Author Topic: Throwback Chapter One  (Read 387 times)

Offline Lincoln Daniels

• View Profile
Throwback Chapter One
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:05:11 PM »

\'user

<p align=right>April 2nd, 2019
Las Vegas, Nevada
SCW Headquarters
Off Camera/On Camera

It's a very warm afternoon as Daniela V. Rodgers is standing outside the corporate building for Sin City Wrestling. The sun was playing hide and seek behind a few clouds as Daniela swayed back and forth while thinking if this is a smart decision. She was wearing a normal shirt with ripped up jeans and converse on her feet. Her heart was racing as she pushes open the door and steps over the threshold. Daniela's eyes widen as she could hardly fathom where she was standing.

"I don't believe this," she whispers to herself as Daniela walks up to the reception desk.   She fiddles with her thumbs while trying to work up a nerve to talk to the receptionist.

"Welcome Daniela," the receptionist greets Daniela.

"Hi," she returns with a slight smile on her face. The receptionist picks up a phone and presses a few buttons. A few seconds later, the receptionist places the phone back down on its receiver.

"Mr. Ward will see you now. Third floor, second door on your left," the receptionist says as Daniela bows slightly while walking away from the desk towards the elevator. Daniela tries to figure out why she was being asked to come to the headquarters. Daniela boards the elevator and presses the third floor button. She steps back while listening to the music playing over the speakers. She bobs her head a little until the elevator dings.

Daniela steps off the elevator and tries to recall what the receptionist told her. She turns left and walks past the first door. She stops, looks at the name plate on the second door and gives it a quick knock.

"Come in," a voice booms as Daniela twists the knob as the door opens. She steps through as a chair turns towards the window slowly comes into view. Daniela doesn't know what is happening as she remains near the door.

"Is this some sort of prank?" She questions as the chair spins around. Her jaw flops open as the co-owner of Sin City Wrestling motions for her to take a seat in front of his desk.

"I assure you this isn't a prank Daniela," the man says as Daniela crosses across the floor and plops down in front of the desk. "Do you know who I am?" He asks as Daniela nods her head.

"You are Mark Ward," she answers as he smiles while leaning forward in his chair.

"That's a relief. I can't tell you how many young stars don't have any clue on who I am these days," Mark says as Daniela tries hold back her laughter. Mark notices it and chuckles himself.

"Maybe if you weren't such a recluse than people would know you," jokes Daniela. Mark chuckles more as he props his feet up on his desk while leaning back in his chair.

"I chose to stay off screen because it keeps me blood pressure down. Now, the real reason I wanted to meet with you is very simple. I know you are a member of the SCU roster but I'd like to offer you a nice contract to join the main roster," he offers as Daniela's eyes widen more. She didn't expect this as Daniela bites her lower lip.

"Oh gosh, I never dreamed that I'd have this kind of opportunity," she says.  

"You earned following the performance you provided us with in your Blast From The Past opening round match. Judging by your reaction, you are accepting the offer," Mark comments as Daniela nods her head.

No more words were spoken as Daniela and Mark shake hands. He gives her quick smile before she turned on her heels. She heads for the door. Before placing her hand on the door knob, Mark speaks up.

"Welcome to the roster," he says as Daniela turns the knob. She steps back out into the hallway.

<p align=right>April 7, 2019
Trenton, Florida
Rodgers Family Home
Off Camera/On Camera

A week following the meeting with Mark Ward, Daniela was lounging around her own home in gym shorts and a tank top. Her hair was all messy as she had been sleeping for a few hours. Her twin brother was on the road with SCU as she stayed home alone. She was flipping through channels on the television set when her doorbell rang.

"Who is it?" asks Daniela as she remains sitting on her couch.

"It's Brittany Baker," a voice calls out.

A smile forms across Daniela's lips as she sits up a bit. "Come on in Britt," shouts Daniela as she lowers the volume on the television. Brittany opens the door and slips over the threshold. Daniela rises up to her feet as Brittany rounds the corner. They immediately jump into each other's arms as Daniela is all smiles to see her best friend again. Brittany has been over seas working with the peace Corp. She was on leave and decided to come see Danni.

"It's so good to see you girl," says Brittany as she pulls back to look at Daniela.

"Rubbish, I look like a slob," she replies as Brittany chuckles. Daniela takes a quick look while shaking her head. "You look great. I bet Wyatt would love to see you again," Daniela adds as Brittany blushes. Wyatt and Brittany were a serious couple until she left for the peace Corp, Brittany decided to end it so they wouldn't have to deal with the long distance relationship drama that normally follows.

"It would be nice to see him again. I heard you and Brandon had a nice moment down at Hitchcock's," replies Brittany as Daniela blushes as well. Brittany knew Daniela still had a thing for him even though he cheated on her once before.

"It was nice to see him but I don't think I can trust him," comments Daniela. Brittany understood as she joins Daniela on the couch.

"So what have you been doing Dani?" she asks as Daniela smiles.

"I've been great. I'm competing in a wrestling company and I just recently earned myself a contract to compete on their main roster," answers Daniela as Brittany shows her excitement. Professional wrestling has always been the dream for Daniela ever since she was a kid. Brittany knew Daniela would be a great asset for them.

"That's so awesome. How about your brother?" asks Brittany.

"Vector is competing in their developmental brand where I began until I earned my spot. Now I get to travel the world and meet amazing people.

"I am so happy for you. When is your next match?" asks Brittany.

"I haven't been notified of my next match. So I'm hoping it's really soon. I can't wait to show that I truly deserve this opportunity," answers Daniela as Brittany continues to smile.

The two friends continue to chatter while reminiscing about the past and contemplating the future.

<p align=right>April 19, 2019
Manchester, England
Manchester Television Station Hallway
Off Camera/On Camera

It's nearly three in the afternoon as Cheryl Hastings is waiting outside the Manchester Television Station for Daniela V. Rodgers to arrive. Cheryl was holding a clipboard with a list of questions the television host is going to ask Daniela. As Cheryl is reading over the list, Daniela walks up wearing a brand new DVR t-shirt, ripped jeans and her converse. Cheryl lifts her head and smiles at her client.

"You look amazing Dani," Cheryl compliments as Daniela just shrugs it off.

"I really wish people would stop commenting on how I look. Now is there a reason you have me down here. I was going to go down to the local arcade and play some skee ball," Daniela says as Cheryl nods her head.

"I have an interview set up for you," replies Cheryl. Daniela takes a deep breath and looks at her manager. Cheryl knew speaking in public was tough on Daniela. Vector was the talker. Daniela just used her actions to speak. Cheryl assures Dani this is a good thing as they walk into the studio.

"I don't know about this," comments Daniela as Cheryl takes her client by the hand.

"It's going to be alright. I've scanned the list and I've marked off the questions that are off limits for them to ask," assures Cheryl.

"That doesn't mean anything. I know how these things are Cheryl. They can reword questions to make you think it's a different one when it's clearly not. I'd much rather be in a gym preparing for Amanda Cortez instead of being here," retorts Daniela as Cheryl just nods her head.

A few steps further, a man wearing a business like suit steps out of a room to greet them. "Welcome to Manchester," he states in his accent while extending his hand out. Cheryl immediately takes followed by Daniela. The man was shocked that these two ladies returned a hand shake. "I must say not many women would have done that," he says in a very polite manner.

"We aren't like most women," replies Cheryl. "I'm Cheryl Hastings, we spoke on the phone a few days ago," she adds as the man snaps his fingers.

"Aw, it's nice to finally put a face to the name. I'm Jordan Oslow, I run this studio," he returns as Daniela is looking at the different posters on the wall. She is amazed at the artwork that is also on display.

"That is my client Daniela V. Rodgers," Cheryl says as Jordan bows at the waist like a gentlemen. Daniela returns the bow in a show of respect. Jordan steps to the side and offers them to step inside the booth. They do as they take a seat on three rolling chairs.

"We should be done with our news update very soon," Jordan says as Cheryl just smiles.

"That's fine. We aren't in any rush. I would like this done before the meet and greet tomorrow. Daniela is scheduled to appear in order to meet the fans," she replies as Jordan nods his head. The news reporter pokes his head in as Jordan is grinning from ear to ear.

"Looks like we are ready for you my dear," Jordan says while looking at Daniela. Daniela gulps before standing up to her feet and following the news reporter out onto the soundstage.

<p align=right>April 19, 2019
Manchester, England
Manchester TV Station Soundstage
Off Camera/On Camera

The audio technician is helping Daniela put her microphone on as the reporter is off to the side going over the list of questions Cheryl has prepared. They continue to converse quietly as the audio man signals go time. The reporter nods while stepping onto the soundstage. He walks over toward Daniela.

"Everything is going to be fine," he whispers to her as the floor director starts counting down. Before he reaches one, he points at the reporter as the live sign lights up.

"Welcome back to Manchester Update, today we have a special guest with us. She comes to us from the States and is competing right down the road on Sunday. Please welcome, Daniela V. Rodgers," he introduces as the camera pulls out to a wide shot getting both of them in the shot.

"Thank you for having me," she says as the reporter is smiling at Daniela's composure thus far.

"Daniela, this Sunday, you will be competing in your first singles match on Climax Control. What kind emotions are running through you right now?" He asks as Daniela takes a minute to formulate a thought.

"I am incredibly nervous since this is my first match on the main roster as a solo competitor. I normally have my twin brother with me but he currently is busy working with SCU. I'm also excited that I get to live out my dream of wrestling with a major promotion like Sin City Wrestling. It's really remarkable that Mark Ward believes so much in me and I hope I don't disappoint him this Sunday night," answers Daniela as she takes a deep breath.

The reporter was surprised by the long winded answer as is Cheryl. The reporter takes a moment to gather his thoughts. "This Sunday also marks the night Amanda Cortez, your opponent, returns to the company. What is your reaction and thoughts heading into this match?" He questions as Daniela is smiling.

"I'm kind of excited to be facing a former SCW World Bombshell champion but after what I have heard. Amanda Cortez isn't what I call a role model for the young girls or boys. She is more into showing off her body then taking this business seriously. Apparently, a lot of the women on the roster don't like her. I have no opinion as I haven't had a conversation with her but from what she has said. It's clear she is stuck in some fantasy world with no realms of reality. I know I'm a little out there calling myself the Throwback princess but that's because I'm more for walking the walk instead of just talking," answers Daniela.

The reporter listens to the response before asking another question. "Earlier this week, Amanda called herself the SCW Goddess. What is your reaction to that bold statement?" He asks.

"It seems that everyone these days is calling themselves a queen or a goddess for some reason. I don't understand it myself. How can Amanda call herself that when she quit the first time around after losing the Bombshell world champion? She lost the belt and instead of picking herself up she tucked her tail and ran. That's not a goddess. That's someone who can't handle failure. Failure is apart of life. Look at me, I didn't come through in the Blast From The Past tournament but my performance was good enough to be considered a chance to compete on the main roster. Now I must show that it wasn't a worthless transition. Amanda Cortez may think she is this goddess but she's facing someone who can out wrestle her in every aspect. She's not fast and she doesn't have power. She is walking into this match banking on her past. I promise you that will the mistake I tend to capitalize on come Sunday," responds Daniela.

The reporter is getting word to wrap it up. He nods while turning his head toward Daniela. "Do you have any final words for your opponent?" He asks her.

"Yes, I do have a few things to say toward Amanda. I know you want a title opportunity but honey those aren't handed out like plastic surgeons hand out breasts. You have to earn them. You have to prove you are worthy of a championship match. The fact you are looking past me and taking me lightly will not help you in that regard. You will realize that I'm the one chick you can't bully. I'm the one chica you can't snap your fingers and hope to fall at your feet. I'm the woman who is going to make your return to SCW something you won't forget. Because when the smoke clears, the only one left standing will be me. So get ready Amanda because you will need to SET YOUR DVR," she says as the floor director yells cut.

The reporter shakes Daniela's hand as she returns to Cheryl's side. They embrace before walking back into the control booth. The scene slowly fades as the door closes behind them.