Author Topic: The Six Million Dollar Lyon  (Read 749 times)

Offline TheLyonsDen

• View Profile
The Six Million Dollar Lyon
« on: February 02, 2024, 08:33:40 PM »
Yes. We can rebuild him. He will be better that he was before.

Better.
Stronger.
Faster.

Eddie Lyons in short, was in a slump. Still feeling the effects of his quick rise to championship matches, only to end up having what many are calling a fall from grace. Some have said he’s broken, and his flash in the pan run has finally fizzled out. He was able to defeat The Troll, but followed that up with a loss to Bill Barnhart.

Coach Kaiser knows he needs to figure out something with his student, because he knows the talent is there. Eddie has already proven he can hang. Even with the losses he has suffered, Eddie is still known to bring a fight, which honestly doesn’t sound like a broken man.  It sounds like a man that just needs some more guidance so he can push himself to that next level, like his cohort Cleo Phillips did before him. There were some cracks forming, but Eddie was far from broken, he just needed help finding a way to repair his cracks.

Blood Bath Brawl in Vegas, winning that would be  a great booster to get Eddie back on his horse.

And one of them even gets an early taste of the carnage to be because Justin Smith is about to enter The Lyons Den.

The year was 2009 and an eight year old Eddie Lyons walks home from school, backpack slung over one shoulder, dark grey hoodie and a Linkin Park t-shirt. Minding his own business, when the older middle school kids approached him, surrounding him like a shiver of sharks.

“Hey kid, where’s your mommy?” one of them, presumably the leader taunted as he blocked Eddies path.

“Leave me alone. I don’t even know you.”
Eddie protested, just before the kids started with the shoving, followed by the tossing around of the backpack.

“Hey that’s mine!” said Eddie

“You gotta catch it nerd.” the kid taunted.

“C’mon! Stop!” Eddie pleaded.

The teasing and pushing around continued, until a males voice rang out

“Hey knock it off Tommy.”  It was Vincent Lyons Jr, Eddies older cousin. “You feel good picking on kids?”

“Vincent? You know this loser?” said Tommy.

“He’s my fucking little cousin.”
said Vincent Jr, “Now get your fucking goons out of here, before I make you.”

Tommy eyeballed Vincent Jr for a moment, and motioned to call his goons off. Vincent quickly moved to help his cousin gather his backpack, and whatever items had fallen around in the process of the bullying.

“You alright Eddie?” he asked.

“...I think so.” Eddie replied “Are those your friends?”

“No, they go to my school.” Vincent replied, “They’re jerks to everyone. Tommy won’t mess with me though. He knows better.”

“Why?” asked Eddie

“Well, he called Victoria a name that I shouldn’t repeat around you, but it was very mean and I had to punch him in the mouth for it.” Vincent said with a slight laugh.

“Thank you Vincent.” said Eddie.

“Of course, we’re family.” said Vincent, “I’ll always have your back, c’mon I’ll walk you home.”

Eddie looked across The Lyons Den at his cousin Vincent. Someone he once looked up to. Someone he could always count on growing up, but as they grew into adults their paths grew apart and Eddie’s family eventually moved away to Baltimore.

Now he didn’t know who Vincent was anymore. Vincent had became a bully himself in his adult life. He couldn’t let himself become what Vincent had. A shell of who he really was. He had to remain strong, not just of body but of mind. He had to put the losses behind him, and just focus on the future.

Eventually Vincent was led away somewhere else by his sister Victoria, presumably to meet with their cousin Alex to discuss their own careers.

But he couldn’t worry about that. Vincent, Victoria, Alex, even Cleo. They weren’t important here. Eddie was, and the only person he needed to worry about right now was Justin Smith.

“Hey Eddie!” the voice of Coach Kaiser rang out pulling Eddie from his daydream.

“You ready? “ said Coach Kaiser, “We gotta tape your promo and send it to SCW management before the deadline.”

“Huh?” Eddie replied., “Oh, promo right. Justin Smith. Got it. We using the promo room this time then?”

“Unless you wanted to shoot elsewhere.” said Coach Kaiser

“Nah, promo rooms fine.” said Eddie.

Eddie stands in front of a backdrop, bearing the logo of The Lyons Den, dressed in normal athletic gear, complete with his usual SCW t-shirt, the camera lingers on him for a few moments, catching his expression of unbreakable determination.

“Justin Smith.” he began, “What can I say about you that hasn’t already been said? I mean Aiden Reynolds sort of nailed it didn’t he? You’re boring, devoid of any character and have no redeeming qualities. It’s actually difficult to even find words to say about you, because you give nothing. You’re just…some guy. I’ve been having a rough time in the past few weeks but at least I’m still someone to be taken seriously. I don’t think anyone around here takes you seriously at all.”

Eddie rubs his hands together and paces back and forth for a moment.

“I have to wonder why you even get handed opportunities for things like the Golden Briefcase, because I’m sure there were plenty of other wrestlers who could have given Rodrigo a better fight.” Eddie continued, “But I guess it all worked out for Rodrigo didn’t it?”

Eddie shrugged, and continued on

“I’m sure you’ll just say some generic shit about me too.” said Eddie, “You’re gonna kick my ass, you’re gonna break me.. You might even do the easy thing and call me a choke artist, although I’m not even sure you’re paying attention enough to even think of any of that. Aiden’s right, you’re learning nothing from your losses.”

Eddie then gives the camera a grin.

“But I am.” he said, “I’m learning from my losses because I want to be better. I want to be a champion someday, and I will be. I don’t think you will ever be anything close to a champion in SCW. I mean never say never I guess, but I have to be honest about my opinion right?  So let’s discuss your next lesson, the one you’ll be getting from me.”

He pauses, and takes a moment to take in a breath.

“See, I need to rebound. I felt good after gaining some momentum off The Troll, but then Bill Barnhart knocked me right back down.” said Eddie, “Now you get to learn what it means to truly never give up, to push yourself to keep fighting even when the going gets tough. When you do manage to get some semi coherent thoughts to come out of your mouth, you talk about smashing everything in your path, and making everyone scream and cry in pain. Big Bad Justin Smith is going to destroy everyone. But it never really works that way does it?  I’m everything you think you are Justin, and you’re about to find out why they call me unbreakable.”

Eddie glares daggers into the camera as he continues.

“You’re going to be eating your own words, because I have my own goals that I need to accomplish, and I sure as hell am not going to let someone as forgettable as you derail me.” said Eddie, “I need to become more vicious. I need to find my inner animal instinct. My..lion if you will. I was once to worried about losing my honor if I became too aggressive, but I’ve come to understand, I can still be lethal and hold onto my honor. Captain America, one of the most honorable heroes had his shield and he’d crack a skull if he had to  The beloved and honorable Ned Stark still took the heads of his enemies. So why shouldn’t I be able to take the heads of my opponents, or crack skulls if I need to? You’re about to enter The lions den Justin, and you’re going to get ripped to shreds. If I’m in a good mood, maybe I’ll leave some for the Blood Bath Brawl.”

Eddie winks and smirks at the camera.

“See you soon Justin.” he says with a grin, as the cameras fade to black.

“Good work.” Coach Kaiser said as Eddie finished his promo, and he turned off the camera.

“I just hope Justin comes a little better than he usually does.” said Eddie.

“I don’t know.” Kaiser shrugged, “I’ve seen types like him before, John Blade in HWL and there were the Landersons in PWS. None of them ever really impressed anyone, but hey they kept fighting I guess. Still I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Just do your thing, and you’ll be fine."

“Oh, I’m kicking his ass.” said Eddie, “I’m over being all defeatist about my losses, I’m just using them to fuel me further and Justin is going to get his fucking head kicked in.”

“That’s what I like to hear.” Kaiser smiled, he truly was proud of his student and knew he did indeed have a bright future.

“I just know, the younger version of me would want me to keep fighting the good fight, and not give up on themselves like Vincent did.” said Eddie, “I wanted to be like him you know. He always had my back when we were younger.”

“Well, people change.” Kaiser shrugged, “I miss the old Vincent too, but he might be too far gone now. You are not however. I see it in you/ You’re just a good person Eddie. You want to inspire the youth with a never give up attitude, and that’s something to be respected. You’re not about shortcuts and you keep a pretty good attitude about things.”

“Well, I try.” Eddie said.

“We all do, and hey losses eat at us all.” Coach Kaiser continued, “But all you gotta do is get back on that horse and keep riding.”

“All the way to the Blood Bath Brawl.” said Eddie.

“Indeed.” agreed Kaiser, “C’mon Cleo should be here soon, let’s go run some drills.”

“Sounds good coach.” said Eddie, giving his Coach a fist bump as the two headed off for more training, as they prepare Eddie for his SCW future.