Author Topic: Failed Thirst Trap  (Read 725 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Failed Thirst Trap
« on: April 09, 2021, 11:56:42 PM »
Keep the Momentum Going

Coming off of Blaze of Glory was spectacular. Spectacular to come out of the win but also the satisfaction of shutting up one of your detractors. Though I’m sure he’ll spout off at the mouth about how he supposedly won. AND WHILE I HAVE BEEN HIT IN THE HEAD A FEW DOZEN...hundred times but I remember specifically beating that idiot.

You lost dude. GET THE NET! LIVE IN THE NOW!

So here it’s been a couple of weeks. Went back home and things got, how can you say “FUCKED UP BEYOND ALL REPAIR!” but in that whole PG-13 way that everyone prefers in this cancel culture clusterfuck we live in now?

I can’t seem to outrun my past so now I have to face it. Just as I’m making strides, it all comes around to fuck me up again. I guess that’s going to have to be something I need to take care of soon. But for now....

Back in Vegas
5AM

“Miiiiiiles. Your phone is going off again.” a female voice pops up from under the covers of the hotel bed. She shifts and shoves her companion to wake him.

Miles eyes open slightly and looks over at it, he knows who it is...he should have just chucked it into the river back in New York before he left. “Just ignore it. It’ll turn off eventually”

And sure as hell it stops but only after a few moments it starts buzzing away again. “OH MY GOD! MILES!”

He reaches over and chucks it against the wall. “HAPPY NOW?” is all he says.

The woman’s eyes gets big before she jumps up wrapping the sheet around herself and runs into the bathroom. Miles just sighs heavily and flops back staring at the ceiling before the hotel phone starts going off. He reaches over and pulls it out of the wall with force.

“That’s enough of that.” The woman comes out of the bathroom full dressed. He glances over at her but doesn’t say a word before storming out. “Well I guess I can delete her number when I get a new phone.”

He sits there in silence for a moment.

“This was supposed to get easier....right? I’d win a few, come back from this big victory and it was cake from there. But instead my life does this weird ass thing where I find real life fucking with me. It’s like a horrible STD that keeps popping up. I should be hyper focused on the future. I should be prepared and ready for my match against Lincoln Daniels to qualify for a shot at the Roulette. AND INSTEAD, I am ducking and dodging and I may lose to the guy that lost to BILL FUCKING BARTHART!”

“For fuck sake, what the hell do I gotta do to get out of this angsty Spiderman shit ass storyline??? I know I can beat this bastard and yet here I am, stuck in fucking reverse all over again. I know I can do it, I know but there just isn’t enough time. I’m failing at this...I bet I can’t even make it as a professional thirst trap.”

“Sorry to disappoint ya’ll.”

“Maybe next time.”