Author Topic: Some Grit  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Eiley

• View Profile
Some Grit
« on: November 03, 2023, 11:58:33 PM »

OFF CAMERA
Date: November 3, 2023.

---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---

Eiley had decided to stay in Las Vegas after her and Oliver’s loss to Finn Whelan and Kayla Richards but she really hadn’t had a real reason for the decision to stay. It was more of a decision based on the face that she didn’t want to face Mikah and the disappointment that Eiley knew would be coming. She hadn’t intended to stay in Las Vegas for almost two weeks, but she was still there when the card was announced on Sunday before Halloween and then she decided it was best if she didn’t have to fly to Hawaii on a long flight and then back to Vegas. She had felt that it would have been a waste of her time to make the trip, so instead she stayed in Vegas in one of the rooms at the Aria. She had gone back to her ways of finding men to use to give her money so that she could afford to continue to stay at the Aria.

She also hadn’t expected to have been found by anybody to have found her, either and she didn’t think that anybody would have been looking for her either. She sighs as she hears a knock at her hotel room and expected it to just be house keeping, seeing if she needed anything for the day. She had them clean the room every other day at the most but it was never too messy anyways. She opens the door and is a little surprised to see Mikah standing there with her and Kris’ one month old daughter, Ridley in her arms. She had not expected Mikah to have traveled from Hawaii to Vegas so soon, since Climax Control was not going to be anything overly special besides Court hopefully winning her championship back.

•EILEY• “…Mikah…”

Mikah gives Eiley a look as she bounces Ridley a little in her arms in what Eiley assumes as an attempt to keep the baby calm.

;;MIKAH “Are you going to let me in? I really don’t like being in the hallway where scrubs can see me and my daughter could be exposed to their diseases.”

Eiley just simply sighs before stepping to the side to let Mikah step inside and she looks at Ridley, who was wide awake and seemingly happy. Eiley was always amazed at how the baby looked like a perfect blend of Mikah and Kris’ features.

•EILEY• “How did you know where I was?”

It was the first question out of her mouth and she really couldn’t do much to stop it from coming out if she had wanted to.

;;MIKAH “I know people, Eiley. You shouldn’t worry about how I found where you were but why I found you.”

Eiley watches as Mikah carefully lays the baby in the middle of Eiley’s made bed. Mikah moves pillows around to ensure that Ridley was safe and wouldn’t roll over or anything.

•EILEY• “Okay, why are you here then?”

Eiley sits down in the chair as Mikah carefully sits on the edge of the bed and looks at Eiley.

;;MIKAH “I wanted to see where your head is at because it’s clearly not on SCW or your partner. Do you know that Oz is currently getting yelled at by Kris in San Diego? Or do you even care because it seems like you do not even care about him.”

Eiley just blinks a few times as she processes what Mikah had just told her.

•EILEY• “I…it’s just…I didn’t want to go back to Hawaii to face you. Olly and I? We’ll be fine but disappointing you? That’s worse than anything I could imagine that Olly would say to me. I know how you and Court fell out after everything and I don’t want that. I don’t want to be the student that disappoints you and brings your reputation shame. I just want to make things better and I didn’t think that facing you would be the most ideal thing to do.”

Mikah listens to the young girl but simply nods her head.

;;MIKAH “Understandable but disappointing me is not going to happen after one loss, Eiley. Losses happen and I understand. You should be more worried about your partner, not about my reaction.”

Eiley gives a slightly sheepish look as she hadn’t wanted to reach out to Oliver and didn’t want the disappointment to set in like it had the previous week. She felt like a sham of a competitor and that her worth in SCW was diminished because of their loss.

•EILEY• “I am worried about Olly but it will be fine. Everything will be fine. Everything will work out.”

Eiley wasn’t trying to be dismissive of what was happening but she wasn’t ready to face Oliver yet. Or the fact that they had lost at High Stakes.

;;MIKAH “It doesn’t always work that way, Eiley. Things might not work out if you don’t put the work in. Try to talk to Oliver before Sunday otherwise, Sunday’s match is going to be a shitshow. He’s your partner and if my intuition is right, he’s probably more than your partner, even if the two of you are scared to talk about it. I have to go mind Myles before he drives Leighton crazy. Please talk to him.”

Eiley doesn’t have the chance to answer as she watches Mikah pick up the baby from the bed and walk out of her hotel room quickly, leaving Eiley to think about what had just transpired.

---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---•---

ON CAMERA
Date: November 3, 2023.

“Sunday is closer than I want it to be, if I’m honest. The week off wasn’t as great as it should have been for me and I will be honest, I’d much rather not show up and not compete again, so soon after Olly and I lost the championships to the new Mixed Tag Team Champions, or should I say Finn Whelan, mainly. Because we sure as hell know that Kayla Richards didn’t pull her own weight and that Finn is the only one carrying that team. But that’s not important at the moment.

What’s important is that Olly and I are in this match against two people that I don’t even want to talk about. Are they important? No. Is this match important? No. Can we lose this match and be fine? Absolutely. It’s just another random, useless match that management booked us in as a way to rub it in our faces that we don’t have our championships. Because they seem to enjoy the fact that Jet City walked out of High Stakes with nothing but disappointment.

Is that true? Yes, because it happened. Court lost her championship to the fraud that is Julianna DiMario and Olly and I lost ours to the above mentioned people.  It’s a fact that it happened but I think a little adversity will help in the long run and that Olly and I will do our best to get those championships back in the very near future. Our worth is not defined by one loss to two people who are only going to be transitional champions. And that’s how they will be referred to from now on; their names do not matter as it’s not going to be too long before Olly and I get them back.

But let’s look at Ariana, shall we?

She’s got something good going for her, doesn’t she? She got a shot at Court at the previous pay-per-view before High Stakes and she lost. But now she’s some champion and thinks she’s relevant to what’s important in this company. But she’s nothing more than a sham of a wannabe Bombshell. She will never amount more to what she currently is. She will never be the Bombshell Champion as she is not that caliber of a competitor. Everybody knows it and I’m sure people have whispered it, but I’m going to say it out loud right now. She’s never going to win the Bombshell Championship in her career and that’s fine, she can live in the mid card range and be just fine. She’ll maybe earn a spot in the Hall of Fame or maybe she won’t but she will be consistent.

You know what?

It doesn’t even matter to me if Olly and I win on Sunday or if we lose. Maybe losing will give us a little grit, something to work on and be better together than we were at High Stakes. Losing could give us that little push that we might need to get that fire back that we should have had at High Stakes but I’ll be honest, we became complacent and used to fighting talent off by any means but we have time to work on that and to get better. And a win against Ariana and Carter? That’s not going to prove anything. But losing to them and then avenging that loss? It might just do something more for us than winning would on Sunday.

Or maybe I’m crazy, who knows. Maybe I’m speaking something that doesn’t make any sense. But I think if we lose and we most likely will, it will give us something to use to our advantage.

It will make us want to be better and we will come back from it better and stronger than before.

Because there really isn’t any other choice.

Failure is only temporary and the feeling of disappointment isn’t going to last too much longer, anyways.

I’m not worried or bothered about Ariana and Carter in any fashion. It’s just another match and I’m looking more forward to being done with the match than anything else.

So, hopefully Sunday is over before we know it and I can get back to my life.

Later.”