Author Topic: Asterisk the 30th:  (Read 287 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Asterisk the 30th:
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:58:57 PM »

Momento de claridad/Moment of Clarity the Fourth: Voices and Reflections)
#NP "Slow Walking" by The Babies
24 de abril de 2016 ♦ L O S A N G E L E S, C A L I F O R N I A  

[Scope out her Twitter feed  for the past two weeks and you'll see flood of texts and hashtags and memes. Like a bad accident, you want to turn away but you can only stare, hopelessly, at just how much wrestling fans, those who are in the know, those who are misinformed, and those who are just tweet for the fun of it are all commentating on the event of that was Blaze of Glory.

For Mercedes Vargas, for better or for worse, this was unfamiliar territory. Try as she might to not let them get to her, the words across the screen cut her like a knife. Jessie Salco was trending, Vines began popping up, playing the final moments of a hard fought battle for the title Mercedes's briefly held. There's only so much you can take before the words “choke artist” takes it toll. Even then, no one was immune from the ravid fanbase that called themselves wrestling fans. Shaking her head, she reaches for an asprin due to a headache that hounded in the days after the supercard.

If the aftermath of her title match with Jessie was a Southwest Airlines commercial, she'd definitely want to get away.But it didn't matter where she went or how far she ran, there was no escape from the night that was in Phoenix. Instead of rising like the proverbial phoenix, her dreams died in the ashes of defeat.

If there was a time to redeem herself, the tour of Japan was definitely that time. And while it will be a while before she got another title shot, there was one thing she held over her distractions.

Conviction.
]

~ ~ ~

Blog: A Series of Unfortunate Events the Eleventh: Fácil llegó, fácil se fue/Easy Come, Easy Go
semana del 10 al 17 de abril de 2 0 1 6

Well, so much for that long title reign, huh? Not that I expected my reign to last forever. I knew that it had to end eventually. Jessie Salco answered the bell, she beat me and she ended my reign. I'll give her all the credit in the world. Blaze of Glory V was my Groundhog's Day. Three years in a row I wallk in as a champion, three years in a row I have nothing to show for it.

Easy come, easy go.

If it were only true. Winning the Bombshell Internet Championship from Alexis Edwards was anything but easy and neither was beating Melanie Gabrielle in my first defense. I'll admit that losing the title at Blaze of Glory was a little tough to stomach, but in the end, I think I came out better for it. You learn more from your defeats than victories  and I learned a valuable lesson in not leaving anything to chance. Like I said last Climax Control, I''m going to chalk up this loss and get better.

Because my championship days are far from over.

In the meantime, I'm going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and get ready for the next match. After three weeks, getting back in the ring sounds therapeutic. And speaking of that next match, was I surprised when I found out I'd be part of a six-woman tag match. Even better? There are a few familiar faces in this match and I'm looking forward to being in the same ring with them. Now, you may  have heard me bring up my history with Crystal and Amy, and Cynthia on occasion, but I don't think Roxi and I have what you would call a proper feud, partly because our feud isn't as long and partly because she has two years experience on me and have been in other promotions I haven't. Still, Roxi is at the top of her game and she and Keira have been on a roll. Love them or hate them, Team Hero are the longest reigning World Bombshell Tag Team Champions, they've held the titles going on six months now, they've turned away challenges on television and on pay-per-view. And their unbeaten as a team. It's up to me to step up my game and keep their unbeaten streak alive. Luckily, I won't have to do that alone.

That other familiar face happens to be the current Bombshell Roulette Champion, Kate Steele. Kate and I have met many times in many promotions and while it's been four monts since we last met in a ring, she was right in bringing up December 2 Dismember and the other match we had outside of SCW, both matches within a week of each other. Kate did pin me in the second match, but she didn't last long in the battle royal. In fact, she was the first one out, if I remember it right. But then again, maybe she knows something I don't. At the very least, maybe she forgot that prior to her win I've pinned her in our previous three encounters, but who cares, right? Selective memory and who beat who when and where is entirely irrelevant ahead of our match Sunday. No, Katie, you have something to prove and something to attain.  The night you won the Bombshell Roulette Championship, I was the first to congratulate you on Twitter and said that you have big shoes to fill, and it's true. You're good, Kate. You're very good. And someday, one day, you may beat my records with the championship you're carrying right now because in life there's always somebody there to take your place. Whether you're the one to take my place remains to be seen.

My reign length has stood for well over 13 months since Natalie McKinley defeated me at Blaze of Glory last year and no one has topped my record for most defenses, though Keira and Melanie came close. You just had your first defense against Veronica recently and depending on how you look at it, there's either plenty room to grow or a long way to go before you to really make a serious run at my accomplishments. Joining forces with Crystal, a former Bombshell Roulette Champion like myself, isn't a bad career move and in no way am I condemning you for it. See, today, the fans are chanting your name. Before all that? Not so much. You just started to get your name out there, but don't look back at one little match and play the big bad, because we both know what's up. I may not have pinned you in an SCW ring, but guess what? You haven't either. Who knows if that will change after Sunday?

You may be called “The Siren”, but the only one who will be singing their swan song is you if I pin you in the match. I've done it before, and I can do it again.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.

Su reina ha hablado!

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)