Author Topic: Cats & Dogs  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Cats & Dogs
« on: February 24, 2023, 11:27:13 PM »
Off-Camera

Thursday, February 23, 2023
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
8:11 AM  PST

Training…

This had been what was basically going on with the Zdunich/Caldwell/Hilton household lately ever since several of those close to them, daughter-in-law Sofia Hilton, Sofia’s sister, Ravenna Reyes, Emily Williams, Emily’s girlfriend, Melissa Chavez, Melissa’s sister, the head veterinarian at the Zdunich Zoological Gardens, Michelle “Chavy” Chavez and the sister of Chavy’s boyfriend, Dawn Warren, all decided they either wanted further training or wanted to start the training in the first place.

Normally, this wouldn’t be a big production…

But nobody ever accused the Zdunich/Caldwell/Hilton household of being normal.

As usual, the reactions from Seleana Zdunch, Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell and Christina “Crystal” Hilton had all been varied and different. Seleana had seen it as something that needed to be taken care of, family to be helped as much as was possible. Diamond had seen it as a way to get in extra sparring sessions when required. Crystal had seen it as a competition to add to her list o f accolades and had immediately ordered two separate facilities to be set up for them.

One would be overseen by Seleana, the other by Crystal.

Thus, the Wildcat Wrestling Academy and the Rose Wrestling Academy were both born. Sofia Hilton and Michelle were being taught at the Rose school under Crystal and her son, Sofia’s husband, Brayden Hilton while Dawn and Melissa were at the Wildcat school with assistance coming from Brayden’s twin sister, Brittany Williams, and Brittany’s wife, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis. Of course, it being this early in the morning meant that the training part would be happening later.  For now, both Chavy and Seleana were at their day jobs at the Zdunich Zoological Gardens.

Seleana Zdunich: Chavy?

The aforementioned Dr. Chavez walks into the room.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: The monkeys got crazed again. King Louie started to lose it when some child started disobeying the signs again.

Before Seleana can even respond, Chavy shakes her head.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: ¡Pinche cabrón!

Selena’s hands instinctively raise.

Seleana Zdunich: Calmate... Calmate…

Chavy steps back, taken aback by her momentary loss of control.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: I’m sorry, I just…

Seleana stands up from her desk and quickie moves to take her friend into her arms.

Seleana Zdunich: It is alright, Chavy. Should we call Christina and put off…

Chavy starts shaking her head before Seleana can even finish the question.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: No, this needs to happen.  I need to let off some steam and we know how it’ll go if this gets canceled.

Seleana nods quickly, releasing her grip.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, ja we do.

She pauses and then looks at her friend quizzically.

Seleana Zdunich: You are not keen?

Chavy shakes her head quickly.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: No, no, I’m good. I’m ready and I kinda need to hit something so it’ll be fine. 

Seleana nods again, looking somewhat relieved now.

Seleana Zdunich: Alright, we will not call anyone then. Are the other animals crazed as well?

Chavy shakes her head.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: No they seem to know better than to anger the others, especially when Razorback is around to scold them.

A smile crosses the doctor’s face.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: That’s actually funny to watch when he starts talking about watching your ass around the pigs and how fast they can devour things. He just has a way of doing  it so that they don’t question him and it’s always amusing.

Just then, Halo comes walking into the room.

Halo: Hey, y’all. How’s it goin’?

She takes one look at Chavy and stops dead in her tracks.

Halo: Let me guess… monkeys?

Chavy nods.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: I’m hoping none of them get injured this time.

Halo: 50/50 shot?

Chavy shrugs.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Sometimes…

Halo shakes her head.

Halo: Stupid little bastards…

Chavy nods.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: I should go, Razorback and the new guy are supposed to report on the gorillas soon. 

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: They are cute.

Chavy chuckles as she turns to leave.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Yeah, they are. For now.

She takes her leave and Halo shakes her head.

Halo: Anything weird since this whole training thing started?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No, and I am not keen for that. I am worried about what will happen if Ravenna comes to us.

Halo frowns.

Halo: Why?

Seleana Zdunich: Brittany might see it as an extension of Sofia…

Halo pauses for a second and then nods slowly.

Halo: Yeah, I spose that could be a problem given how she’s currently handlin’ the whole football thing. Put a damn bounty on her own quarterback…

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, and then went after her in Zion as well. She is getting out of hand again, competing with her brother…

Halo: Just like Mama does…

Sighing heavily, Seleana nods in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja… like the sparring match between Dawn and Chavy…

Halo: Fuckin’ hell…

Seleana Zdunich: We can hope for the best since Dawn and I must be a team in Reno on Sunday.

Halo nods slightly.

Halo: We’ll have y’all ready, Mama Sel.  Don’t y’all worry about a thing.

Seleana nods gratefully.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack, HayJo.

On-Camera

Thursday, February 23, 2023
Driveway
Zdunich Residence
Los Angeles, California
10:04 PM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the driveway of the home she shares with her wives, Crystal and Diamond, a rather large light illuminating the area so that everyone can see the tall blonde Swede in her blue jeans

Seleana Zdunich: Kimberly Pain and Mercedes Vargas…

She crosses her arms, looking angrily into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I have faced both of you and I know what to expect from you. I know it will be nothing good where I am concerned because I know how both of you look at me. Mercedes has never been one to hide her feelings about me or anyone else and Kimberly has not either. 

She pauses and shrugs slightly, never breaking eye contact with the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Mercedes has simply had more time, a longer and more storied career…

She sets her right hand almost on the ground, allowing it to hover mere millimeters from the asphalt.

Seleana Zdunich: More time to compare me to the lowest of the low.

Raising her hand back up, Seleana straightens her posture back up to its taller and more rigid position from before.

Seleana Zdunich: You underestimate me every time, Mercedes, and I know Kimberly will as well given her reaction to her victory over me.

She rolls her eyes in exasperation.

Seleana Zdunich: This time I have help in my very own Pink Puppy, Dawn Warren.

A small smile crosses Seleana’s face.

Seleana Zdunich: Now, I will be the first to admit, cats and dogs do not usually get on well. They usually get on as well as Mercedes and I do.

Nodding, Seleana’s smile only grows.

Seleana Zdunich: But Dawn make this situation different.

She nods again as if to reinforce the point being made.

Seleana Zdunich: This puppy is not just an excited, energetic little thing.

Seleana snickers and shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: Nej, Dawn Warren is all of those things but she also knows what she is doing in that ring. She has paid attention the most of anyone when we train together and shows an ability to learn beyond what she already has.

She tries not to allow the smile to overwhelm everything else but she can’t help it when thoughts of Dawn come to her.

Seleana Zdunich: I am proud of her and I am proud to share the ring with her.

She nods, looking dead into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I am proud to stand alongside her and face you and I will be proud to share the ring when the four of us face off in just over two weeks’ time.

She points an accusing finger into the lens.

Seleana Zdunich: You two will want to pay attention and not underestimate her as you do me…

The finger wags slightly before the hand fades out of the shot.

Seleana Zdunich: She is a puppy… but she has teeth…

The smile returns in full force.

Seleana Zdunich: If you do, she will surprise everyone and you will wonder what has hit you.

She looks around, arms extended wide.

Seleana Zdunich: What just hit me, how did I let a puppy get me like that?

She smirks into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: On second thought, go ahead and underestimate her. We are keen to see what you are made of and if you will make that mistake.

Seleana allows herself a small chuckle.

Seleana Zdunich: Pandemonium, cats and dogs living together…

She nods slightly.

Seleana Zdunich: See you Sunday.