Author Topic: Birthdays  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Birthdays
« on: July 14, 2023, 10:10:51 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, July 14, 2023
Zdunich Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
8:53 AM  PDT

Birthdays

These were always a big deal in families anyway but when there are four in the same family on the same day?  Well that can be problematic when the family is both large and spread out across the entire country of the United States of America. In order to properly celebrate and to avoid the family overly spamming special media, a zoom call was arranged. Seleana Zdunich had the group in Los Angeles with her, her wives, Christina “Crystal Hiltton” Zunich, Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell-Zdunich, her daughter, Aurora Zdunich, her cousin Nadja Lindström, Nadja’s fiancée Stephanie Sullivan, Stephanie’s teenage son Tyler Sullivan, Nadja’s younger sister, Freja Lindström, and Freja’s girlfriend Lucy Osman.

Seleana Zdunich: We are ready, ja?

The others all nod and Seleana starts the call. A few seconds later, they are joined by another large group from New York City consisting of Seleana’s cousin, Alexi “Storm” Zdunich-Priest, Alexi’s husband Robbie Priest, their children, Scarlett Priest, Amber Priest, and the triplets Eric, Jesse and Elias. Also standing in the shot are Alexi’s mother, Scarlett Zdunich, Scarlett’s boyfriend, Joey Nitro, Jenni Taylor and Jenni’s fiance Matt Robinson along with Matt’s two children, Nick and Chelsea. Jenni grins, her English accent standing out amongst all the Swedes.

Jenni Taylor: Stacy and Harley would have been here but Stacy had to be in Arizona for the show tomorrow but she sends her love, yeah?   

Seleana nods as a third picture pops up with a group from New Orleans. This time it has one of the birthday girls, Linnéa Lacroix, her wife, Seleana’s sister, Zenna Zdunich, Jenni’s sister, Kelly Taylor, their mother, Emelie Taylor, Kelly’s fiancée, Linnéa’s sister, Alissa Lacroix, Nadja and Freja’s sister, Maja Lindström and Maja’s boyfriend Matthias Lindeman. 

Alissa Lacroix: Wow, it’s a party already!

Kelly Taylor: We’d know about those, yeah?

Before anyone else can say anything, a fourth join screen happens from New Jersey with Seleana and Zenna’s third sister, Katra Zdunich, her wife, Joey’s daughter, Adrianna Zdunich, their on-again, off-again third wife/girlfriend/currently off-again, Eavan Maloney, their daughter Emileigh Maloney, Alexi’s sister, Ylva “Varghona” Lundqvist, and her girlfriend Levenia “Koloss” Lundgren.

Katra Zdunich: We… late?

Seleana can’t help but smile at her sister forcing herself to speak English.

Seleana Zdunich: Ingen ko på isen Kattunge.

Katra smiles, nodding.

Emileigh Maloney: See, told you you were worrying about nothing, Mamma!

Katra’s smile brightens at being called this.  As everyone else takes this in, a fifth join occurs, this time just two more people from Asheville, North Carolina in a fourth Lindström sister, Kajsa, and her wife, Jessie Barnes.

Kajsa Lindström: Hej!

As everyone starts to greet Kajsa and Jessie, the sixth and final join happens from Orlando with the last Lindström sister, Valkyrja and her girlfriend, Molly O’Hatherine.

Valkyrja Lindström: Hej!

Seleana nods and then smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: With everyone here now, shall we sing for Li, Ylva, Aunt Scarlett and Val?

Everyone agrees and quickly sings “Happy Birthday To You” to the four celebrants, all four seemingly touched and moved to tears by their family’s collective affection for them.

Linnéa Lacroix: Thank you!

Ylva "Vharghona" Lundqvist: Tack!

Valkyrja Lindström: Tack!

Scarlett nods to herself.

Scarlett Zdunich: I feel like I’ve already said that a lot today but…

She holds up her hand to show a shiny new ring on her finger. With eyes wide in excitement everyone not in New York exclaims their congratulations excitedly.

Scarlett Zdunich: Tack!

Jenni can’t help but grin playfully.

Jenni Taylor: So this means it’s a bloody race then, yeah? Matthew and I, Kels and Lis…

Valkyrja Lindström: They already lose, ja?

Laughter fills every room they can be heard in as Alissa and Kelly just stand there, shrugging.

Alissa Lacroix: I spose we deserve that at this point. We have been together a decade now…

Kelly Taylor: True… I think Mum’s been giving us the evil eye since she got here about it.

Jenni Taylor: Mum’s only been in this country two years!

Alissa shrugs.

Alissa Lacroix: I mean, that’s only like a fortnight, right?

Everyone laughs again and the conversation goes on for another twenty minutes before the call slowly comes to an end. As Seleana sits back in his chair, she can’t help but grin. Aurora hugs her and hurries off to her room. Freja and Nadja walk off with Lucy, Stephanie and Tyler slowly leaving Seleana alone in the room with her wives. As she sits in her chair, Christina just shakes her head in astonishment at her wife.

Christina "Crystal Hilton" Zdunich: How? How do you do that?

Seleana turns to face her.

Seleana Zdunich: Do what?

Christina just stares at her, the amazement still shining through.

Christina "Crystal Hilton" Zdunich: Things like this where you brought everybody together?

Before Seleana can answer, Alexandra chuckles slightly.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: It’s what she does, Chris. I may be Dat Girl in the ring, but Sel?

Alexabdra just shakes her head as well before nodding at Seleana.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: She’s Dat Girl here. What was that, a good twenty-five, thirty people? And we could have had more if some others weren’t busy and they would have been here because that’s what Sel does.

She smiles lovingly.

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: You’re incredible, Baby.

Christina nods her agreement.

Christina "Crystal Hilton" Zdunich: You are.

Tears starting in her eyes, Seleana stands and hugs her wives.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig!

Alexandra "Diamond" Caldwell-Zdunich: I love you too!

Christina "Crystal Hilton" Zdunich: I love you!

On-Camera

Friday, July 14, 2023
Zdunich Residence
Hollywood Hills
Living Room
4:47 PM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting on a couch, nodding to herself as she hits the button to start.

Seleana Zdunich: Sometimes, I wonder…

She nods as she looks down towards the floor.

Seleana Zdunich: How did I get here? 

She exhales heavily as she almost allows herself a slight chuckle.

Seleana Zdunich: And why do I do this?

Looking up,

Seleana Zdunich: As I have said before and been castigated many times saying so, this was never my dream when I was small.

She sits forward, her hands coming together and hovering just over her knees.

Seleana Zdunich: I lived my dream before I ever came into wrestling. I worked with animals and got to raise a lioness from baby to adult and I still get to work with her.

She nods to herself, smiling proudly.

Seleana Zdunich: Sarabi is my baby, ja?

She smiles, nodding contently.

Seleana Zdunich: I come here because my wife asked me to try and then I wanted to. She never had to ask me to continue. My sister asked me to form a team with her. My cousins talked to me about things. I had some ask me to help train them and enjoy it all!

She nods pointedly, pointing at herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I do this for me.

She stands, nodding pointedly again.

Seleana Zdunich: No one else.

She steps back and smiles to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Now I come to face Mercedes Vargas for an opportunity to enter the Queen For A Day match.

A snicker exits her lips.

Seleana Zdunich: That would be your worst nightmare, ja?

She points into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You give me that opportunity, Mercedes.

Her smile brightens even more.

Seleana Zdunich: How bad would that be to you?

She almost laughs despite herself.

Seleana Zdunich: The All-Timer. The Done-It-All Hall of Famer.

She nods knowingly to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: The Not In My League…

She finally allows herself to full on laugh out loud.

Seleana Zdunich: You say something like that every time and yet, what have you proven, Mercedes?

She nods as if the answer is obvious.

Seleana Zdunich: You have proven the exact opposite. If I were not in your league, you would destroy me in no time flat any time we get in the ring, ja?

The smile brightens yet grows mirthless. 

Seleana Zdunich: If I were not in your league, I would have won nothing. I would have wash out years ago and yet, here I am, still here, a multi time champion and staring you in the face again.

The smile suddenly changes back to amused.

Seleana Zdunich: It drive you mental that you cannot break me, ja?

She points into the camera and then sweeps her hand across the shot.

Seleana Zdunich: You want so bad to send me away and you cannot…

A smile and a nod greet the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: And now here we are, you and I one on one for a chance to enter the Queen For A Day Match. If I were not in your league, it would not even be a question and the fact that it is must burn you up, Mercedes.

The smile broadens as far as it can go
Seleana Zdunich: ¡Vete a la mierda puta!