Author Topic: CALEB STORMS v KEDRON WILLIAMS v STEPHEN CALLAWAY  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
CALEB STORMS v KEDRON WILLIAMS v STEPHEN CALLAWAY
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:23:24 PM »
 Post all Supercard roleplays here.

Roleplay limits: 1 roleplay per week, 10,000 words maximum

Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 09:25:01 PM by Mark Ward »

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 09:56:50 PM »
 We see Stephen Callaway sitting on the bed in a hotel room.

Stephen Callaway
"Ever gotten to that point where you've got so much on your mind, so much you want to say but don't know where to begin?

That's me.

A few weeks ago now I stood in the ring. I was in the main event of a Climax Control episode. I was a ten minute car ride away from my home and I felt, going in, on top of the damn world

Right now I'd kill to be a ten minute car ride from my home.

In the weeks since my match in Hamilton, the world has all but stopped. Businesses are either closing due to health reasons or closing for good. Schools have shut. Sport has all but ground to a halt as everything from football to motor racing, tennis to The Olympics is either cancelled or postponed. You can't go to McDonalds for a burger. You can't meet your friend and go for a wander round the mall.

I can't go home.

I'm sat here in a hotel room. I'm miles from my family. I'm in a different country from my family. I'm in a state that I'm not completely familiar with. I'd kill to be ten minutes away.

But in a way it's all OK.

Because I know the position I'm in. I'm not sat at home cooped up. I'm not facing up to the possibility of unemployment. I can go out and do my job. I can go out and take what frustrations I have out on my opponents.

If I'm pissed off at being away from my home and family, I can take it out on Kedron Williams. I'm pissed off at the lack of football or tennis, I can kick the crap out of Caleb Storm."

He takes a drink from a white china cup.

Stephen Callaway
"The last time I competed for the Roulette title, they all said I wasn't ready. That I was handed it just because of where we were.  

And you know what? Maybe I was.

Weren't expecting that were you?

But maybe I was handed it. If I was it was good business. The second I was put in a main event title match, we sold more tickets, sold more merch, got more ratings. There was some other company back in January that had a Scot win a big match in their company. Suddenly the internet was full of Scots in bars cheering. Suddenly the world was full of 'you deserve it'. Well it was until Corona came over and fucked it.

The point is that it made sense to hand me that shot. It made sense to put me in a main event spot in my home town.

However, this time it's up to me.

This time I head to Blaze Of Glory and it's on me. I have to go out there and earn it. We're not going to be going to Scotland anytime soon. No. We're stuck here in Las fucking Vegas. I'm not going to get title shots handed to me because I'm the hometown hero when I can't even go home!

I want the Roulette Title, I have to earn it. It may be an empty ass arena in what would probably have been Florida but I still need to go out there and earn it. Prove myself. I need to show that I may have been handed a shot but I can earn one. It don't matter if I'm going to be competing in an empty gym in the basement of the hotel I'm sat in. It don't matter if it's against Griffin Hawkins in a rematch or if it's against Jack Russow. So I need to go out there and I need to beat not one, but two opponents. I need to take all the anger I've got, all the frustrations I've got and I need to dish it out on Caleb Storm like a Tornado and blow him out of my way. I need to dish it out on Kedron Williams so that it's not Corona that put him in hospital it's me."

Another drink from the china cup.

Stephen Callaway
"But right now I want to give a message to anyone watching me right now.

Stay at home.

To all those who had good jobs a few months ago, that all of a sudden are stuck at home with their kids because the school won't keep them, only for bosses to decide on a temporary closure. To all those suddenly trying to feed a family and pay bills on unemployment money. To all those who have watched every Darkwing Duck on Disney Plus and every Tiger what's his name on Netflix: Stay in and watch me.

I go out so that you don't. I'm going out there to give you new content so that those on imposed isolation, on self isolation or those just bored at the endless re-runs have something to do.

Don't go wandering off to parks in your thousands because you want fresh air. Open a damn window and stay the fuck at home! The sooner you all say home, the sooner we can curve the PPE or whatever and I can go home.

Can't watch the hockey then watch the Mighty Ducks. Can't watch the soccer then kick one around your fucking garden but go no further THAN your garden. You want to see crowds at a Sin City show then stay the fuck indoors! Because the more of you that stay in, the quicker we'll all get to go out!

You see I'm not going to an empty arena to put on a half ass match just so I can  get through it safely and back to the hotel. If I'm getting out then I'm going to make it worth my while. I'm going to Blaze Of Glory so I can blaze my path to the Roulette Title. I'm going to give it everything I have not just for me but for all you at home to give you something worth watching.

So stay in and watch me. Cheer me, boo me. Throw your popcorn at the TV and wash your hands after if it makes you feel better but just watch me.

We can beat this.

Just like I'm going to beat Caleb Storm and Kedron Williams."

He smiles at the camera as he fades out.

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 08:02:33 PM »
 RP Title: “Three times the action!”

Caleb wasn’t in action for the past few weeks and now that SCW was officially under lockdown and back in the United States for the foreseeable future (or until the COVID-19 situation calms down) Caleb was focused on getting back on the winning track, it was time for Blaze of Glory IV and in the opening match Caleb was taking on Stephan Callaway and Kedron Williams to earn the Number One Contender Slot for Griffin Hawkins’ Roulette Championship (if he didn’t lose it to Jack Ruscow that is), can Caleb win?

Caleb’s hotel room, Las Vegas, Nevada
Friday the 3rd of April 2020, 11:00am

We’re not even halfway through the year and it already feels like a giant April Fool’s joke!

I don’t think I need to explain what I’m talking about, it’s pretty much the only thing that’s being discussed on Social Media these days unless your names Ariana Angelos but then again she’s roommates with HB Carter and you could practically make a sitcom out of them sharing the same hotel room!

Hell, I might just suggest that to them at Blaze of Glory!

Speaking of Blaze of Glory, this year I’m in the opening match taking on two men who I’ve beaten before for a chance at the Roulette Championship, presumably at the next PPV and since Griffin’s defending the title at the PPV against Jack Ruscow I’m going to refrain from referring to the champion as much as possible since it’s not guaranteed that I’ll be facing Griffin for the championship down the line, though to be honest I have been wanting another shot against him that wasn’t tied to a match against Fenris!

Coincidentally one of my opponents shares that distinct honor with me in that Stephan challenged Griffin for the title and took on Fenris after pissing him off, only real difference is the fact that he did it in reverse order to me.

So, what are we up you? Well it just so happens that the hotel has The Lion King on offer, and just to clarify by The Lion King I mean the 1994 classic and not the 2019 abomination that I walked out off during Mufasa’s death scene, and not because of how sad it was.

“Oh god, I hate this part.” Katie groaned as we reached the infamous part, namely the stampede/Mufasa’s death and I didn’t even realize that we had reached that part when I was talking about the 2019 remake just a second ago. “Just nudge me when it’s over!” Katie added as she covered her eyes and Lemmy looked up at his owner with a look of concern on his face, I shook my head before patting my wife on the back.

“Oh, come on, it’s not that bad!” I assured her and Katie quickly shook her head. “You act like you haven’t seen animals die before.”

“Says the guy who refuses to watch Marley and Me to this day?” Katie asked and I had no response to that, because she was absolutely right. “Then again, I still refuse to watch that Tiger King documentary but that’s just me being an animal lover!” Katie added and after a few seconds we reached the most famous part of the film, that’s right it’s Mufasa’s death and I nudged Katie before we noticed something. “Is Lemmy reacting to the scene?”

Sure, enough Lemmy was lying there crying as he watched the scene, it wasn’t the excited cries he’d make when we woke up in the morning either. “Huh, and here I thought those videos of animals reacting to the scene were all staged!”

“I guess not.” Katie responded before she got on the floor next to Lemmy and started stroking him to make the doggo feel better, needless to say it worked like a charm and it wasn’t long before he was licking my wife’s face. “Do you think they’ll allow us to have Lemmy have a go on the treadmills at the hotel gym? It’s not like he’s going to het much exercise otherwise.” Katie wondered and I had to admit, it was a good question.

“I’ll ask at reception after I do my promo.” I responded before Lemmy stood up and started barking at the TV, when we looked up, we realized that he was barking at Scar and the Hyenas. “Huh, so dogs can tell the difference between good and evil?”

“Well, there are those Facebook pasts about dogs being able to tell if someone’s a bad person or a good person.” Katie shrugged her shoulders before she started stroking Lemmy again to calm him down, took a bit longer this time as he calmed down just in time for the first appearance of Timon and Pumba.

“I’m going to get my promo done before I get Hakuna Matata stuck in my head.” I commented before I quickly left the room with my camera in hand, what? Did you think it was only Jessie that had to do this? Anyway, I’ve got a promo to do.

“All 2020 had to do was be like 2019 but a lot more successful for me! So far it has failed to do even the simplest parts of that and all I need to do is point towards the Corona Virus for evidence of that but the show must go on and at Blaze of Glory in two weeks it’s three times as much action in the opening match as I’m taking on Stephan Callaway and Kedron Williams in  a Triple Threat Match for a chance at the Roulette Championship!”

Regardless of who walks out the champion off course! I’m starting with Stephan!

“Hey, remember last year when I tweeted “thank god” after Fenris lost the title? Fun times, not! Well one year later and we managed to find someone who made an even bigger blunder than me during the leadup to his match against Fenris in Stephan Callaway, how he managed to survive Fenris after calling him a failed MMA Fighter is beyond me but his performance against Fenris is proof positive that the only reason he challenged Griffin at the beginning of the cycle was because SCW was in his hometown!”

No such luck here!

“Stephan, the last time we met I beat you in the middle of the ring and you’ve only won a handful of matches since then, how you keep getting chances to win titles is beyond me but here you are fighting for another shot at the Roulette Championship because getting your head kicked off once wasn’t enough for you apparently! Fortunately for you Stephan you won’t make it that far because I’m walking out the winner and the Number One Contender to the Roulette Title!”

Next up is Kedron!

“Did you think I forgot about Kedron? I doubt many people remember this guy really but he’s back and he’s got the Roulette Championship in his sights, there’s only one problem standing in his way however and that’s me! What’s that? What about Stephan? What about Stephan? That guy can’t win a match to save his life but more to the point, Kedron when we last met, I beat you and you know what they say about those who fail to learn from history?”

Say it with me!

“They are doomed to repeat it and this match will be no different! Hell they may as well have just declared me the Number One Contender to the Championship from the word go because that’s how easy this match will be for me to win, because both you and Stephan are doomed to repeat history by losing to me, only this time there’s more than just bragging rights at stake, oh no, there’s a chance at a title at stake and I’m grabbing it by the horns!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“The world may be on lockdown, but the show must go on and next Sunday at Blaze of Glory I will earn myself a shot at the Roulette Championship, whether it’ll be against Griffin or Ruscow, when I beat Stephan Callaway and Kedron Williams in the opening contest! But in the meantime, Stephan and Kedron had better brace themselves because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise they’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

I went down to the reception to ask about Lemmy using the treadmills/turn in my promo as the scene fades.
user posted image

Offline Son of Salem

• View Profile
    • Kedron Williams
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 06:09:27 PM »

Mark Ward once made a prediction when the vast entirety, or at least those with a conscience, became isolated in the Saxon Hotel to better protect both themselves as well as their peers alike. he stated that this would be the Year of the Flashback. Well, not to prove him right, but there was much left unsaid and untold since that last time that I had been seen. Since the last time I had a spoken word with the man I had tormented for months on end. Ben Jordan challenged me in a way that I had never been challenged. In a way that I can best describe as ... unexpected. After all, I had made this man's life quite literally a living Hell. Why then would he make even the slightest attempt to do for me even the slightest of cordiality?"

"Because, as my wife put it best, that is what Ben Jordan does. He is the angel to my devil, I suppose one might say. The yin to my yang. Equal yet opposite in every way. The man sat across from me and spoke to me as if I were simply another man to him, and not someone who attempted to end him. And perhaps what I found most surprising, a man that helped me. Perhaps not directly, but he did suggest I do what no other in the history of forever attempted to do."

"So I did."

The knife slid down the length of first one arm, and then the other, splitting open the tender flesh with utter precision. The blood came in small rivets, running down his skin and to the floor where he knelt in a circle of five black candles, each one at an equal point; their flickering light dancing off the walls of his private chamber. He wore no clothes, and as the blood reaches his hands, he used his fingers slick with crimson to trace the five pointed star surrounding his person as he sought allocution with the One he had struck an accord with so very long ago.

"That easy a thing to break a covenant with me, you think?"

"If there was anything I was taught before all of this, it is that anything worth doing is never easy."

"Ah yes, the words of Martha Cabot. Your High Priestess. Your adopted Grandmother. The woman..."

"The woman I sacrificed along with her Coven, yes. A regret I will take with me to my grave."

He pressed a thumb into the blood on his arm and used it to trace an archaic symbol against the center of his forehead, a crimson, inverted cross.

"And then...? Do you think your regret alone will allow you to ascend to heaven and dance with His angels? Do you think yourself forgiven for the sins you committed in the name of power?"

"I never said that, and I do not hold to such fancies. I know what crimes I have committed in life, and in death? I know where my soul will be."

"The very same place as it is now; in the palm of my hand."

"Yes, about that. All things considered, I think you will find yourself mistaken, and our contract to be null and void."

"Because of your failures with Ben Jordan? Of that much we will agree. But the rest? I'm afraid not. Your soul remains my own."

"You think this has anything to do with Ben Jordan and my business with him? I got the revenge that I wanted on his ancestor. The rest? You siccing me on Ben Jordan, using me as a weapon in order to claim his soul?"

"Yes, well... I admit a pure soul has so much more value here than one that was tainted long before."

"I never was one to claim purification in any walk in life, but this has nothing to do with him. Ben Jordan's soul remains his own, and mine? It is not in your possession as you seem to believe."

"Do go on, Kedron. I find these wisps of fanciful thoughts absolutely enthralling."

"Another holds the keys to my soul, and has for quite some time. The very one you tried to poison me into believing had betrayed me. My wife. When we were wed, I pledged my heart and soul into her care -- and you allowed for it to happen. The very moment you did, my being became hers, and when she returned my heart to me, my soul became my own."

"Is that what you think?"

"That is what I know."

"And if I should decide to take it back by force?"

"I happen to know that is an impossibility for you. It is, after all, the entire point behind your Faustian deals. I just happen to know that there is a loophole, and the moment I was joined in matrimony, I exploited it."

"Now Kedron, what makes you think that it is your soul that I was referring to? I was speaking of something you hold far dearer than that. I mean the power I loaned you."

Kedron was unable to help himself. He laughed. He threw his head back and simply laughed.

"Do you honestly think that I still need that? I never needed what you traded! Before you, before any of this, I had power of my own! Those I had surrounded myself with, those I actually trusted..."

"Those that you betrayed."

"Yes, we've been through that already. I'm beyond that now, for the most part. But they themselves said they had yet to see a warlock with the gifts that I already possessed. What you gifted me with? It was just an insurance policy. And every insurance policy has an escape clause."

"And you think to exploit it, and break our deal, do you?"

"I already have. I had not felt anything in literally hundreds of years! The moment Ben Jordan caused me to feel remorse for my Coven's deaths, I knew I was whole once more. And your grip over me a thing of the past."

"But was it? It was something that had been preying on my mind even before I performed this ceremony to contact the Pale One, once I had realized the conspiracy between Rinoa and Benjamin for my benefit. I got my answer in the most simple of ways the very next morning, when I was awoken where I had blacked out following my bravado with one that could have ended me where I knelt there and then."

It was as if Kedron had simply fallen asleep, and now woke with a weight on his bare chest, feeling as if he were being watched. Before he had first opened his eyes, he would have believed himself simply in bed, were it not for the hard, cold floor beneath his body. He would have thought it was his wife watching him sleep, yet he felt more than one pair of eyes on him.

Hm, curious.

Yet when he opened his eyes, he got his answer, and all became clear. His beautiful wife's three babies, the felines who normally hissed and ran whenever he entered a room, who swiped and clawed at him if he ever extended a hand to stroke their fur or tickle their chin, were right there with him in this otherwise cold, empty room. The matriarch of their little family, Cleopatra, was nestled in a curled ball just below his sternum, her eyes pinpointed to his own as they slowly opened.

One questioned answered.

The other two, Achilles and Isis, sat on their haunches, watching him with renewed interest rather than the familiar loathing and fear he had become accustomed to where his wife's precious babies were concerned. None of the three purred in his presence like they did whenever Rinoa was in the room. Small steps.

With no small amount of vacillation, Kedron lifted his hand and extended it toward Cleopatra, and she did not so much as flinch or growl when he ran his fingers down her silken skin...

Kedron Williams: Do they ever stop this?

Kedron asked his wife from their Victorian estate in Salem, Massachusetts. And before anyone has a bug crawl up their backsides, this particular piece took place just after Mark Ward made his announcement as to the precautions the rosters would be expected to undertake to ensure the safety of themselves as well as those around them.

Rinoa turned around from the kitchen counter where she was pouring a cup of tea, and it was a rare sight for her lips to part in such a brilliant smile at the sight before her. Kedron had walked into the kitchen to fetch a cup of tea for himself, and at his feet trailed all three of her babies, the Sphynx felines, their eyes trailing up at their 'daddy' and all three mewling to him for attention.

Rinoa Williams: Don't complain. You wanted for the longest of time for them to stop swiping at you and treat you as they did me.

She was unable to hide her smile as she passed Kedron a cup for himself as he took a sip of the scalding black tea, plain.

Kedron Williams: I would hardly say that I wanted this, and you didn't answer my question. Do they ever stop?

Rinoa nodded.

Rinoa Williams: They will -- eventually. ... Just as soon as you give them what they want.

Kedron rolled his eyes and turned to take a seat at the kitchen table, almost tripping over the three bodies that bobbed and weaved through his legs as his personal escort. No sooner did he take a seat than Cleopatra leapt up onto his lap while the other two climbed onto the table's surface to be closer to him, much to his faux annoyance. Rinoa's demeanor was never changing as she strode around the table to have a seat near Kedron, but he could tell she was loving every moment of his discomfort with the three other residents of their home.

His ice blue eyes fell to the contract that had arrived certified from "Hot Stuff" Mark Ward, laying on the table and beneath the butt of Achilles.

Kedron Williams: They can not be serious about this. Isolating ourselves inside of a hotel when you and I have this estate to call our own?

Rinoa Williams: Darling, you know as well as I that it's a precaution against this Corona virus.

Kedron scoffed, but before he could say a thing to the contrary, Rinoa spoke up over him.

Rinoa Williams: And you know as well as I that just because you and I are immune to this disease, does not mean those around us are.

Kedron simply stared at his wife for several seconds, his comprehension to her words completely lost to him, until it clicked and he started.

Kedron Williams: Oh, this is one of those 'human emotion' things you've told me about, isn't it?

Rinoa stood up from her chair and walked around gracefully to his side and leaned in for a kiss, laying the palm of her hand on his cheek.

Rinoa Williams: Something like that.

The skyline of the Las Vegas night was as much as what one would expect, with only one subtle difference; the lack of people. Under normal circumstances, the Vegas Strip would be crawling with people -- both tourists and locals -- numbering in the thousands. These days, because of the grim reality of the COVID-19, not so much. The Casinos have been closed down, as has the hotels and resorts. As a result, the famed Strip had become virtually a ghost town.

However, the famed lights would remain. And they were visible by perhaps the only hotel that had been booked at full capacity thanks to the efforts of its proprietor, Henry Saxon and his daughter Brooke, the General Manager of Sin City Wrestling. And it was a face that had not been seen in many months that was now at the forefront of the evening, for this promo at the very least. The distant, Vegas Strip lights danced off of his pale skin, and his cobalt-blue eyes shifted in many directions, taking it all in. All of the -- nothingness.

Kedron Williams stood atop of the Saxon Hotel, on the rooftop bar where many stars of SCW, SCU and GRIME at some point had spent some time to stave off the boredom of their isolations. He stood at the bar's highest point, atop of a stairwell platform with its own mini-bar and tables, all alone. His knuckles, adorned with bejeweled rings, gripped the rail as he stood upright, taking it all in.

Kedron Williams: I can honestly say that after my final encounter, I had little to no interest in ever setting foot inside of a wrestling ring ever again. I had tried, and failed, to do in a man I had considered to be my mortal enemy, and for what? Crimes that someone he had never met, a distant ancestor of his, had committed against my own and others like me; both guilty and innocent.

He took a deep breath and his posture was anything but relaxed.

Kedron Williams: I was wrong, and that is not a statement that I make lightly. And...

He brought up a hand, his forefinger extended in focused concentration.

Kedron Williams: I have both Ben Jordan as well as my beloved wife to thank for such -- revelations. Co-conspirators, I suppose one might think of them as, but not to such a point I begrudge either of them.

He paused, his eyes downcast as his mind lay dormant in thought.

Kedron Williams: And yet now here I am, back in the thick of things in SCW. Booked against two men with high stakes for a championship match. Caleb Storms. Stephen Callaway. One a young man still in his rookie years, and the other a so-called ring veteran who is still living vicariously through his own glory days. Of which are long since past.

Do you know what the greatest mistake that you two are making going into this match? And this goes out to not just Stephen Callaway, but Caleb Storms as well? That you are dealing with the same Kedron Williams now that you did way back when. There is something different about me, body and soul - literally - yet you have it stuck inside of your sad, feeble little minds that because you defeated me in the past, that it means you can do so once again. Yet you do not ask yourself if this difference in me will carry over to the ring, and what I am capable of inside.

Kedron shook his head and smiled, baring those white teeth of his and giving the briefest of glimpses of what would appear to be either his incisor, or -- a fang?

Kedron Williams: I swear, the conceit of humans has never ceased to amaze me, and that is one sad, little fact that has not changed over the course of many a century. Is it then any wonder why I have held such contempt for people when Stephen and Caleb are but mere examples of what passes for humanity walking this earth? Well gentlemen, let me fill you in one hard, cold truth.

Kedron slipped his fingers around the stem of the crystal goblet filled with a wine of such a deep, rich red that it almost appeared black in color. As the fingers of his free hand glided down the rail, Kedron took one step at a time, his face calm -- passive. And as any, including Rinoa Williams and Ben Jordan might testify, that would be when he was at his most dangerous mentally.

Kedron Williams: The simple fact that I am whole once again, should not be an indication that I am entirely changed. As my wife would tell others, I am something 'colorful' where personality is concerned. I am neither good nor evil. I simply am. If anything, my being whole has made me stronger than I was before. After all, what man can be at his best physically when a piece of him is missing?

Kedron arrived at the bottom of the steps and calmly walked across the roof's surface to where a plush love seat was set near the edge and he had a seat, leaning back and relaxing.

Kedron Williams: I suppose the both of you thought that perhaps you struck pay dirt when my name was announced as the third in our match. And while it is true that you both hold victories over me, I hold wins over men who neither one of you would have a hope in defeating. Ben Jordan, the World Champion. Jake Raab, the very man who will soon be challenging Mister Jordan for the World Heavyweight Championship. I hold wins over both, and if I was able to accomplish that at my worst, I want you both to take this small amount of time to contemplate what I will be capable of at my best.

Kedron's eyes glanced down to the coffee table before the love seat, with three pillar candles set on the surface of a silver tray for mood lighting. The candles came to life, and his eyes stared into the cold flames.

Kedron Williams: The human mind is incapable of full comprehension of the world around it, and the both of you are a visual aid to this fact. So please, do go on with all of your false bravado based on something that you accomplished in the past at my expense. The two of you have had all the time in the world to better prepare yourselves, yet all you do is rely on the past. Stephen Callaway, for everything he had done everywhere but here in SCW. And Caleb Storms, for the rare few times he had held some form of gold around his waist and that ever elusive victory here and there. Well Brava, I say!

Kedron lifted his glass, raising a toast beneath the Vegas sky and had a slow drink of its contents.

Kedron Williams: I'll be seeing you both very soon.
>

I believe Satan to exist for two reasons:

1- The Bible says so.
2- I've done business with Him.

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 09:13:19 PM »
 SCW RP 2 vs. Calloway vs. Kedron AKA “No Quarantine Blues Here!”

Blaze of Glory was this Easter Sunday and in the opening match three men were competing to earn the Number One Contendership to the SCW Roulette Championship regardless of whether Griffin Hawkins or Jack Ruscow walked out of Blaze of Glory the Roulette Champion, those three men were Stephan Callaway who opened the Supercard period by challenging Griffin for the Roulette Title in his hometown, Kedron Williams who was returning from an absence of seven months and Caleb Storms who had wins over both Callaway and Williams but had two losses to Griffin, can Caleb win?

Caleb’s hotel room, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 9th of April 2020, 11:00am

Happy Easter, I guess!

I honestly can’t remember the last time I wrestled on a religious holiday and the fact that there will be no fans in attendance doesn’t help matters but here I am, four days away from my second Blaze of Glory hoping to not only bounce back from my loss in my debut the year before but earn a shot at the Roulette Championship against either Griffin Hawkins or Jack Ruscow sometime in the next Supercard Cycle, so what’s the catch?

I have to beat two guys who I have wins over again, they may as well throw in that I have to have sex with my wife after the match because that’s how easy this’ll be.

Stephan got a title shot at the beginning of the cycle but that was when SCW was still doing the Homecoming tour and they just happened to be in his hometown, Kedron to my knowledge has never held a title, singles or otherwise, though I’m sure that SCW’s resident historian will correct me on that if I’m wrong but until Mercedes does I have a match for the Roulette Title to rubber stamp and make official.

Just got to beat two other guys to do it. Easy!

“Oh, dear god, the controls for the Mako are worse than I remember.” I commented as I struggled to control the car in Mass Effect whilst Katie watched on in amusement, with the quarantine in place I had decided to go back and revisit the Mass Effect Trilogy but since I don’t own a 360 anymore I decided to buy the games through Origin for a little under forty dollars, that may seem quite steep but we’re talking about three AAA games that each offer thousands of hours of gameplay by being RPGs so yeah, there’s that, besides that the games are pretty old with the first one having come out in 2007. “And I’m getting hand cramps.”

“Oh, come on, it can’t be that bad.” Katie tried to assure me as Lemmy watched on curiously from the couch, also I’ll just say this, nothing says awkward like initiating the sex scene with the Asari Consort with your wife watching you play, I have never been more thankful for the lack of graphic female nudity in a game in my life. “Also, when are you going after Saren?”

“Soon as I wrap up these side quests.” I responded before getting the journal up and showing my wife the yet to be completed side quests, well, the ones that I could complete at the moment anyway. “And considering how long it’s been since I played this game I HOLY SHIT!” I yelled out as the Thresher Maw that I had completely forgot about popped out of the ground in front of me, Lemmy started barking at the screen and Katie started laughing her ass off.

What’s a Thresher Maw you ask? Imagine a scary snake like creature suddenly popping out of the ground in front of your car, that’s the size of a small mansion. “Jesus Christ Caleb, are you trying to scare the neighbors?” Katie asked in between fits of laughter as I battled the Thresher Maw from the safety of the Mako. “I don’t think I’ve seen you this scared since the final moments before the Lions Den Match against Fenris.”

“Don’t remind me.” I responded with a shudder as I killed the Thresher Maw with the Mako’s Weapons, I still wonder to this day what the hell Bioware were thinking when they made the Mako. “I need to take a break before my fingers fall off or something.”

“Is there anything else to do on the planet?” Katie asked and I checked, unfortunately for me there was still plenty to do on this planet, including the side quest that I had come to this planet to do in the first place.

“Still more exploring and the side quest but that’s about it.” I responded as I accessed the map and made my next choice. “But I do need to take a break.”

“Yeah because banging blue skin alien space babes is such hard work.” Katie joked as I exited out of the game and let my gaming chair, Katie soon took my place in the chair and I sat next to Lemmy figuring that it was a good time to do my promo as Katie was surfing the internet.

“Easter Sunday is this Sunday and the world is still on lockdown, yay, but there’s no quarantine blues here because this Sunday I’m getting a chance to compete for the Roulette Title as I take on Stephan Callaway and Kedron Williams in a Number One Contender’s Match for the Roulette Title in the opening match, I don’t care whether it’s Griffin Hawkins that retains or Jack Ruscow who wins his first title because either way I’m coming for the Roulette Title!”

And I’m starting with Stephan.

“I won’t bag on you for the stupidity that you showed in the lead up to your match against Fenris Stephan because at this point it’s like beating a dead career……..I mean horse, that said I still don’t know how you are getting another chance at championship gold with your win/loss record since you made your debut but in the end it won’t matter because I beat you once and I’ll do it again! Only this time it’ll be for a chance at the Roulette Title!”

Next up is Kedron.

“Don’t think I’ve forgotten about you Kedron because it’s not everyday that someone comes out from obscurity and gets put in a Number One Contender’s Match for the Roulette Title but here you are! And there it goes! The only chance you had at winning this match because that went out the window the moment the bosses added me to the match and this Sunday I will be booking my spot in a future Roulette Title Match against either Griffin or Jack by beating you and Stephan!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“If they wanted to make things challenging for me in this match, they should’ve added a fourth man to this match! Because I’m sure some guy down in SCU would’ve jumped at this opportunity! But alas, it was not to be and this Sunday I’ll beat both Kedron and Stephan to earn my shot at the SCW Roulette Championship because they had better brace themselves because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise they’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms but then again, they’ve been blown away by me before!”

I watched Katie from the couch whilst stroking the dog as the scene fades.
user posted image

Offline Son of Salem

• View Profile
    • Kedron Williams
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 08:43:55 PM »

”Save him!”

“We must protect him sisters!”

“We can’t let him do this! He does not know what he is doing!”

“Don’t I?” Was all he could think to himself as the deal had been struck. The serpent vomited from his own body writhed and coiled at his knees, and as he heard the many feet finally run into the clearing, he looked up and the darkness filled his eyes.

And when the darkness cleared, Kedron Williams stood and looked down, and he felt sick. He fell back and covered his mouth with his hand. His eyes were wide with horror as he saw the bodies … of his wife Rinoa. Rinoa -- everywhere. Claw marks down her breast, exposing the ribcage.

Rinoa, a hole where her lovely throat had once been…

Rinoa, her neck twisted around at an impossible angle…

Kedron turned to get away from the massacre, and fell to his knees in the barbed bushes and lost all traces of food and drink in his system…

And he jolted awake, sitting up in a cold sweat! He looked around wildly, not remembering yet where he was, thinking for only the briefest of moments he was again back  in that old forest. But the gleam of moonlight through the shades over the window danced on his eyes, and he remembered.

The Saxon Hotel.

And when the soft fingers grasped his bare arm, he shuddered in intense relief as he turned and found his wife looking up from where she lay in their shared bed, her head resting in the comfort of the pillows. Her eyes were filled with concern as she could feel his mind sickness as if it were her own. She could see the fear, as well as the relief, deep in his eyes as he stared into her own.

Rinoa Williams: Kedron…?

He turned his head away from her and drew his knees up from beneath the blanket and rested his forearms on them, and his forehead on his arms.

Kedron Williams: … Just a dream….

But it was more than that. His words were a whisper but she heard them as if they had been shouted. She drew herself up into a seated position and gave him comfort, draping her arms around his bare shoulders.

Rinoa Williams: Was it ‘that’ dream again?

He sighed, and lifted his head but not to look at her. His eyes never lost their pale blue luster as he stared straight ahead and nodded in the affirmative. She tried to pull him down to sleep again, or to take his mind off of these nightmares in more pleasurable ways, but he did the unthinkable.

He resisted.

Rinoa Williams: Kedron, they were just dreams.

Kedron finally turned his head to look to her, and she could see the sensation of helplessness in his being. A divine being with mortal fears. The dreams, as she called them, were a recent development. Not even after Ben Jordan and she had conspired together to retrieve and return his soul, had these night terrors plagued him. Only recently had whatever demons tainted dreams into something dark and sinister had chosen her husband to be their toy.

Kedron Williams: Being what, I am … can that be promised?

Rinoa rested her head on his shoulder, her fingers gliding down his arm.

Rinoa Williams: Who you were.

Kedron Williams: You know as well as I…

He turned his head away and closed his eyes.

Kedron Williams: There are things inside of us all that should never be unleashed. And once unleashed, can never be chained again.

That being said, Kedron threw the covers off of his body, scattering Rinoa’s three feline babies. He stood up and proceeded to get dressed. It was clear that he was troubled by these dreams, and that in itself troubled Rinoa as she looked longingly to him as he moved for the door.

Rinoa Williams: Kedron, where are you going?

Kedron paused at the door and looked back to her, and despite his fears, she could also see the love in his smile. The desire to protect her from the worst part of him.

Kedron Williams: Sleep. I’ll be back soon.

And he shut the door behind him.

The dining room of the Saxon Hotel was impressively large, and would have held several hundred guests at once, but even with the hotel filled to capacity with the staff and stars of SCW, SCU and GRIME alike, due to social distancing, only a handful of people were down in this part of the dining room, mostly to escape the confinement of their hotel rooms where many mistakenly believed they were to remain practically 24/7.

One, however, sat in a corner far off enough so as not to draw any untoward attention to himself. Kedron Williams was huddled in the shadows of a booth table, the corner of the booth aligned with the walls so that from where he sat, he could quietly observe without being seen by any unless they happened to be looking for him. The hour was late, and fewer than the recent norm were at the tables. Night owls, he would guess they were called. The stars of all three promotions were as varied in their sleep habits as they were in their lives.

Anyone could watch “Tiger Master” or whatever the hell the name of that show on Netflix was. But Kedron? He had a weakness for people watching. While his wife, Rinoa, slept soundly in their room, Kedron often had trouble sleeping ever since his missing soul had been returned to him, and the nightmares that had slowly started to realize themselves. The evidence showed itself in dark circles beneath his eyes.

Kedron Williams: Why do you insist on doing this to yourself?

His words were in a soft but coarse whisper. Ah yes, while he was here, he might as well kill two birds with one stone. He was set to compete in his first match in almost a year.

Kedron Williams: Stephen Callaway, why do you do this? Why do you continue to embrace your own past as if it were the present? Appearances not withstanding, I know I am a great deal older than you Stephen, and do you know what I’ve learned? To live in the current, to live for the day. To live alone in the past serves only two purposes; to either live vicariously on what once was, or to think back and wonder those two most painful of words … ‘What if?’ Which do you think you fit best?

You tell the world how you want to get back to where you once was, but you might as well start rubbing the nearest lamp and wish for a genie to pop out. Because that is the closest you will ever come to having your wishes to come true. Your heydey, your prime, it was how long ago? Ten years? Twenty? You tell tall tales about your being a former six-time World Champion, but all that proves is that you lost a world title six times. You’ve done little else, here in SCW at least, to warrant any respect, and yet you think your past alone should gift you with the awe of those you call your peers.

Now you’ve gained a win or two here in SCW, one being against my own person. I will grant you that. But again, you have this terrible habit of your mind remaining in the past. You claim to want to earn your way back to success, but were that true, you would have simply retired already because you’ve proven time and again that success is simply not within your grasp any longer. Those six world titles will not carry you on to a championship here in SCW. Your one win against me is a thing of the past, a memory buried alive. It no longer means anything, because I am no longer that man. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing?

He tilted his head to the side and cast a glance upward in contemplation.

Kedron Williams: That remains to be seen. Now I know, I know. Whispers have already gotten around that my soul is my own once more. And I’ve had more than once been asked shouldn’t that make me act … nicer?

Kedron closed his eyes and he simply shrugged with an impish smile.

Kedron Williams: Popular misconception, I suppose. I have always saved my softer side for the woman who owns me, both heart and soul. Neither of you nor the third man in the ring share that bill. You’ll come to discover that for yourself soon enough Stephen, in a more direct … and personal manner. But there is someone else in this match, someone much younger than the both of us, who has still had more recent success than even you. How sad is that, hm?

Kedron paused in his thoughts, inviting himself to stand up and walk back behind the bar that was smaller than the grand one on the rooftop, but he poured for himself a draft of red wine and dropped a handful of cash to pay before returning to his booth, and his thoughts.

Kedron Williams: And you, Caleb? Ordinarily I would at least make the attempt to be cordial, having a soul and all, but then I thought… why bother? It’s not as if you are making any attempt to play nice. In fact, you are acting as if my being one of your opponents is a mere afterthought. ‘Oh, Kedron Williams? Oh he’s just someone who I beat once before so, I have nothing to be worried about.’

Kedron could only smile, showing the whites of his teeth and shake his head slowly in mock disbelief while stroking the hair on his chin with his forefinger.

Kedron Williams: Oh you poor, simple little monkey. I almost feel sorry for you. Almost, but not quite. Since this match was announced, and the prize made known, you have done nothing but set yourself up for quite the fall. To your family and friends, you’ve guaranteed that when it is done and over with, your arm will be raised and you will be collecting on the chance to challenge Griffin Hawkins or Jack Russow for the Roulette Championship.

Kedron closed his eyes and the corners of his mouth turned upward in a condescending smile.

Kedron Williams: I was wrong, and I do not make such a statement lightly. I do not almost feel sorry for you. I am actually going to draw a lot of enjoyment at winning this match and quashing all of your hopes and dreams. And why? When you’re as old as I am, you look for new and interesting ways to amuse yourself. And as my hand is raised, the first thing I want to do is simply turn and look you in the eye, so you can better understand who took your championship hopes right out from under you. But no hard feelings, right?

He shrugged, his bottom lip jetted out just a hint.

Kedron Williams: It’s not like you actually need another championship match, is it? You’ve had so many chances to collect gold around your waist, the most recent being a chance at the Internet title, and each time the end result is still the same. So you might say, that you owe me. You owe me for helping you to save face, and not have to make yet another walk of shame from the ring to backstage, past each and every single wrestler watching you with pity and embarrassment in their eyes. You would think their feelings would extend far beyond that, because the world (supposedly) loves an underdog, but you’ve surpassed that distinction a very long time ago. Now you are more like the whipped puppy chained out in the yard, watching as someone walks past with a much loved companion on a leash; wanting what they have and deep down, you know that it’ll never be yours. Now I grant, you have held a title before. That very Roulette title that we’re contesting for actually. But that was how long ago? Your reign was so forgettable that I had to place the record history under a microscope to ensure your reign wasn’t a mass hallucination.

He spread his arms open.

Kedron Williams: And since then, what has been your biggest accomplishment? Not soiling yourself every time you have to brush past Fenris in the hallway?

He clapped his hands together in a mock applause.

Kedron Williams: Bravo! Quite the showing indeed, but in the end, it’s all for naught. You survived a dangerous man and lived to tell the tale. This time, you’re up against a devil in sheep’s clothing. This time…

Kedron stood up and leaned in closer so that his smiling face filled the camera lens.

Kedron Williams: Things won’t go as easily for you.

Kedron Williams: What … is this?

He asked as he stepped out onto the roof of the Saxon Hotel with Rinoa on his arm. By her request, he had changed his clothes and now wore her favorite suit of his; a deep, rich purple that had a fashionable flare yet still carried with it an old world charm. And she? Her long hair was done up, and she wore a black, lace gown with the sleeves and shoulders a see-through silk. Her only adornment of jewelry that of a brooch he had given her as a gift on their fifth wedding anniversary.

It was late, though not late by the standards the famed “City of Sin” had set many years ago. And they were not alone. The rooftop bar was a popular spot for the stars of all three promotions to gather safely. And their arrival drew some attention, as heads turned and eyes stared.

Rinoa Williams: Let’s just call it a … date night I suppose would be the most appropriate term.

He frowned, being far more comfortable isolated away from most others, but she had been insistent.

Rinoa Williams: You have kept yourself isolated far too much, my love. I think perhaps that in itself is a source of your nightmares. So I thought perhaps we could remove ourselves from our room and join the land of the living.

Kedron looked at her, and while she smiled genuinely, his face was perhaps more impassive, uinsure. Yet he indulged her, as he often did. It was something he simply was unable to help but do. He shook his head but with a smile slowly growing on his lips.

Kedron Williams: You do look out for my well being, don’t you?

Rinoa Williams: Well, someone has to.

She took him by the arm and started to guide him toward the lower bar to fetch them a refreshment, when he put on the brakes, stopping her suddenly. She turned to him, surprise and concern on her lovely face, but there was no reason to worry. His eyes were cast upward as the music of the rooftop club cast across the sky, and he instead turned and drew her to the center floor.

The only couple on the floor as he drew her waist against him with one arm, his free arm behind his own back. Her hands found his shoulders and many an eye watched in surprise as Kedron led his wife in a dance. Kedron’s old enemy, Ben Jordan, watched, and out of Kedron’s sight, Ben raised a glass to Rinoa.

>

I believe Satan to exist for two reasons:

1- The Bible says so.
2- I've done business with Him.

Offline StephenCallaway

• View Profile
    • Stephen Callaway
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 10:19:01 PM »
 We see Stephen sitting on a sofa in his hotel room.

Stephen Callaway
"Most weeks I'll sit here and talk about my week. Maybe I'll be out shopping and see something that inspires me so I'll sit and talk about that. Maybe I'll have seen something on TV that inspires me instead.

However, much like last week, I've spent most of this one sat in this fucking hotel room.

Now I get the whole 'bigger picture' of it all, but my week has been training as good as I can do, Netflix, Sky Go, Disney whatzit and a Wrestling on demand Network. There's been fuck all happening! I've not gone out, not been able to! Nothing on the TV that can't go half an hour without saying Corona!

But my job is to sit here and inspire YOU to order the pay per view. So what can I say?"

He takes a drink of some green liquid from a glass.

Stephen Callaway
"A year or so ago I left a company. Don't matter what one it doesn't affect the story. After a while I was happy. I'd chat with the wife, I sat watching the TV. I'd play video games, mosey to the shops. I was busy training the new generation in SML.

For a while I didn't need to be on TV. I'm not one of those fifty plus year old guys that can't walk away from the spotlight despite their bodies falling to bits because the need the spotlight or the money to cover their alcohol problems and three other failed marriages.

When the offer to go to Sin City came in I was this close to turning it down."

He holds his hand to the camera to show his thumb and forefinger about a centimetre apart.

Stephen Callaway
"But then it was the competition that called me back. Putting my skills up against others in competition. And yes, sometimes I lose. But I, unlike 80% of my opponents who focus on my losses, choose to look at it like 'on this night that guy was better than me'. We have a damn talented roster here in Sin City. Why should I be able to beat them all. For that matter show me one wrestler in the business today that has a 100% undefeated streak.

Because there will be matches that I win and mathes I'll lose. The trainer in me, the wrestling fan in me, the wrestler in me can see that there's plenty to learn in victory just the same as there is plenty, some would argue more, to learn in defeat."

He touches parts of his neck with his finger.

Stephen Callaway
"I'll need to go wash my hands now after that but Caleb, for someone that's apparently had his head kicked off, I seem to be very much still attached and, more importantly, alive. So why don't you come and you try? Knock me down and KEEP me down! Over the years the amount of times I've gotten up when I'm knocked down, I've been more persistant than Tubthumping. If I had a dollar for everytime someone has said they were going to knock me down and keep me down, I'd be able to buy this fucking hotel and the rest of the damn state! If I had a dollar for everyone that said they were going to knock me down and keep me down and actually did it, I'd be begging on the street!

But I feel I'm ignoring Kedron. See Keddy  wants to call me a...  what was it?"

He lifts up a sheet of paper.

Stephen Callaway
"A so-called ring veteran who is still living vicariously through his own glory days. Of which are long since past."

He rolls the sheet of paper into a ball and throws it over his shoulder where it hits the wall.

Stephen Callaway
"Much like a guy I watched the other week, I have more matches behind me than I have in front of me. I'm a fart away from 40 of couse my best days are probably behind me. But, as a wise man once said 'it's better to be a legend of yesterday than a star that never was'. I've been in this business for the better part of twenty years. I've amassed a career full of championships and accomplishments. But you? They could run an episode of Climax Control in Salem, Mass. They could put you in the main event and even make you the number one contender to the Sin City Title. Yet the second you step through the curtain, the crowd would be like 'who the fuck's this guy?'

Yes I got handed a title match that it could be argued I didn't earn, I covered that last week. But at least when I was put in the marquee match, I sold tickets. I was on Reporting Scotland and Scotland Today and a bunch of radio shows. You make such an impression that we work in the same damn company and I still had to Google you. Granted all I got from them was the gif of Elmo shrugging his shoulders. I mean you got into this match by... "

He picks up another sheet of paper. He reads it while having another drink of the green liquid.

Stephen Callaway
"Just says here you were thrown into the match. I've been here six months. I'm older than you. I've been in this business longer than you. Hell I'm at the point that I've not wrestled in three weeks yet I'm still suffering pain. In the last week alone I've dealt with pain going up one arm, pain in the fingers of my other hand and a leg that I can't stand on for too long. And Ill probably still get more bookings this year alone than you.

So if you want to try and keep me down too in a bid to see if even that makes a name for you, you're welcome to try. I can turn this hotel room into a glorified hospital bed until the airports open again. Hell I've been sat watching more TV than I probably should be for the last three weeks anyway and will probably be laying here for the next couple of months as it is. At least if someone could put me out of action for a bit, I wouldn't have to bother with working out.

But work out I do. Because I have you pair. See, I'd love to win at Blaze Of Glory. One because, as I said at the start, I enjoy that feeling of competition. Pitting my skills and experience against you and yours.

Two, because it proves that despite my age, my injuries and my not brilliant win loss record that not only can I still hang with the younger talent such as yourselves, that I can BEAT said talent such as yourselves.

And finally C because it would be just so damn funny that the ones banging on about me being handed opportunities, accusing me of living off my past and threatening to kick my head off can't beat me.

Now if you excuse me, I touched my neck so I have to go wash my hands. So, until Blaze Of Glory, Hakuna Matata!"    

He holds his hands up and smiles as we fade out.