Author Topic: Apple Coren vs Alice...who?  (Read 745 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Apple Coren vs Alice...who?
« on: December 04, 2020, 11:52:48 PM »
A dark haired young woman paces back and forth between a chaise and a wingbacked chair that looks out the window of a rather drab room.  Sitting at the desk nearby, Ivy can be seen typing away at a laptop while she watches Apple pace.

Ivy:  Milady, you are going to make yourself tired if you keep your pacing up.  I have been talking to everyone at the consulate and I have been informed that the prime minister has put the country on lockdown so you won’t be allowed to go back to England.

Apple Coren turns to Ivy and tugging at her sleeve of the blouse she is wearing, she can be heard to huff softly.

Apple Coren:  So you are saying that I am stuck here in this god awful city with nothing to do?  This is a bloody boring life Ivy.  I need to do something!

Ivy looks at the screen of the laptop then smiles up at the young woman.

Ivy:  Well milady, you do have something to do if I am honest.  I have just checked on your email and you have been booked by Sin City Wrestling for this week’s Climax Control.  You are facing…

Ivy pauses to once more look at the screen then up at Apple.

Ivy:  Someone named Alice Knight. 

Apple stops and stares at Ivy who cringes slightly.  Apple moves forward and putting her hands on the desk in front of the laptop, she leans forward, her dark hair hanging along her cheeks.

Apple Coren:  What are you talking about Ivy?  I haven’t wrestled in SCW for bloody ages.  And now they have booked me to face some unknown person named Alice Knight?  I get it, you are joking aren’t you?  It is a rather bad joke Ivy.

Ivy looks sheepishly at the brunette who has straightened up and begun to pace once more.

Ivy:  I am not lying or joking ma’am.  You are contractually obligated to be at Climax Control this Sunday.   I suppose that you should give some kind of promotional speech about this match.  I could record it for you.

Apple sighs and nods.  She moves towards the door that opens off the room they are in.  Stopping before she disappears, she turns back to Ivy.

Apple Coren:  Research my opponent Ivy while I get into something a little more comfortable and on the level of this opponent of mine.  I will be back in moments.

With this comment, Apple disappears as the sound of nails tapping on the keyboard is heard from Ivy.  Twenty minutes later, Apple appears again dressed in a pair of tights in a royal blue with a poison green apple on the front of the left leg.  She has a matching royal blue halter with an apple that has the initials ‘AC’ on it.  Ivy sees her and then reaches for the camera she had prepared. Getting to her feet, she watches as Apple pulls her hair back into a high ponytail that hangs over her shoulder.  As Ivy points the camera at Apple, she begins to speak.

Apple Coren:  I have to say that I am rather gutted that I have been given a match at Climax Control this week.  I mean it is rather disrespectful that I am forced to sit back to watch as everyone else is booked and in the spotlight.  It is like I am an afterthought to the management of Sin City Wrestling.  But that is fine because I am sure that they really don’t know what to do with me so they let me sit back and lose interest in being a wrestler.

Apple Coren:  I mean really, if you expect your talent to remain capable, one would think you would actually use that talent but no, you would rather just leave me off the program until you need someone to work a match with some nobody or even worse, a neverwas.  Which is it this week hmmm?

Apple Coren:  I am facing someone called Alice Knight and my assistant tells me that she is a rather eclectic person…which to me says that she is rather like a bedlamite on a day pass.  Little bit crazy and a lot of no talent, help me I am soooo in need of something special.  And so they are making me face her…which I am sure they were thinking that she would just be someone that would make me roll over and let her have it easy in the ring.

Apple Coren:  Well Alice, let me lead you down the rabbit hole shall I?  This match you are in is against me, someone that you have never faced before and I am sure you don’t have any clue about.  And that is fine, just means that you have no clue about what I am capable of.  You see, I am sure you are like everyone else thinking that ‘Oh, I am facing a bombshell whose record is rather dismal.  Keep thinking that.  Because when it comes to wanting a win, I take it at any cost.

Apple Coren:  Now you could come to the match all hopped up on your return.  You have probably had Christian kissing your…well, talking you up for your return and to make it worth your while he put you against me.  Poor you Alice…he set you up for a loss on your very first match back.  I suppose though you think that I will be as easily defeated as the Jabbawocky however, I will not be beaten on Sunday. 

Apple Coren:  This is not going to be a wonderland for you Alice.  I am not the White Queen nor am I the Queen of Hearts.  I am actual royalty, her ladyship Apple Coren and on Sunday, you are going to realize just how much better I am than you. 

Apple Coren:   I will see you on Sunday Alice.  And with that, this is over Ivy. 

Ivy looks at Apple who has moved to the wingback chair and then relaxes into the plushness of it before the image blinks out.