Author Topic: The "Golden" Sins...  (Read 426 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
The "Golden" Sins...
« on: June 29, 2012, 07:15:20 PM »
 “You had your shot, Rage.  You blew it.”

“You can’t beat Nick Jones.  No one can!”

“You’ll never hold heavyweight gold.  Why don’t you just give up now before you really embarrass yourself, big man.”

Am I the only one who has these nagging voices in my head that I wish I could strangle until they just…disappear?  Oh right…I can think of a few other looney tunes running around SCW.  So it’s not just me.  They keep repeating those same phrases over and over, trying to get me to listen.  They want me to give up.  To walk away with my reputation somewhat intact.

Fuck that.

It doesn’t matter how many times I hear those voices trying to bring me down.  I’m not giving up.  I won’t give up.  I can’t back down when I know…I know deep down I can win.  Wait…Not CAN win.  I WILL win.  I’ve worked too damn hard to just give up on finally getting what is rightfully mine.  Heavyweight gold.

Nick Jones doesn’t realize the kind of opponent I can truly be…especially now.  I’m a very dangerous man right now, but Nick is too busy trying to convince himself that I’m not to see the truth.  He’s blinding himself from seeing the amount of trouble he’s in for once I step into that ring with him again.  And this time…I won’t lose!

Scene One: Sloth and Gluttony

The Week Following London Brawling

After returning to Las Vegas from London, Rage has distanced himself from the group whenever he can.  The loss to Nick Jones affected him more than he or anyone else thought it would, especially after Gabriel and Despayre brought home the Tag Team titles.  It was just too much for the big man to handle, and he ultimately shut down.

After their plane landed, Rage chose not to head back to Synn and Despayre’s place, instead heading off on his own to…well, wherever it is that he stays when he’s not at Synn’s.  Shane and Gabriel tried to get him to change his mind and come celebrate with the rest of the group.  Hell, even Synn tried, but when Rage is in one of his pissed off moods, there is usually no persuading him to do anything he doesn’t want to do.

Believe it or not, but Rage does, in fact, have his own place in Las Vegas.  None of the other Sins knows exactly where that place is, and Rage keeps it that way for a reason.  He knows at least one of the others would try and find him.  Particularly the feisty feline of the Sins.

As Rage sits on the sofa at his place, the shades drawn and every light off, his phone is sitting on the end table next to him.  It suddenly beeps and vibrates, but he chooses to ignore it.  For now.

Rage: Sorry, I’m not home…don’t want to talk to any of you right now.

Rage then sprawls his large frame out on the sofa, his feet ultimately hanging over the edge.  His phone beeps again…and again…and again, until he has finally had enough.  He growls loudly as he reaches over his head and grabs the phone to read the messages.  All of them are from Kittie.

Where the fuck are you?!

You can’t ignore us forever, you big ape!

C’mon asshole!  You know I’ll find you!

That’s it!  I’m tracking your damn GPS!

Rage growls again, this time shaking his head.  He starts typing a response to Kittie.

Leave me the hell alone Kittie.  I’ve got nothing to say.

He sends the message then throws his phone back on the table and gets back to a sitting position.  He leans his elbows on his knees and lets out a sort of growling sigh, and he stands up and walks over to his refrigerator.  He takes a beer out of the fridge.  He opens the beer and takes a swig as he heads back over to the sofa, plopping back down.  Both sides of counter, and table of counter space that is available in Rage’s place is lined with empty beer bottles.

Rage: I need to stay here more often.  I can get some peace and—

He has apparently spoken to soon as, yet again, his phone beeps and vibrates from a text message from Kittie.  He takes another drink of his beer and rolls his eyes.

Rage: …quiet.

He grabs his phone again, reading Kittie’s latest text message.

Quit being such a lazy asshole and get your bald ass over here.  NOW!

Sorry, not in the mood.  Have loads of fun without me.  Shutting my phone off now.  Later.

He sends the message then removes the battery from the back of his phone and finishes his beer.  Rage throws the empty bottle to the floor without a care.  When he goes to get another one from the fridge, he grunts as he realizes that was his last beer.  Rage slams the fridge shut and looks around at all the empty bottles, and rubs his bald head.

Rage: Hmmm…time for a beer run.

Rage then grabs his keys and walks out, heading to the nearest liquor store for more beer.  Thirty minutes pass before Rage walks through the door again with a case of beer in his hand.  He doesn’t break into it right away, however.  Instead he puts it in the fridge, then walks down the hall to his bedroom.  He collapses on to his bed, closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep.

**Two Hours Later**

Rage is still passed out, his face buried in his pillow when someone starts pounding away on his door, but he doesn’t hear a sound.  Rage doesn’t even move an inch as the pounding continues.  He just continues to snore loudly, though his pillow drowns out it out just a bit.  When Rage doesn’t answer the door, his guest turns the knob, finding that the door is unlocked and walks inside.  The room may be completely dark, but the silhouette given off from the man walking in gives away just who it is.  Synn has somehow managed to locate Rage’s secret hideaway.  He clears his throat, expecting Rage to hear him, but no response is returned.  He takes it upon himself to search for a light switch, and once he finds it, he flips the switch.  He shakes his head at the mess he sees.

Synn: Oh, Theresa would have a fit if she were to see this place.  Such a mess.

Synn walks over to the refrigerator and opens it.  Upon inspecting its contents, or lack thereof as well as seeing all the empty beer bottles lying around, he is only further disappointed.

Synn: Forget the #GetRageLaid trend.  I think we need to #FindRageAWife, or at the very least, a housekeeper.

He sighs, and then heads off down the hall when he hears Rage’s snoring.  He walks into Rage’s bedroom, flipping the light switch on, which doesn’t do much, but the smallest of grins appears on his face when he sees Rage passed out, face down on the bed.

Synn: Such a tempting position he has left himself in.

Synn then walks around the bed to the opposite side of Rage.  He opens the shades, letting the sunlight into the room, but still Rage lays there, motionless, except for the rise and fall of his chest as he breathes.  Synn thinks for a second, before he decides to grab a hold of the mattress with both hands, lifting it up and flipping it over!  Rage rolls off the mattress, landing on the floor with a loud thud, and he finally wakes up.

Rage: What the f—

He turns and looks at the man who woke him, shocked to see Synn standing in his room.

Rage: Shit…you found me.

Synn: Does that honestly come as a shock to you?  I’ve known about this…place of yours, since you’ve had it, but I never had a reason until now to drop by for a visit.

Rage: Well, thanks for stopping by.  As you can see, I’m still alive, so you can leave.  Be sure to tell the others I’m fine and would like to be left alone.  I’m going back to sleep.

Synn: No.  You’re not.

Rage narrows his eyes at Synn as he gets back to his feet.

Rage: Excuse me?

Synn: This week of self-pity is over for you, starting right now.  You, Rage, are the Sin of Wrath, but from the looks of this place, and you, you’re turning into Sloth and Gluttony.  You’ve done absolutely nothing this entire week but sleep and binge on beer, and all over what?  One loss to Nick Jones?

Rage attempts to get back into bed and ignore Synn, but Synn stops him.

Synn: Don’t you dare get back in that bed, Rage.

Rage: Or what?  What are you gonna do?

Synn: You really shouldn’t ask such a dangerous question, you know.  The others may be fine with leaving you to sulk, but I’m done with it.  I won’t allow you to ruin everything you’ve worked so hard for just because you suffered one loss.

Rage: It wasn’t just ONE loss, Synn!  I had my shot!  The title was right there, and I failed!

Synn shakes his head as Rage loses his temper.

Synn: Do you honestly think that everyone succeeds at something on their first try?  No, they don’t.  Sometimes it can take several attempts, but the key is to never give up.  Don’t let one loss drag you down.

Rage: I’m not giving up, Synn.

Synn: Really?  From the looks of things, you have a terrible way of showing otherwise.

Rage growls, then storms off out the room and down the hall.  Synn follows behind him and frowns as Rage grabs another beer from the fridge.  When Rage goes to take a drink, Synn walks up to him and yanks the bottle from out of his hand, tossing it into the sink just a few feet away.  You can practically see the steam coming from Rage’s head as he fumes.

Synn: I’m serious, Rage  This stops right now.  How do you expect to get another title shot like this?  If you want the Heavyweight title as much as you say you do, and if you want to be the one to take down Nick Jones, then you need to move forward and keep trying.  Don’t give Mark Ward or Christian Underwood an excuse to give someone else a title shot over you.

Rage: I haven’t done shit to give them a reason I don’t deserve the title.

Synn: Not yet, anyway.  If they were to see you being such a sore loser right now, I’m sure that would be reason enough.  Plenty of guys are dying to get their hands on Nick Jones.  They all want to be the one who ends his reign as Heavyweight Champion.  We all know you want it more than the others Rage.  Most of the other guys who want a shot at Nick just have a problem with him.  You…you want that title more than anything.

Rage folds his arms across his chest and sighs.

Rage: You’re damn straight I do!  

Synn: Good, then keep showing everyone that.  Keep doing what you’re doing, and eventually, it’ll pay off.  You’ll be the Heavyweight Champion soon enough, you just need to be patient.  Though we all know that patience is not a trait that you possess.

Rage nods his head in agreement.

Rage: I’ve been patient for several months now, Synn.  I’m sick of waiting.

Synn: Well, you’re going to have to wait just a little bit longer.  These things don’t happen overnight.  You know that.  Now, get yourself cleaned up and get over to my place.

Rage shakes his head.

Rage: I really don’t want—

Synn; If you don’t, I’ll have no choice but to tell Kittie where you are.  I’m sure she’ll have no problem coming over here and dragging you there, with Joshua’s help.  

Rage closes his eyes and mumbles under his breath, clearly realizing he is fighting a losing battle.  Synn turns and heads for the door, but before he walks out, he takes one last look around, then looks at Rage.

Synn: Oh, and I’ll be sure to keep this mess a secret.  I’d hate to see Theresa’s reaction to a disaster like this.

Synn then walks out with a chuckle, leaving Rage alone once again.  Rage looks around at all the empty beer bottles, then shrugs, choosing not to clean up right now.  He heads into the bathroom to take a shower, then head over to Synn’s place.

Showing that one moment of weakness I had might have been a mistake, but it had to be done.  Nick Jones is probably laughing now that he saw that, but let him.  Let him think he’ll beat me again, simply because I let Sloth and Gluttony consume me the week after losing to him at London Brawling.  It doesn’t mean anything, because I won’t let it happen again.

Everyone knows I came close to beating him and finally ending his self-centered reign as the SCW Heavyweight Champion.  Nick can, and probably will, deny it all he wants, but he knows that I’m the one who is going to end it all for him.  All he needs to do is look at the Seven Deadly Sins as a stable, and he’ll realize his time has is running very short.  The Sins ARE the Golden Stable right now, and very soon, the Heavyweight title will be joining the Tag Team titles and the Bombshell Roulette title.

Nick may take advantage of the fact that I am the only Sin without gold, but I’ve already beaten him to the punch.  I’ve thought about that a lot recently, and that unfortunate fact is only adding to the danger that is in store for him this Sunday.  He really should see me as more of a threat than he does.

Nothing is going to stop me from taking that belt from him this time.  I’m surrounded by enough gold, and it’s time for me to join the others in all the glory.

Scene Two: Envy

Monday June 18th-The day after Into The Void

Rage is seen sitting inside a local coffee shop, several blocks away from the pawn shop he woke up in just a short time ago.  He was relieved to find he had enough cash in his pocket to buy a large cup of coffee as he tried to figure out where he is.  A few other customers inside the coffee shop send awkward glances at Rage, either due to his sheer size, or the fact he’s giving off a suspicious attitude.  When they continue to stare, he glares at them, and they nervously look away, getting back into their own conversations and trying their best to ignore him.

Rage looks out the window and watches as a cop car rushes off down the street.  Rage can only assume it is headed to the pawn shop he woke up.  He knows when they get there they will find the owner of the pawn shop knocked out cold on the floor, as he had no choice but to hightail it out of there.  If he hadn’t, he’d be headed to jail for sure, and that is not a place he wanted to go back to.  So, he keeps telling himself he had to do it.  

As he tries to get an idea of where he is, he gets a notification on his phone, alerting him of a new tweet.  And just who is the new tweet from?  Kittie, of course.  He replies to the tweet, only for Kittie to try and get the big man to spend the day with her, and she even offered to leave her new Bombshell Roulette title at home.

@SCWKittie I’m telling you…I don’t know where the fuck I am!

@SinofWrathRage aww crap. Turn your GPS on and I will come find you…

Instead of responding to her last tweet, Rage instead, sends her a text message.  That is the fastest way to figure out where he is at, afterall, and he doesn’t have to make an even bigger fool of himself on twitter.  He chooses not to call her, either, so those surrounding him don’t hear the predicament he has gotten himself into.

I don’t know what the fuck I did last night, but I woke up in some pawn shop a little while ago!  I had to knock out the owner when he walked in, and I just barely got out of there before the cops showed up!

He sends the message, and takes another drink of his coffee.  A woman sitting at a table a few feet away from him glances at him nervously, but he acts as though he doesn’t notice, and a few seconds later, his phone beeps.

Holy shit!  Ok, what are some of the buildings around you?  I’ll put it into my GPS.

I’m at some coffee shop a few blocks down the street from Leo’s Pawn Shop.  I didn’t look at the name.  Just hurry the fuck up and get here!

Rage tosses his phone down on the table, and leans back in his chair, as he waits for Kittie to come find him, he looks out the window again nervously, as an ambulance rushes down the street in the same direction the cop car went.

Rage: Ahh, fuck…

Rage is careful not to say this too loud, so as not to draw any more attention in his direction.  About thirty minutes go by, when the door to the coffee shop swings open.  Rage is relieved to see Kittie walking in, and she heads over to join him, taking a seat across from him.

Kittie: What the fuck did you do?

She leans in and talks as quietly as she can.

Kittie: I drove by that pawn shop out of curiosity.  You really caused a big scene down there.

Rage: I have no idea how I wound up in that place, Kittie!  All I remember is walking out of the Aurora Night Club last night, and the next thing I knew, I woke up in there with an empty bottle of Jack on the floor next to me.  I don’t know how the alarm in that place didn’t go off!

Kittie can’t help but laugh, as she thinks for a second.

Kittie: Did Despayre somehow end up with you last night?  That’s the only logical explanation to the alarm not going off.

Rage: I have no idea!  Ask him!  Damn it, Shane was right.  I shouldn’t have left last night, because look what happened.

Kittie: Did you just say that Shane was right?

Kittie looks at him in disbelief, as she sits back in her seat.  Rage thinks for a second, then nods.

Rage: Don’t tell him I said that, or I swear—

Kittie; I won’t.  I should, but I won’t.

Kittie laughs, as Rage just glares at her.

Kittie: Well, I wasn’t gonna try and stop you from leaving.  You already know that I go through those exact same feelings every day.  Remember our conversation we had just last week?

Rage thinks, and nods, as he starts to remember the conversation Kittie is talking about.

Flashback to the previous week…

After polishing off their latest drinks, and having lost count and just how many they’ve consumed, Kittie and Rage are still in the goth looking nightclub, both showing signs they are slightly buzzed.  Given the fact that Rage is much larger than Kittie, it’s amazing she is able to drink as much as the big man.

Rage: You’ve been taking drinking lessons from Shane, haven’t you?

Kittie lets out a laugh as she signals the bartender for another round.

Kittie: Hell no!  Brandi drinks twice as much as Shane, and I’ve been partying with her a lot more.

The bartender brings over their drinks.  They each take a glass, then clink them together in a toast.

Rage: What are we toasting for?

Kittie: Bringing more gold to the sins, of course!

Rage’s nostrils flare, and he growls before he brings the glass to his mouth, and downs the entire drink in one shot.  He slams the glass down on the bar.

Rage: Neither one of us has a title shot at Into The Void, Kittie, or don’t you remember?

Kittie follows suit with Rage, swallowing her drink in one gulp.

Kittie: No, but once I win this free-for-all, I know I’ll finally get another shot and Misty and get my Bombshell title back.  I swear, it makes me sick seeing her walk around with my baby!

Rage: Listening to Nick all the time makes me want to just strangle him.  I should be the one facing Nick for the title on Sunday, not being the damn ring enforcer.

Rage orders the next round of drinks this time, as the two then begin to stew in their loathing of the top champions in SCW.

Kittie: That self-righteous nasty bitch doesn’t deserve the title.  She walks around calling herself the only true Bombshell.  We’ll see about that you pasty-faced bitch!

They take their drinks from the bartender, tossing them back.  Rage lets out a loud belch, but thankfully for him, the music is much louder, so only those within a few feet of him and Kittie notice it.

Rage: Don’t take this the wrong way, but I really hope I get the Heavyweight title before you get the Bombshell Title back.  You breathe envy every day, so you’re used to it.

Kittie glares at him, then she balls up a fist and punches him in the chest, but it has little affect against him.

Kittie: Fuck you!

Rage cracks a smile, as Kittie turns away and pouts.

Back to now…

Kittie: Looks like that statement backfired on you, didn’t it asshole?

Rage: Shut the fuck up.

Rage raises his voice a little, and a few people around them look in their direction.  He shrugs it off and ignores them.

Kittie: It’s the truth.  But, don’t blame me because none of us knew that there was a title in that briefcase.  I couldn’t believe it!  I bet Misty is pissed that I’m the first Bombshell Roulette Champion and she’s not.  The bitch will never be able to take that away from me at least.

Rage: Here we go talking about Misty again.

Kittie: I’m trying to make a damn point!

Rage folds his arms.

Rage: Oh really?  And what point my that be, other than your undying hatred towards Misty?

Kittie: My point is that I was so determined to win that match because I thought it was going to get me another shot at Misty, that it paid off…in a better way!  I let the envy motivate me enough that I wouldn’t allow myself to walk out of Into The Void on the losing end.  I kept fighting and kicking ass, and look at me now?  The first ever Bombshell Roulette Champion.

Kittie smiles proudly, though Rage doesn’t.  He takes a sip of his coffee, and frowns, realizing it is now cold.

Rage: Yeah, well things are a bit different for me at the moment, Kittie.  I’m the only active Sin without a title!  What does that show?

Kittie: It shows that you were meant to be the Heavyweight Champion, and that you will be!  You’ll get another shot soon.  Hell, there is a reason that Nick Jones is still the champion, right?

Rage: Because Bo and I played nice and didn’t do anything to cost him the title?

Kittie shakes her head.

Kittie: No! Well…maybe, but c’mon!  What do you keep saying over and over?  YOU are the one who will finally beat him, Rage.  You’ll do what so many others haven’t been able to do yet.

Rage: I hope so, because if I fail again—

Kittie: You won’t!  You may be the Sin of Wrath, but I can sense the envy coming off of you.  Embrace it, Rage…Let it do to you, what it did for me.  Use it to your advantage and let it motivate you to take what you want…what you deserve.

The door to the coffee shop opens again, and Rage’s eyes widen when two police officers walk in, heading to the counter.

Rage: Yeah, yeah, yeah…Look, we need to get the hell out of here.

He motions his head in the direction of the police officers, and Kittie nods.  

Kittie: Oh, shit…

Rage and Kittie then quietly stand up from the table, and head towards the door, trying to look as innocent as possible, not looking at the two police officers as they each order coffee.

Envy can drive us to our breaking point.  Just ask Kittie.  Ok, maybe don’t ask her, but bear witness to her actions each and every day, and you’ll see what I’m talking about.  We see the possessions certain people have, or the success they’ve achieved.  We see certain qualities about a person that we want more than anything in this world, but we don’t have those possessions...that success or those qualities.  We simply see something about a person that we want so much, it eats away at us.

I look at Nick Jones as he carries the Heavyweight Title around and the Envy that oozes out of my pores is literally making me sick!  You all may read that envy as hatred towards Nick, but to be honest, I don’t really hate the guy.

I simply look at what he has, and what he has achieved, and I’m dying to reach that same level.  I want to feel that glory he has felt for the past five months.  I want people to look at me and say “Damn, what is it gonna take to stop him?” Or “Rage is simply unbeatable!”  I want people to look at me and consider me the best that SCW has to offer.  I want it so bad it pisses me off!

When I first came to SCW, I admit, I didn’t even want the Heavyweight title.  I didn’t really care about any title, to be honest.  I was too focused on beating the hell out of Blade Alexander and silencing that insult slinging asshole to see my true potential.

But then I started hanging around Gabriel too much, and it had an effect on me.  The Greed started to sink in and I simply wanted more than I had.  When I won the Tag Team titles with Jamie, I got a taste of what being a champion felt like, and it made me hungry for more…so much more.

Scene Three: Greed

Inside Synn’s home, Despayre is seen running around the living room with Angel in one hand, and his tag team title belt around his waist.  Gabriel is seated on one of the sofas, watching as Despy does laps around the room.  Even a week after retaining the titles hasn’t slowed Despy’s excitement.  Not one bit.

As he rounds the corner of the room nearest to the door leading to the kitchen, he doesn’t notice Rage walking into the room.  He’s running too fast and doesn’t have time to avoid a collision with the big man.  Despy stumbles back, but he is able to keep his footing.

Despy: Ow…

Gabriel didn’t witness Despy running into Rage laughs as he hears Despy say ow.

Gabriel: How many times have you run into the wall now, Despy?

He chuckles again, but Rage clears his throat, surprising Gabriel a little.  Gabriel turns around to see Rage standing there, looking less than pleased.

Gabriel: Meh…bet that felt like hitting a wall.

Rage: Oh, ha ha, Gabriel.  You’re just so damn funny.

Gabriel shrugs and offers the big man a smile as Rage takes a seat in the chair across from Gabriel.

Gabriel: I thought so.  What about you, Despy?  You think I’m funny, right?

Despy: Uh huh!  Angel does too!

Despayre then starts running around the room again.  Rage tries to avoid looking at him, but he can’t help it as Despayre zooms past him several times, occasionally tapping his bald head.

Rage: Damn it, Despy!  Would ya knock it off?!

Gabriel can’t help but laugh as Despy continues to toy with Rage, egging him on further.

Rage: C’mon, Despy, just sit down!  And will you take that belt off already?!  It’s been a week since you and Gabriel retained the damn things.  The excitement has worn off already!

Despy: Angel says you’re jealous!

Rage slams his fist down on the arm of the chair.  Despy skids to a stop, holding Angel up to his ear.

Despy: Ooh!  Good idea, Angel!  Let’s go get it!

Despayre then darts up the stairs and to his room, leaving Rage and Gabriel to themselves for the moment.  Rage places his hands over his face, taking in a deep breath.

Gabriel: I think he’s had too many skittles and cherry coke today.  Haven’t seen him this hyper in a while.

Rage grunts, then puts his hands behind his head and looks at Gabriel.

Rage: The running in circles I can deal with, Gabriel, but the fact he is still wearing that damn belt is really driving me crazy!  He’s acting like you guys just won the damn things.

Gabriel: Don’t try and act like you wouldn’t do the same thing once you win the Heavyweight title.  He’s proud to be a champion, and you will be too.

Rage shakes his head.

Rage: Right.  Don’t take this the wrong way, but I look at the tag titles and I think about Wyatt and Sean beating me and Jamie and it just—

Gabriel: Pisses you off?

Rage nods.

Gabriel: Everything pisses you off, bud.  Hell, Despy’s cat can actually have a nice moment towards ya and you want to boot the damn thing across the room.

Rage: Hey!  He tries to catch me off guard!  You know that cat digs his claws into me every chance he gets.

Gabriel shakes his head and holds his hand up to silence Rage.  Before he has a chance to respond back, he looks at the table next to the chair Rage is sitting in, growing confused.  He points to the table, and Rage turns his head to see Angel sitting on the table with his Universal title (Sorry Hawkes \'tongue.gif\') sitting in front of him.  Rage shakes his head in confusion and blinks a few times.

Rage: Where the hell…?

Despy: Angel!  How did you beat me down there?!

Rage and Gabriel look upstairs to see Despayre standing at the top, looking down at Angel.  They both scratch their heads, but choose not to ask the question that is on both of their minds. (Will anyone ever find out that bear’s secrets?)

Despy: Angel almost forgot about his Universal title!  Even Angel is a champion!

Rage glances at the Universal title that once belonged to James Huntington Hawkes III, and lets out a low guttural growl.  He stands up from the chair and takes a seat next to Gabriel instead, distancing himself from Angel and his “title.”  Sensing the tension coming from Rage, Gabriel looks at Despy and Angel.

Gabriel: Uhh, Despy, why don’t you take Angel upstairs for a bit?  I need to talk to our angry buddy here for a minute.

Despy frowns, slightly disappointed, but he grabs Angel and heads for the stairs.

Despy: Maybe he’d be happy with a gold tooth, huh Angel?

Gabriel laughs again, but Rage just grunts, eyeballing Despy as he darts up the stairs and back to his room.  Rage moves back over to the chair.

Gabriel: You know what I think is going on with you, bud?

Rage folds his arms, looking at Gabriel shaking his head.

Gabriel: You’ve been hanging around me too long.

Rage raises one eyebrow, not sure exactly what Gabriel means.

Rage: You don’t need to tell me that twice, but where are you going with this?

Gabriel: Tell me something.  It’s not just seeing the tag team titles that pisses you off, is it?  It’s seeing ANY title.  

Rage shrugs, not wanting to admit it, but he ends up nodding his head in agreement.

Rage: I already had this conversation with Kittie.  You don’t need to remind me that I’m suffering from a little bit of Env—

Gabriel: Greed.

Both speak at the same time, but Rage looks at Gabriel a little baffled.

Rage: Greed?  How the hell am I greedy?!

Gabriel: You might be a little envious, true, but I’m sensing a lot of greed also.  Hell, you’re starved for any sort of gold, you’d go after the Bombshell title if ya could!  Though I wouldn’t recommend trying that.  I don’t think you’d make a real good drag queen.

Gabriel grins and laughs at his own statement, but as usual, Rage just glares at him.

Rage: I want the Heavyweight title, Gabriel.  That’s the title I’m starving for.

Gabriel: Oh c’mon, admit it.  Are you telling me that if you could, you wouldn’t team up with Jamie Staggs again and come after the tag team titles?  You may want the Heavyweight title the most right now, but face it, any title would satisfy you at this point.

Rage shakes his head.

Rage: No, I wouldn’t.  As much as you and Despy drive me crazy most days, I don’t think you’d want me to be the one to take those tag titles from you, and Synn would never allow it anyway.  Even if it was a friendly fight.

Gabriel: You sound pretty damn confident that you and Jamie could beat me and Despy.  We’re undefeated as a tag team remember.

Rage: So?  Someone has to beat you eventually, and to be honest, if Sean and Wyatt hadn’t gotten lucky and robbed me and Jamie of those titles, they’d still be around our waists and you know it.

Gabriel: You may not want to admit it, bud, but you’ve got some greed going on in that mind of yours.  You need to just admit it, because if you don’t, you won’t get that Heavyweight title.  Greed can be a major motivator.  Trust me, I’m living proof, and look at where it’s gotten me.

Rage thinks to himself for a second, processing everything Gabriel is telling him.  

Gabriel: I can tell how much you want the Heavyweight title.  I haven’t seen you this determined since I met ya.  Don’t hold yourself back for one second.  If you want the Heavyweight title as bad as you say you do…as bad as we all know you do…you just need to go out there and take it.  Go out there and take Nick Jones down already.  It’s gotta be you, bud.

Rage nods his head, just barely cracking a smile, but he stops himself before Gabriel notices.

Rage: Oh I plan to.  Trust me.  I lost once, but I’m damn sure not gonna let it happen a second time.

Gabriel: That’s the spirit, but I got an added bonus for ya.  Once you beat Nick Jones for the Heavyweight Title, I’ve got the perfect way to celebrate, and it’ll be one hell of a party.

Gabriel leans back on the sofa with a smile, planning his next trick.  Don’t know what it is?  Follow him on Twitter then!

Nick must be wondering where I’m going with all of this, but I’ll get to my point in just a bit.  I promise.  I just want Nick to truly get to know the man who is going to take his title from him.  He seems to think he knows soooo much about every one of his opponents, which may be true when it comes to the others.

But not me.  He doesn’t truly know the Sin of Wrath.

Being a part of the Sins has been quite an experience.  Back in GXW, it was only Synn, Shane, Fantasia and myself.  After GXW closed its doors, they moved on and found Gabriel and Despayre and joined the AWA while I was…incarcerated…and the family grew.  Yes, I said family.

Turns out Despy was more family then the rest of us.  I shouldn’t have been shocked to learn the truth.  Hell, a part of me had a feeling Synn was his father all along, but it was Synn’s business so I kept my mouth shut.

I know at times it may seem like I don’t want to be around the others, because I’ve been known to walk away a lot, but if I didn’t want to be a part of the Sins, I’d have left a long time ago.  Plain and simple.

But the Sins have crafted me into who I am today.  Each one of them knows what they have to do to bring out the beastly side of me.  They know just what a dominant force I can be in the SCW…Wait, again, not CAN be…WILL be.  I will be the leading force in SCW.

Synn, Shane, Fantasia, Gabriel, Despayre and Kittie…My FAMILY…They know just how unstoppable I will be once I get that title.  The PRIDE I feel now, is only a fraction of what I will feel once I’m finally known as the SCW Heavyweight Champion.

Scene Four: Pride

All is quiet throughout Synn’s home.  Unusual, considering normally Despayre is running around in one of his wild and crazy moods, or his furry little feline (what is that cat’s name anyway?!) is attacking someone in the house.  The majority of the time the cat chooses Rage as his scratching post.

Shane is seen seated on one of the sofas with his lustful companion, Fantasia seated in his lap.  The two are off in their own conversation, when Rage walks into the room from the kitchen(he’s always coming out of the kitchen isn’t he? \'tongue.gif\').  He is about to join the two, but he stops in his tracks as he is about to walk past a full length mirror.  He had never noticed it before.  He turns to face the mirror, pointing to it, and just as he is about to ask about it, he lowers his hand and just stares at himself.  

Fantasia looks over towards Rage, smiling a little.  She whispers in Shane’s ear, and he turns his head to look at the big man as he is apparently admiring himself in the mirror.

Shane: Oi!  What are you doing big fella?  That mirror is for my use only, bud.

But Rage doesn’t respond.  It’s almost as if he is temporarily deaf, and has gone into a trance in front of the mirror.  Fantasia stands up, as does Shane, and he walks over, standing behind Rage.  Rage doesn’t acknowledge Shane right away.

Shane: Hey, snap out of it baldy!  

Rage shakes his head, then looks at Shane through the mirror.

Rage: Huh?

Shane: What are you doing?  You’re gonna break my mirror!

Rage narrows his eyes, but turns his attention away from Shane, and back to his own reflection.  Fantasia watches curiously, and Despayre even glances down to the two from upstairs, offering his own explanation for Rage’s actions.

Despayre: He’s sexy and he knows it!

Fantasia is heard laughing, and Shane is unable to hold back his laughter, too.  Rage would normally scowl, but he is too entranced with his reflection in the mirror to even notice Despayre’s last comment.  Having not gotten a response from Rage, Despayre walks away slightly disappointed, and Shane turns his attention back to Rage.  Rage reaches his hand out to touch the mirror, but Shane smacks his hand away, now a little concerned.

Shane: Ok now you’re starting to scare me, big man.  You feeling okay?

Rage: Don’t you see it?

Shane looks in the mirror, shaking his head.

Shane: See what?  All I see is the glare coming off that bald noggin of yours!

Rage shakes his head, then points towards his waist.

Rage: That!  The Heavyweight Title…It’s right there!

Shane: No it’s not, but it should be.  You’re seeing things mate.

Rage runs his hand over his head, keeping his eyes locked on his waist.  In his mind, he is seeing the Heavyweight title secured around his waist.

Rage: It’s clear as day, Shane!  I can almost feel it, too.  

Shane turns to look at Fantasia, and shrugging his shoulders.  He twirls his finger around his head, giving the universal sign that Rage has lost his mind.

Shane: How much have you had to drink today, bud?  

Rage: I haven’t had a drop…I don’t think.

Shane: Right then…Now get away from my mirror!  You’re blocking my view of my gorgeous body.

Shane tries to push Rage to the side, but Rage refuses to step away from the mirror.  

Rage: No!  Get the hell away from me, Shane!  What I’m seeing is a hell of a lot more important than you staring at yourself all the time.

Shane: Wait a second…I think I understand what’s going on now.  It’s all making sense.

Rage ignores Shane as he runs his hand along the mirror where he is seeing the Heavyweight Title.

Shane: Feeling a bit of pride, are ya?

Rage shakes his head, almost getting a disgusted look on his face.

Rage: I don’t think so, Shane.  I’m not drooling over myself like you do several times a day.  

Shane: No, but you’re drooling over the thought of that title around your waist.  You know you’re a champion at heart, so now you’re envisioning it as if it’s already happened and you can’t look away.  How does that title look around your waist?

Rage: I need that fucking title, Shane…

Shane cracks a smile, patting Rage on the back.

Shane: It’ll be yours soon enough, bud.  The fact that you’re already seeing it around your waist is proof enough.  

Rage: I never understood it Shane…I never understood how you could stand in front of a mirror for so long and just admire yourself all the time!  But I get it now…

Shane: You’re starting to understand each one of us a little bit better lately, aren’t ya?  I didn’t believe Synn, Kittie and Gabriel when they told me about their little chats with you, but I’ve got no choice but to believe them on this one.  Never thought I’d see you acting like me…never in a million years.

Rage looks up at scowls at a grinning Shane.

Rage: I’m not acting like you, dammit!  And what did those three tell you anyway?!

Rage is finally able to tear his eyes away from the mirror, and he turns around, getting face to face with the Sin of Pride.

Shane: Oh I think you know exactly what they told me.  Ever since you’ve set your sites on the Heavyweight title, you’ve been experiencing a lot of emotions, haven’t ya?  You’ll always be the Sin of Wrath, but that Heavyweight title is changing you, but it’s not holding you back at all from the looks of it.

Rage: What the hell are you talking about?

Shane: Think about it..Sloth and Gluttony after you lost at London Brawling.  Envy…Greed and now Pride since then.  Do you get it now?

Rage: You all are seriously pissing me off more than usual, you know that?  

Rage turns and walks away from Shane, heading over to the chair across from Fantasia, and he takes a seat.  Shane once again joins Fantasia on the sofa.

Shane: You shouldn’t let it.  This is the one time that you should be grateful that you’re showing traits like us, because everything you’re going through is what’s going to get you Heavyweight title.  It’s going to be the deciding factor in you finally beating Nick Jones.

Rage: I don’t see how being like you…feeling so much pride would get me anywhere, other than make me a cocky son of a bitch like Nick Jones.

Shane: Being cocky got him somewhere didn’t it?  How long has he been the champ?

Rage growls again, having been reminded of Nick Jones’ long reign as SCW Heavyweight Champion.

Shane: Synn, Kittie and Gabriel all did their part.  Now it’s my turn.  Pride can and will lead you to great things, mate.  Put yourself up on that pedestal carrying the gold.  Show everyone your greatness.  Embrace the pride…don’t deny it.

Rage: All I’ve been hearing lately is embrace this or embrace that…What I should be embracing is the damn anger!  

Shane: No one is telling you not to embrace your anger, or to hide it.  You’re pissed off that Nick is still the champ?  Use it.  You’re envious over Gabriel and Despy being the tag team champions, Kittie being the Bombshell Roulette champion, and Angel being the Universal Champion…

Rage glares at Shane as if telling him not to go there.

Shane: Oh, yes you are…But back to my point.  You’re envious..you’re greedy…and now you’re pride is showing through.  You’re showing pride in yourself for having reached the success that you have, and trust me mate, once that title is yours, it’ll only intensify.  Use what you saw in that mirror to get what you want so bad, because you saw the future.

Just like he did with his conversation with Gabriel, Rage thinks to himself silently, processing every word.  Shane turns to Fantasia and smiles before he lets out a laugh.

Shane: You know what this means, right?

Fantasia: I’m very well aware of what this means.  The only question is does he?

They both look at Rage with smiles on their faces, but he looks more confused than anything.

Rage: What?

Fantasia stands up, and walks behind Rage placing a hand on his shoulder.

Fantasia: You and I are going to have a serious conversation tomorrow.

Do you see it yet, Nick?  Do you see your very near future?  It’s an empty one, isn’t it?  Don’t try and say it’s not, because after you managed to beat me at London Brawling, something snapped inside me.  This is all your fault, you know.

All these feelings I’ve been going through these last few months are a bad omen for you, Nick.  My hunger for what you call yours at this moment is turning me into something I never imagined I’d be.  It’s turning me into more than just the Sin of Wrath.  I’m changing into something that you simply do NOT want to go up against.

Fantasia even helped me to see a side of myself I didn’t even know existed.  She opened my eyes to the very Sin she embodies every single day.  She opened my eyes to lust.

Scene Five: Lust

The sun is beating down through a cloudless Las Vegas sky.  A heat wave is striking most of the nation today, though Rage doesn’t seem to mind.  Instead of lounging around indoors, he is taking full advantage of the weather outside and is soaking up some rays.  He is laying back on one of the lounge chairs surrounding Synn’s pool, wearing only his swimming trunks and his sunglasses to shield his eyes.  He has his hands behind his head as he relaxes with his eyes closed.

As he daydreams he doesn’t hear the patio door open, or Fantasia walking up behind him, wearing one of her many lovely bikinis, and a bottle of sun tan lotion in her hand.  She takes a seat in the lounge chair to the right of Rage and looks at him.

Fantasia: Why do I have the feeling you have been avoiding me?

Rage nearly falls out of the chair as Fantasia startles him.  He doesn’t look at her, however, but chooses to close his eyes again and get back to his daydreaming.

Rage: Maybe because I am.  I don’t feel like talking right now.

Fantasia: You can’t avoid this conversation forever, you know.  

Rage turns his head slightly to face Fantasia.  He’s shakes his head as she starts to put on the sun tan lotion generously.

Rage: I can if I damn well want to.  I’m trying to clear my head right now, and all you people keep doing is—

Fantasia: We’re trying to help you do just that, Rage.  You’re just being too stubborn to realize how much what any of us has to say can truly help you.

Rage: You call that helping?  Do you realize how much shit is going through my head right now?  You all know how much I want the title, but how will anything any of them have said, help me any? And, I don’t see how anything you have to add might help.

Fantasia smiles and sets the bottle of sun tan lotion down, turning to face Rage.

Fantasia: You know what I have to add to this, don’t you?  You know exactly what I have seen, and what I have to say.

Rage: What do you mean, what you’ve seen?  

Fantasia: Ok, I want you to do something.  First, take off your sunglasses.

Rage starts to protest, but Fantasia holds up a hand and stops him.

Fantasia: Do not argue with me.  Take off your sunglasses, lean back and close your eyes.

Rage growls, his only form of protest, but he does as Fantasia tells him.  She takes his sunglasses from him as he leans back in the lounge chair again, closing his eyes.

Rage: I don’t see how this is different than what I was just doing.

Fantasia: Be quiet, and just listen to me, okay?

Rage sighs, then nods.

Fantasia: Good.  Now, I want you to think of one thing and one thing only right now.  Picture that Heavyweight title, Rage.  Imagine that belt right in front of your eyes.  Do you see it?

Rage: Of course I see it!  Taking it away from Nick Jones is all—

Fantasia: Imagine the belt by itself.  It’s right in front of your eyes, clear as day.  You reach your hand out to touch it, much like you did in the mirror yesterday, but this time, your hand goes right through it.  It’s almost as if you are touching a ghost.  

A furious look appears on Rage’s face, though he keeps his eyes closed.

Rage: What the…

Fantasia: I saw the look in your eyes yesterday as you were envisioning the Heavyweight title around your waist.  I saw the look in your eyes earlier today…

Rage: What are you talking about?

Fantasia: You thought you were alone, but I was watching you from a distance.  I saw you with that picture on your laptop.  The picture of the Heavyweight Championship.  I know what you were feeling.

Rage has finally had enough and opens his eyes, looking up at Fantasia who is now standing behind his lounge chair.

Rage: You’re speaking in riddles…

Fantasia: No, I’m not.  I saw that longing in your eyes.  Don’t try and deny that physical need, because as the Sin of Lust, I know it when I see it.

Rage now erupts in full blown laughter, but it is an awkward laughter.

Rage: We are still talking about the Heavyweight title, right?  Because there is nothing physical about me wanting that title.

Fantasia: Of course there is.  

Rage thinks for a second, not fully understanding her.

Fantasia: Why did you touch the mirror when you saw the Heavyweight title around your waist?  What was going through your mind when you were just staring at that picture today?  You want to touch that belt so bad; to feel it in your hands.  Lust, Rage…

Rage: It’s a damn belt!  What does Lust have anything to do with it?!  You make it sound like some sick fantasy..

Fantasia: A person can feel lust for more than just a physical relationship with another person.  One can lust for more than just that, and you know it.  Any intense desire or feeling you have for something can be considered lust.

Rage leans forward, burying his head in his hands and letting out a growl.

Fantasia: Do you realize what this title is doing to you?  You’ve turned into something I can honestly say I don’t think any one of us has ever been before.  Individually, yes, but one single person experiencing all these feelings can be dangerous.  We’re all trying to get you to find it in you to channel all those feelings and use it to your advantage.

Rage: No!  No!  The only thing I need to channel is my anger, because that is the only thing that will really destroy Nick.

Fantasia: You can find a way to control all these feelings and use them all.  You are the Sin of Wrath, and you always will be, but there is a reason you are experiencing envy, greed, pride and lust all at once.  What do you have when you combine them all?

Rage closes his eyes, taking in a deep breath.

Rage: Me…

Fantasia nods with a smile.

Fantasia: Exactly.  And in just a few days, you will be the new SCW Heavyweight Champion.

”You can’t beat me, Rage.”
“You’re just the best of the worst.”
“You’re the next in a long line of losers.”

The voices in my head have now turned into one just one voice.  What used to be the voices of doubt in myself, is now the voice of Nick Jones.  I’ve listened to everything he’s said over the past few months, and by placing Nick’s voice inside my head trying to bring me down, it’s having the opposite effect.  It’s further motivating me to do whatever the hell I can to take the title away from him.  These past few weeks I’ve come to realize a lot, and I owe a lot to my fellow Sins.

Right now I should be thanking the rest of the group for all of their help, but my thanks to them will come later.  I’ll get to them all in due time, but as for now, I’d like to focus my thanks to Nick Jones.  Nick has done quite a bit recently to help turn me into what I have become, but he doesn’t realize it.  He walks around so absorbed in himself it literally makes me want to puke.  

Nick, I want to show my gratitude towards you for opening my eyes to something I never believed until now.  You’ve opened my eyes to the possibilities…no, to the very near future!  Nick Jones, you have been instrumental in your own destruction.  You see it now, don’t you?  You have to, because I do.  I’ve finally embraced what I have turned into.  You probably saw it even before I did.  My fellow Sins knew what I hadn’t figured out for myself.

I was confused, Nick.  I was trying to figure out a solitary way within myself to bring you down.  Every time I thought I had that way figured out, something else came along.  I’ve realized that it’s gonna take more than just my anger to beat you.  Until now, my anger ran every aspect of my life.  It controlled who I was in the ring and it pushed me to where I am today, but now…

Now, it’s so much more!  My dreams are just days away from becoming a reality.  All my hard work, dedication and determination are about to pay off, and you’re simply unable to stop me.  You put this all into motion with each successful title defense.  The longer you held the Heavyweight Title, the more I wanted…no, needed to be the one to end it all.  In a way, I could have ended it just two weeks ago at Into The Void.  I could have cost you the Heavyweight Title, but deep down, I couldn’t help Jordan Williams.

I knew I’d eventually get another shot at the title, but facing Jordan Williams would have simply been…too easy.  For me to really be the Heavyweight Champion, I have to know without a shadow of a doubt that I’m the best.  And what is the saying?

To be the best, you’ve gotta beat the best.

You, Nick Jones, are the best…right now.  You’ve held that title for five months now.  You’ve defeated everyone that was put in your way, myself included.  You are quite a challenge…the challenge I’ve needed since debuting in SCW.  You are the challenge that pushed me to my true potential.

So for that, I thank you.  Thank you for being the cocky son of a bitch that we all love to hate.  Thank you for making my stomach churn every time I hear your voice.  Thank you for making me want to gouge my eyes out of my head every time I see the Heavyweight Championship around your waist, or draped over your shoulder.

Thank you, Nick Jones, for being the sole reason I have turned into the Seven Deadly Sins all wrapped up in one monstrous package.  Because, come Sunday at Climax Control, they won’t be the seven Deadly Sins.  

They will be known as the seven Golden Sins…At least for me anyway.