Author Topic: The Six Month Rule  (Read 567 times)

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
The Six Month Rule
« on: October 16, 2020, 10:28:48 PM »

We see Stephen Callaway. He stands in what looks like a kitchen.

Stephen Callaway
 "I wasn't booked last week and, if I'm honest, I'm glad. You see I've been a bit busy. You see, all you hear on the news is Covid this and Covid that. The President's got it, he's not got it, he's a super shredder. A spreader? Something. Either way Covid is all over the US. It's all over the UK too. They're talking about emergency local lockdowns, tiers systems and a whole lot of other madness.

Either way it seems the pesky Covid thing isn't going anywhere soon.

Six months is the earliest figure I heard.

Six Months.

Six months is March. Six months means being stuck here over Christmas, over New Year. Even over Easter.

I remember a while back. When the Covid thing started taking over and it gave me the time to think. I handed my notice in to Sin City management. When I did so, I thought, wrongly as it turns out, that the whole Covid thing might be done by September and I'd go home then.

Granted that was a 'best case scenario' figure admitedly. Yet I still thought I'd be gone by the end of the year. I went from wanting to main event December To Dismember to expecting to be gone from the company and missing December To Dismember.

However it looks like I'll be here for December To Dismember after all.

Nobody as gone full Jojo and said 'Get out, leave' but it's been hinted that with Sin City moving out of the empty gym and into arenas that the Sin City Hotel may be coming to an end. I hung around the hotel for as long as I did because it's not like I can just go home is it?

But since I'm here for at least the next six months, I figured that it's probably for the best that I find myself somewhere.

As such, I did.

This here is my new kitchen. I actually like it here. OK it doesn't feel like home yet but it feels like a sanctuary that is away from it all and not surrounded by Sin City staff, wrestlers and officials that can see my comings and goings.
"

He takes a drink of a clear liquid from a clear glass.

Stephen Callaway
 "It also gives me time to think about the future. See, if I'm going to be here until March, then I need to deal with that. For me that means that I'll be at December To Dismember. And I'd love to headline that show and fight for the Sin City Title.

So I need to sit here now in mid October and think about how I'll get there. As luck would have it, I'm in a Ladder Match this week on Climax Control. Now it says there's an unknown prize awaiting the winner.

Granted these days that prize could be a roll of toilet roll or some hand sanitiser. But I like to think it's a bigger prize. I like to think that there's a big opportunity up there. Like a contract to a future title match. as long as you give at least a week's notice, so if that means putting my body on the line against Agostino Romano and the dude I feel I seem to face every second show, Austin James  Mercer then that's what I need to do. If it means taking them on in a Ladder Match, then that's what I need to do.

For a long time I would sit and talk about an upcoming match. I would say that I wanted to win and talk about a possible future but in the back of my mind I was never a hundred percent sure I'd be here long enough to see it through.

But now, with the knowledge I'm here for at least six months, I know I'm going to be here for a while. I moved in here because I know I'll be here for a while. My brother, Alistair and his wife, the always amusingly named Valerie asked if I'd go to Florida and stay with them.

I told them 'no' and not just because I'm not sure I can fly to Florida and back every couple of weeks. Sin City is based in Vegas so I'm here in Vegas. I'm here to reach the top of Sin City. If that takes the entire six months, then I'm OK with that. If winning the World Title is something I do three days before the flight ban is lifted, I'm OK with that too.

That's the difference between me and Mercer and Romano. They want to win and use it to progress what could be glittering careers. I'm nearing the end of mine. I'm sat here missing my wife's birthday, my dad's birthday, my anniversary, my brother's birthdays. I'm going to miss them all on Christmas too. As things stand right now, the only way I'll spend Christmas with my own wife is dependant on a decent wi-fi connection.

So I fight. Because, if nothing else, if I can take the Sin City Title home, it justifies all the things I missed out on.
"

He walks out of shot.