Author Topic: Thanksgiving  (Read 510 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Thanksgiving
« on: November 26, 2021, 08:34:50 PM »
Off-Camera

Thursday, November 25, 2021
Hilton/Zdunich Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
11:54 AM  PST

Brayden Hilton and his wife, Sofia Rojas-Hilton and their four-month-old daughter, tiny Isabella Valentina Hilton, were here alongside Freja Lindstrom and Lucy Osman so that Seleana Zdunich and little eleven-year-old Aurora would not be alone. Aurora had just celebrated a birthday on the fourteenth and that had been hard enough, though Alexandra Caldwell had made sure to call, as had Mary Hilton.

Aurora was happy to see everybody and had even asked after Freja older sister, Nadja, both because she lived locally and because Nadja dated someone that had been persona non grata for the last few months after what had happened in Mile High Wrestling where her girlfriend, family friend Stephanie Sullivan had joined in an attack on Seleana’s wife, Christina Zdunich, by Christina’s own daughter, Brittany Williams, and Brittany’s paternal aunt, Jenny Williams. Nadja had been left in the same strange place as Brittany's wife, fellow wrestler and SCU star Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis. Neither Nadja nor Halo had taken part in the attack. In fact, neither had even been informed by their significant others that it was going to happen before it happened. Both Nadja and Halo had been caught staring at their respective televisions as their family was torn apart from the inside, neither really knowing what to do about it as neither was even present in the building when it happened.  Halo had been at home in San Clemente getting ready for the next SCU show while Nadja had been here with her sister and Lucy staring in disbelief.

Nadja had been stunned

Halo had been angry beyond words!

Three days after was when Christina had chosen to set Seleana and Alexandra free, throwing her wedding ring down onto the kitchen table and leaving the house, seemingly not intending to return. It was only a few days later that Alexandra had followed suit, leaving her keys to the two residences that were being shared in nearly the same spot that Christina had dropped the ring.

Seleana had watched both of them walk out and stood there trying desperately to hold herself together and not just fall apart, especially in front of the child who would not question what had happened.

Now, nearly two months later, Seleana found herself surrounded by the family she had been fighting for. Even after everything, she had continued to call Brayden, Halo, Nadja and Mary as if nothing had happened. Alexandra had also kept her word and called weekly to maintain contact with Aurora and make sure the little girl understood none of this was her fault. Seleana had been glad of this, happy to see the name blink every time the call came in.

As she scans the room, Seleana nods to herself at the sight of Brayden, Sofia, Freja, Lucy, Aurora and the baby all together. She just shakes her head with a small smile, thinking to herself.

“It is a beautiful thing, even if there are still holes to be filled. I wish my Star and my Diamond were here…”

Off-Camera

Home of Katalina Star and Zoey Madigan-Star
Malibu, California
3:54 PM  PST

Christina had arrived just as she said she would and Zoey had nodded approvingly at her. Zoey was proud of all the work Christina had done in the past few weeks. Christina had finally managed to get brutally honest with herself and started going to counseling regarding what she had done with most of her life choices and especially what she had done in her marriages.

The word abuse had come up quickly.

Christina had done one one one therapy, gone to group sessions and whatever else she had been recommended to do to work out her issues. Zoey had even stopped Christina from getting on a plane and flying to New York City to meet up with somebody else. Now, Christina sits in Zoey’s home, sitting down to eat with her family and a smile comes to her face

Christina: Thank you for everything, Zo.

Zoey nods to her.

Zoey: I just nudged you a little. You did the hard work. You should be proud of yourself.

Christina nods slowly to herself. Was she proud? Normally the answer would not only be an affirmative one but an almost arrogant self-evidence that bordered on being a derisive sneer vocalized just to allow Christina to feel even more full of herself than she already was.

This time?

That was even questioning if she should take pride in something was a step for her and she knew it. She ponders this for a second and then nods back to Zoey.

Christina: I am, but I'm not because it should never have needed to happen…

She sighs heavily.

Christina: How did I let this happen? How did I get here and… fuck…

Zoey nods knowingly, as if she’d expected this kind of reaction from her friend. She walks over and pats Christina on the shoulder.

Zoey: It’s a process, Hon. You didn’t get here overnight and it’s not going to fix itself overnight either. You just have to keep being honest, with yourself and everyone else.

Christina reaches up and squeezes Zoey’s hand, nodding with moistening eyes as she does so. How was she going to fix things?  Were they even fixable?

Christina: I hope so…

Zoey nods and pats her again, turning to check on everyone else. Christina looks at the table and sighs again. Pulling out her phone, she stares at it for a second.

Quickly, before the will fails her again, she types out a text message.

“I miss you. I miss Aurora. I miss our family.”

She ends it off and then stares at the phone, just shaking her head. Was that a good idea?  Was that a stupid idea? Would there even be an answer? How far gone was everything already and how far gone was she? She sets her phone down and squeezes her hand into a fist.

Christina: What… did I just do?

As she stares at the table, the silence starts to crash in on her. What if Zoey was wrong? What if things didn’t work out? What if she had already burned that bridge and watched it falls into the water behind her and now all she could do was watch the ashes wash away never to return?

What if?

But what if Zoey was right? What if the bridge hadn’t fallen yet? What if there was still a chance to save her family? What if there wa a chance she hadn’t fucked this up completely?

Off-Camera

Hilton/Zdunich Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
3:50 PM  PST

Seleana stands in the kitchen while the rest of the family is in the next room watching football on television. A small smile crosses her face as she hears the sounds of her wife’s beloved Detroit Lions playing, just as things would be if all the holes were filled.

Seleana: Det är ett vackert ljud.Jag önskar Stjärna var här. Jag önskar Diamant var här.

She exhales heavily when she hears a car pull up to the house. She walks out to the door that leads into the garage. She steps out to see Alexandra Caldwell standing there.

Seleana: Diamant?

Alexandra looks over and stares longingly.

Alexandra: I… I wanted…

Seleana nods and motions at her to come closer. Alexandra walks over as quickly as she can, dropping her bag and stopping just short of her former girlfriend. The two women stare into each other’s eyes, neither able to find the words. Finally, Seleana grabs onto Alexandra in a tight and tender embrace.

Seleana: You...come back…

Alexandra clamps onto Seleana in return.

Alexandra: I told you… I wanted to come home…

Seleana: But Japan?

Alexandra: I’ll fly back before the show on Tuesday…

With tears in both of their eyes, Seleana kisses Alexandra,

Seleana: Välkommen hem, min Diamant!

The two women stand there crying tears of joy for what feels like years before they finally manage to separate. Alexandra picks up her bag and Seleana leads her inside, closing the door behind them. They walk back into the family room and little Aurora’s voice is the first heard.

Aurora: Mommy Alex!!!!!!

She runs over and clamps onto Alexandra as everyone else stands up, smiles all around. As Alexandra is welcomed back, Seleana’s phone erupts with the notification of a text message. She looks down to see Christina’s name on it. Swallowing hard, she clicks on it, fearing the worst is about to come to her. What could she want? Could this be when she finally says the big d word and confirms it’s really over? Why now? Why did it have to be just when everything was starting to look up?

“I miss you. I miss Aurora. I miss our family.”

Seleana stares at the words, her jaw trembling as she does so. Was there hope? Was it possible? There was already one hole filled in, could a second be ready as well?  Seleana turns around, turning her back to the happy return happening behind her and quickly punches back a response.

“Come home?”

She sends it off, knowing the likelihood of a response is not very good. Christina’s history with maintaining contact was not that great. That was usually Seleana’s job. Seleana was the one who called Christina’s mother, Mary, back home in Detroit. Seleana was the one who called Brittany and Halo and Brayden and Sofia. Seleana was the one who called everybody. Was there hope that Christina might finally do that herself?  Who even knew where she was right now? Seleana looks at her phone and sighs.

Seleana: Jag hoppas det…

She sets the phone back in her pocket and swallows hard, nodding to herself.

Off-Camera

Home of Katalina Star and Zoey Madigan-Star
Malibu, California
4:01 PM  PST

Christina sits at the table looking miserable. How stupid was she to hope that her wife still gave a damn about her? She had walked out on her, on their child, on their marriage, on their girlfriend and on their entire family! After everything else she had done over the years, would Seleana still be there or would she have run off into the wild, disappearing like a single tear falling in a hurricane?

Christina: You better hope…

She sighs aloud. Was there any hope? Everyone hated her! The world had been telling Seleana to run away from her since the day they got married and what had she done besides prove that world right at every turn? #FreeSeleana2021? She’d EARNED that one. Even people close to their family had started using it. A whole company they had both worked for had all but send it on a minute to minute basis. The Two Broke Chicks who lived in her own daughter-in-law’s house had made posters, flyers, t-shirts and God knows what else with it printed on them. 

Christina: What have I done?

Here she was, not even forty miles and about forty-five minutes by car from home and what was she doing but wishing she was getting drunk at a friend’s house?

Christina: I can do better…

She sighs heavily. This was a stupid thng to do. It was a stupid dream to cling to. It was a stupid text to send. It was a stupid hope to cling to. What was the likelihood of even getting an answer? Lately, Seleana had not been that receptive to anything she had said?

Tweets?

Ignored!

Efedder posts?

Ignored!

DMs?

Barely a one word answer.

Why would this be any different? 

Just as she thinks this, her phone ignites and comes to life. She looks down to her wife’s name staring back at her. Seleana had answered her. How bad was this going to be? Which language was it going to be in? English would almost certainly mean a brush off. Spanish would mean annoyance and be like verbal chancla. Swedish would be the closest thing to just saying, “Go fuck yourself” that could happen. As she stares at her phone, Zoey comes back and nods to the device in her hand.

Zoey: Who is it?

Christina can barely speak.

Christina: Seleana…

Zoey almost laughs.

Zoey: Don’t you think you should check it then?

Christina nods, pressing the button to look at the message. The words that meet her eyes almost make her scream right there.

“Come home?”

Christina starts shaking as she stares at them. Zoey frowns.

Zoey: What does it say?

Christina turns the phone so Zoey can read it. She does so and a smile breaks out across her face.

Zoey: You should get going then, yeah?

Christina looks up at her and doesn’t move, seemingly frozen on the spot. Zoey moves in and hugs her, helping her to her feet.

Zoey: You need to do this, Crys, go…

Christina manages a mod and then hugs Zoey back.

Christina: Thank you, Zo, for everything.

Zoey smiles as Christina hurries off.

Zoey: You’re welcome.

Off-Camera

Hilton/Zdunich Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
5:00 PM  PST

Seleana sits on the couch, the second football game coming on the television. With Alexandra having joined the group, now all she could do was think of what the answer would be from her wife when it came. Would she even still have a wife when the answer came in? She looks up and sees Aurora excitedly pointing at things with Alexandra and manages a small smile.

Seleana: Vacker…

Seeing her daughter this happy was something she could barely have even dreamt of yesterday. What would happen if the answer came back and was a resounding negative? How would she tell everyone here that Christina had dropped the final hammer? How would she tell everyone that the sword of Damocles had finally come down and hit her directly in the head as it had been threatening to for the better part of the last two months?

As her thoughts and emotions flood through her, the sound of a car pulling into the driveway catches her ears for the second time tonight. She turns, frowning in confusion. Who could this be? What did they want? Was this a process server with the dreaded papers? Was this a police officer coming to give her the news she had been waiting for? Was this somehow something even worse? A knock comes from the door and Seleana slowly stands up, dread building in her mind. She walks over to the door and grips the handle. Taking a deep breath to steele herself against the horrible news that was waiting on the other side, she pulls the door open. A sight she never expected, greets her eyes.

Christina.

Seleana and Christina stand there staring at each other. Neither one knowing what to say or even where to begin. Everyone else in the room turns to see what’s going on, the shock of the sight before them catching all of them off-guard. Silence falls over everything but the call of the football game on the television. Finally, Aurora jumps up.

Aurora: MOMMY!!!!!”

She runs to the doorway and clamps onto Christina, her grip almost like a bice and yet also the most wonderful thing Christina had felt in months. Before anyone else can say anything, Seleana bursts into tears and joins her daughter in hugging her wife. Christina’s tears start in earnest as well. Alexandra walks over and joins in the embrace as well.

Christina: I love you…

Alexandra: I love you…

Seleana: I love you…

Aurora pulls them all into the house, kicking the door closed behind them and Brayden, Sofia, Freja and Lucy join the family embrace as well, everyone crying at the sight and the feeling that the family was finally whole again. :