Author Topic: Refusing To Deal...  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
Refusing To Deal...
« on: August 07, 2016, 07:36:37 PM »

Sunday August 7th
A Week To...Think?

“She’s your daughter, Rage.  You’re Ember’s father.”

It’s been a week and a half since Electra Blaze had spoken those words to Rage, and right in front of Kittie no less.  For almost two weeks, The Sin of Wrath has had to process this latest revelation, but no matter how hard he tried to wrap his head around it, he just couldn’t get himself to believe that it was actually true.  Him?  The father of Electra’s child?  A nine year old little girl no less.  He just refused to believe it.  He refused to even talk about it, even when Kittie had tried bringing it up at Summer XXXTreme IV.

After they returned home following the show and the cruise, Rage’s brother, Phil, knew something was off with Rage.  He had tried asking him, but Rage simply shook his head, shrugged it off and walked away.  And Kittie had pretty much done the same, as it was not her place to tell anyone what she knew.  The fact was, that it was Rage’s business to tell, if he decided to tell anyone at all.

Which, so far, he hasn’t.

At this very moment, he’s in the fitness room of the home he shares with his brother and Kittie, his now future wife.  Yeah, that little bit of information was also still hard to believe, but it definitely did not bother him.  He’s been down in the fitness room for quite some time, hitting the punching bag and lifting weights as he tries to keep everything off his mind.  All while Kittie, Phil and Maddie are out back, enjoying some pool time.  Kittie is sitting on the edge of the pool with her feet in the water as Phil walks back out onto the patio with a cold beer for himself and a bottle of water each for Kittie and Maddie.  When he hands the bottle of water off to Kittie, he decides to question her again, hoping to get information from her.

Phil: How long is this gonna go on for, Kittie?  Jake has been spending most of his time down in the fitness room since you guys got back.

Kittie twists the cap off of her bottle of water and takes a drink, shrugging.

Kittie: I really don’t know, Phil.  He just needs time.

Phil: I understand that, but you’ve been back for the last week and we still have no idea what the hell is going on.  Clearly he’s not going to say anything, so would you just tell me what is going on?

Kittie shakes her head.

Kittie: Look, I know you’re worried about him, Phil, but if I tell you what’s going on, it will only piss him off more.  And, right now, that’s far from what any of us need.  Especially him.

Phil just glances down to his girlfriend as she swims up to the edge of the pool near Kittie.  They each shrug, but Maddie gives Phil a reassuring glance, trying to get him to relax a little.

Maddie: I think the point that Phillip is trying to make is that clearly whatever is bothering him right now isn’t helping, and neither is spending so much time secluded from everyone else.  But, we’re all here for him whenever he is ready to talk.  Right, babe?

Phil nods.

Phil: Yeah, of course.  But, like I said, he’s clearly not going to--

Rage: I’m clearly not going to what, Phil?

Phil quickly turns around and all eyes fall on Rage who has just appeared on the patio.  He’s changed into his swim trunks and he’s brought a towel out with him.

Phil: Oh...Hey, bro.  I was just--

Rage: Cut the crap, Phil.  You were trying to ask Kittie again what my problem is, weren’t you?

Phil scratches his head, trying to act innocent, but he fails.

Phil: Look, can you blame me, bro?  Something is clearly eating away at you.

Rage shakes his head.

Rage: Nah, Phil.  I’m good.  Nothing’s eating away at me, so you can just stop worrying and trying to make something of nothing.

Kittie: Rage...

Kittie apparently tries to get him to tell his brother what is going on, but one wicked glance from her fiancee is enough to silence her.  

Phil: Okay, so maybe it’s not bothering you anymore...as if I really believe that.  But, something was clearly bothering the hell out of you when you got home last week.

Rage: Like I said, Phil.  All good.

Rage then walks over to the steps leading into the pool and steps into the cooler water.  Maddie pulls herself up and out of the water and Phil hands her a towel to dry off, while Kittie stays seated along the edge of the pool with her feet in the water.

Phil: If you say so.  Maddie and I are going to go get some lunch.  EIther of you want to join us?

Rage just shakes his head no, and Kittie turns her attention to Phil.

Kittie: Thanks, but no thanks, Phil.  I need to talk to your brother alone for a bit anyway.

Phil: Oh right.  Secretive wedding planning...

Phil grins but Kittie just shakes her head.

Kittie: Ha ha.  No, not yet.

Maddie: You know, if you need anything, I’d love to help with that.  I’m so happy for you both!

Rage: Ain’t no reason to rush into planning anything.

Phil cracks a smile at Rage.

Phil: Not unless you got her pregnant….Wait!  Shit!  That’s not what’s bothering you is it?!

Rage stares at Phil wide-eyed.

Rage: Fuck no!  Would you just get the hell out of here and go get some lunch so I can swim in peace here.  God damn!

Phil holds his hands up defensively as Maddie wraps the towel around herself.  Moments later the two head inside to get changed into some dry clothes, leaving Kittie and Rage alone.  This gives Kittie the opportunity to try and get Rage to talk, though judging by the look on her face, she knows she has her work cut out for her.

Kittie: So are you ever going to talk about it?  Or are you just going to keep that shit bottled up and not do anything about it?

Rage moves his eyes to glare at Kittie as he walks slowly through the pool.

Rage: I told you before, Kittie.  There’s nothing to talk about.  End of story.

Kittie: No, not end of story, Ra--Rage!

Rage chooses to completely ignore Kittie the only way he knows how at the moment.  He ducks under the water and then starts swimming laps in the pool and Kittie just folds her arms, watching and waiting for him to stop.

Kittie: This isn’t going to just go away, you know!  There’s still a nine year old girl out there with your DNA, no matter what you choose to believe.

Having heard everything she just said, Rage stops swimming, turns and glares at her.

Rage: She’s NOT my kid, Kittie!  Alright?!  I think I would have known she was my kid when I saw her a few months ago, but she’s not, alright?!  It’s just some bullshit lie Electra thought up!

Kittie: Are you sure about that?

Rage: What?  What the fuck kind of question is that?  Of course I’m sure!

Kittie: I don’t think you are, and I think THAT is your problem.  You’re not pissed off because you think Electra is lying about this.  You’re pissed because you know...you know that she’s telling the truth!  Admit it!

Rage shakes his head.  He just stands there for a few moments, shaking with anger as he glares at Kittie.

Rage: I’m not admitting shit, Kittie.  I’m not that kid’s father.

Kittie: I’m sorry, but I think you are.  And you know what else I think?

Rage shakes his head.

Rage: No, and right now I don’t give a shit.

Kittie: I actually think you need to talk to sit down and talk to Electra.  Let her explain her side of the story.

Rage’s eyes widen and he lets out a loud laugh.

Rage: You’re fucking kidding me, right?

Kittie shakes her head and looks at him with the most serious look she has ever given him.

Kittie: No, I’m really not.  Don’t get me wrong, I still hate the crazy bitch with a passion, but…

Rage: But nothing!  She’s trying to pin a kid that’s not mine on me!  I’m not falling for it, Kittie.  And quite frankly, I’m a bit pissed of that you seem to be buying into it.

Kittie shakes her head and lets out a disappointed sigh.

Kittie: Look, all I’m trying to say is that before you make up your mind about this and decide on what you want to believe, you need to hear her explanation.  This doesn’t just affect you anymore, Rage.  It also affects me.

Rage shakes his head quickly.

Rage: No, it doesn’t.  It really doesn’t.

Kittie takes in a deep breath and she finally takes her feet out of the water.  She gets back to her feet, staring at Rage with the calmest expression he’s ever seen on her face.

Kittie: Yes, it does.  I guess I’m done trying to push you into talking to her and listening to her side of the story, but for your sake?  I hope you come to your senses before we leave for this Canada tour.  Electra’s not going to keep calling you anymore now that she told you the truth, so the ball is in your hands Rage.

Rage looks confused for a moment and just as Kittie turns to head back inside, Rage calls out to her.

Rage: What the hell aren’t you telling me?  That bitch told you something didn’t she?

Kittie turns back around and just shrugs her shoulders.

Kittie: Maybe she did.  Maybe she didn’t.  If you really want to know, maybe you should contact her for yourself.

Rage frowns and Kittie finally heads back into the house, closing the door behind her.  Rage stands there in the pool for a long moment, narrowing his eyes and letting out a frustrated growl.  Moments later he splashes the water angrily and walks over to the edge of the pool, and gets out of the water.  He sits down on one of the oversized lounge chairs and buries his head in his hands, contemplating his next decision carefully in his head.

TBC…