Author Topic: Moonlit Words  (Read 631 times)

Offline Luna Pasilno

• View Profile
Moonlit Words
« on: February 02, 2024, 08:02:31 PM »
Moonlit Waters
Scene One | Off-Camera

The world had felt a little more empty this year. No amount of comfort, care. No amount of love. No amount of people pandering could change that. The worst part? Nobody gave a fucking damn about them. They had been publically hurting. They had been agonising for weeks over the loss of their friend. Did anyone fucking care?

Not a single one of them.

Spiteful, angry and full of hatred. Alex had been so full of passion, desire and hope. He was now a broken shell of a man, wallowing in his own despair. Luna had been ready to focus, to take the year by storm. Now, not a single one of them even offered their condolences to her. Her fucking brother had died, and only Vhodka had offered to help? She was surrounded by sycophantic, mewling filth. When Carter’s father had passed, the world swooned to his feet. Pampered the sweet man. When Ariana was falling and failing, she had offered her the only branch of friendship. Did either of them even take a moment to think about her?

No they did not.

Angry, hateful and spiteful. Sitting at the edge of the cute little swimming pool, at the Airbnb they had booked for their short little getaway. They had a week to themselves. A week to pretend that their marriage hadn’t started with the worst gift they could have ever received. A week to pretend that they could find some kind of happiness again. So they had run away, taken to a cute little place in New Zealand. Explored Middle Earth, found time and happiness in each other.

But now, on their last night, she had time to think. Time to wonder about the choices of those around her. Time to think about how little these people they surrounded themselves with actually cared. Time to think about the sycophants. An anger betrayed by the calmness of her face. A reflection of the water before her. Lightly lapping, and undisturbed. A perfect mask hiding the vitriol of the woman who sat behind it. The hatred of a woman who had lost her soul.

“Tell me what’s on your mind, pretty lady.”

Alex had silently slipped in beside her. She jumped just a little, the man moved quieter than the air around them. Maybe she was just so deep in her own mind. She turned to look at him, and then rested her chin on his shoulder. Looking straight into the side of his face.

“Why do they hate us? Why do they all pretend like we don’t fucking exist? Why don’t they fucking care?”

“Selfish, self-indulgent, and uncaring for those who do not inflate them. They aren’t worth our time, Lu. They aren’t worth the air we wasted upon them. They aren’t worth the salt that they waste. The air that they breathe. They aren’t worth it. I’m tired of pandering to those who do not give a damn about us.”

It would seem that Alex had been stewing on the same thoughts. No matter how happy things could be, they both were terrible at remaining in that happiness. Especially now. Especially when there was nothing but each other. Nothing but each other to keep them afloat. It was funny how time could change things. Alex had been trying to be so hopeful in people. Taking the positives, taking what he could. He wasn’t so positive anymore. He’d finally been allowed his freedom, and now he was just… angry.

They were both so angry.

Her legs swung back and forth slowly, the tip of her toes gently touching the surface of the water. Alex slipped an arm around her, pulling her tightly against his side. A cigarette offered, a cigarette taken. The flash of the lighter, and then again. Both of them sitting there, cigarettes hanging from their mouths. Just silently watching the moonlit water.

“I want to hurt them, Alex. I want to make them feel like I feel. I want to jam my fucking fingers into their eyes, and claw their goddamn throats. I want to pierce their flesh and bleed them dry. I want them to feel how I feel. I want all of them to just fucking die.”

“Then we’ll hurt them. We’ll hurt every single one of them. We’ll punish every single person for being in our way. We’ll punish every person, and we’ll make them bleed. Make them hurt. Make them beg to stop. To be released from the pain.”

There he was. That angry boy she once knew. A man filled with hatred for the world. A hatred for the people who would spit upon them. The man who fixed every issue he could with his fists. Who left people who wronged them in bloody heaps, complaining about their broken jaws. The boy she fell in love with all those years ago. Full of passion, full of fire. The raging Raven.

“I might not be stepping into that ring anymore. I don’t want it. Not now. But, I’ll be there for you. I’ll be there for you Luna. I’ll be there to make sure they all know how they fucked up.”

“I love you, Lexi.”

“I love you, Lu.”

His arm moved away from her, his cigarette handed to her and then he was soaring past her. Diving straight into the water. Disappearing beneath the water surface. He was gone for a few moments, and then he reappeared. Arms hanging on the edge of the pool, a stupid smile on his face. Even in the darkest moments, there was light to be had.

And then he fucking pulled her into the pool.
Piercing Words
Scene Two | On-Camera

“You know, last time I was given the opportunity to take the Bombshell Internet Championship to a super card. I did just that. I walked into a murder’s row of women, and I walked out on top. I then proceeded to live up to my reputation as a transitional champion for the second time. Funny how the world works sometimes. But here we are, months later and I’ve got the chance to do the same thing again. To walk out of the final Climax Control of this cycle, and walk into the big show to start the year as champion. To face off against a woman I can’t beat, a woman who I have beat, and a woman who we’ll learn if I can beat.”

“Funny how the wheel of fate, of time, turns for us all. I was so high on the world last time. I had a new focus. A new passion. I was being my own woman. I was standing on my own two fucking legs, and I was spitting upon those who thought they could control and manipulate. My biggest regret? That was one of the last times I saw my brother healthy. Standing, cracking jokes and attempting to soothe a situation. The last time I saw him being who I will always remember him to be. My big, strong brother. The man who helped me get clean. The man who helped me get my life back on track. I was finding myself again, and I spited him for it.”

“And then he died. Killed, truthfully. Some scum fucker put two bullets in my brother, and I watched as his body failed him. The abuse he’d put himself through, his body just couldn’t keep up with it anymore. His body shut down, and I watched him die. The man who was going to outlive us all. The man who was going to sing us down into our graves, and make sure there wasn’t a man, woman, child, theydy or gentlethem that wasn’t laughing their way to our burial. My brother died, and not a single person gave a flying fucking damn.”

“So I’ve come into this year on a bit of a stumble. Lost in my mind, lost in sorrow. Attempting to push that out with the beatings and the bangings of stepping into the ring. Throwing myself against the likes of Tempest just to fucking feel something. To feel like I matter. To feel like I mean something. And then you decided to get yourself fucking involved. Because your personal matters mean more than my desire to live. How fucking cute, Courtney Pierce.”

“What gave you the right to get yourself involved in my affairs? You wanted to target Tempest? Fine. Do it on your own fucking time. You want to hurt people, want to make them see you for who you are? To be relevant in this time and place where you’ve fallen from the awnings that hold your fucking noose? You see the problem with people around here, is they act like they are the only fucking ones that matter. That how they exist in the world, is the central point of the universe. And all of us should just fucking rotate around their axis, giving them leeway to be a cunt. I don’t appreciate that sort of mentality, Courtney. I don’t appreciate someone thinking they are worth more than anyone else. I don’t appreciate you getting involved when I’m trying to make my life some level of livable again.”

“So here is what I expect to happen. You and I walk into Climax Control. Doesn’t matter who walks out the winner. It’s a fleeting moment for us both, because this isn’t about the championship gold for me. I couldn’t give less of a goddamn about the Bombshell Internet Championship. I couldn’t care less about winning the gold again. I couldn’t care less about your petty squabbles and fucking insecurities. No, what I care about is making you understand something.”

“Making you understand that the nails running down your back are because you deserve to be cut open. That the reason my fingers are in your eye sockets trying to gouge your pretty little eyes out, is because I want to see you squirm like the little fucking worm that you are. I want you to think about what you decide to do moving forward. About getting involved in someone else’s affairs, because you think you’re entitled to do whatever you want, whenever you fucking want.”

“I’m not here anymore for the prestige, or the proving. I’m not here for the fucking vanity of it all. I don’t care for you, I don’t care for any of you. I offered my friendship to people, who spat in my fucking face. Who didn’t even offer a moment of condolence for my loss. The sycophants that we are surrounded with here? You’re one of the worst, Courtney. You’re one of the worst because you don’t care how your actions impact others. So, I’m going to ensure you understand how your actions are going to impact your career. Because now, I just want to hurt you. You can keep the championship. I don’t care. You can take the win, I don’t fucking care. What I do care about, lover? I care about making the world hurt, like I’m hurting.”

“Until people can stop pretending that they are any more important than anyone else. Call me a hypocrite if you want, it doesn’t matter to me. I understand the hypocrisy in what I’m saying, and what I want to do as a result. But anyone with two brain cells to rub together, and the emotional maturity to understand their actions have fucking consequences. They’d recognise that what I’m saying is not to elevate myself. But it is to check the arrogance of the cunts that think they are beyond it all.”

“So, I want you to understand this, Courtney. Win or lose, I don’t care. This match? It’s a fucking exhibition for the sake of your own vanity. The only one that matters is the match at My Bloody Valentine. This? This is just for the sake of vanity, of walking in as champion. For the sake of being the woman who gets to defend her yard. Defend her throne. Defend herself. I was the one who cost us our match. Funny that. Funny that I hadn’t even had time to properly mourn my brother, and I wasn’t in the right mental state.“

“Hell, I’m still not in the right mental state. I don’t really want to be here, but I know. I know I’ll fucking tear myself apart if I sit at home letting myself stew on the absence of my brother. If I sit at home stewing on the fact that I’m surrounded by sociopaths, who only offer sympathy when it benefits them. Who beg and scratch for a modicum of emotional connection, and then pretend that others no longer matter. All I want? I want to hurt people. That’s all I want.”

“So I’ll see you at Climax Control. I’ll see you at My Bloody Valentine. And I’ll ensure that both affairs are as bloody as they fucking need to be. I hope Krystal and Tempest are listening too. Because they aren’t safe either. Nobody is fucking safe. Nobody is free. Nobody is exempt. Everyone will bleed, everyone will hurt, and everyone will feel the pain I feel. Nobody gets to be free of this.”