Author Topic: “New Year, New Angel Part II: Rumours Abound.”  (Read 752 times)

Offline Ariana Angelos

• View Profile
“New Year, New Angel Part II: Rumours Abound.”
« on: January 25, 2024, 07:48:48 PM »
(Carter was used with Chris’s permission, Miles was used with Laura’s permission)

Team Go hadn’t had the best start to 2024, Ariana had failed to recapture the Bombshell Internet Championship from Courtney Pierce and Carter had been eliminated in the first round of the Elite 8 Tournament for the vacant World Heavyweight Championship leaving Ariana’s bestie disillusioned with his lack of luck in the squared circle since joining SCW.

They had a chance to get their first wins of the year this weekend though as Carter and Ari were teaming up to take on SCW legends Ben Jordan and Sam Marlowe! The last time Ariana faced Sam was in last year’s Blast from the Past Tournament where Ariana had pinned Sam to advance to the second round of the tournament only to get knocked out by J2H and Devona in the Quarter Finals, can Team Go get the win?

Backstage at Climax Control 383, Denver, Colorado
Sunday the 21st of January 2024, 21:00pm

So close, no matter how far.

The Bombshell Internet Championship might be out of my reach for now but I’ll keep watching Courtney’s reign, waiting for a chance to cost her the title like she cost me the title in the first place! But until then, I have my own problems, because I just got the word via the New Card Text.

I’m in action next week, teaming up with Carter for the first time in months to take on Ben Jordan and Sam Marlowe, two legends of the SCW ring! The last time Carter faced Ben was during one of the most difficult times of his life and he lost that match but what about me and Sam? Well, my last match with Sam is a bit more recent than Carter’s match with Ben, in that it happened a year ago.

Me and Sam last faced off in last year’s Blast from the Past Tournament in the second week of the opening round, and more importantly? I scored the win for my team in that match, we’ll just ignore the fact that my team with Oz was defeated in the second round by J2H and Devona and that just a few months later I’d be at war with Oz and his Jet City allies, why? Because those facts aren’t all that important to the story here, the important fact is, I have a win over a former World Bombshell Champion.

So what’s the problem? Me and Carter against two SCW legends that we’ve faced before, why am I worried? The problem is Carter himself, and I say that with a heavy heart, why? Because ever since he lost to Finn Whelen in the opening round of Elite 8 Tournament he’s been in a funk.

And yeah, this is giving me flashbacks to when I was in a similar situation after I failed to claim the World Bombshell Championship from Roxi Johnson at last year’s Into the Void, I’m hoping that we can get Carter out of this funk a lot sooner than it took me.

For context? It took me from Into the Void in May to Violent Conduct in September to get my confidence up to the level I wanted it at, a funk that began and ended with a World Bombshell Title Match no less!

Funny how things work out, huh?

”When was the last time I teamed with Carter?” I wondered to myself as I looked at next week’s card, even though we were one of the most seasoned teams in the Mixed Tag Division it was rare that I got to team with Carter these days, how rare? ”It must’ve been that match against the Barnharts right after last year’s Summer XXXTreme, right?”

”That sounds about right, because since then you’ve been focussed on your singles career.” Francisco commented as he walked up to me and I grinned when I saw my husband. ”And that match technically broke your losing streak.”

”Yeah, technically because Carter got the pin on Bill in that match.” I nodded in response as I folded my arms, my hand was feeling a lot better to the point that my brace was about to come off permanently, but I still had some thoughts about it. ”Franky, can you remind me to buy a fingerless glove before this thing gets taken back to the hospital?”

”Err, sure, but why?” Francisco asked and I held up my braced hand before making a fist with it. ”Oh I get it! You want to replicate that look without the brace.”

”Well, I’m not about to ask someone to repeatedly attack my hand so I can have this on for longer, am I? Never mind all the ways that could backfire!” I responded as I shook my head and Francisco nodded in agreement. ”I guess I kinda came to like having an accessory on one of my hands as a prop, even if my current one is there for medical reasons.”

”It certainly helps that Courtney went after your dominant hand, even if that’s left you unable to do as much as you usually do around the house.” Francsico nodded in understanding and I frowned, Courtney really doesn’t know how much she took away from me, doesn’t she? ”Maybe get one custom made? With your initials on it or something.”

”I knew I married you for a reason other than your looks, I’ll start looking into it during the week.” I responded with a grin and Francisco nodded before I kissed him. ”We’d better head to the hotel, it’s getting late.”

”Agreed, let’s go.” Francisco nodded in agreement before we left.

The Disaster Diaries, Ariana’s hotel room, Denver, Colorado
Monday the 22nd of January 2024, 11:00am

(on camera)

As I turned on the webcam I had a lot on my mind.

”So, I’m basically getting this week’s first disaster diary out of the way before I check out of the hotel and head back to Vegas, I may be out of the Bombshell Internet Title Scene for now but I’m not out of big matches.” I commented as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Team Go’s first match in months, and we’ve stepped up quite a bit in competition at that, going from The Barnharts to two certified SCW legends, SCW’s sweetheart Sam Marlowe and “The Cockney King” Ben Jordan.

Talk about a big task, huh?”

I grinned as I flipped some hair over my shoulder.

”This isn’t the first time we’ve faced Ben or Sam, as a collective unit? Sure, but we’ve faced them separately, I won’t go into too much detail about Carter’s first match with Ben because, well that was an ugly time in his life to say the least but the long and short of it is that he lost that match, me and Sam on the other hand? We faced each other as recently as last year, in the Blast from the Past Tournament.

That’s another match with a story behind it, a much happier story than Carter’s match but I’d be here all day if I had to recap my war with Jet City, but I won that match and that’s what matters, you see the situation here? My partner lost to Sam’s partner and I beat Ben’s partner.

Either one side gets a win back and beats an opponent again or the other does the same, it’s almost enough to wonder where the Mixed Tag Team Title Shot is to come with such a big match, right? I mean, this is Ben and Sam’s first match in months, and the return of Team Go after we spent most of the past year focussing on singles gold, that should be a bigger deal in my opinion.

So what gives? I’ll have to ask Carter the next time I see him.”

*end Vlog*

Ariana’s studio, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 24th of January 2024, 11:00am

It’s been a while since I used this studio.

And there is a good reason for that, since my hand got injured I haven’t been able to get any cooking done out of fear that I’d make the injury worse forcing Francisco to take over the cooking whilst I recovered.

Good thing my husband is a good cook!

Anyway, I figured I may as well use the studio for something and I asked if Miles and Carter were down for doing a video with me, what kind of video? You Laugh, You Lose!

Not exactly the most original of concepts but hey, it’s a good way to unwind at least!

“Oh my days!” Miles exclaimed as he wiped a tear of laughter from his eye and Carter nearly fell off the couch in laughter. “Where does your editor find these clips?!”

”YouTube, TikTok, plus whatever vids get sent in via the discord.” I explained with a grin as the next clip played, it was a Family Feud clip featuring Steve Harvey asking a redhead a question.

“Name something that Abraham Lincoln probably used to ride on.” Steve asked the redhead in the clip as Miles went to take a sip of his drink and she closed her eyes before answering:

“Ms. Lincoln!” And Miles nearly spat out his drink at that exact moment, Carter nearly doubled over in laughter and as for me? I was trying to hide my laughter by covering my face with my hands.

“OH MY GAWD! RIDIN’ ON DAT THANG MS. LINCOLN GOD!” We weren’t expecting that to actually be on the board thinking it was too risqué for a show like Family Feud.

And then “Mary Tod Lincoln” appeared at the very bottom of the board and we lost it! ”THAT WAS ACTUALLY ON THE BOARD?! HAH!!!!!!! Carter exclaimed in between fits of laughter and I was laughing so hard, not just from the answer but Steve’s classic “Steve Harvey has stopped responding” reaction. ”I hate to think what’s next!”

”I think there’s two more from family feud?” I asked and then another Family Feud clip came up, this time from the final round featuring a dark haired guy.

“Name a job that’s dirty but someone has to do it.” Steve instructed the contestant who answered:

“Plumber.” The buzzer sounded and he was told to answer again.

”Sex Toy Tester?” I answered after pausing the vid and once they recovered from the shock they turned to me. ”What? Someone has to test those things and make sure they are safe to use down there and you know what? Let’s resume the clip!”

“Great idea!” Miles responded before he hit play on the clip.

“Oh, err, Gynaecologist!” Yeah we had to end it there because we were laughing so hard, from the look of instant regret on the guy’s face to the look Steve was giving him? It was all good.

”Err, bestie, are you okay?” I asked Carter after I heard a thud and saw that he had fallen off the couch from laughter.

”I’m okay! Don’t know if my sides will be okay in time for Climax Control but I’m okay!” Carter assured me before I helped him up. ”We should definitely do more of these!”

”Agreed, or at least get some other SCW Wrestlers on, ones we get on with that is!” I responded with a grin and the guys nodded in agreement, once we had our total scores we turned off the camera and went about the rest of the day as normal.

The Disaster Diaries, Ariana’s Studio, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 24th of January 2024, 18:00pm

*promo time, on camera*

Here we go.

”So yeah, you know me and Carter’s history with Ben and Sam, we’ve faced them before separately but not as a collective unit, real question is, can we make good on our greater experience as a team?” I asked as I folded my arms. ”Short answer? Yes, long answer? I think we’ve got a shot, me and Carter have been wrestling regularly in SCW for a couple of years now but Sam and Ben have been off and on. I think the last time we saw them was when they were going head to head with Jet City’s Eiley and Oz.”

Funny that.

”And you guys well know the history between me and pretty much everyone from Jet City at this point, but I’m not here to talk about my one woman war with that school’s graduates, I’m here to talk about my opponents in this match.” I added as flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”So, shall we do that?”

Sam, you’re up?

”When I faced Sam in last year’s Blast from the Past Tournament it was definitely a match I was looking forward to but also one that I was nervous heading into, my Roulette Title reign had just ended and I had also failed in my first attempt to win the Bombshell Internet Championship, now? We face each other in similar circumstances because I just lost the Bombshell Internet Title, failed to win it back and now we face in a Mixed Tag Match!” I stated as I folded my arms. ”Real question is, will this match end the same way as our encounter in the Blast from the Past Tournament? I think it can, because I’m not a competitor who makes the same mistake twice unless outside forces are involved, cough Ruby Steele cough, and this match won’t be any different!”

And Ben?

”Ben though? He’s the big question hanging over my head as it relates to this matchup, because Ben beat Carter when they faced off all the way back in 2022!” I sighed I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”There is off course one caveat to that, and that’ SCW’s intergender rules! I’ll be restricted to taking on Sam and Carter will be taking on Ben, meaning that Ben and Carter might not even play a role in how this matchup plays out as far as how it ends is concerned, but if they do? All I can really hope for is Carter getting the win for us in that scenario!”

It’s that simple.

”So yeah, in other words this match is a classic case of two veteran wrestlers in Ben and Sam taking on two relative rookies in me and Carter and really? I’m only saying relative because me and Carter have been wrestling since 2019, funny how time flies, right?” I asked with a slight laugh. ”Off course that does bring its own question, can the veterans keep up with us young guns or will we see our inexperience play out and lose? There’s only one way we can answer that question.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”By which I off course mean get in the ring with Ben and Sam this Sunday and with the first PPV of the year getting close? Who knows how this match will affect our potential placements on the show?” I asked as I made a fist with my braced hand. ”Either way? Me and Carter will be out to win our first matches of the year and Ben and Sam will bask in the glory of the Angel’s Descent, because at New Year, New Angel Part II: Rumours Abound? Team Go will go the distance!”

I turned off the camera as the scene fades.