Author Topic: Ch. 1: A new story unfolds.  (Read 743 times)

Offline Maddox Ayres

• View Profile
    • Shawn
Ch. 1: A new story unfolds.
« on: January 03, 2020, 11:57:28 PM »
 <div style="text-align: right;">MADDOX AYRES’ HOME | ORLANDO, FLORIDA | JANUARY 1ST, 2020</div>

“Honey, it’s time to wake up.”

Have you ever felt so unbothered when someone wakes you up? Like, it’s the best thing in the world to hear their voice near you introducing you to the new day. When I opened my eyes, Kaytlyn was right there with that glorious smile of hers right in front of me.

“Coffee is ready and I got breakfast being made now. Get your lazy butt up.”

“I thought I was making breakfast this morning?” I said this as I wiped the sleep off of my eyes and sat up in bed.

“You slept through your alarms... so I figured I’d let you rest since you have a busy few days ahead of you.”

I just stared at her for a few seconds. She does this all the time. I swear when I’m with her, I’m treated like a King. She’s always putting me first and won’t even let me put her first. That’s where her stubbornness comes in. It can be cute, but also annoying sometimes. This is one of those cute moments.

Kaytlyn’s head tilted slightly. “Why are you staring at me like that? Did I do something--”

Before she could even finish, I grabbed her and pulled her into me and kissed her right on the lips. “You know you didn’t do anything wrong. You’re perfect and I love you. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky.”

“We’ve been through this before. We’re both lucky to have one another. Especially after all of our past relationships.” She used finger quotes when she said relationships and then we both looked at each other with this disgusted expression. Seconds later, we both chuckle.

I roll the covers off of me and sit on the side of the bed for a second. Kaytlyn starts to walk back to the kitchen and all I can do is stare at her as she walks away. She’s got this bright blue thong on right now and I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t thought about shoving these cameras away and getting back in bed with her. After she turned the corner, I got out of bed and did one of those morning stretches that we have to do to function.

“Babe, breakfast is ready.”

That was quick, I thought to myself. The smell of bacon takes over the house and pulls me right out of the room and to the table. She already had me a cup of coffee with my plate ready for me. Hers was right next to mine and instead of digging in, she was waiting for me to come out. It really doesn’t get much better than this.

As I sit down at the table, I look right at her and say, “Thanks, honey. It smells delicious.”

“Are you ready to get back to work?”

I knew that question was coming, I just didn’t know when she was gonna drop it on me. Turns out breakfast and early in the morning is the perfect time to ask this type of question. I honestly wasn’t sure how to respond quite yet. I’ve been gone from wrestling for almost a year and it’s been a wonderful time. We’ve traveled and seen the world without having to train or have a show or anything. Just having us time. Now it’s back to making money to provide and doing something that I’m absolutely passionate about.

“I’ve enjoyed our time away from my work all this time. It actually feels weird going back to work. At the same time, I feel ready.”

“I know you’re going to do well. You always do. Just don’t lose your head out there and you’ll be fine.”

I smiled at her and then kissed her again. “You always know what to say. I’ll have to go by the gym here soon and get some training in, but I’ll be back to spend the rest of the day with you, love.”

“Don’t rush your training. You’ve been gone for a while, focus on that while you’re there and I’ll be here when you get back. Maybe I’ll even stop by to see how sexy you are in there.” She winked at me, then grabbed her empty plate and brought it to the sink. “Are you done with yours? I’m gonna get the dishes done before we go about our days.”

I brought my plate to the sink and she smacked my ass as I started to walk to the room. When I looked back at her and saw how nonchalantly she was just standing there, I knew that she was the one for me. “I’ll get you back for that.”

“I hope you do.”

There was a duffel bag already put together on a chair in our room with everything I need for the gym. I went ahead and got dressed, gave Kaytlyn a kiss again, then walked out the door.

<div style="text-align: right;">CENTRAL FLORIDA WRESTLING ACADEMY | ORLANDO, FLORIDA | JANUARY 1ST, 2020</div>

“Maddox! What’s up, man?”

He threw me off guard. My eyes were focused on the gym and didn’t even realize someone coming up to me after walking out of the gym.

“How’s it going?”

“It’s awesome now! I assume you’re here to train. I just turned the lights out, was the last one to leave.”

“Hope it was a good one. It’s time for me to get back in there now.”

“Yeah, for sure. Glad to see you’re back and at it. I’ll be watching Climax Control to see the return! Can’t wait to see what’s in store for ya.”

“I appreciate that a lot. Hopefully I can put on a show like I used to, if not better now.”

I shook hands with the man and then head to the gym. The lights were just turned off just like he said, so I flipped the switch and the lights came back on. Luckily, I was able to get some alone time to work on stuff on my own. I took a deep breath then got into the ring.

Some time passed as I got some training in. Sweat is pouring down my face, my shirt came off and my body looks like it’s glowing, honestly. Currently, I’m sitting on top of the corner turnbuckle with a water bottle in hand. I take a sip of the water and without putting the lid back on, I lean forward with my arms on my legs.

“It’s been a long time coming. I’ve been away from this business for just about a year now. Life’s been good away from wrestling, if I’m being honest with everyone. Kaytlyn and I have been enjoying our time together since we haven’t had to worry about traveling to specific places for work and not being able to do what we want. The holiday’s have been pretty busy, though. Both of our families are all over the place at this point. Anyways, it’s time to get back to what I’m so passionate about. I’ve missed being in the ring and I’ve missed seeing all the fans cheering me on each and every week. That alone is such a huge part of my life, I couldn’t even begin to explain how it makes me feel. I won’t dwell too much on the past, but when DIVISION closed, I knew it was time to step away for a bit. The past couple years have been rough with an injury and everything involved in the business. Things are a lot calmer now and I found a new home instead of going somewhere I already was and wasn’t getting anywhere. I have a few contacts within Sin City Wrestling who reached out to me when they heard I was interested in coming back and they brought me in. I was impressed with the management and the people within this company, so here I am. I decided this would be a great place to make my return and to get my career started back up again. I have a great feeling that this is going to be a great run and it’s time to get started.”

The water was calling to me again, so I took another sip. This time, the cap went back on the bottle and I pushed myself off of the top rope. Instead of holding onto the water bottle this whole time, I set it aside and then walked to the middle of the ring.

“Being back in the ring feels amazing. I’ve truly missed this… Lucky for me, I won’t have to wait much longer. On Sunday, I get to face another newcomer in Sin City Wrestling; Link Rexx. I honestly just want to wish the guy luck. I feel the best I’ve felt in a long time and after coming off such a long time away, I’m ready to make a statement. My fans want to see me shine, I want to see myself shine, and I definitely don’t want to disappoint anyone. A debut match is more than just an opening match for the night for people to not care too much about. It’s an opportunity for the competitors to showcase their talent and begin their journey wherever it may be. My journey restarts with Sin City Wrestling and against Link. I’m not looking into the future yet to see what’s in store - I want to focus on the present. I want to give everything in my power in this moment and build from that. To everyone who’s going to tune in to watch my return, to those who don’t know me yet and are about to find out, I can’t wait to show you the heart of a wrestler. All you see nowadays is money or ignorance in these people. For those who don’t know me, I’m Maddox Ayres. I’m going to keep this short and sweet so I can get back to training - lord knows I need it. Just know that come Sunday…

I will prevail.”

The word ‘prevail’ echoed and then I ran at the camera for it to suddenly go black.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:15:02 AM by Maddox Ayres »