Author Topic: Focus Rage Focus  (Read 216 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
Focus Rage Focus
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:14:49 PM »

January 22nd
During Inception
What You Didn’t See
**CAMERA ON**

The King of The Hill ladder match has come and gone, and as he promised, Rage walked away with the victory and the Golden Briefcase in his possession. It was a tough fought battle, but he simply refused to let Jeremiah Hardin, Xander Bishop or Calvin Harris walk out of the match with what he claimed was his from the beginning.  And his hard work paid off.  Now the show is quickly coming to a close and just as World Heavyweight Champion, J2H, is about to finish off Jamie Dean and successfully retain his championship, Rage can’t fight nature’s call any longer and he heads off into the restroom to relieve himself.  He wouldn’t miss much, he thought, so there would be no harm done.

Oh, but he was so very wrong.  As soon as he disappears into the restroom, three-time former World Heavyweight Champion, “Showtime” Drake Green, came running out of the audience and into the ring and started a vicious assault on J2H.  It was a quick attack, but it was brutal as J2H was beaten unconscious and left a bloody mess.  By the time Rage walked out of the restroom, the camera had already switched backstage and Jessie Salco was on the screen talking.  Rage stared at the screen for a moment and just shrugged, thinking nothing of what he missed while in the restroom.  Moments later, he heard a commotion just outside the door of the lockerroom and decided to see what was going on.  

As soon as he opened the door, he saw J2H being wheeled down the hall on a stretcher with Melody Grace frantically following behind, worried for her boyfriend.  Just as she was running past the door, Rage grabbed her by the arm and stopped her.  She quickly turned towards him, tears running down her cheek and clearly distraught.

Rage: Melody, what the fuck happened?!

Melody: I...I...Weren’t you watching?!

Rage looks down the hall where the exit doors are wide open and an ambulance is already waiting and the paramedics tend to J2H for a few moments.

Rage: Yeah, I was, but I had to take a piss just as he was about to pin Jamie.  What...the fuck...happened?!

Melody: It...it was so fast!  It...it was Drake.  I...I need to go with him!  Wait!

Melody yells down the hall at the paramedics just as they are loading J2H into the back of the ambulance.  One of the paramedics looks her way and she tries to run towards the ambulance but Rage once again stops her.

Rage: Drake Green?!  Fucking Drake Green did this?!  Melody, you’re match is next.  You can’t go with him.

Melody: I don’t care!  Don’t tell me that I can’t go with him!  He’s my boyfriend!  I have to be with him!

Rage: Look, I get you’re worried about him and I understand, but you have a shot at the World Bombshell Championship.  You think he’d really want you to screw all that up?!

Melody is in full on tears as she stares down the hall.  The paramedic has his hands up in the air as they can no longer wait another second.  They close the doors and drive off a few moments later, and this only makes Melody even more upset.

Melody: He...He’ll be so mad if I’m...not there!  Why didn’t you let me go with him?!

Rage: He’ll be more pissed off if he were to find out you blew your shot at the title, Melody.  You’ve busted your ass to get this shot, and you’re not going to let what that piece of shit Drake did to J mess it up.

Melody: It doesn’t matter anymore!  I’ll never be able to focus and win the title now!

Rage grabs Melody by her shoulders and lets out a frustrated sigh.

Rage: I’ll carry your ass out to that ring myself if I have to.  Don’t worry about J.  He’ll be fine.  I’ll take you to the hospital after your match.  After you win the title.  You WILL win, Melody.  So you and J can be the Golden couple or whatever. Now you’re either going to walk your as to the ring and focus on the prize, or I’m going to carry you out there.  Which is it gonna be?

Melody sniffles, still worried about J2H, but as she looks up at Rage and sees he’s serious about carrying her to the ring if he has to, she just shakes her head.

Melody: Fine!  I’ll go!  But you better not leave for the hospital without me or I’ll kick you in the shin harder than Despy ever did!

Rage rolls his eyes as Melody quickly darts off down the hall towards the curtain to head to the ring.  The backstage is buzzing with talk of Drake’s attack on J2H and Rage looks around as people stare at him and talk quietly under their breath.  He starts breathing heavily, fuming over what happened before he finally lets out a boisterous growl and all eyes fall on him and everything goes quiet.

Rage: DRAKE...GREEN!

Everyone blinks slowly as they stare at him and he rushes over to two backstage workers, grabbing one of them by his shirt collar and pinning him against the wall.

Rage: Where the fuck is Drake Green?!  WHERE IS HE?!

The backstage worker shakes his head nervously and shrugs, unable to utter a word for fear Rage might seriously hurt him.  This only frustrates Rage more and he drops the man, who scurries off down the hall, along with the person he was talking to.  Everyone else attempts to do the same.

Rage: HAVE ANY OF YOU FUCKERS SEEN DRAKE GREEN?!

No one answers him as they all rush away, scared for their safety.  Rage closes his eyes and grabs the top of his head before letting out another angry growl and looking around.  He wants nothing more than to run off to search for Drake, but he made a promise to Melody and it was a promise he intended to keep.

Rage: FUCK!

He then grabs a steel chair, folds it up quickly and whips it down the hall.  It makes a loud clanking noise as it hits the wall and Rage storms off towards the backstage entrance where he intends to wait for Melody.  Payback on Drake Green would just have to wait until later…

A Few Hours Later
**OFF CAMERA**

It’s been a long night to say the least.  As promised, immediately following the World Bombshell Championship match in which Melody Grace walked out as the new champion, Rage and Melody quickly headed to the local hospital in which J2H was transported to.  After checking on J2H and ensuring he would be okay with Melody for the night, Rage headed home, making sure to tell Melody if she needed anything to call and that he would be back in the morning. J2H was still groggy and in a lot of pain and there was nothing much Rage could do at that point.

So he headed the short distance back to his home.  As always, he walked into a quiet house, though tonight it was a welcome silence following the chaos of the last few hours.  As soon as he walked in the door, he dropped his duffel bag and the golden briefcase on the floor and headed to the refrigerator, deciding to have a beer before heading straight to bed.  No sooner than he popped the top off than did his phone start ringing in his pocket.  He quickly took it out of his pocket, thinking it was Melody calling him from the hospital.  But as he looked at the screen, he rolled his eyes and took a quick gulp of his beer before he answered the call.

Rage: Electra?  Why the hell are you calling me so late?

He put his phone on speaker, setting it down on the counter as he drank his beer.  Electra chuckled on the other end of the phone.

Electra: Somehow I had a feeling you’d ask me that.  I watched the show tonight and wanted to give you a call.  I wasn’t sure if you’d be awake, but I guess you are.

Rage: I was just about to go crash, actually.  I just got back from the hospital and I have to head back up there in the morning so I need every minute of sleep I can get.  What do you want?

Electra: How’s he doing?

Rage took another big gulp of his beer and glared down at his phone as if Electra could see the look on his face.

Rage: He’s in rough shape, but Melody is with him.  The fuck do you care anyway?  You didn’t call me just to check on someone you’ve never even met, did you?

Electra laughs again.  Rage grabs his phone and heads towards the stairs, heading up to his room.

Electra: No, I didn’t.  I was calling to speak to you, of course.  But, I know you and James are...friends.

Rage noticed the slight hesitation as Electra finished her sentence.  He walks up to his king sized bed, tossing the phone down as he takes his shirt off and gets ready for bed.

Rage: Well would you please get to the fucking point.  I haven’t heard from you in months so I’m a little confused as to why you’re suddenly calling me now.

Electra: Well...do you mind if we speak in person?  If I’m honest, I was actually calling to make sure you were home...

Rage: The fuck?  Electra, I just told you I’m---

Electra: I’m at your front door.

Rage closes his eyes and lets out a growl.

Rage: What?  Are you fucking kidding me?

Electra: Nope.

The sound of the doorbell ringing follows and Rage lets out a sigh.  He quickly ends the call before he storms out of his room and back downstairs.  When he opens the front door, Electra is, indeed, standing outside.  She has a smile on her face when she sees Rage shirtless, but Rage does not return the smile.

Electra: Do you really hate me that much?

Rage: At the moment?  Yes.  I’m fucking exhausted and I’m not in the mood to deal with whatever it is you want to talk to me about.

Electra lets herself in, much to Rage’s disapproval.  He turns around and stares at her as she walks in and looks around the kitchen and then large living room.

Electra: Been a while since I’ve been in here...

Rage: Yeah, and like last time, you weren’t invited inside.  You off your meds or some shit?

Electra laughs and shakes her head.  She turns around and looks at him again.

Electra: I’m sorry if I’m stepping out of bounds here, Rage.  It’s just that with you, there’s really no other way.  I have to admit, I’m surprised you’re still living in this place, considering--

Rage: Considering what?  I happen to like this house so why the hell would I move?

Electra folds her arms and the look on her face says that she is hesitating with what she really wants to say.  Rage stares at her, waiting for her to respond and she finally takes in a deep breath and spits it out.

Electra: It’s a pretty big house for a single bachelor, Rage.  I mean with Kittie and your brother gone, why would you need to stay in this place?

Rage laughs and shakes his head.

Rage: You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.  Kittie and I are still together.

Electra stares at him, surprised.

Electra: Really?  I thought you two split up after you left the Sins?  She moved out, didn’t she?

Rage: Are you fucking stalking me again or something?  How the fuck do you seem to know so much?  And, she’s just staying at Sins until we figure shit out.  My relationship with Kittie is none of your business, but I’ve told you that shit in the past.

Electra takes a few steps towards Rage, nodding.

Electra: I know, and I’m sorry.  I’m just making sure you’re okay, that’s all.  You’re the father of my child and regardless of how things stand between us, I’d like to make sure you’re okay.  You’re all alone in this place.

Rage: I’m fine, Electra.  Fan-fucking-tastic, actually.  So, if that’s all you wanted, you can go ahead and let yourself out, because I really need to get some fucking sleep.

Rage points towards the door and heads back upstairs a few moments later.  He just assumes Electra will let herself out, but given their history together, he should no better.  Electra stands there for a few moments, at a loss for words.  She takes in a deep breath and then heads upstairs towards Rage’s bedroom, refusing to let their conversation end that way.  When she approaches his bedroom, the door is wide open and she looks inside.  Rage is laying flat on his stomach with his eyes closed, clearly exhausted and about to fall asleep.  She quietly sneaks into the room and towards the bed.  Rage hears her, however, and lets out a growl.

Rage: Get the fuck out of my room, Electra.

Electra: I’m not leaving, Rage.  I’ll sleep in another room if that’s what you want, but you’ve been alone in this house for too long and you could use some company.

Rage bolts upright in the bed and glares at Electra.  She stands just a couple feet away from the bed with her arms folded.

Rage: What I need?  What I need is some fucking sleep, not some crazy bitch keeping me awake trying to get in my pants!

Electra laughs and shakes her head.

Electra: I’m here for you, Rage.  I’m trying to help you out.  Whatever that entails.  I’m not going to the lengths I did a few years ago, but you’re forgetting, I know you.  I know when you’re frustrated, and you’re clearly frustrated.

Rage: Are you fucking serious?  You came all the way to Vegas from Michigan just to try and get me to fuck you?!  You really haven’t changed, have you?

Electra: Yes, I have changed, Rage.  A few years ago I’d be pushing myself on you, but I’m not, am I?  I’m not asking you to pour your heart out and talk about shit that’s bothering you, because I know that’s not you.  But whatever it is that you need...I’m here to help you.

Rage shakes his head and looks down to the floor.  He doesn’t say anything and the longer he remains silent, the more impatient Electra gets and she takes a few steps towards him.

Electra: Unless of course you want me to push myself on you.

Rage looks up at her, still saying nothing and she takes another step towards him.

Electra: I know you had your reasons for doing what you did, Rage.  I’m not judging you for them, either.  I don’t know what is going on inside that head of yours but you need to unleash that pent up frustration.

Electra is now standing directly in front of Rage as he’s seated on the edge of the bed.  He looks annoyed, but he doesn’t push her away.  She wraps her arms around his neck and brings her lips to his, kissing him aggressively.  He doesn’t fight it and he grabs her waist and the two collapse back onto the bed as they continue their game of tonsil hockey.  Before things can go any further and they really get all hot and heavy, Rage pushes Electra away from him and sits up quickly, lifting her up and putting her back on her feet.

Rage: Fuck.  This isn’t going to happen, Electra.

Electra grins, thinking otherwise.

Electra: Why?  You clearly want to.

Rage: Me telling you it isn’t going to happen means that I don’t want to!  You need to stop this shit!

Electra: Again, why?  Kittie clearly isn’t here taking care of your needs so why deny yourself?  Why deny the both of us?

Rage glares at her as she stands there with her arms folded and occasionally licking her lips.

Rage: You and I are not going to happen again, Electra.  We can’t happen again because we’re not good for each other, so just get it through your damn head.  We’re not going to be a family with Ember if that is what you’re hoping for.  I don’t know why you told her the truth about us being her parents, but it was a mistake.  She was better off being raised by your brother.

Electra suddenly frowns, not too pleased with hearing that.

Electra: She deserved to know the truth, and I wanted her to know.  Just because you’re too damn scared to be a father doesn’t mean I’m afraid to be her mother.  I’ve sorted out my life and gotten help for my problems, but what have you done?  Clearly nothing.

Rage: Fuck you!  I’ve been fine with my life before you decide to pop back up whenever you see fit!  And you clearly still want a piece of me if you came all this way just for my dick.

Electra laughs and shakes her head.

Electra: Again, I didn’t come here for me.  I came here for you, but I see it was a mistake.  Keep telling yourself that you’re fine with your life, Rage.  I think you’re lying to yourself, but whatever.  Enjoy your nightly dates with your right hand from now on.

Rage narrows his eyes angrily at her as she turns and storms out of the room and then downstairs.  Moments later he hears the door slamming shut as Electra leaves the house and he just closes his eyes and shakes his head before he collapses back into the bed, ready to get some sleep.  That is, if he can manage to forget everything that just happened and almost happened.

Flash Forward
Sunday February 12th- 3 Weeks Later
Irvine, California
**ON CAMERA**

Earlier in the night, Rage walked out to the ring and addressed not only the fans, but the entire men’s locker room.  Holding the Golden Briefcase carrying a guaranteed shot at any title at any time, he put just about every single champion on notice, declaring that the only championship that is safe is the World Heavyweight Championship.  A decision everyone thought was not only odd, but downright a mistake as well as it was well known that for the longest time, Rage had expressed his desire to win back the championship he hadn’t held in almost five years.  But that all changed the moment he joined sides with J2H and started following the ways of J2Hism.

Following his in-ring speech, Rage headed backstage, still carrying the briefcase.  People stared at him every now and then, but he ignored just about all of them as he walked down the hall.  Eventually, he came to a stop and stared just ahead of him as his eyes slowly narrowed.  When the camera panned out, his estranged fiancee, Kittie, is seen standing there with her arms folded, glaring at him unimpressed.

Rage: What the hell are you doing here?

Kittie laughs.

Kittie: Do I really need a reason to be here?

Rage: Considering you’re not contracted anymore, yes.

Kittie rolls her eyes.

Kittie: I am allowed to join Synn and Despayre from time to time, you know.  Despy might not have a match tonight, but I wanted to come with.  So, here I am.

Rage now rolls his eyes.  An awkward silence follows as Rage looks away, avoiding eye contact with Kittie.  After a what seems like minutes, Kittie shakes her head.

Kittie: So, did you mean what you said out there?

Rage: Every fucking word.  But, which part in particular are you so worried about?

Kittie: You know damn well which part.  Two parts, actually.  You’re seriously considering cashing in against Despy?!  What the hell is your problem?!

Rage rolls his eyes and laughs.  He looks down at the briefcase and then back up to Kittie with a grin on his face.

Rage: I’m exploring all options, so I haven’t really decided.  And, besides, like I said, I never used my rematch clause for the Internet Championship, so who knows.  It just might happen.

Kittie: You never even wanted the Internet Championship in the first place!  It’s why you LET Despy win and never cashed in your rematch clause!  Now all of a sudden you’ve changed your mind and just forgotten the one title that you were busting your ass to get a shot at and that your new “friend” kept denying you a shot at?!  You’ve lost your fucking mind!

Rage: I’m really not in the mood to fight with you again, Kittie.  All we fucking do lately is fight, and I’m sick of it.  If you don’t like the decisions I’m making, you’re more than welcome to just stay the fuck away from me, because I’m over it.  I’m doing what the fuck I want to do, but clearly you can’t seem to support my decision.

Kittie’s jaw drops open.

Kittie: Are...are you serious right now?  So does that mean you want the ring back, then?

Rage: I told you, Kittie, I’m leaving that decision up to you.  If you want to move back home and work this shit out, fine.  But it’s all up to you.

Kittie laughs and shakes her head, but it’s not an amused laugh by any means.

Kittie: Move back home, huh?  You want me to move back home so we can work out our shit, huh?

Rage shrugs.

Rage: All we fucking do is fight, Kittie!  And then you end up going right back to Synn’s place and it doesn’t help either of us.  So, either you want to give me back the ring, or you want to move back home.  It’s...your...call.

Kittie stands there for a few moments, tapping her foot as she thinks things over.  Rage lets out a sigh and shakes his head when Kittie’s hands drop back down.

Kittie: Fine.  I’ll make you a deal.  I’ll move back home, but you have to take that briefcase there...

She points to the golden briefcase in his hands.

Kittie: and cash it in against J2H.

Rage lets out a loud laugh and shakes his head.

Rage: Ain’t gonna happen, Kittie.  I’m not cashing it in against, J.  I’m over it, and you should get over it, too.

Kittie glares at him angrily and throws her hands up in the air in frustration.

Kittie: You have got to be the stupidest and most stubborn, pig-headed jackass I have ever met!  You’re giving up a guaranteed shot at the World Heavyweight Championship for a reason I can’t even fucking understand!  GAH!  YOU DUMBASS!!

With no warning at all, Kittie hauls off and kicks Rage hard in the shin!  It’s enough to cause him to nearly lose his footing, but he manages to hop on his other foot and stay on his feet.  He lets out a pained yell as Kittie storms off down the hall and he shakes his leg, trying to get feeling back into it as he stares in the direction she ran off and watches her disappear around another corner.  He glares into the camera as the scene fades away.

After Climax Control
**OFF CAMERA**

Climax Control ended just a short while ago and everyone is filtering out of the building.  Rage is just walking out of the locker room with his things as World Heavyweight Champion J2H walks up to him.  He notices the annoyed expression on Rage’s face and calls him out on it.

J2H: What the hell is your problem now?  You weren’t in such a shitty mood earlier so what gives?

Rage: Women.  That’s my fucking problem.  Doesn’t matter.  I’m ready to get the fuck out of this shithole.

J2H laughs and shakes his head.

J2H: You really need to quit worrying about this shit with Kittie, because it’s no use.  She just wants to turn you back into the Sins bitch, but you no better than that now.  Ask her for the damn ring back already.

Rage: She can keep the damn ring, but it’s her decision if she wants to end it.  I’ve told her that countless times, yet she still insists on confronting me and arguing with me all the fucking time.  It’s pissing me off to no end!

J2H: Forget about that right now.  Get that shit out of your head, because you’ve got more important shit to worry about.  Your match against Samuel Devereux was rescheduled for next week and you need to focus on winning that match and not letting your ex distract you and screw things up again.

Rage mumbles a few words under his breath and J2H just stares at him, no clue what he just said.

Rage: She’s not my fucking ex...Not yet anyway.  And don’t worry.  Samuel Devereux will be no problem for me.

J2H: Yeah, right.  Like I believe that shit.  You’re holding that Golden Briefcase for a reason, right?  You won the damn thing, but if you go out there next week and lose to Samuel Devereux, how will that look?  Focus, Rage, because you’re better than this damn drama that the Sins get you involved in.

Rage closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath.  With the Golden Briefcase in one hand, he unclenches his other hand that was going white knuckled just before that.

J2H: You realize Jamie Dean is going to be out at ringside for this match, don’t you?

Rage shrugs.

Rage: Yeah?  So?  Why the fuck should I be worried about Devereux’s new play thing?

J2H: I don’t think you should really be worried, but I’d expect him to try and get a little payback in for what you did after that battle royal before.  I doubt he’s forgotten about that shit.

Rage laughs.

Rage: Let him fucking try.  I don’t think I need to remind you that I’m a hell of a lot bigger than he is.

J2H: All I’m saying is just keep your eyes open and don’t underestimate this damn match.  You know you can beat Samuel Devereux easily, and I know it, too.  So go out there and fucking prove it.

Rage: Like I said, don’t worry about it.  I’m not worried about facing this jackass.  With or without his boy toy at ringside, I’ll have no problem beating him.

J2H pats Rage on the arm and nods.

J2H: Just keep that attitude and you’ll be fine.  Oh, and just stay the hell away from Kittie.  If she tries to approach you again, just fucking walk away.  These little pep talks are getting old.

Rage: Yeah, whatever.  Let’s just get the fuck out of here.

J2H shakes his head and shrugs.  He is the first to start walking away and Rage follows behind him as the two head off to, presumably find Melody Grace and leave.  

Samuel Devereux, huh?  Is he really supposed to scare me?  Am I supposed to be intimidated by this guy just because I don’t have the clear size advantage over him that I do with most others I have faced?  Or maybe I’m supposed to be scared because he seems to be so highly regarded and a possible favorite to get a World Heavyweight title shot in the future?  Fuck that.

Let me make one thing clear, I’m not intimidated.  By anyone.  I don’t fucking care who it is.  I don’t give a shit if the guy is bigger than me or smaller than me.  It doesn’t change the fact that I’m going to walk down the ramp, step into that ring and beat the fuck out of anybody and everybody they put in front of me.  And that includes Samuel Devereux.  As highly regarded as he may be, he needs to realize just who the fuck he is up against, because I don’t think he does.  

Samuel Devereux may be into some freaky shit that even I don’t understand.  He may be all “enigmatic” and shit, but I’m a lot more dangerous than he ever will be.  There may be only two inches separating the two of us, but I could snap his neck if I really wanted to.  But, don’t worry.  I won’t go doing anything like that.

But I will inflict some serious amount of pain on him and enjoy doing it because his new little boy toy, Jamie Dean, will be at ringside watching.  And as much as Jamie will be rooting for him to get the win over me so they can run off and celebrate behind closed doors, I’m going to do Jamie Dean an even bigger favor.  I’m going to incapacitate Samuel Devereux and make it so Jamie has to play nurse for a little while.  

I don’t appreciate people trying to make it seem like I don’t stand a chance.  I don’t fucking appreciate people ignoring the fact that I’ve made a bigger impact on this company than Samuel Devereux ever will and because of that, Samuel Devereux has a big fucking reality check heading his way.  

I’ve heard rumblings that Samuel might be given a title opportunity at some point soon.  Which title?  Fuck if I know and fuck if I care, but I’m going to show him and everyone else the one person they all need to worry about.  I’m going to go into this match and send an even louder message to all the fucking champions watching backstage, because what I am going to do to Samuel Devereux?  It could very well be any of them next.  

I have the Golden Briefcase for a reason.  I’m the King Of the Hill for a fucking reason, and if the Roulette, Internet or Tag Team Champions don’t seem to believe that?  Well...they better watch their fucking backs because once I’m through with Samuel Devreux, I could be coming after anyone of them at any time.  I might give them warning.  I might not.  That’s the best fucking part about having this briefcase.  None of you have any fucking clue.

So, Samuel Devereux, I hope you’re fucking ready.  The devil is looking forward to going toe to toe with such an enigmatic soul such as yourself, but this is one fight you can’t win, Samuel.  I’ve never been more fucking determined to send a message loud and clear as I have been lately.  One by one they put you assholes against me.  And one by one, you all fall victim to the devil.  

Oh and one more thing, Samuel.  Make sure to tell your boy toy, Jamie Dean, not to stick his nose where it doesn’t belong.  Make sure to tell him to keep his ass on the outside of the ring, because if he tries and gets involved he’ll be wheeled out on a stretcher and there won’t be any “fun time” between the two of you for a very long time.  If ever again.  This match is between you and me, Samuel.  And there is nothing that Jamie Dean can do to stop me from beating your ass all over the six-sided ring.

Two days, Samuel.  You’ve got two days to enjoy a pain free life, because after Sunday?  Well...you’ll see.

The devil is out for your blood, Samuel.  And he’s not stopping until he gets it!