Author Topic: ENDEAVOR XLV  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
ENDEAVOR XLV
« on: August 11, 2023, 10:53:21 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 6 de 13 de agosto de 2023

Violent Conduct is two weeks away. The Queen for a Day participants have been decided. Zoey Lukas, Tempest, Kim Pain, and me. Neither of us got here by accident, we weren't simply just waiting for a handout. Every Bombshell here earned her way into this match, believe it or not, whether you like it or not, and there's not anything anyone can say or do about it.

Of course, my distractors still take the time out from their boring, mundane lives to run my name and reputation through the mud, which, let's face it, is purely because I am everything they’re not and everything they wish they could be and because I'm living the career they only wished they had. To me,  with or without a championship, whether I'm in a pre-show match, the opening match, the mid-card, or the main event, I've proven without a doubt that I'm the most accomplished talent in the women's division. While my competition is still so desperately trying to reach for brass rings, I already have mine, two of them.

OK, so they're not actually brass rings, or made from brass, but my Hall of Fame rings look so much better.

Apparently, I had a match last show, but why even bother mentioning it when my opponent didn't care about the outcome in the week leading up to it? They say you’re only as good as your last match. Well, I'm not defined by one match, or several matches. Because like I've said before and I'll say again, I don’t lose. I win or I learn. Why bring attention to someone that has had just a few good months? Why waste my words on someone who deserves silence?

Out of sight, out of mind. Moving on.

Anyone who has known me, knows that I am too resilient and too tough to stay down for long. So motivation for my match against Tempest this weekend was at an all-time high. That I'm facing a familiar name who has given me a tough challenge in the past is always a match you get up for

That said, the history between Tempest and I isn't very long, but it did have its moments, particularly the time where Goth and I beat Tempest and Austin James Mercer for the World Mixed Tag Team Championship It's true that they won the first round, but Goth and I got our sweet revenge, so there's that.

However, the first time Tempest and I met, one-on-one, she beat me. She won. Haven't exactly gotten over that, but good things come to those who wait. So, with all apologies to a 90s song I heard the other day: it has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?

I remember when Tempest first made her debut in SCW. That she had to face her fellow GO Gym Graduate, Krystal Wolfe was ironic to say the least, but Tempest won that match, and pretty convincingly, I might add.

Most opponents who stand in Tempest's way don't stand a chance, much less have a prayer. In her eyes, they're not even an opponent. They're a ragdoll, a chew toy, a sacrifice, a simple act of charity given by SCW.

What I find funny is that in the more than two years since Tempest's Christmas night debut, her only claim to fame is that tag title run. No doubt she could go on a long singles title reign, but something seems to be missing. Since losing the World Mixed Tag Team Championship, what exactly has Tempest done since in her career? She should have won the Bombshell Internet Championship in that battle royal instead of Kayla Richards last year. She and Austin had to be the favorites in the four-way mixed tag World Mixed Tag Team Championship match at Summer XXXTreme this year. You know, maybe, just maybe, Tempest isn't the threat she claims to be. Maybe she's destined to be a tag team wrestler forever and only trotted out for special occasions like some kind of pandering show pony or a rodeo clown.

She's lost only three times in singles matches, which in and of itself, is impressive. She beat Alexandra Calaway in her last match. Impressive, yes, but sometimes it's not about the opponents you beat, but the opponents who beat you. And the three opponents who own a victory over Tempest are the last people I wouldn't even give the time of day: Bella Madison, Bobbie Dahl, and Seleana Zdunich.

Oof.

Did I say that out loud?

Sorry, not sorry.

Tempest has had her way with a lot of her opponents in SCW, yet very few have really challenged her, and I like to believe I'm one of them. With Tempest, she's expecting to see fear and desperation in my eyes, and there should be. But that's not what she's getting. No, behind these eyes, mamita, is anticipation. Behind these eyes are little flames dancing in excitement because now I get an opportunity to wipe that smirk off your face before I crush your dreams two weeks later when I climb that ladder, rung by rung, and claim that Queen for a Day contract. You, Zoey, and Kim will witness history while I make history one more time. I mean, at this point, Tempest, this should be nothing for you because two years ago in late November 2020, I became a record three-time World Mixed Tag Team Champion.

I like Rio, I love Rio, but there's a time for business and pleasure, and I'm going to have both this weekend.

Sunday can't come soon enough. I'm waiting with baited breath for the moment I get the opportunity to step in the ring with you and finally add your name to my checklist.

Revenge is an act of passion, vengeance is an act of justice. And while they say good things come to those who wait, something tells me Tempest isn't going to like what's coming to her.

As a matter of fact, I guarantee it.

~~~

FLASHBACK || RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL || SUNDAY, JULY 28, 2013

[Mercedes Vargas buries her face in her hands and sighs deeply, sitting in her hotel room, reflecting on what happened to her moments ago.

Some would call it a tragedy. Others would call it a case of simple bad luck. But she knew better. She knew a lot better to know what this really was. It had to have been an hour or so after the show ended.

Mercedes: All I wanted was to go out. Is that too much to ask?

[Even if the plan was to sit inside a warm, dry bar, she didn't expect her newfound friends to postpone for another day. Well, rain seems to be an occurrence here in Brazil, so this was normal. At least this is what her roommate tells her.]

Roommate: Are you listening to yourself right now?

«She sits on the bed next to Mercedes. She gets up and moves away, turning her back towards him.»

Mercedes: Sorry, it's just that I hate being cooped up in my room all day. It's been raining all day.

[She turns around and faces him.]

Mercedes: This was supposed to be My TIME. MY MOMENT. AND IT WAS ALL TAKEN AWAY FROM ME! DAMN MOTHER NATURE!!

Mercedes failure to compose herself doesn't end well as her roommate slowly stands to his feet, shaking his head.»

Roommate: I told you this would happen, you didn't believe me. Now you see for yourself. Are you going to be okay?

Mercedes: Yeah, I guess so.

Roommate: If we hurry now, we just might catch the last flight out of the country.

Mercedes: I'll be down in five minutes. I just need to be alone right now.

Roommate: Take your time.

[The roommate walks out of the leaves before he stops and turns back to Mercedes.]

Roommate: I'll be downstairs.

Mercedes: Just go!

~~~

Present Day ♦ RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL

[REC•]

"Another week in South America? What did I do to deserve this kindness?"

[Open on Mercedes Vargas at a juice bar in Rio, which is common in this city. Dressed in a red dress and high heels, her brunette hair into a tumble of soft curls.]

"Beautiful people, breathtaking scenery, vibrant nightlife. What's not to love about Brazil, especially Rio? When they said this month would have a lot of tourists here, they weren't joking. You know how long it took me to find a place to get some peace and quiet?

"Anyway..."

[She takes a sip from her half-full glass, puts it down on the counter.]

"Wow! This papaya drink is amazing!

Anyway, my match last week in Peru didn't exactly work out how I wanted to, but that's okay. New week, new city, new opponent, same goal: to win. With Violent Conduct just around the corner, momentum is important, but little did I know that my opponent is one I'll be seeing again in two weeks. Oh, and did I mention this is a Throw in the Towel match? I didn't? Well it bears repeating: A Throw in the Towel match. Which means it's an I Quit match. Well, this sure wasn't on my bingo card for 2023?"

[Mercedes offers a side eye roll.]

"Well, if you've been following my career in Sin City Wrestling for the past ten years, you know that I have never backed down from a challenge yet, and I don't quit. Ever. I've survived and thrived and rolled through the punches in SCW, even when things weren't so great. I've  survived Bombshells trying to end my career, I've had mealy mouth bitches serve up put downs and disses and throwing negativity my way for most of my career."

[She pauses for a second.]

"It didn't work then, it didn't work now. Tempest, you know better than anyone that I'm a fighter, because that's who I am. How did you think I got where I am in my career? The only way you're going to get Kim to throw in the towel is in your wildest dreams.

"Come this Sunday, I'm going to be the reality staring you in the face at the go-home show. And the reason Zoey throws in the towel on your behalf isn't to stop the match, it's to save you from me!"

[Mercedes points at herself before she gives an intimidating look at the camera.]

"See you Sunday!"

[***Fade***]

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)