Author Topic: Challenge offered and accepted but will it be successful?  (Read 715 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Challenge offered and accepted but will it be successful?
« on: December 18, 2020, 10:44:25 PM »
Very late at night after Climax Control 287

The soft ding from a microwave can be heard.  Boots can be heard moving along the tile of the kitchen as Colton moves to open the oven and removes a bundle that he begins to bobble from the heat.  He turns and with an elbow, sends the door of the microwave closed then heads towards the stairs nearby.  Walking quickly up to the second level, he pushes his way into the bedroom where a figure can be seen prone on the bed, the pillows muffling the soft groans of pain.

“Almost there darlin’,” he calls as he kneels on the bed forcing a louder groan from Sam who is laid out on her stomach.  As gently as he can, he lays the warmed bundle on the lower back of a lightly covered Sam Marlowe who rises at the heat against the blanket.  A soft moan of relief escapes as she once more lays down.  “You know Sam, you really need to take care of yourself.  That pretzel hold you were in did a number on your back.”

“I wish I could Colton,” mutters Sam as she turns her head to face Colton.  “I have to get ready for this coming show because I finally got what I have been asking for.  I can’t let this little bit of pain stop me.” 

Colton lightly runs his hand on the back of Sam drawing a hiss of pain from the redhead.  Shaking his head, he leans over on an elbow as he watches Sam try to relax.  “Honestly you can’t tell me that you are going to be ready for next week,” he comments as his hand plays with the hair on Sam’s cheek.  She smiles up at Colton.  “That…person…really did a number on you.  Then Christian Underwood giving you that title shot this coming Sunday.  It is like he is looking to have you lose the match or something.  I saw who you are going to be facing and let me tell you Sam, you need to forfeit.”

Sam brings her arms under her body and arches up to shake her head.  Another soft hiss escapes her before she finds a comfortable spot to relax.  “Camo, let me tell you something and I want you to listen really carefully.  I know that Tempest bent me double the wrong way and it hurts like hellfire right now but that doesn’t mean that I am not going to be in the ring next Sunday when I get a chance to regain what I should never have lost.  I have done it before where I have been in no condition to be in the ring but when you are the Bombshell Roulette champion or challenger, you don’t worry about the pain, you worry about dealing it out to your opponent.  It’s like that quote in The Replacements…’pain heals, chicks dig scars...Glory…lasts forever.’  Trust me Colton, I know what I am doing.”

Colton hangs his head and brings a hand up to pinch at the bridge of his nose.  Sam can see him fighting with the logic she presented and smiles into the crook of her arm.  Turning back at the ‘mmhmm’ from Colton she sees him wagging his finger at her.  “Don’t think I didn’t see that Sammi!” he exclaims with a growl.  “I can’t believe you think you are going to be ready for Joanna Krieger next week.  That woman looks like some kind of machine you know.  And as much as you say you can handle it Sam I know that she is out to prove something in the bombshell division.”

“I get it Camo, really I do,” says Sam as she reaches behind her back and pulls the bundle from it.  “I know that Joanna is one tough wrestler but you know that I will be ready for the match.  I have a reputation of being a tough competitor myself when it comes to the Bombshell Roulette title.  Darlin’ before you came back into my life, I was known as the one to try and beat for the Bombshell Roulette title and that meant I would be in matches that would make you shudder then the next week have to be ready to be in the ring once again.  I hold almost all the records as Bombshell Roulette champion and there is one record I need to take back and that is the most title reigns as champion.”

“You put yourself in way too much danger Sam,” he admits as he leans back against the headboard where he is joined by Sam who rests her head against his shoulder.  He grimaces as he hears the soft whimper of pain then reaches for the warm bundle to nestle it once more against her lower back.  “I am behind you Sam but you gotta promise me that you aren’t going to do anything crazy next Sunday…”

Sam lays a finger over the lips of Colton stopping him mid comment.  “You can’t ask that of me darlin’,” she whispers.  “The whole concept of the Bombshell Roulette title match is the unpredictability of the match type.  I can’t promise it won’t be crazy but I will promise that I will take care of myself in that ring.”  Sam’s comment fades into a yawn as she cuddles closer to Colton.  Laying her head on his shoulder, she lets her eyes drift closed and her hand moves to his chest.

Across the room, a standing mirror shows the redhead on his shoulder.  Addressing the room, he sighs.  “You are a crazy woman Sammi but you know I will be watching and worrying about you when you go chargin’ in.  And I will be there to take care of you when it is all over.”

Sam Marlowe walks along a hallway, her body showing no effects from the attack from last week.  Dressed in a pair of cut off jeans and a Vixen tee, Sam is carrying a yoga mat and has a camera bag tossed over her shoulder.  The familiar hall of Sam’s house leading to the gym room has pictures leading towards the room.  In each, Sam appears in different matches with title belts etched across the corner of each match image.  The majority show Bombshell Roulette matches that has Sam glancing at each as she moves closer to the room.  Opening the door, she steps into the room to set down the yoga mat and the bag. 

“This is going to be interesting,” she says to the empty room as she unzips the bag and begins to pull a small video camera and tripod out of it.  Setting up the tripod, she then sets the camera on it before pressing play on it.  The camera films Sam as she sets up the yoga mat and pulls out a towel and bottle of water.  Moving to sit on the mat, she turns to face the camera and begins to speak.

“I thought that I might talk to you while I prepared to face you Joanna.  I mean I could stand around and just talk like it was no big deal to face you for the belt.  But if I did that then I wouldn’t be honest about this match because Joanna, this match is a big deal,” comments Sam as she reaches her hands upward to stretch out her back, a slight grimace of pain crossing her face.  “I know that when it comes to challenging you, I need to be ready for anything because you are that good at what you do.  I am taking this match as serious as a heartattack and I want you to know that I consider it an honor that you actually considered saying yes to my challenge.”

Sam adjusts her position and moves into another pose, this one twisting her body to force her back to stretch more.

“I know what you must be thinking,” offers Sam as she smiles almost to herself.  “Last week I was attacked by Tempest and she made me a human pretzel.  I was there and trust me when I tell you that it was quite painful.  And most people would be thinking that I shouldn’t be challenging for your title because I wouldn’t be one hundred percent in the ring.  That is a real threat and a ready-made excuse should I lose.  Sad part about that though is I am not coming to that match looking for excuses, I am coming to give you the fight of your career.”

Stretching once more, Sam gracefully makes her way to her feet and then rolls her shoulders as she begins to twist at the waist, her face not registering the pain she must be feeling as the camera can only film the soft smile that Sam offers it.

“I knew that I wanted to once more step into the Bombshell Roulette division because I saw the one person that I wanted to face…well after Myra Rivers that is.  But I think that you are going to offer me something that I don’t think I have had to face since I faced Myra.  Sure, you probably respect the fact that I am who I am.  And I definitely respect you considering what you have done in your short time in SCW.  And in all honesty, this match given that it is with someone that tough and that dangerous does have me a little worried,” offers Sam with a slight look of worry.  “I mean you know that I do have this bad back and all…”

Sam’s hand moves to her lower back, rubbing it slowly as she pauses and thinks.  “Bad back notwithstanding, you have to realize that I am not going to let that stand in the way on Sunday.  I don’t know how much history you know about me or if you talked to anyone about what I am capable of but when it comes to big matches, I always seem to rise to the occasion.  Take for instance, my first title win here in SCW…I was chosen by the Bombshell champion of the time, Mikah, to challenge for her Bombshell World title and I did the impossible…I beat her to take her title.”  Sam sighs at the memory.  “I rose to the occasion because at the time, no one had beaten Mikah so I got it into my head to win that match and I did.”

“Speaking of firsts, my first Bombshell Roulette title match was a triple threat against Jessie Salco and Chelsea Payne.  Jessie you know about but Chelsea isn’t as well known and do you know why that is?” questions Sam as she bows her head slightly.  “That night when I won the title I put her on the shelf and she hasn’t wrestled much since.”

“I am also sure that you have probably done your homework about me as well.  You must know that I hold some of the records with the Bombshell Roulette title,” Sam says as she once more begins to move into a yoga position that puts strain on her back.  “Some people seem to think that my name is synonymous with the Bombshell Roulette title and to prove that you are a deserving champion, you need to beat me.  Okay, I will admit I have done some great things with the title but I am not undefeatable.  Yeah, I have lost a time or two.”  Sam guffaws slowly with a giggle.  “And when I lose, one of two things happen…I go into a losing spiral for a bit, questioning myself and why I am here.  Or conversely, I become driven to win and set my sights on a goal.  This match coming up Sunday is the second one.”

Stopping her workout, Sam looks directly at the camera.  She crosses her arms and speaks out as if Joanna were in front of her.

“Joanna, I want you to know that I see you as the challenge I need at this time,” Sam says intently.  “You are someone that makes me want to prove everyone wrong.  You are someone that makes me want to show everyone of the Bombshells of SCW that I am unbreakable…even when I am not at one hundred percent.  And trust me, I will not be at one hundred percent on Sunday, I am going to be at one hundred and ten percent.  That is what you deserve from me and I aim to please when it comes to giving people a challenge.”

“You know I was the one that put it out there that I wanted the shot at the Bombshell Roulette championship and much respect to you, you were the only one that accepted it which says a lot about how confident of a champion you have to be to accept my challenge.  The question remains, is it because you are confident or is it because you need to prove to yourself that by beating the bombshell who represents what the Bombshell roulette title dominance could be, would cement yourself as a champion who will be dominant with the title by beating all comers,” offers Sam.  “Between you and me Joanna, this is definitely going to be a challenge not just for you but for me too.  It has been quite a while since I was a champion and the drive and desire to be champion again is starting to burn inside me.  Just as I am sure the desire to retain the Bombshell Roulette title must be burning inside you,” adds Sam as she slowly moves towards the camera.  Stopping, she leans towards the lens and smiles.  “I wonder which fire burns hotter?”

Sam reaches out to pick up the camera and looks directly at it.  “Joanna, kudos to you for accepting the challenge I put out there and thank you.  And good luck on Sunday in your attempt to retain the belt.  I may be cocky to say attempt but when it comes down to it, I am starting to feel really confident that I am going to be giving you a little bit more than you can handle in that ring and when it comes to the finish, it is going to be my arm that is raised with the belt held tightly in my hand.”

“See you in the ring Sunday Joanna.”

Sam pushes stop on the camera and then sets it aside.  Returning to the yoga mat, she begins to strike another pose to stretch out as she prepares for the Bombshell Roulette title match she will be competing in at Climax Control.

Advertisement:

Come join Sam Marlowe on her Christmas Zoom call for some virtual Christmas Caroling.  Details to come.