Author Topic: A matter of time  (Read 502 times)

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
A matter of time
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:09:59 PM »
et it go

It hurt. The back of her heads, it throbbed in pain. She was able to drive, barely. But she probably shouldn’t have. The street lights above looking blurry causing her eyes to hurt and her brain to flare. Johanna needed to get to her parents houser. Talk to her father. Tell him what happened. Truth be told she should have gone to the hospital. She should have called people she trusted ands given a statement. She knew the procedures, she knew she could go to internal affairs. But, there was part of Johanna that now trusted no one. That now hated the process.

She turned her car down her parents street pulling up out the front, Everything felt off, her moto functions labored, her legs didn’t want to moe or cooperate. But she did it, she was able to take her keys from the ignition, open the door and stand up.

She took a step forward and almost stumbled. She could hear her footsteps rattling in her mind as her heavy black boots hit the concrete, she could feel her heart beating faster as her body reacted to the stress of what was obviously now a concussion. She could hear her own breathing become labored along with her heart. Johanna could feel consciousness slipping, she could see the black curtain rolling down over her eyes. Gravity was not her friend, and for a split second she felt as if she was going to fall forward.

Something stopped her.

The will to keep going. Each step, each movement was agony. She was able to get to the door reaching out and turning it. She moved into the main hallway, she could hear her mother and father talking in the kitchen, they heard the door close and the voices lowered, suddenly becoming like whispers. Johanna was confused, she had no idea why. Her hands finding the wall as she heard her mothers voice. [color-pink]”Johanna, is that you dear?”[/color] She couldn’t muster much of an answer. English escaped her.

”Ja, mutter” It barely made it out of her mouth. It must have sounded wrong, she could hear her father's footsteps from the tiles, the door swinging open. His face looking pale as a ghost as Johanna couldn't stay upright anymore. She slid forward, her father caught her.”Thank you….I will be alright.” Her words struggled. Her father shook his head and looked over at his wife who just swallowed hard looking horrified. She could hear their voices, she knew they were asking her questions. But for some reason, Johanna couldn’t understand or answer.

She felt herself being carried, moved through the house to the couch in her fathers den. There was more talking, arguing. Johannas eyes fluttered open. ”She needs a doctor, and we should call her partner’ Her mothers voices was louder than her fathers, he was speaking in a lower register, her mother threw her hands up, exasperated and angry storming out of the room. Johanna looked up and the vision started to clear, her father sat down next to her shaking his head.

”What happened?”

She shook it off and cleared here throat thinking back to a few hours before. The attack, the shot to the back of her head, the kick. All of it flooded in, the words, the voice. ”I was leaving, I was near my car and then...I got hit..I..” Her voice trailed off as she let out a groan and sat up, her father helping her by gripping her arm and handing her a glass of water. ”He told me to stop looking, he threatened me...this has something to do with the warehouse…” It all came back, Johanna went from confused to angry, her blood boiling as she reached for her cellphone, her father raising an eyebrow.

”Jo, what are you doing?” She dialled the number, he looked down recognising it. Suddenly her father reached forward snatching the phone from her hand. Johanna looked up, confused, turning her head. ”Think this through my girl. They already attacked you once, you need to wait till you can think clearly” Part of that made sense, but her father always wanted to do what was right, something seemed off…

Johanna swallowed hard and turned her legs from the couch putting them onto the hardwood floor, her hands moving to her knees as she set the water down on the small table beside her. ”I need to report this, I need to tell the superintendent, he should-”

”No” His volume startled her. Johannas father had always been measured and calm. But this was an undue and out of character outburst. Johanna swallowed as he got to his feet and paced back and forth holding her phone in his hand backspacing the numbers. He took a deep breath and swallowed hard. ”You need to let this go Johanna.”

His voice had calmed down, it was now its regular register. But Johanna couldn’t believe what she was hearing. To let go something that was clearly a corruption and an inside job, something was wrong. Her heart sank. Her father knew, he had to. ”Let it go? You know what’s going on, don’t you?” He stayed turned away from her. Johanna shook her head ands slumped back against the couch. She felt defeated, deflated, like her whole world had been a lie. Her father set her phone down on the table and sighed heavily.

His voice was how a whisper and she didn’t need to see it, but his lip had trembled. ”They...they took my pension Johanna…” Her jaw dropped, she had no idea what to say. His pension, his lifeblood. ”They said, if I could convince you to just leave it be...it would be reinstated...I had no idea they would…” His voice trailed off. Johanna stood up and finished his sentence.

”Attack me?”

There was a little more venom than she had planned, more force. Her father sighed and slowly turned around, his eyes were filled with sadness and remorse, he gave her a small nod and sat back against the edge of his desk. Johanna stepped forward and swallowed hard. ”I told them I was going to take care of it tonight...they obviously got impatient”

She ground her teeth together, her stomach, her heart, her brain, everything burned and boiled with anger. How could anyone do this? Treat her like this, her father like this? And how could he stand of it? ”Who is they?” Her eyes blazed, her father shook his head and reached down sliding her phone closer to her.

”It doesn’t matter Jo…..in the end...nothing does…”

A matter of time.

Her fingers gripped the green glass bottle. A trademark of the Heineken brand. Johanna lifted it to her lips taking a small sip, her black lipstick leaving a small smudge on the top of the bottle as she set it back down on the bench in front of her.Her fingertips danced along the bottle moving some of the concentration away.

”What is that old saying? No use crying over spilled milk?” Losing a championship isn’t exactly like spilled milk, but the point still stands. There is no point in crying over losing something, instead you should celebrate what you did with it and that you were actually able to become something greater than yourself. That’s how I feel about the mixed tag team championships that Alex and I won. We came into the company as a team and we were able to take those championships and make them mean something again. We didn’t let them fall into mediocrity like all the teams have done before us.“

“ he and I set out to do three things. To defend the championships more than anyone else, to hold those championships longer than anyone else, and to introduce the professional wrestling world at large to what I could do. Other companies had seen me, used me and put me out there. But Sin City was going to be the glorious place of my birth of dominance. We definitely accomplished one of those things having four defences. One more then Sierra and Lachlan”

“Unfortunately we were just over a week away from being able to say that we held the championships longer than anyone else, we came so close unfortunately we were just over a week away from being able to say that we held the championships longer than anyone else we came so close. but, if you remember through all of this, every single time I sat in front of a camera and I had the chance to share my thoughts and my feelings with the fans of sin city as well as the other women employed I told them what my plans were. I’ve never hidden them I’ve always been completely honest and completely transparent with what I want to do.”

She smiles and takes another sip of her beer, a small size escaping her lips as she puts the bottle back down on the bench. She gets to her feet and slowly moves her long blonde hair behind her ears, her bright blue eyes shining as she tilts her head slightly to the side.

”I want to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers on this planet, I want to show the world what I can do. Everyone wants to be able to be the best, everyone wants to be able to say that they’re the best. But very few people can prove it. Will I be able to? Who knows that’s what I’m here to find out. For the last few years I’ve sat back and I’ve trained and I’ve studied, I didn’t want to rush myself into anything, I didn’t want to join any large companies I was happy being in the smaller ones and paying my dues. But when Alex came to me and wanted me to join sincerely I jumped at the chance. I wanted to come here because I looked at the bombshells division and knew that not only could I be competitive, not only would I be tested, but I could be one of the best. When people think of wolfslair they think of Alicia as the best female in the gym. And the group.”

“And I won’t deny it, Alicia Lucas is one of the best professional wrestlers on this planet. But, is she the best in the group in the company? Just how good am I when it comes to all of that? Well, now is my time to prove it and to show just how good I can be.“

“Now is my chance to get in the ring with the best of the best, out of the confines and limitations of the mixed tag team division.“

“Now is my time to prove my worth, to see where I fit in this division. To earn my way up to any of the championships in this company. Whether that be the Internet, roulette, or the crown jewel of the bombshells division and sin city wrestling as a whole. And that path but I need to walk starts this week. And what a start it is, you say I’m not just facing some random name on the roster. I’m facing a bonafide legend.

Johanna laughs to herself shaking her head from side to side.

” I get to get in the ring against Roxi Johnson. A former bombshells champion, a woman who is known around the world for being one of the best professional wrestlers on the planet. A woman who will push you and test you and make you question whether or not you should even be in the same room as her. There are a lot of people in this company who would love to face Roxi, and there are some people in this company that would do everything they could to avoid facing Roxi. Now me? I’m in the first category I love the idea of being able to get in the ring with a woman like her. I may be cocky, I may be arrogant,I may think I can beat anyone in this company or any company.”

But, I also know when someone could beat me. And I am keenly aware that Roxi Could be me, and walk away smiling. I am fully aware of how good she is. Recently she was able to recapture the bombshells championship, it’s no easy feat, but she did it. And she’s always at the top of her card and always at the top of her game and truth be told there is always a certain amount of intimidation when you get in the ring with someone like her. But then again, with me you have the question of the unknown don’t you Roxi?”

“Sure, you’ve studied me, you’ve seen me tagging with Alex, you’ve seen me in a few singles matches against people like Bella Madison. But there’s always that question nagging at the back of your head, just how good is this woman?. Can she go? Or is she just talking blaster like some other women who have come into this company and phased out, fizzled and been gone?“

“Climax control, the question gets answered.“

“What does it mean for sin city? You see if I beat you Roxi, I get bragging rights and a new star is born. If I can prove that I am better than you on this night then suddenly a shudder goes up the spine of the entire division and they realise that there is a brand-new horror show coming for them. But if you beat me, and I put up a fight, then I just lost to a legend but show the world what I can do. I do respect you Roxi I hope you realise that, and I’m smart enough to know that as a veteran you know that I’ll be coming for you and that there is a large Target on your back, whether you are the champion or not your scalp is worth a hell of a lot.“

“But this is win/win for me. And I am looking forward to showing you and the entire world what I am capable of. Good luck Roxi, because trust me, you are going to need it.”