Author Topic: The go-home show  (Read 479 times)

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
The go-home show
« on: December 18, 2020, 05:47:01 PM »
We see Stephen Callaway. He stands in an empty room as the scene opens. The walls are cream, the carpet beige. A suitcase sits closed in the middle of the floor.

Stephen Callaway
 "I'm going to shoot for a moment. A couple of weeks ago, we had just come out of the PPV and there was a bit of a gap between that show to the next show and I figured that was the right time for me to go home.

There were a couple of issues somewhere and it didn't go through. Basically, if I had just gotten on a plane and gone home thinking it had gone through, Sin City would have been within their rights to sue me for breach of contract.

So I stayed.

I found it odd that some things I'd expect to happen, hadn't. So I stayed. I though I'll hang around until they do.

It was only when I saw that I was booked on this Sunday's Climax Control that I realised it hadn't gone through. Since then, I have spoken to the relevant people. I have gotten the forms signed. Done it all by the books.

Climax Control this Sunday will be my last match for Sin City.

I'm going to go home to the UK after my match and I won't be back in the new year.

It raises a ton of things. Like: How am I going to get presents for people when I can't go out? See I fly back to the UK and under their Corona guidelines, I have to self isolate for two weeks. I can and will do that but to a point. I'm going home. TO my home. I'll be dammed if I'm going to be confined to the small room at the back of the house for two weeks.

My house is my house. I'll stay in it for two weeks. I won't go outside for two weeks. Not even to the garden. My wife will be doing the same. I can stay indoors, sit on my ass and watch telly for two weeks. In fact sitting in my home, with my wife, watching my TV for two weeks will be the best thing I've done or can do in ages.
"

He takes a bottle from his coat pocket and drinks from it.

Stephen Callaway
 "The last match.

That one name that will go down in history is Brother David. In a Roulette Title match no less.

Now here's where it gets messy.

There's bound to be fans out there now wondering 'Stevie C, if you win the title does that mean you stay until you lose the title?' Others will be wondering 'does this mean the title could be vacant again?'

The answer to the first is 'no' as for the latter, I don't know. I know after Mac Bane won the title and then up and left that the title is just gaining normality. I know that I could very much rock the boat again.

I know I said 'shoot' earlier so let's 'shoot'

I'll be honest with you, a small part of me wants me to lose this Sunday. It's certainly a lot cleaner if he wins and continues as champion while I lose and move on. It's a lot less messy than I win the title and hand it to some random in the back where it's vacated leading to a tournament, a G4, a Battle Royal or some other madness.

However, just because a part of me wants me to lose, just because part of me thinks it would be cleaner, doesn't mean to say I'm going to lie down for him. See, I'd like my last match to go out with a bang. I'd love to go out on top, to bow out with a win.

As a result, I'm not going to make it easy on Brother David. If he is going to win, he's going to have to beat me. It's not a tanning bulb that shines onto the ring. I'm not going to lie in the middle of the ring, work on my tan and yell 'cover me' when I'm done. He wants to leave with the Roulette Title, Brother David has to be ready for a fight. I literally have nothing to lose. This IS my last match.

Always have an angle.
"

We fade out.