Author Topic: Some friendly advice  (Read 341 times)

Offline Despayre

• Beware the stare
    • View Profile
    • Despayre
Some friendly advice
« on: September 02, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »
 The water was calm for as far as the eye could see, save for the rippling waves that cascaded across the surface of the ocean, breaking against the underside of the luxurious yacht that remained in the fixed position with nowhere to go, and no specific desire to get there. The bad weather that was plaguing other areas of the United States was not seen here, as the owner of this particular ship went to great lengths to avoid such dreadful weather, all the better to fulfill his own personal enjoyments and not having any undue worries such as storms and hurricanes to stress him out. And if you happen to be on social media, and following his personal Twitter account, you would already know just to whom this multi-level yacht belongs to:

J2H, the current reigning World Heavyweight Champion of SCW. Heck, the only World Heavyweight Champion that currently means anything in the world of professional wrestling! That's who!

And speak of the devil, the champion himself was lounging back on his favorite spot of this brand spanking new piece of luxury; the upper deck patio, just outside of where he has a bed set up to sleep and soothe the stressful worries of the mind, a common occurrence that plagues those that hold the golden symbol that places them a spot above the rest. While the champion's manservant aka Simpson busied himself, setting up a small feast of sorts on a table for James's evening meal, J2H himself had his cell phone pressed against his ear with an annoyed expression etched across his young but handsome kisser. He was trying to enjoy the evening sky, as the heat of the day slowly subsided into a more comfortable 78 degrees with just enough of a wind blowing across the waters to give a thrilling chill to his bare skin. Not a cloud was in the sky, but as the sun descended, the sky was colored with a palette of golds, oranges, reds and purples that would drive any artist to the brink of despair to recreate.

Despair... in a Despayre promo! Oh I am on a roll!

Simpson finished setting the table, with a feast of fruits and sandwiches, lobster and shrimp, steak and pastas. True he would partake himself when he had a chance, but there was enough food for many, and it would probably all be tossed out into the garbage once J2H had his fill and Simpson was able to dine as well. Simpson turned around to announce the feast was ready, only to find J2H shouting into his phone...

"I don't know how the FUCK you tracked this number down but it is none of your GOD DAMN business what is going on with Melody and myself! ... No? Well let me put it into words even a idiot like you would understand... FUCK OFF!"

And that being said, J2H clicked the phone off and gave it a hazardous toss to the table beside him. Only a stroke of luck kept it from topping off and over the side of the ship. Simpson cautiously approached his meal ticket, a showing of genuine concern on his face as he asked, "Who was that, sir?"

"TMZ, can you fucking believe it!?" J2H answered crossly. "I can't believe they tracked me down to ask me about Melody and myself and if the so-called 'breakup' rumors are true! Since when does TMZ have anything to do with wrestling!?"

Simpson answered, "I think it has more to do with Miss Grace's connection with movies at the moment. Just be happy it wasn't the National Enquirer."

J2H glanced up at Simpson, unable to determine whether or not the bald behemoth was being serious or making a joke of the situation. J2H was not in a joking mood and he shook his head, fuming, "I just can't believe they went and called me, butting into a perfect stranger's business! It's unbelievable!"

"It's rude is what it is." Said Despayre as he casually walked past J2H, fast approaching the buffet table. So startled was J2H, jumping, that he almost fell off of his lounge chair! -- Almost. J2H's eyes were wide as he followed Despayre's movements, and he shared a brief exchange with Simpson who looked just as caught off guard by this appearance of Melody's best friend right there and then!

J2H slowly stood up, while Despayre picked up a plate and started loading it with goodies from the many being offered. After all, it was a host's obligation to entertain and feed his guests -- it was a sacred thing! Even if the host had no idea he even had a guest!

"What the hell...?"{ J2H started to say and he immediately turned and looked around the immediate vicinity of his yacht, as if he were expecting the rest of the Sins to emerge at any given moment! But none came forth, and it was seemingly only Despayre! Here on his yacht, in the ocean! Miles away from the nearest shore!

"How the fuck are you here!?" J2H finally found his voice, and Despayre only casually turned around to face him. Despite the past animosity, and the fact J2H was the only man in history to pin Despayre's shoulders to the mat in singles competition, Despayre met his confusion with a bright smile reserved only for those closest to him. Despayre popped a green grape into his mouth as the overly perplexed champion approached him, completely flabbergasted at what was happening!

"How long have you been on my ship!?" J2H confronted him. "Did you stow away!? Have you been here this entire time!?"

"No." Despayre shook his head adamantly. "Nooooo! I only just got here."

"Just now?" Simpson asked, to which Despayre nodded.

"HOW!?" J2H wanted to know. True Despayre was known for pulling off many stunts that left even the smartest around stumped, but this was new -- even for him! "What the hell did you do, walk!?"

"Of course not!" Despayre looked serious. "As high up as I am on social circles, even I can't walk on water. I rode on that."

J2H and Simpson looked over the rail to where Despayre pointed, spotting a jet ski lashed around the lower deck. J2H blinked, unsure what to say as he looked back and shook his head. "YOU drove THAT?"

"No, silly!" Despayre rolled his eyes as if the champion had just asked the silliest question imaginable. "I don't have a driver's licence. ... Angel drove."

"Ang.." J2H stopped himself from speaking the name and looked over the rail again, and god help him! The teddy bear was down below, perched on the seat of the jet ski with a life preserver on, waiting patiently.

"I need a fucking drink..." James muttered, massaging his temples.

"Headache?" Despayre asked innocently.

"You certainly are!" J2H barked back in retort. "Forget anything else asked! WHAT the hell are you doing here!?"

"Oh! Well, that..." Despayre picked up a plate with a lobster on it and he glanced casually into its beady eyes and flinched before putting it right back. He wiped his hands and said, "I need to talk to you about Melody."

"Oh for god's sake!" J2H turned his back on his unwelcome guest and stormed across the deck, but with Despayre in skipping pursuit. "Someone else who wants to butt into my fucking personal life!"

"Oh come on, don't be a Negative Nelly." Despayre matched J2H's stride, and as James plopped himself down onto a deck chair, Despayre flopped onto his backside and dangled his legs through the bottom rail and over the side of the ship. J2H looked at him with a frown, then back at Simpson and mouthed "Negative Nelly?" and Simpson could but shrug.

"I can't stay long." Despayre said, and before J2H could saying anything characteristically caustic, Despayre held up a hand. "I know, I know. We'll just have to hang out another time. I need to get back fast, before Dad finds out I snuck out. ... And before Rage figures out Angel stole his jet ski."

"All this to meddle into my personal life?" J2H growled between clenched teeth, although a tiny part of him was almost impressed by the lengths Despayre seemingly went through to reach out to him. -- Almost!

"It's Melly's life, too." Despayre corrected him. "And I'm not meddling. I'm just a friend offering another friend a bit of advice."

"Only, we're NOT friends!" J2H stressed for what had to be the hundredth time. Despayre stared into his eyes for what seemed like an uncomfortable eternity before he smiled.

"You're funny!" Despayre then turned back to face the ocean, resting his chin on one of the rails. "I just wanted to be here for you and let you know that you have absolutely nothing to worry about."

"Psht!" J2H scoffed as Simpson set a plate down on the table before his boss -- and returned the plate to Despayre that the young man had abandoned previously. J2H gave his manservant a look that could wither but Simpson shrugged helplessly. What was he to do? Despayre was a guest -- no matter how he came about being one.

J2H shook his head and leaned back in his chair, half muttering, "What do you know?"

Despayre casually answered, "I know that you think something is going to happen between Melly and Drake, just because they're on set together for that movie. You did the exact same thing a few months back, do you remember? Well you were wrong about Melly then, and you're wrong about her now."

"You don't know shi-!" But Despayre interrupted his objection.

"You think that Melly is gonna hurt you, but having as much pride as you do, you can't accept that so you think it'd be better handled if you hurt her first. You don't want to be hurt so you push away the people that actually care about you, and buddy boy, Melody is right up there at the top of that list!"

"Yeah, well I..."

Despayre interrupted again, "NOBODY likes Drake Green! Well, Mikah does, but she has to. He's her husband, and I don't think Drake would risk anything and make her mad. Mikah would be pretty scary and dangerous if she were mad, and what man would cheat on her?"

"Don't make me..."

"Did you even see Melly's Twitter pictures?" Despayre asked, and J2H started to rant again, when that question, coming from out of nowhere, stopped him short.

"What?"

"Melly's pictures. You know, the ones she tweeted about her goals?"

"What about them?"

Despayre huffed. "Well if you had any doubts or fears, those should have told you right then and there how silly you were being!"

"I'm not afraid of ANYTHING!" J2H hollered. "And what the hell are you talking about!? They were just pictures! How do they prove anything!?"

Despayre rolled his eyes as he munched on a shrimp. He answered, "You saw the houses and pools and stuff! They were fancy! Very pretty, just like places you've lived, I bet!"

J2H shrugged nonchalantly, but with an acknowledged expression.

Despayre continued, "Those are places that you'd likely live in, so Melly wants a place just like it! A place that you'd be comfortable in!"

J2H frowned as he looked off the table to Despayre who casually sat with his back to him, watching the water and eating.

Despayre added, "I think it's obvious to everyone that Melly just wants you to be proud of her."

"Not everyone." Simpson muttered, and at the hard glance he was met with by his boss, Simpson coughed into his hand and acted as if he had said nothing.

"Anyhoo..." Despayre scrambled to his feet and handed his now empty plate to Simpson's waiting hands. "That's all I really came here to say. I hafta get back."

"Oh ... damn." J2H muttered sarcastically, which was completely lost on Despayre who quickly enveloped him into a tight embrace.

"MOTHER...!!!" J2H shouted and struggled, but Despayre released him and practically skipped to the steps that led below to where Angel and the jet ski awaited. "I knew you liked me!"

J2H fought hard to regain his composure, and heard the motor of the jet ski start up and casually looked out to the water to watch the sight vanish into the distance towards the shore. J2H sighed and turned to Simpson.

"I don't know what the fuck disturbs me more." J2H said. "How that psycho snuck on board or the fact I just saw that damn teddy bear driving that thing!"

"You know what I don't get? I don't get why Despayre is in this match in the first place. No, I'm not detracting from my good buddy's chances or his right to be involved in this Battle Royal. Goodness knows that he's proved time and again that he was a winner. I just don't understand how this match could be to determine what has already been determined. How can this match decide who should be the next logical challenger to Despayre's own teammate Rage and his Internet Championship. I ask because it's been so many months since Despayre lost this very title to Sean Jackson, and you know he never did get his contractual rematch? Funny, huh? Yeah, I didn't think so either. Being coerced into competing for something that you're already owed just doesn't seem right. Of course, it's not like Despayre went out of his way to campaign for that rematch, especially once Rage captured the championship himself. Despayre already isn't the biggest fan of competing for singles championships, but when that very title is held by someone like 'Uncle Rage'? Well that doesn't just make things complicated. It makes them down right undesirable."

"And boy when it comes to the competition in this match, it's not only a veritable who's who, but even a couple cases of what's that and who the hecks! Take for example, Steve Ramone. Really? How many chances at gold is this guy going to get back to back before the bosses figure it out that he has about as much chance of winning a championship as Jamie Dean has of tongue kissing Ben Jordan? Oh and for those not in the know, there's not a snowballs chance in H-E-Double Hockeysticks of that happening! (Pardon my Elvish!) Steve even challenged Rage. He tried to get an Internet title shot and Rage said no. Yet despite that, here he is, being handed that very opportunity on a golden platter. I can't help but wonder how much aerobics Steve must do to bends over so often to kiss so many backsides on such a regular basis."

"Speaking of repeat offenders, that would bring us to Casey Williams. I wouldn't say that he's in the same boat as Steve is. He'd probably sink the boat if he was, but he's had almost as many title shots as Steve has, only Casey's come closer to winning the gold in my own little humble opinion. The only problem Casey has is the same strength he'll be entering the Battle Royal with; his size. Being 7'0" and almost 400 pounds makes him the obvious favorite. I mean, how tough would it be under normal circumstances to throw someone that size over the top rope? Well, in this case, not so hard. that's why his size is also a disadvantage. Everyone is going to want Casey out of this match to make the chances of winning more favorable, so expect folks to team up to get him out -- possibly every man in the match will make a go of it. If not to eliminate him to win, then surely to make him look bad in front of his meal ticket. C'mon! We all know Casey is riding on the coattails of J2H. First the two are palling around, then they have a falling out. Then the moment J2H wins the World Championship, Casey comes crawling back, wanting to be J2H's friend again. Sad, isn't it? What's sadder is the fact that Despayre has beaten Casey so many times already, and yet he still thinks he has a shot, just because Despayre is the smallest guy in there. Well he was smaller than you before Casey when he pinned you and made you tap out. But he'd had so many wins over you, what's one more?"

"Now Kain -- there's a fighter to end all fighters! Striker. Brawler. Technical. And perhaps his greatest accomplishment -- he came so very close to being the man to dethrone Gabriel for the World Championship! That speaks highly of his skills right there! Of course Sean Jackson had to go and stick his nose in and cash in his briefcase, and he won the title instead. Though Kain did get some payback and take the title away from Sean a month later. Kain got a pretty distinct title when he became a Grand Slam Champion in SCW, and a member of the Hall of Fame! Though lately he's become something of a poop head w3ith a dour attitude. He hasn't gotten to where he thinks he should be since his return. maybe he thinks being a Hall of Famer he should be handed more title shots on a golden platter (Get it? Titles ... gold?), but I digress. Guy's been acting out and turned his back on the fans. I think he even wants a shot at Despayre because Despayre won the King match last year, but Kain thinks he's the only King in SCW. Well bring it, Kain! Despayre's not afraid of you!"

"Alex Rush is fun, and a man of obvious taste! He's a fan of yours truly, after all. True, he hasn't had a whole lot of chances to shine, and the few times he has been booked, that shine kind of dulled. His win-loss record may not look the best on paper, but luckily for him, he doesn't have to wrestle on paper. He wrestles in the ring just like all these other guys and he has as much chance of winning as anybody else in there. Which isn't saying the best considering Despayre is going to be the winner, but I bet Alex is right up there with the few remaining men towards the end!"

"Just like Ryan Keys! Now he's what some are calling the 'Pretty Boy' of Sin City Wrestling. So pretty he seems to get distressed when he takes a shot to the face or bleeds a bit, or gets busted up and bruised. Well boo hoo, Ryan! If that's your biggest worry when in the ring, then I'd almost be ready to say you're in the wrong profession! Almost! I say that because during his time here, although he's lost out on a few matches, he's more than made up for those losses with some unexpected wins as well! Just look at his match a couple weeks ago when he took on Scott Sanders, the same guy who beat Drake Green in his Final Farewell match! Beating the man that beat Drake .. well that just speaks volumes for the guy's talent, doesn't it? It does, right? Of course it does! But now Ryan is in there with a whole slew of big, bad bruisers, and one very small package of dynamite! And if Ryan tries to go after Despayre to get the better of him -- that dynamite is gonna explode! DY-NO-MITE!"

"Now one guy in this match kinda sorta confounds me, and that man's name is Samuel Devereux - no 'a'. I get the strangest of vibes from him. The sort of vibes I used to get whenever that freak Brother Grimm was in the same vicinity. Only, not menacing. The same, but different. Know what I mean? I don't know quite yet what Samuel is, but I know enough to know that whatever he is, it's not normal. You can bet your sweet bippy that I'll be researching and calling in some marks to find out his secrets, but one thing that isn't a secret is he is right up there in the list of men who probably deserve a shot at winning this, let alone a shot at the Internet title itself. He's had a chance here and there inside of the ring. He's won some, and lost some, which proves he can be beaten, whatever he is. He is vulnerable, and that is a technicality that a little warrior like Despayre can and will exploit."

"Which brings us to the final member in this match, who also happens to be a member of Despayre's little family, such as it is. Chris Shipman aka Stepmom. If the idea of wrestling Rage is unnerving for Despayre, the thought of wrestling his father's companion will be downright distressful. I have no doubt that if it comes down to Shipman and Despayre, Shipman will indeed do everything in his power to walk away the winner in order to compete against another member of the Sins in Rage. I also happen to know that Despayre would be only to happy to take a dive and eliminate himself so that 'Stepmom' would have that chance. Only Synn and Gabriel made him give his word that he would do no such thing, and would, in fact, try his very best to emerge victorious. And after they did their part, I did mine. I made Despayre take the most sacred of Teddy Bear Oaths that he would not find a loophole in his promise to his father and big brother. Despayre will walk out of this match as the winner and next contender to Rage's championship, even at the expense of 'Stepmom'."

"Now, that being said, I am afraid you'll have to excuse me. Rumor has it that a friend of mine and Despayre's is going to make a dreadful mistake this weekend and summon something that best remain buried in the shadows. I have to try and put a stop to it!"

"Toodles!"
</color>
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:10:15 PM by Christian Underwood »
>

"A teddy bear does not depend upon mechanics to give him the semblance of life. He is loved - and therefore he lives."