Author Topic: ENDEAVOR XLIX  (Read 786 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
ENDEAVOR XLIX
« on: January 19, 2024, 11:58:10 PM »
It's been one week since the second show of 2024 in SCW. Mercedes is at her cousin's Los Angeles home sitting on the couch and watching television. Carmen has just ended a phone call.

..::CARMEN::..
How did your match go?

.::MERCEDES::..
It was super. I had a title match last week, and I was on fire. I was hitting moves left and right and pulling off feats never seen before. The language barrier was brutal, but, in the end, I stood among my vanquished foes, claiming my victory with a warcry. Ayiyiiyiyiyiyi.

Lost again, huh?

[Mercedes sighs and hangs her head.]

What gave it away? The inflection in my voice, the biting sarcasm, or the overdramatic monologue?

You can't win them all, Merce.

But I try to win most of them. I don't like losing, you know that. I'm a winner. Always has been, always will be. And just because I haven't held a title in a while doesn't change that.

[She stops in mid-sentence, the image of having to relive her string losses still pains her, especially most recently, a title match on national television just made last week intolerable].

Sometimes, it's not always about winning.

Did you think I decided to do this just for fun or collect a paycheck? I don't think so. I didn't spend five years in this business in order to lose. There's a difference between being taken seriously and being viewed as another one of the girls who is only good for rolling around in the ring.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

It IS a bad thing.

Are you THAT bored?

Bored, you say? Hmm, that's a toughie. Yessiree, that's a good one. Gee, let me think it over...

Ladies and gentlemen, Captain Obvious.

I try, I try...

~~~

Present Day ♦ S A N T A M O N I C A, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

[Our scene fades into a bar as we hear Mercedes Vargas speaking in voiceover.]

"Quite a lively crowd we got tonight."

[We find Mercedes sat by herself at the counter, her head underneath a simple Reba Wool cowboy hat, blue jeans and a tank top.]

"Sightseeing isn't why I'll be in Greeley, Colorado this weekend, though. Far from it. That's not what’s got me upset right now. It's a two-for-one kind of deal on what has me riled up. I noticed that I was scheduled for a match for the second week in a row. I think it’s a good thing, gives you time to pause and reflect. It gives you time to think long and hard after yet another defeat, like what happened to me last week."

[Mercedes offers what she believed to be a sincere smile, thought it's more than likely, well, a 99.9 percent chance that no one would buy it. Nonetheless, there was other matters to discuss.]

"Now I can understand why Georgie Robertson will be upset after she, too, lost just two weeks ago, but let's be honest here, Bella Madison was too good not to lose. Poor Georgie was simply at the wrong place, at the wrong time, so it didn't surprise me why you she came out with the loss. That being said, this weekend, it's Georgie and I. I'm not sure how I really feel about that, but I'm slowly coming along to liking this matchup. I can promise you that our match will be anything but boring. In fact, I expect to have the time of my life."

[Mercedes turns to the bartender on duty as she gets his attention. She articulates using her hands and a few gestures as his slight nod assured her that the message got across.]

"Of course, I can't say the same for Georgie. I mean, really, was that supposed to be the best the reigning Bombshell Golden Briefcase winner can do? Was she really trying out there? Because if she was, then sorry, but this just didn't do it for me. That she had an okay first year in SCW was a given, but there was no excuse for last year. That Georgie has been in SCW for, what, over two years since her debut is amazing. That she has the Golden Briefcase after only being in a handful of matches is the real source of amusement."

[Mercedes pauses as she turns to the counter where a Manhattan ice tea is set before her. She takes it up and takes a sip of it as she faces the camera.]

"Do I care that I came up short in my title match for the Bombshell Championship? Maybe. If Georgie is the best Ive got after that, then I’ve already won."

[She smiles.]

"You know, Georgie, I’m glad SCW sees so much in you, which is why it will bring me so much pleasure of I embarrass you Sunday night. Because no matter how you speak it, British, Spanish, English, Spanglish, there isn’t going to be much of a language barrier as to the outcome, it’s all universal, mamita – you will fall to me and will lose.

I never want to leave here without offering some sage advice, and with that said, here's some advice from yours truly: Get over yourself, Georgie. You haven't exactly set the River Thames on fire, you don't intimidate me, and even on your worst day, you don't intimidate me. So, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about your loss to Bella Madison, I'd worry about what you're up against this weekend.

“But something tells me you won't listen to me, and that's OK, that's fine. My voice will fade, my scars will heal, and time will move on. So, sit back, relax, and get your Kleenex ready. This won't end well for you. You're going to be crying once I'm through with you Sunday night at Climax Control.

“Consider this as another gift to top with a big red bow, courtesy of the Argentine Assassin".

[Mercedes places her hands at her side as a wide grin appears.]

"New year, same me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll be getting my dance on."

[Mercedes makes her way to the dance floor where people line up for square dancing. She skips to a male partner who flies in and they hook arm in arm before he twirls her around, and she finds herself with a new dance partner before the scene cuts to the outside of the bar and our scene fades.]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 10:18:37 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)