and look at the building for a moment before I make the decision to get out of my car. I see the familiar shape of one of the men I know on the second floor, glancing out the window at me, but he backs away quickly and I can only assume he is about to come confront me. I walk slowly through the chain link fence surrounding the building and up to the entrance where I am about to ring the doorbell, but I’m not even given that change.

The door swings open and I come face to face with one of my former disciples. His look hasn’t changed much, and if anything, he’s only more menacing. He’s clad in only his boxers and he’s glaring down at me, no hint of joy in seeing me here.

“What are you doing here?” He barks at me, but I am not afraid of him.

I smile briefly and I don’t move an inch before I respond back. “Hello, Zane. It’s good to see you, too.”

He folds his arms and leans against the door frame, his eyes narrowing at me. “I guess you couldn’t tell by the way I asked that question that, no, it is not good to see you here.” He replies, and I can only shake my head. None of them were happen with me when I denounced the Queen of the Damned alter ego and told them to go on their own way, but at the very least I was hoping for some sort of attitude change.

“I guess I should have figured you would treat me this way.” I say, trying to look past him and inside the building. He notices this and blocks me every time. “Well, I think it’s obvious I didn’t come here to get the group back together.”

“Then why did you come here?” He barks at me again, clearly wanting me to turn around and just leave.

“I think you know why I’m here, Zane.” I look up at him, folding my arms. “You know where she is, don’t you?” He raises an eyebrow, pretending to not know what or who I am referring to, but even he knows that I’m not that stupid to believe he doesn’t know. He shakes his head and I let out a frustrated sigh.

“Oh, come on!” I make it a point to raise my voice, because something tells me she’s here. “Ruby! I know you know where Ruby is, Zane. So just--” I’m quickly interrupted by her just as menacing, yet somewhat beautiful sounding voice.

“Step aside, Zane.”

Zane quickly does as he is told and looks behind him, as do I. It takes a few moments for her to come into view, but the minute she does, all the emotions...the memories...come flooding back to me. Ruby, my most loyal disciple of them all, appears before me, clad in nothing but a knee length dark red silk robe. Her hair is pulled up into a messy bun, and given her appearance as well as Zane’s, I imagine I had interrupted something more than just a conversation between the two.

“Well, well, well,” she says slowly and takes another step towards me. “What a pleasant surprise. Welcome home, my Queen.” This sends a chill up my spine and I can see a look of surprise appear on Zane’s face. He is about to speak up, but Ruby holds her hand up,with her back still facing him, and he immediately freezes in place.

“I need to speak with you in private, Ruby.” I focus all of my attention on her. Zane takes a step forward and stands next to Ruby, very protectively, as he glares at me.

“Anything you need to--” He tries to speak, but Ruby again holds her hand up, silencing him. She turns and looks up at him as he looks deep into her eyes.

“It is fine, Zane.” She says calmly to him and runs her hand over his cheek as lovingly as she is capable of doing. “She’s not going to hurt me. Go on back upstairs. We can finish what we started in a little while.”

He closes his eyes, grabs her hand and brings it to his lips, kissing it softly. When he opens his eyes again, he looks at me one final time, almost warning me not to try anything. I just nod, hoping to reassure him and he turns and walks away. Once he is out of view, Ruby turns back to me, now glaring at me full force.

“How dare you,” she snarls and takes a step towards me. “This is no longer your home, Misty. You are not welcome here.”

I laugh and nod my head, showing I’m not intimidated by her. “Oh, I know. But, I think you know very well that I’m not here to be your Queen again. I think you know why I’m here.”

She folds her arms and lets out a slight laugh as she turns her head up at me. “You speak in riddles, apparently. I haven’t the slightest idea what you are doing here.”

“Oh really?” I say slowly...calmly. “So you mean to tell me that the conversation between you and O’Malley I overheard a few weeks ago seems to have slipped your mind? I know you were the one who attacked me, Ruby.” She stares at me with intensity, and I glare right back. I’m not leaving here until she admits to it, and I hope she knows.

“Is that what your precious Irishman told you?” She asks me with a hint of danger shining through.

I laugh and shake my head. “He didn’t have to tell me, Ruby. I heard everything he said, so I was able to put two and two together. I don’t know how you got O’Malley involved, or why, but it was a huge mistake on your part.”

She throws her head back and laughs. “It really wasn’t that difficult.” She says as she looks back to me. “Men are drawn to me, Misty. All I had to do was approach him and he melted like butter.”

I feel my nostrils flare, and my stomach retched at the thought of Ruby and O’Malley together. “Oh, please, Ruby. We both know that you throwing yourself at any man who will touch you is just a facade. We both know just who it it is that you really want.” I quickly let me tension ease up as I try to play the part. I step slowly towards her, bringing my hand to her cheek, caressing it. “You’re a beautiful woman, Ruby. All I have to do is say the words and I could have you melting like butter.”

She quickly swats my hand away from her cheek. “Nonsense!” She snarls. “I was a fool to ever allow myself to feel such a way about you.”

I laugh. “Keep telling yourself that, but I know you, Ruby. Any man you get involved with, is a way to try and make me jealous. Maybe to get me to suddenly declare my love for you. You played Max Burke. You apparently played O’Malley and now you’re playing Zane.”

She glares at me and I can sense that she wants nothing more than to attack me. In a way, I want her to. But something is holding he back, and I don’t know what. She eventually laughs again and takes a step back.

“You should turn around and leave,” she says, but I shake my head. “I might have had no problem attacking you a couple of months ago, but I am not evil enough to attack someone in your...condition.”

I’m suddenly left confused as I think about her words. Condition? What on earth was she talking about? Before I can open my mouth to respond, she holds her hand up and it’s now me who stays silent.

“Ahh, so you don’t know just yet, I see.” She says, and her eyes fall down to my stomach. “I can sense it from here, Misty. I’d say it’s a blessing you decide to retire, but I would see a doctor soon. But don’t attempt to call Dr. Lord. He only sees important patients, which you are not.”

“Ruby, what are you talking about?!” I shout, and I’m half tempted to just kick her ass right here and now. But I know Zane is watching on from upstairs.

“You’ll know soon enough.” She says before she turns her back to me. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, Zane is waiting for me upstairs. Do not come back, Misty. Our business is finished.” She says back to me as she closes the door behind her and disappears back upstairs.

I’m left standing there for a few moments, confused and trying to figure out what she was talking about. But after a few moments I quickly shake my head and think nothing of it. Ruby knew how to get under my skin and she had done just that. But she had also said the words and admitted she was the one who attacked me and left me without my memory.

And that was all I needed.

Looking back, I shouldn’t have let Ruby’s attack play any part in my decision to retire. Attacks that vicious and that personally motivated are few and far between in this business, but I guess deep down, a huge part of me knew it was time. And after that confrontation with Ruby, the feeling was even stronger. It weighed on my mind for a little over a week before I finally decided to schedule an appointment with the doctor. And here were are, almost two years later and I have a handsome little boy.

So why come back? Why, after two years, would I return to SCW in the Blast From the Past when making it past the first round isn’t even guaranteed? I’ve asked myself those same questions for the last few weeks, and I’m not even one hundred percent sure. Last year’s tournament was the first, and now only, tournament I have no competed in. Last year I had no desire to be a surprise entrant.

This year, though? Something was pulling at me. I had that desire to return to the ring, if only temporarily, and make an impact once again. True I’ve already cemented my name in the Hall of Fame. But I can’t explain it.

Regardless of what the new “good boss”, Mark Ward says, it isn’t about the attention for me. I can’t convince him otherwise, and I’m done trying, but wrestling has been part of my life for over fifteen years. As great as my life is outside of the ring, there’s always going to be that moment that creeps up, begging me to return to the ring.

And it just so happens that this time, it’s put a lot more stress on my life than I thought it would. So much that I’m wondering if it was even worth it…

Tampa, Florida
The Home of Roxi & Keira Johnson
**OFF CAMERA**

In just a couple days I will be wrestling my first match in a little over two years. I’m both nervous and excited at the same time, and after spending the past couple of weeks in Chicago with my family, I’m making a detour to Florida before heading to Detroit for Climax Control.

The last couple of weeks have been hard on me. The hardest in the last few years because after finding out that I would be teaming with Brother Grimm in the Blast From the Past tournament, I made the decision that it was safest for Owen not to travel with me or be anywhere near that...man...for the duration of the tournament. It was a lot to ask Roxi and Keira, but I knew they would be more than happy to take care of him. That and they were the only ones I could really trust to keep him safe.

My family wasn’t happy about it. Dixie in particular, but her attitude was a little off lately anyway. Something told me I knew the reason why, but far be it from me to poke that bear at a time like this. I’m sure we’ll all find out in time, so it’s not important right now.

Owen is. And it warmed my heart when I walked into Roxi and Keira’s home, saw my son for the first time in two weeks, and had him run into my arms with a big smile.

“Mama!” He squealed as I crouched down to his level and wrapped my arms around him. Roxi was standing next to me and Keira was just a few feet away with Nate in her arms.

“Hey my handsome little man!” I squealed happily right back. “Oh I’m so glad to see you! I was afraid you wouldn’t be happy to see me again.”

When I unwrap my arms, he backs away with a giggle, turns around and runs right back to Keira. I frown, but Roxi smiles with a laugh. “Trust me, Misty, he’s missed you. He’s had his tearful moments where he cries for you, but we keep him as happy as we can.” She says and it almost breaks my heart.

“I don’t know Roxi,” I say as I get back to my feet and watch as he starts interacting with Nate. Nate cracks a smile and giggles at Owen and it just melts my heart all over again. “Maybe I made a mistake in going through with this tournament, especially now that I know that Brother Grimm is my partner.” The two of us walk over to the sofa and take a seat. Keira keeps occupied with Nate and Owen, giving Roxi and I a chance to talk.

“Don’t start thinking like that, Misty.” She says, trying to reassure me. For a moment it works, but the more I watch Owen, the more I can’t help but doubt my entire decision to stay in the tournament. “Besides, how long you’re in the tournament isn’t exactly guaranteed. You and Grimm could get eliminated this week for all you know.”

I turn my head and glance at her, trying not to crack a cocky smile, but judging by the smile she returns, I know I fail. “True, Roxi, but come on. Kris Halc and Polly Playtime? I might have been out of the ring in two years, but I think Brother Grimm and I can handle them.”

Roxi shrugs and says, “True, but stranger things have happened, Misty. I don’t know Polly Playtime very well, but what I’ve seen of her, she’s not one to be taken lightly. And neither is Kris. Both can be unpredictable at times.”

“I know.” I say with a nod. “Anyway, I don’t really want to talk about that right now. I just want to focus on visiting with you guys before I have to leave and focus on my match.” As I finish my sentence, Owen walks over to me, bringing a toy with him. He hands it to me and I don’t hesitate to engage him with whatever he expects from me. And just as quickly as he walked over to me, he takes the toy out of my hands and heads right back over to Keira and Nate.

“So...I hate to bring this up, especially now,” Roxi starts as we both turn and look at one another. “But you never did tell me what happened with O’Malley. I thought you two were so happy together and looking forward to getting married. What changed so suddenly?”

I let out a sigh and look back to Owen. He looks so much like O’Malley, it almost hurts. “I thought we were happy, too, but I guess things change. It doesn’t really matter now because he’s back in Ireland now, and I’m here with Owen. O’Malley is free to do whatever he wants. I’m not going to force him to be a part of my life or a part of Owen’s. I can raise Owen just fine by myself.”

“Have you even tried calling him?” She asks and I can tell how much this hurts her. “I mean, I don’t get it. I don’t get how he can just up and leave and walk away from Owen like that.”

“Relax, Rox.” Keira suddenly chimes in and we both look over to her. “Misty clearly isn’t ready to talk about it so there is no need to push her into it.”

“It’s okay, Keira.” I say while I’m looking directly at Nate. I smile and wave to him and he cracks a smile but his attention is quickly drawn back to Owen. “Roxi, it’s not really a big deal. I mean, I was upset at first, obviously, but my number one priority is my kids. I’m not going to waste my time wallowing in self-pity over another failed relationship.”

“I guess I was just really hoping you’d get your happy ending this time.” Roxi replies.

“I know, Roxi. And I’m grateful for that.” I turn and look at her, giving her a reassuring smile. “But my happy ending is and always will be my kids. I don’t need a man to complete my life. Well, except this handsome little man.” I say as Owen walks back up to me and I give him a quick hug. He backs away after a moment and takes the two steps over to Roxi, demanding attention from her now.

“That I can totally understand.” She says in agreement as Owen becomes fascinated with her hands. “But what if O’Malley comes back? Do you think he will?”

Her question catches me off guard, as I honestly hadn’t thought about when or if my now former fiancee would come back, but I shrug my shoulders. “I honestly don’t know. I mean, I’d hope he’d come back to at least see Owen, but do I think he’ll come back and want to fix things with me? I don’t know. I don’t know if I even want him to at this point.”

Roxi frowns at me. Deep down, I know she truly liked O’Malley and wanted to see the two of us end up together, but as I said...things change. I decide to quickly end the conversation as I kneel down off the couch and head over to Keira, Nate and Owen, giving Nate some attention. Owen shoves his way back into the picture, clearly displeased with my showing affection to another little boy. We all share a laugh at his display when the doorbell suddenly rings.

Roxi looks up and over to the door. “That’s weird. We weren’t expecting anymore company today, were we Keira?” She asks.

“Not that I’m aware of.” Keira says, shaking her head.

Roxi lets out a confused “hmm” and stands up. She walks over to the door and swings it open. I’m paying no mind to who their unexpected visitor is, but I’m suddenly intrigued at Roxi’s reaction.

“Oh...Oh my!” She says, surprised. “This could get...awkward.”

I hear a very familiar voice follow, but it couldn’t be who I’m thinking it could be...Could it?

“Who is it, Rox?” Keira looks up and asks. Roxi turns and looks at her, an unsure expression on her face.

“May I come in, love?” The man at the door asks, and I know then that my suspicions are confirmed.

My head shoots up and I quickly look behind me at Roxi. She’s almost asking if it’s okay to let him into her own house. I can’t tell her not to, so I slowly nod at her. As I slowly stand up and stare in their direction, I’m left at a loss for words as I come face to face with O’Malley for the first time in almost two months.

“Misty. I...I wasn’t expecting ye to be here.” He says, equally shocked to see me.

I fold my arms and feel my eyes narrowing angrily at him. “What are you doing here, O’Malley?”

O’Malley looks at me for a few moments before he turns his attention to Roxi. “I’m sorry to drop by like this, love. It’s just that I heard ye were watching me boy. I...I had no idea Misty would be here at the same time.”

“Oh really?!” My blood starts boiling and Roxi quickly steps over to me, ready to try and calm me down. “So instead of calling ME to figure out a time to see your son, you decided to just drop by Roxi and Keira’s unannounced for some quality time with him?!”

“Misty...please try to calm down.” Roxi says, always being the voice of reason. She turns back to respond to O’Malley, but he’s giving me his full attention now.

“I was gonna call ye soon, love. I swear!” He says, trying to defend himself, but it doesn’t matter to me at the moment. “I just knew they were taking care of him so I figured it was pointless to reach out to ye yet.”

I shake my head and grasp at my hair. I feel myself start to shake with rage as Roxi puts her hands on my shoulders. Before I can respond, Owen sprints over to O’Malley as fast as his little legs will take him.

“Dada!” He squeals, holding his arms up towards O’Malley. O’Malley reaches down and scoops him up into his arms.

“Owen me boy!” Far be it from me to ruin their happy reunion, but I don’t share in Owen’s excitement.

“I...I need to go for a walk.” I’m shaking so bad, refusing to look at O’Malley as I’m heading towards the door. “I’ll be back in a little while, Roxi. I just need some space while they spend some time together.”

“You shouldn’t be alone. I’ll go with you.” Roxi says back to me, trying to head out the door with me, but I shake my head at her.

“No, it’s okay.” I reassure her. “I’ll be fine.”

“Misty, love--” O’Malley tries to stop me, but he shuts up as soon as I glare at him, quietly attempting to kill him in my mind.

I turn and head out the door, needing to clear my head. And a long walk around the neighborhood or two should do just the trick...I hope.

An hour later…

An hour was more than enough time for me to clear my head and think about what I would say to O’Malley once I got back to Roxi and Keira’s. Even though I’m still angry, I’m not going to go the route of starting a full blown argument with O’Malley, especially when the both of us were guests as it was. No, I would try to talk calm and rationally with him, if only for the sake of our son.

Once I get back to Roxi and Keira’s home, however, I’m surprised to see the two of them outside with the boys. O’Malley is nowhere to be found, but I look around for him anyway.

“Where’s O’Malley?” I ask as I walk up to Roxi and take Owen into my arms. His eyes are red and puffy as if he had just been crying, and he lays his head on my shoulder, visibly upset.

“He left a few minutes ago.” Roxi tells me and I narrow my eyes angrily once again. “He wasn’t sure how much longer you were going to be gone, but he felt it best he wasn’t here when you got back.”

I roll my eyes and rub Owen’s back, doing my best to comfort him. But even a mother’s love isn’t quite enough when he’s heartbroken over his father leaving. “Figures. He can’t even be bothered to spend more than an hour with his son after being gone for two months.”

Roxi runs her hand through Owen’s hair, also trying to comfort him, but he looks away from her, only wanting me. “He meant well, Misty. I don’t know what happened between the two of you, but I think you two should talk about it, soon. Aside from right before Owen was born, I’ve never seen you so angry with him before.”

“He left, Roxi.” I state with a shrug. “He was mad at me because I decided to go back to SCW, even temporarily, and he left. I can’t help but be angry with him.”

Keira walks up and stands next to me, holding Nate in her arms. She holds him close to Owen, trying to cheer him up and to my surprise it actually works as when Nate makes a funny noise, Owen lets out a giggle and starts playing with him.

“Well…” Roxi starts, thinking her next words over carefully. “Try not to worry about it right now. You need to focus on your match this weekend, and getting upset because of O’Malley will not do you or...Brother Grimm...any good in this tournament.” I can’t help but crack a smile when Roxi hesitates before saying Brother Grimm’s name. “Speaking of which, when are you heading to Detroit?”

“My flight is tonight.” I say, disappointed. I want nothing more than to stay longer and be with Owen a little longer, but even I know I can’t. “So, I need to spend as much time with you two and Owen as I can. I’ll be back soon, I promise.”

“Maybe sooner if you and Brother Grimm get eliminated this weekend.” Keira chimes in.

Both Roxi and I look to Keira, frowns on our faces and she quickly regrets how that came across.

“No worries, Keira.” I say before she has a chance to apologize. “You’re pretty much right anyway. I’m not exactly sure how teaming with Brother Grimm is going to go, so everything is up in the air. Now what do you say we all head back inside and try to have a good visit?”

“Sounds perfect to me.” Roxi replies.

“I was just going to suggest that because I think Nate needs a diaper change.” Keira adds in.

I pat Owen’s little behind gently and he lets out another giggle, thankfully returning to his happy self as we all head back inside to enjoy our visit. I try my best to keep my mind off of O’Malley the rest of the visit, but his voice and the image of his face lingers in the back of my mind, wondering just when the next time I will see him is.

It’s almost time. I’m so close to making my return to the ring in this year’s Blast From the Past tournament, and if I’m honest, I’m not sure how I am supposed to feel anymore. What started out as excitement when I added my name to the list of entrants just a couple of months ago, has quickly turned to anxiety and if I’m honest, even fear.

I haven’t been in the ring in two years. I’m not familiar with many of the faces on the roster this year, and even worse, I’m teaming with a...man...that not only tormented my oldest son, but also has this unnatural desire to take my youngest child...my handsome little man, Owen. How am I supposed to set all those feelings aside and team with Brother Grimm and work well with him in hopes of getting both of us a shot at the World titles? And a better question, how am I supposed to put up with that woman that is affiliated with him somehow- Belladonna Grey?!

I don’t know if I really thought this through before I made this decision. I’m all too familiar with the risks involved with signing up for this tournament, but this could be my toughest year yet. But if there is one thing I’m glad I don’t have to worry about right now it’s Owen, because he’s safe and he’s as far away from Brother Grimm as possible. I still hate being away from him, but it’s a sacrifice I had to make to keep him safe.

And now it’s time to really focus. I have to dedicate all of my energy and attention to being as ready as possible for this first round match, but also trying to be prepared for what Brother Grimm and I could be up against should we advance to the second round. Three tough teams have already secured their spot for the second round and all three of them could be big problems for Grimm and I.

Lord Raab and Evie Baang...psycho and psychoer. Is psychoer even a word? No? Oh well, it fits the situation so sue me if you don’t like it. I’ve kept tabs on most everything in SCW since I’ve been gone and if there is one person I don’t ever want to be near, it’s Lord Raab. Then again, I’m sure Grimm could handle him just fine. As far as me possibly going up against Evie Baang? That...I’m not so sure about. That woman is a loose cannon and just watching her feud with Alexis was enough to deter me from ever wanting to step into the ring with her.

And how about Max Burke and Mercedes Vargas? Interesting team up there, but they have all the potential in the world. I’m excited to see Max back in the ring, but as a possible challenger? Not so sure. I’m liking his new attitude, though. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this Max Burke. Mercedes Vargas is a whole different story. It’s like nothing has changed with her, because she’s right back with the Mean Girls like she was last time I was around. Little more vicious, but I’m familiar with her so I could hold my own against her.

Dax Beckett and Amy Marshall...HA! That is an team on the verge of self-destruction right there. Not a whole lot I can say about them. Dax is a little too cocky for his own good, and as accomplished as Amy Marshall is, I’m confident that even after two years of retirement I could handle her in the ring.

The rest of the teams will be decided this coming week, but before I get down to addressing my and Grimm’s opponents this week, there’s one Bombshell I need to address, as she seemed to have a few choice words to say about me. I’m not exactly sure what I did to piss her off so bad, considering she’s been out of the ring longer than I have, but Brandi Shotze needs to be taught a lesson. I don’t know if she and Jeremiah Hardin will make it to the second round, but after watching her promo, I have to say, I’m almost praying for it. And I’m praying Brother Grimm and I get booked against those two, because what I wouldn’t give to smack her around a bit.

Seriously, that woman- and I use that term very loosely- used to be someone I thoroughly enjoyed watching compete in the ring. She’s got it all. She’s entertaining as all hell and she’s got an attitude that she knows how to use in the ring, but what she said about me? The shots she clearly took at me were just uncalled for and it seems like she’s taking a page out of Mark Ward’s book of insults because the both of them seem to be under the impression that I’m begging for all sorts of attention, but I’m not. I could sit here and defend myself until I’m blue in the face but it wouldn’t make one lick of difference in their opinions of me. I’ve never done anything personal to Brandi Shotze in the past, but if she wants a fight with me, I’ll gladly give it to her no problem. Good luck to her and Jeremiah, though. Personally, I’m looking forward to seeing her send Amanda Whore...oops...Cortez...back to where she came from.

Buuuuut...let’s not get to carried away, right? I’m not facing either of them this week, as much as I’d love to be, because at least I’m familiar with them. Unfortunately, the first round for Brother Grimm and I could turn out to be our biggest threat as we’ve got the interesting combination of Kris Halc and Polly Playtime. Let’s start with the one half of this time I’m at least FAMILIAR with...Kris Halc.

Funny little story about Kris. The last time I was in SCW, he was around, too. And, as much as my opinion has changed of him right now, I couldn’t stand the guy back then. Specifically because of his attitude towards me when I had amnesia. Naturally some people would sling out their jokes and even call me a faker or what have you, and Kris here was the one joking about it. Talk about insensitive, but I’m sure Kris wouldn’t even deny that, would he?

Regardless of his attitude, and the fact that he was stupid enough to have a child with Liz Smalls, I actually like Kris. He’s a hell of a competitor, and if he really applied himself, he could accomplish a lot more than he already has here in SCW. I’m sure that’s why he entered this tournament. Because he has that itch to get a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. His time as a tag team champion with his brother is over...for now. And he has everything it takes to be the top gun in SCW.

But...if there is anything Brother Grimm and I have to say about it, he won’t be getting that shot from winning this tournament. Kris has grown up tremendously over the last few years, but adding Blast From the Past tournament champion to his list of achievements is something I’m hoping won’t be in his future. It’s nothing personal. It’s just unfortunate luck for him and Polly.

Polly.  Polly Playtime. Well there is an interesting name if I’ve ever heard one before. I gotta admit, walking into this match is going to be almost like a shot in the dark because I have no clue what to expect from this girl. I mean, I’ve watched a few of her matches but I can honestly say I don’t know if I should be confident going against her, or downright scared. I’ll go with a bit in between, because I can’t be too confident going against someone who is a former Bombshell Internet Champion and has cemented herself as a serious competitor in the ring.

But...how can I really take her seriously with a name like Polly Playtime?! Just saying the name makes me think of some children’s television show that my nine year old daughter could be watching at this very moment. I know she has a bit of a mean streak in her, given her past feud with Amy Marshall but, I don’t think it’s a mean streak that I should fine too threatening.

I’m sure she wants a shot at the World Bombshell Championship just as much as anybody else. Especially after losing the Internet championship to Mikah, but she’s gonna have to get through me first, and I’m not sure she’ll be completely prepared for this fight that is coming to her. It’s been almost four years since I held the World Bombshell Championship. Four years. Polly Playtime has a bright future ahead of her in SCW. A future champion, that of which I have no doubt.

But now? In the near future? Not if I have anything to do with it.

To be the best, you have to beat the best. She already has one strike against her considering she lost against Mikah at Blaze of Glory VI. And, since I’ve been gone, Mikah has been one of the most talked about Bombshells around. It stands to reason Polly doesn’t stand much hope following a loss of that magnitude. But, this is a fight I’m looking forward to.

You see, I’ve always had a desire to step into the ring with relative newcomers to teach them a lesson so to speak. And I think I could teach Polly quite a bit. She wants to make it as a Bombshell in SCW? Well, she has the perfect test going up against me because I am the ORIGINAL Bombshell and I plan on showing her just what it takes to become the best.

And that’s not ego talking. That’s just straight fact.

I didn’t sign up for this tournament automatically wanting nothing more than to be the only person to win it for a second time. In fact, I didn’t even realize that so far, not one person has one the tournament twice, until just a few days ago. That doesn’t matter to me. Do I want to win? Sure. But should I be eliminated, I’m not going to cry about it, because if I’m honest, the experience I’m going to have in this first round match alone is enough to have me walk away satisfied should Brother Grimm and I lose.

So Kris Halc...Polly Playtime...get ready. Train harder than you have before, because this Sunday at Climax Control? You’re in for the fight of your life. Brother Grimm will be your worst nightmare- that I promise you. He’ll toy with your mind and bring a danger about him I don’t think you’re prepared for.

And as for me? Well...I’ll be the teacher in this instance, because the two of you have a lot to learn, and I have no problem giving the lesson. Now is not the time for fun and games. Now is not the time to PLAY…

It’s time to fight. It’s time to show us what you got, because from where I’m standing...neither of you are ready.

Good luck to you both, Kris and Polly. May the best team win! And trust me...Brother Grimm and I plan to!

See ya Sunday!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:03:10 PM by Misty »
>