Author Topic: The Perfect Ten.  (Read 329 times)

Offline Calvin Harris

• View Profile
The Perfect Ten.
« on: January 06, 2017, 11:50:08 PM »
 OUT OF CHARACTER: There's a very good chance that the final scene of this roleplay might seemed rushed. It was. I got on at 10 and I just happened to check the deadline. Realizing that it was tonight instead of tomorrow night. I wrote basically 1.5-2k in less than 35 minutes. Hopefully it's still good and doesn't take too much away. Good luck folks.

\'user

ACT I: Don’t Know When To Quit

Scooting himself to the edge of the bed, Calvin was favoring his knee quite a bit. It was covered in a knee brace. Things hadn’t gone that well for him during the Iron King tournament just twenty four hours beforehand. His opponent had went right for the knee and did quite a bit of damage in doing so. To which he refused to get looked at. In taking his time scooting to the edge of the bed. A very bright eyed three year old girl extended her hand with a baby-gapped tooth smile offering up to him.

I help Daddy.

She kept that bright smile spread all across her face. It warmed Calvin’s heart as he let her grip a hold of his fingers and begin to tug. Like all the times before he made it seem like she was actually pulling him up, but as he got his feet under him. His left knee suddenly buckled under him and he collapsed back on the bed quickly grabbing his knee in pain. Son of a... He managed to stop himself for the sake of small ears. Pain shot through his knee as he managed to sit up. He saw the quivering lip of VP. Tears almost filling her eyes but before she could break down he interjected.

Don’t cry baby. It isn’t your fault, just got sore knee. I’ll be okay.

Despite the pain he forced himself to stand up. He fought through the buckling and managed to keep himself upright, scooping her up off the floor into his arms. He placed a kiss on the side of her cheek in an attempt to calm her down. Last thing he needed was an upset three year old. She was a very tough little girl, but when she did break down. It was a massive break down. That was something he couldn’t handle at this very second.

"Let me help out out there, guys."

Nova Wonder, recent retiree to the world of Professional Wrestling, went by the name of Alessandra Reynolds these days. She wore a fitted half-shirt depicting a screen-on graphic of the upper half of Sailor Moon's uniform and a pair of black skinny cut jeans, her bare tattooed feet squishing into the plush carpet of the master bedroom. In one of her tattooed hands was a ziploc bag, secured from end to end and filled half-way with ice. Thankfully, for three year olds, emotions seemed to come and go and while VP was very much a daddy's girl, she was delighted to see her mother.

"Mama!"

"VP!"

She teased playfully, extending one hand to take the recently turned "threenager" as Reynolds called her into her arm, clutching her close. Pecking the forehead of her daughter, she extended the ice pack to the man she was engaged to be married to.

"Sit down, Calvin. The last thing you need is to put any more stress on your knee. Here. Use this ice. It'll help with the swelling."

There was a certain amount of macho in every man. Calvin was no exception when she attempted to hand the bag of ice over to him. He just slightly stared at her for a moment.

I don’t need any...

And in that moment, all his weight finally made his knee buckle out from under him. Thankfully with the bed directly behind him that’s where he landed. Quickly favoring his knee again. He tried to rub out the pain, but there was clearly something wrong. He sat up taking the bag of ice from her. Only to apply it to his knee. The stinging sensation of the ice was felt on the outside, but it certainly didn’t help with the burning sensation inside of his knee. Course she did say that it was for swelling more than anything. Peering down at his knee.

It’s not as swollen as it was twenty four hours ago. I’m going to be more than okay to fly out for this SCW event on Sunday.

Rolling her eyes a bit as he attempted to reject the ice, only to immediately need it, she made a motion as if she were jotting a one on an imaginary chalkboard in the air. Like a true copycat would, VP mimicked this motion while certainly having no idea what it meant. Holding the little girl on her hip, she turned her focus to the Heterochromia-afflicted eyes of her child.

"Daddy's being stubborn, isn't he? He is, yes."

Setting the little girl down, she crouched next to her daughter on one knee. Given how tall the girl was getting, who even knew how long the historically diminutive former wrestler would be able to do this?

"We should bring him some candy in a few minutes. Would you be okay with sharing?"

"I share good. Okay."

"Good girl. And as far as you flying out to the show, I thought you were done with all of that. I thought when I retired, you were going to do the same, and we were going to add on to this little family of ours, Calvin. Who knows if that's even going to be a possibility if your opponent targets your knee? Trust me... a brace is a pretty hard target to hide."

She said while she stood up to both feet, favoring her own. Of course, she'd taken the better part of a year off for rehabbing it but even during her final run in wrestling as part of the now defunct PAW company in Louisiana, she had to wear a knee brace to even make it through a match after extensive targeting on her right knee through the years. The aches and burning feeling in the cold weather that Seattle could bring was a constant reminder of just how hard she had pushed her body after injuries occurred.

First of all no one said I needed a brace. It isn’t that bad.

One thing he hated to appear to be was weak. Even when he broke his neck after his car accident in 2012. He didn’t want anyone around him. He didn’t want people to see him. He didn’t even want the help of nurses and doctors. Looking weak and actually being weak were just unacceptable in his book.

And no one said we couldn’t add to our family. Our goals are still the same. We’re going to get married this year. We’ve had the baby-making thing down for a bit. Offering a slight grin, through the pain. Nothing is changing babe, I promised that. But it isn’t just as simple as retiring. I’m twenty eight. I’ve got some much to prove. I know I’m good. I know I’m great. I know I can be a Heavyweight Champion. I just can’t quit.

Again that had everything to do with being weak. In his mind he had tricked himself into thinking that if he quit wrestling. If he retired then that meant he was proving people right that said he wouldn’t do great things. And it was basically him admitting defeat, admitting that he wasn’t good enough. That was something that grinds his gears. He couldn’t just allow that. He kept the ice pressed against his knee. Hoping the dull-throbbing and burning sensation would end in a few moments. His gaze shifted to VP for a brief moment.

Daddy does appreciate you sharing candy though, VP. That is very nice of you.

VP smiled, clearly very proud of herself for his approval. With a quick "welcome!" she pushed her small palms to the top of the mattress, slowly pulling herself up to the mattress' surface using the bedframe for help. Sitting next to him, Reynolds on the other hand turned her gaze to him with her hand on her hip.

"It's more than that. I spent months barely able to walk. Physical therapy four times a week. I relied on that knee brace. If I weren't as stubborn as I am, I probably wouldn't even be able to walk today." She admitted, while brushing a hand through her hair. "But, if you don't at least give it a rest? Even just a break for a few weeks... your knee could be as bad as mine was, or it could be worse. And when our little family does grow, you'll be sitting on the sidelines, unable to chase our kids around in the backyard or carry them on your shoulders. You don't want that. I don't want that. They won't want that. As much as it's not what you want... you really should spend some time focusing on what you need."

As much as he didn’t want to hear it. In the back of his head he knew that this was a very real possibility. That’s what made it even worse. Doing his best not to lash out, because it wasn’t going to do him any good. It wasn’t like she was being out of line. She was just trying to help him.

There’s no way in hell, I’ll never not be able to play with my children. I’ll crawl if that’s what it comes down to. That much he was very passionate about and it ranged that way through his voice. I’ll tell you what though. I’ll try and meet you halfway, since you’re that worried. What if I go see a doctor? If I see one tomorrow and they say everything's alright. Then, I’ll wrestle on Saturday. If they say everything isn’t good, then I won’t. Sound fair?

His eyes were locked dead on with hers. There was a very good chance that right now he was lying. Not intentional or anything, but just based on the fact that he couldn’t stand being told not to do something. He just had to fight it. So even if he was uncleared to compete it was possible he would try to find his way around it. VP found herself looking at the two and shook her finger at them both.

No argue, please.

The small voice of her child broke her dead on stare towards her fiance'. Raking her light pink and indigo colored hair from her face, she nodded her head, a little smile breaking onto her face.

"Yes, ma'am."

She grinned, leaning down to peck her child's forehead, getting a sweet giggle or two from VP. While she was there, she leaned in, pecking Calvin's lip, gently pressing one hand onto his opposing thigh to avoid hurting his aching knee. VP covered her eyes, squeaking in revulsion.

"Ew, GROSS!"

"Thank you, Calvin. That's all I ask. And as for you, missy? I think we have some candy that we promised to go and get for daddy. Let's go get it, okay?"

In a hurry the small child shimmied her way down the bed. The moment her feet hit the floor out the bedroom door she went. Getting him candy was the goal, but it also meant that she too would get to enjoy this candy. Alessandra took one look at Calvin who had positioned himself on his back. Holding the ice bag over his head instead of on his knee. The consistent throbbing remained which did kept him in pain. She shook her head a little bit feeling bad for him, but also knowing how he was going to be about the entire thing. Leading herself out of the room, and leaving him to deal with the pain for the time being.

ACT II: Changing Of The Winds

The days were getting closer and closer to Sin City Wrestling’s Climax Control event. There was quite a bit scheduled to take place on that particular night. It had people talking much more than the usual when it came Climax Control which meant that there was something special set to take place. In that being said the man known as “The Martyr of Professional Wrestling” hadn’t made his presence known for the company in quite sometime. As a matter of fact he hadn’t been seen as part of the company in quite sometime either. Though the people of SCW were about to be surprised when this personal video showed up in their email.

On October 18th, 2016. I signed my name to a dotted line to be part of Sin City Wrestling. I signed just a few weeks after Pure Amusement Wrestling folded and left me without a home. There was a small shake of his head. Simply mentioning his former home seemed to still grind his gears a little. In the near three months that I’ve been part of SCW. I’ve had a total of three matches. I’ve won two, I’ve lost one. Guess I can be thankful that I’ve got a winning record than a losing record, but the thing about me is I’ve never been one that’s just satisfied by being another man on the roster. Never been satisfied with just being another face in the locker room. To me my time with this company has been wasted.

From the sound of his voice, Calvin sounded pretty bitter about his time being wasted. Sounded a little bitter that things hadn’t worked out the way that he had wanted or felt that they should have.

Last time out I voiced my opinion and I put the blame on the office. I placed the blame on the people that were running the ship. I said just about everything that could be said to paint SCW’s management in a negative light. Made it sound like they weren’t providing me with the opportunities and the chances that I should have been given. Claiming they were the reason I wasn’t being put in matches. Claiming it was their fault that I wasn’t getting to make my name known around the entire company. At the time I felt that way. At the time I felt I had ground to stand on. At the time I had truly convinced myself that was the case, but that was before I had the chance to take a step back and look at things.

Pausing for a second. Those words were going to linger in the minds of everyone that was getting the chance to watch and leaving people wondering what exactly he was getting at. Good news was Calvin wasn’t much of a cliff hanger guy. When he had something to say, he let it be known.

In the last few weeks I’ve had the chance to sit down and asset things when it came to my career. With doing so I’ve came to the realization that I’m the one that’s at fault. Almost sounded like it was a hard pill to swallow, but his eyes remained focused on the cameras as he made the statement. For the last year and a half, I’ve allowed myself to become one of the most disgusting men in the professional wrestling business. Hell, I’ve even allowed myself to become one of the most despicable men on earth. I’ve done some things I’m not proud of to hurt myself as a professional and a person. All of which I blamed on everyone else. Blamed on companies, blamed on people in my life, and finding anyway to justify myself for being a fucking piece of shit.

At least from the sound of things, he didn’t have a problem for putting it out in the open and fully committing to it. Calvin was just painting himself in a bit more of a negative light. Not doing himself too many favors, but maybe that was the goal.

I’ve finally just woken up and realized what I allowed myself to become. It wasn’t any companies fault that I wasn’t being given certain chances or opportunities. It wasn’t any promotion’s fault that the few opportunities and chances I did get, that I didn’t make the most of them. No one was to blame other than myself when I’d fall flat on my face. No one had a personal vendetta against me. No one was intentionally screwing me over. No one was intentionally holding me back. I was the one at fault. I continued to let it slip through my fingers. I continued to drop the ball. I continued to fail. It was all me and it took me some time to realize that. Though why I admit that I was wrong for putting the blame on other companies and SCW, I will not apologize.

Keeping that rather serious gaze locked on the cameras before him. He slightly shook his head from side to side, as if he was doing so as backup to prove his point he would not be apologizing. Something that was surely to rub people the wrong way, but at the same time it was surely something he had already prepared himself for.

Honestly, ask yourself the question. What good would apologizing do? What would the words I’m Sorry coming out of my mouth do for you? He arched his eyebrow in the air in a questioning manner. If I apologized, there would be about fifty percent of you that wouldn’t believe it. There would be twenty five percent of you that would. Then the other twenty five wouldn’t give a shit either way. Sticking to his statement. One that was pretty accurate and on the head, even if people wouldn’t have agreed for the sake of not agreeing with him. But more than that folks. Let’s be real shall we? Apologies are just words. Words don’t mean shit today. Actions on the other hand? That’s when it means something. That’s when it shows something.

Again, Calvin hitting the nail on the head. As the old saying did go that actions spoke louder than words. By the sound of it though it would almost appear as if he was going to be using his actions to make up for the things he had said.

I’ve personally made a decision that the year 2017 was going to be a new year for me. A year in which I took responsibility for my own actions. Rather they be positive or negative. It’s going to be the year where I reinvent myself and do whatever I possibly can in order to achieve the goals that I’ve had for myself for a very long time. This is going to be the year where I stop falling short. I stop getting distracted with things that don’t matter. This is the year that I do great things and it’ll start here in Sin City Wrestling. Specifically it’ll start on January 8th, 2017 when I participate in the Ten Man Battle Royal to determine a new number one contender for the SCW Heavyweight Championship!

There was a certain amount of confidence that was in his voice when he made that statement. The same confidence that normally came off as arrogance and made him someone that people disliked. Seemed like some things didn’t just change at the pure snap of the finger.

If you pay attention to the dirt sheets, if you buy into rumors, and if you’re someone that’s constantly looking for the easy way out. You might have heard that there’s a chance I’ll be going into that Battle Royal at less than a hundred percent. You might have heard that I’ve hurt my knee. You might have even heard that I’m barely able to stand. Pausing for a brief moment, shaking his head about in disappointment more than anything. Well to those people I only say this. You believe whatever it is that you want to believe. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Whatever helps you think that you’ve got a chance in this match. Just know you’re going to be in for a rude awakening come Sunday Night.

His words were seemingly putting people on notice. Specifically people that were involved with the match. Only time would tell how people ended up taking that. After all if wrestling has proven anything. There’s going to be someone that gets in their feels and takes personal offense.

There will be a changing of the winds taking place here soon. And I get it, no one really likes change. In this case though, I get it. Change is needed and the change is going to bring me home some gold, real-real soon.

Those turned out to be the final words of the recording before everything had faded to black. The moment that this video was released on the SCW website. Once it got around that he was a man that was focused and a man that was coming for the one thing that everyone else was going to want. Then he would become a target. He’d become a man that many people would have not so nice things to say about. He would be a man that many people would start to doubt. After all this was wrestling and no one wanted to believe that they didn’t have a chance or that someone was better than them. Needless to say this was going to make things very interesting soon enough.

ACT III: ONE LEGGED MAN

The all white walls in the doctor’s office was the only thing Calvin was left to pay attention to. This waiting for his doctor and the test results was without a doubt one of the most agonizing things. Main reason being is despite telling his fiancee that he was fine. In the back of his mind he knew there was something wrong with him. He knew that there was something wrong with his knee. The burning sensation hadn’t gone away. The throbbing pain hadn’t gone away. The swelling hadn’t gone away, but he just couldn’t accept it. He couldn’t say it out loud, because he knew what it meant. It meant his career would come to a halt for the time being and that was simply something he could not deal with.

In that exact moment the door of the room came open and entering the room at that moment was the Doctor. He had a big manilla folder in his hand. From the edges hanging out of the folder, Calvin could see that it had X-Rays inside of it. That just made the heart rate of his continue. It also made a lump in the back of his throat making it hard for him to swallow. The doctor took a seat in his chair and opened the folder. Grabbing a hold of those X-Rays and quickly placed them up on the board. Turning the light on to make them visible before turning his attention to Calvin.

Alright Cal, this is what we got. In this right X-Ray, this is what your knee should look like. It’s perfectly healthy. Pointing to the X-Ray. Before moving his finger over to the one on the left. And this is your X-Ray. As you can see right here in the meniscus there’s a tiny little tear. Even with it being small, it’s causing you all the pain that you’re experiencing right now.

There’s no way, it’s just that tiny tear that’s causing this agonizing pain.

Oh but it is. The common misperception of people is that small things don’t hurt, but in reality smaller things tend to hurt a lot more than bigger things. With the meniscus being crucial to the knee structure. Any tear to it is going to be a big deal and it’s going to cause a good amount of pain.

Great, just fucking great. This is exactly what I needed in my life.

His hands slammed down on the table he was sitting on in frustration. His worst fear had come true. There was damage done and it was damage that was going to require time off. Not just time off, but it was a tear. It was going to require surgery. Going under the knife was not something he was keen on by any means. Sighing in frustration as he looked up at the doctor.

Well, give me the bad news. How long is the surgery and recovery going to take?

Surgery? Oh, you’re not going to need surgery, Calvin.

It’s a tear? How the hell won’t I need surgery?

Simple. It’s in what I like to call the redzone. The tear is small. It’s minor and it isn’t a complete tear through the meniscus. Going through to do surgery would do more harm to you than good. In the terms of keeping you out of action, forcing you to go through physical therapy, and what not. All you’re going to need is a couple weeks of relaxation. Some icing and a little something for the pain. It’ll repair itself and you’ll be good to go.

Now by relaxation, what exactly do you mean? I mean let’s say that I’ve got a match on Sunday night. Would I be perfectly fine to compete in it? That’s kind of my only concern right now.

I don’t know why you would want to compete on a knee that was injured, especially one that’s been causing you the type of pain that you’ve described to you.

A puzzled look consuming the doctor’s face while he pulled the X-Rays down. Calvin didn’t exactly like being judged. In fact he didn’t feel like it was his doctor’s place to be putting any kind of judgement on him at all. Clearing his throat to sound less irritated as he spoke up.

It’s kind of a big match. That’s why I ask.

Honestly, Calvin. If you want this tear to heal then you need to rest for a couple of weeks like I said. No active competition of any kind. If you compete, you’re just risking further injuring yourself and certainly risking the tear becoming bigger than what it is. If that happens then you’re definitely going to need surgery.

But what is the chances of that actually happening as long as I work as safe as I possibly can?

Very much so. Just walking around could cause a further risk to tearing it, but it’s much less likely than something like wrestling. Though, ultimately you’re going to do what you want to do. I know that. You know that, but don’t be surprised if you do end up having to have surgery.

Calvin pushed himself down from the table that he had been sitting on the entire time. Nearly the moment he put pressure on his knee, he felt it get ready to buckle. Gripping the table to keep him upright. Taking notice to what happened the Doctor simply shook his head a little bit.

I hope whatever decision you make. It’ll be a smart one.

Yeah, don’t worry. It will be.

There was a slight glare consuming Calvin’s eyes as he watched the doctor walk on out of the office leaving him standing there on his own. Calvin gripped the table tightly using it as a support to keep him up. In his head he had already decided that when Sunday hit, he was going to be taking part in that battle royal. Not only was he going to be taking part in it, but he’d be putting it all on the line to see to it that he walked out with the victory, but right now it was a matter of figuring out how he could get his knee to hold up for one match. Though if there was anyone that could find a way to figure it out, it was going to be the Martyr of Professional Wrestling. He just better hope and pray that in the end it wasn’t going to do more damage than good.

ACT IV: The Perfect Ten

Only just a few hours before Climax Control was set to take place. An official camera crew found themselves set up outside of the building. Not only were they set up outside of the building, but they were there for a very good reason. Turns out that very good reason just happened to be a man by the name of Calvin Harris. With a slight smirk on his face as he looked at the recording cameras. He found himself beginning to speak.

The perfect ten.

Pausing for that brief moment. Surely in an attempt to make the SCW audience question what it was that he was talking about. Though knowing Calvin it wasn’t long before his mouth was heard and sure enough that was the case.

By that I am referring to the ten of us that have been added to the Battle Royal to determine the new number one contender to the SCW Heavyweight Championship as being the perfect combination. The perfect ten men chosen for the match, chosen for the chance, and chosen for this opportunity. The champ himself is demanding and requesting that he gets new challengers, demanding and requesting that someone steps up to face him and give him a fight for that championship. Well, if you ask me J2H, you might have bitten off a little more than you can chew when it comes down to it.

More than anything that seemed to be an actual shot at the champion. A way to fire him up a little bit seeing as it was a given he would be on commentary to see the match unfold before his very eyes.

You look down the line at the people that are involved in this match and there’s a pretty wide range of experience. You’ve got men that have made a name for themselves in the Roulette division. You’ve got men that have made a name for themselves in the Tag Team division. You’ve got men that are veterans to this company. You’ve got men that are making their return to the company with the intentions of picking right back up where they left off. And you’ve got men in this match that people would consider rookies. Men whom haven’t had a chance to break out or make themselves known to the company just yet, but got just as much as anyone else does if they were to go the distance to win this match.

For the first time in a long time for anyone that had been following the Martyr. He spoke with a little bit of respect in his voice. Not just respect for the company, but respect for the people that he found himself in the ring with. Something that was without a doubt a shock to say the very least.

It also makes it a perfect combination when you’ve got ten men in the ring all fighting for the same prize. That means that the ten of us are going to come with the very best that we’ve got to offer on this night. Not a chance in hell that either one of us are going to come with less than a hundred percent. Not a chance that any of us will come with less than our best. There is simply not a chance that one of us is even going to offer less than everything we’ve got knowing that this is the chance of a lifetime. Matter of fact for some people this might be the only chance they ever get to compete for a contendership in regards to that SCW Heavyweight Championship. Makes perfect sense that they would want to make the most out of this opportunity. Do everything they can to make sure they are the one to get to face the champion.

Nodding his head a little bit, pausing once again. Letting everything that he said slowly continue to build up the anticipation and the excitement that tonight was all about.

Take the names Jamie Dean, Joshua Acquin, and Jeremiah Hardin into consideration for a second. Those three men have one thing in common. That thing being that their biggest Highlight so far in Sin City Wrestling was holding one half of the SCW Tag Team Championships. In a roundabout way they are simply just considered Tag Team Specialists. Most people would consider them out of their element. There are even some that would be quick to point out that this isn’t a situation where you can rely on someone else to win. Instead it’s a situation where you’ve got to do all the work yourself. You know just a little something to take a dig at them and have the extra edge.

I’m personally not one of those guys. Matter of fact I see Dean, Hardin, and Acquin to be three men that could be some of the most dangerous in this match. Considering that they do have this stigma of just being Tag Team wrestlers. I see them doing everything they possibly could in order to try and shake that mindset that people have of them. As a matter of fact, I could even see those three men relying on each other to come up with a few eliminations. Sure, it might not be a tag match and sure they might not be in there with their usual tag team partners. Yet at the same time good team work does rub off. They could very easily get some good eliminations and then make it come down to just them in the end.

Because I see that and because I’m willing to give these two men credit where credit is due. I’ve already done everything in my power to prepare for this being a possibility. And as much as I respect them, I’m also coming to be the most selfish human being in that match when it takes place. The first opportunity I see I am going to grab them by their tights. One by one, I’m going to toss them out of the ring. One by one I am going to watch them hit the unforgiving floor. One by one, I am going to watch as their dreams come crashing and burning right along with them as they hit the floor. You guys can be upset with me afterwards, I can be public enemy. It wouldn’t be the first time and likely won’t be the last, but you’ll learn to deal with it.

Before those cameras Calvin could be seen shrugging his shoulders a little bit. Almost like he didn’t feel bad for what he had to say. In doing that showed that there was still a little bit of ego coming out of him.

Then there are men like Blade Alexander, Samuel Devereux, Samuel McPherson, and Xander Bishop who don’t have that much credit to their name. They aren’t the biggest names in the company. Matter of fact from the knowledge I’ve got. Neither of them have one any type of championship among these walls that are Sin City Wrestling. Now, I’m not saying that doesn’t make them dangerous or that it doesn’t give them any type of advantage. Nah, I’m not foolish to say that at all. If anything having this mystery aura around them could play a major factor. Something that could very will lead to a big victory.

For all we known is that Blade Alexander is making his return to the company from whenever it was that the last time he was here. People that remember him might only remember him for being a certain way, but little do they know. There’s a chance that everything about him might have changed. For people like me who know next to nothing about him. I could find myself in the ring with a beast that’s going to grab me by my throat and toss me on my ass before I even knew what hit me. In the case of Devereux and McPherson. Two men that have been around for a little bit of time and are building up some steam.

This could be their night that they just break out and come out of nowhere with stuff no one has ever seen out of them before. For all we know, this could end up being the breakout chance and opportunity they’ve been waiting for to shock the entire roster. They might very well prove that they are men that have belonged in the main event all along. That’s something that is a very real possibility. And when it comes to Xander. He and I aren’t that far off when it comes to being the new guys on the roster. I might not know much about him. I might not be from the hood. Hell, I might not be a nigga as he likes to loosely use in his vocab.

For all I know this dude might be the baddest man on the planet. He did have himself an impressive debut and he seems to be all about putting that work in, but I’ll tell you this much. He keeps up with that ego of his. He might end up with the biggest L of 2017 and trust me with Soulja Boy in the lead for that title right now. That’s the last thing you want, Xander. Hell, that’s the last thing Devereux, McPherson, or Alexander want. They don’t want to start off 2017 with an L placed on them, but not wanting something and something actually happening are two different things. I don’t want to be the one with the L and unlike them, as far as I’m concerned. I’m the one that NEEDS to win. So, I’m going to be handing out L’s left and right as they get tossed out of my ring.

Those words would have been questionable to some of the people in this match, even some of the fans that were going to watch the match. Nearly everyone else in this match were going to see themselves as men that needed to win the match. It wasn’t just Calvin, but disagreeing with someone and proving someone to be wrong. Well that was going to be the difference maker at the end of the night. It was almost a given.

In that being said that would leave me with just James Tusicini and Steve Ramone left in this match. Both of those men have held the Roulette Championship. They’ve had some pretty impressive reigns to say the very least. Holding that title is generally a sign that the next one to hold would be the SCW Heavyweight Championship. Yet despite being on the roster quite possibly longer than everyone else in this match combined. They’ve yet to actually make that happen. I’m sure they’ve had chances before. Being veterans and basically icons to Sin City Wrestling. Surely, they’ve had a couple of chances at the SCW Heavyweight Championship but clearly having those chances they didn’t make the most of it.

Which is exactly why, I don’t feel like that either one of them deserve this opportunity. I hate to say it and I’m sure it makes me sound like a complete and utter jackass. However they are probably the least deserving of everyone in this match. You don’t be part of this roster as long as they have, had the chances and the opportunities that they’ve had, and not make the most of them. Now as human beings they might be okay men... Well, I’m sure James is. Steve can basically suck my dick. I’ve heard what he had to say about me and just wrote me off as a nobody, which is why I’m personally going to make sure I’m the one to eliminate his worthless ass from this Battle Royal.

But yeah, James might be an alright human being. However being an alright human being and being a successful professional wrestler are completely opposite from each other. You’ve had your run as the Roulette Champion, not once but twice brother. However on this night, your dreams of making a run to becoming the Heavyweight Champion are going to be cut short thanks to me. Maybe years from now when you’re sitting at your nursing home and thinking back to the days of yesteryear. You’ll think long and hard about how you should have made the most of the opportunities and the chances you had before I came along. You didn’t, therefore I do not feel bad for what I’m about to do to ensure I’m the one that wins.

Calvin’s eyes had started to narrow a little bit as he continued to speak. The fire, the passion, and the determination could be seen building up a little bit with each word.

Make no mistake about it. I understand that talking about doing big things. Talking about having one of the best matches of my career. Talking about going out there tonight and eliminating you all one by one. It sounds good to the ear. It makes me feel good about myself. It helps build my confidence and my ego. It might upset people. It might excite people. It might even force people to actually pay more attention to the match. It all sounds good to the ear, but actually making it happen is something that’s going to be harder than it is talking about making it happen. That’s fine.

I get it. And with a new outlook on life. A new outlook on this business. I actually embrace every last challenge that this match is going to bring to me. Though at the end of the night. I still firmly believe in my heart of hearts. I’m going to be the man that has his hand raised. You don’t have to agree with me. You don’t have to like it, but there’s a good chance you’ll have to see it happen. Those are what some people would call the Facts of Life. Oh yeah... before I forget. J2H, I’m coming for you pal.

Giving a little wink at the cameras when it came to last sentence. Surely those words were not going to go over very well with the SCW audience. Might not have even went over very well with the men in the match or the people running the company. Though at the same time there wasn’t too much that could be done about it at this point. What was said had been said, but it came down to not making it happen. Though, Calvin seemed to be one focused man.

To borrow a quote from my famous Uncle. On this very night, each and every single one of you will learn to respect the name Calvin Harris but more importantly learn to respect that I am SIMPLY BETTER than all of you.

As those served to be his final words. He made a small cut motion with his thumb. Maybe as a taunt to the competition, but it seemed to be more so to the people running the cameras for they cut the recording at that moment forcing everything to fade to black. Calvin simply turned himself around grabbing a hold of the door, pulling it open, and walking himself back inside the building. He had said everything that needed to be said as far as he was concerned. Now it was time to buckle down, keep that focus, and become the number one contender. No matter what though, this was going to be a match no one wanted to miss.