Author Topic: The debut  (Read 453 times)

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
The debut
« on: January 02, 2020, 08:41:43 PM »

Darkness flees the rising sun
The village lies ahead
It will wake to a new day soon
Soon they'll all be dead
We came in cover of a moonless night
Fifty men at arms
Now at first morning light,
The church bell sounds the alarm

Betritt die Kriegsmädchen(Enter the warmaiden)

Just a little girl.

That is what I heard from the moment I could remember. My father would take my brothers out hunting. He would talk about how they were going to make the name Krieger mean something more in the future. In the military, in the police force. They were to be the bearers of his name and his legacy on the world. I was the youngest of four, I had three older brothers and they were the ones groomed for a position of power.

To be the leaders of a future my father saw coming.

Military, Law and Justice. An iron fist ruling in a country that had been growing soft in his eyes.

We were a name there. All through Germany, my father was a respected Police officer. He put away criminals and was known for being incorruptible. He was straight as an arrow and he expected my brothers to be the same. They were the soldiers, the politicians, the masters of the future and I. Well. I was just his little girl. That was until I got older.

My brothers, while strong-willed and smart, didn’t want to follow in his footsteps. Sure they entered the military, but they did so just to earn money to live their lives. They didn’t take to the armed forces as much as they did drinking beer or eating at restaurants with all their friends. But then for a while, he looked at me as something more. He realized I was the one who would stand for Law and Order. He realized his daughter was more than just a little girl.

She was a woman.

A woman capable of following in his footsteps.

But, his footsteps walked through a world that no longer existed. In the 18 years from my birth to when I had graduated high school and entered the academy the mindset had skewed. No longer where the police the beacons of hope and protection. No, now they were a joke. Defanged and neutered by a government system more concerned with the rights of criminals than the safety of the weak and law abiding.

My father saw it coming. He hoped I would stand up and be accountable and I was. But what he wasn’t prepared for, was that the system, the system he had sworn to protect and serve. The system he championed for forty years. Had failed him.

Failed us.

Failed Germany.

That is why I walked away. And the day I decided to go. The day I looked my bosses in the eye and said “no more”. He took me by the hand, smiled and gave me a small nod and said “ich bin stolz auf dich”(I’m proud of you). And the real irony of that moment is when I heard those words come from him, in his deep grizzled angry tone. Well, I felt like…

I was just a little girl…

But now...I was the German War Machine.

Being faithful to yourself is the most important thing in life. To be able to look in the mirror and know that you did everything you could to live up to your own morals and standards as well as advance the quality of your life and those around you who you happen to care for.

But what if staying true to yourself is what will bring pain to your family?

This was the situation I found myself in a few years ago. I was working as a police officer. I was walking a beat in Berlin. Nothing too major, most of the time I was called to break up domestic disputes and fights in bars. In fact, I did paperwork more than anything else. The bane of law and orders existence. But then, there were the times I hated. I had to deal with the real scum of life and society.

Not people who made mistakes.

Not people forced into the extremes of life out of fear or necessity.

No, the people I hated dealing with the most were those who profited off the pain and addiction of others. The men and women who injected poison into the world we all live in. Those who had too much money to be chased down and brought to justice.

Justice. Novel concept.

A world where we are all kept in line and looked at as equal. It doesn’t matter what the colour of your skin is, it doesn’t matter what your sexual orientation is, it doesn’t matter what god you pray too. You break the laws of society, you bring pain to others...and you should be punished.

That world doesn’t exist. That world is a fairytale pushed as an agenda by those in charge.

I saw this too late, I saw it unfold in front of me as sick, twisted, horrible human scum would be released as quick as they were brought in just because they greased the right palms. My dream of being like my father was shattered and I was left disenfranchised and broken. I needed a release, a reason to fight. The first time I walked into a gym and trained, the first match I had, the first time I lived the life of a professional wrestler it made sense. It felt right.

And I was always going to go to war….

Present Day.

Johanna sat on the floor her legs crossed over Indian style. Long blonde hair tied up and back with a black bandanna tied under it and forward with the knot on her forehead. Her eyes were closed black eyeshadow looking like missed across her eyelids and a small smile slowly curling on her black painted lips

”This is it, my debut. I’ve heard so much about this company you see I come from the same gym as Alex Jones, Austin James Mercer and Alicia Lukas among others. In New York we train like we are going into a real fight,  like we’re going to a match every single time. Some people say that is a mistake, some people say we shouldn’t train that hard that it comes with diminishing returns.

she couldn’t help but chuckle. The notion that training harder was somehow bad for you seemed foreign to someone like her.

” that isn’t what we do at wolfslair. You see this is all about steel sharpening steel, iron sharpening iron. But I’m sure some of your wondering just how it came to be. I was born in German Bavaria. November to be exact. You see I was following in my father‘s footsteps to become a police officer but there was always this nagging want and need to do something else and to be someone else. But family and duty to my country came first and was also there right in my face from the time I was born. My father my brothers even my mother or police offices of varying degrees and different sectors.”

“But I needed more. And I watched as everything I did as a police officer was undone by corrupt officials.”

“So, I split. I trained in Europe. And then I travelled anywhere that they would help me. Anywhere that they had wrestling and they wanted to book me I was there I wrestled in front of 10 people in a small garage in England, and then I wrestled in front of 5000 people at Korukan Hall. It didn’t matter to me.”

“But then I travelled to America.”

She opened her eyes. The smile was still there curled up to the right showing her teeth with a small chuckle.

”I travelled to wolfslair, and there I trained with some of the best I rolled on the mat with Alicia Lukas, I learned from Alex Jones. And after limited success in a few other companies I signed with sin city wrestling. And now here I am a few days away from making my debut and I’m sure that many would believe I have butterflies. And with some I suppose it would be true. But for me? This is a dream.”

“And the first victim? Oh I’m sorry I mean my first opponent. Elizabeth “Bella” Madison. A pretty little blonde thing with marginal talent who since coming to SCW has had a mixed bag. Now many people believe me to be arrogant because of where I come from and how I carry myself. But, I can see how talented Elizabeth is. I’m not going to take her for granted, I’m not going to underestimate her either. Thing is though, I’m sure that she has no idea what she’s in for.”

“And I want to be clear on this. I’m not someone who is all talk. I am not someone who is gonna sit here look into this camera with a smile and say that I am going to destroy you and mean it is some sort of empty threat. I am not going to be an emotional psychopath blaming my failures or lack of success on the fans or anyone else like a Bobbie Dahl. I am not going to smile and be friendly and bubbly like Candy.”

“ shit, I’m not even going to be overly arrogant in my past accomplishments like Alicia. Mainly because I can’t hold up to her past she is the breakout female staff at our gym. But I need to change that now. And it is going to start with you Bella.”

Johanna and crosses her legs and slowly gets to her feet. Her hands slide into the front of her black jeans with large tattooed arms on full display in a sleeveless black T-shirt bearing the band Mayhem

” See, i’m not just here to prove to be the best, i’m not just here to win championships. The scary part about me Elizabeth? I like hurting people. I’m not like some of the others in this company that say things like that and don’t mean it. You and I are going to get in that ring and we are going to wrestle and we are going to fight and we are going to try and destroy each other. You might get some good licks in. You might even make fans and those backstage stand on their toes. You might make them believe.”

“But in the end you’re gonna find out just who I am and what I’m capable of.

“You are going to find out that my ego and confidence is not misplaced. I’m sure they’re been many women come through this company spouting the same rhetoric that I do the problem is, until they get in the ring you don’t know if they are the real deal or not. And you Elizabeth? You have proven yourself to not quite be the real deal. You are talented you have had your moments, but moments are what make legends. Dominance does.”

“This is the start of my career here. The start of my run. And if I walk out there in my first match to make that first impression and I for and I fail to someone like you? Then what will that do for me? Now it might seem that I dismissing you that I’m just looking at you is some kind of speed bump or roadblock on my way to the championship and on my way to ruling this division like Alicia did. That couldn’t be further from the truth. I know that you could be better than you are. I know that one day you can rise up to be a champion. But right now look at where we are.”

She tilted head that smile slowly fading.

” you have been chosen as my first opponent. You’ve been in this company for a few months now, but this is the first time I’m being seen on Sin city wrestling screens. So you have to look at this way either they think so little of you that they are putting you in my way instead of Jesse Salco or Twisted Sister, or they think so much of me that they haven’t put me in front of one of them. I wish you luck Elizabeth, and I hope you bring me a good fight. But in the end you are going to find out just how scary I am. And that despite what your parents told you monsters are real”<\center>