• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Nothing
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:52:32 PM »
 Off-Camera

Friday, November 23, 2018
Buffalo, New York

Weekends tended to be an almost bipolar event in the Zdunich household in Los Angeles. Sometimes they would be great things that tended to start with an LFL game on Friday for her wife’s team, the Detroit Rampage. Then there was usually a show in Hybrid Wrestling for Seleana’s sister, cousin, and sister-in-law-to-be could all be in action. The fact that the show could either be on Friday night or Saturday night made watching it interesting depending on which week it was. Sunday would bring the show and a match in Sin City Wrestling, possibly involving her wife and stepdaughter.  

This weekend, she finds herself in a Buffalo area hotel having already played the game today against the Buffalo Blizzard. She’d had a good game with a hundred yards and two receiving touchdowns and the team had won, 40-7. Now, she was checking on the show her sister, Zenna Zdunich was main eventing in Spokane for Hybrid in a fatal fourway that had championship implications for the winner. She checks and sees that her sister is not involved in the fall and then is attacked by the maniacal Sylvia Lopez.  

Seleana Zdunich:Den jävla…

She shakes her head, almost throwing her phone even as she sees Zenna get saved by the Hybrid Honor Champion, Zenna’s fiancée, Linnéa Lacroix.

Seleana Zdunich:För fan i helvete!

The unusual screaming draws the attention of Seleana’s wife, Christina, also known as Crystal Hilton. Christina walks into the room from the hallway and frowns as she sees Seleana squeezing her phone in impotent outrage.  

Christina Zdunich: Babe?

Seleana looks up and nods apologetically. She knew how this must have sounded since Christina spoke no Swedish and probably thought it sounded like angry gibberish.

Seleana Zdunich:Zenna was attacked tonight.

Her right hand balls into a fist and, without thinking, another burst comes flying out of her mouth.

Seleana Zdunich:Den jävla fitta!

Christina barely nods, looking simultaneously concerned, amused and annoyed by the enraged chittering coming from her wife’s mouth.

Christina Zdunich: English Babe!

Seleana swallows hard and shakes her head both sadly and angrily.

Seleana Zdunich:Sorry… I…

Seleana shakes her head again, setting her phone down and sighing heavily.

Seleana Zdunich:Why am I never there for the people I love when bad thing happen to them?

Christina frowns but Seleana just looks up at the wall.

Seleana Zdunich:Back in LAW, Brittany grabbed and I do nothing. Sin City, Brittany have arm hurt, I do nothing. You get attacked and hurt, I do nothing. Tonight, Zenna get attacked in Spokane, I do nothing. Not even see her until Monday, maybe.

Christina puts her hand on Seleana’s shoulder and nods reassuringly as Seleana looks at her feet in shame.  

Seleana Zdunich:You, Brittany, Zenna…

Christina nods slowly, obviously trying to think of what she should say to her wife as Seleana’s thoughts seemingly start to run wild inside her head.  

Seleana Zdunich:Eavan get hurt other place, I do nothing! She out for several weeks, I do nothing!

Seleana turns and looks up into Christina’s eyes.

Seleana Zdunich:People in Sin City target you through me, I do nothing. People run Sin City not know we married in June, show world they not pay attention to me at all and I do nothing!  

She turns away, as much in shame as in angry resentment.

Seleana Zdunich:I am sick of doing nothing!

She hangs her head down, her hands clasping together behind her neck as she sits back up, shaking her head to herself as Christina watches on.

Seleana Zdunich:I don’t even know what I am doing anymore.

She draws in a deep breath and sharply lets it out.

Seleana Zdunich:Last match here, I’m in the ring with whiny brat that is fucking the boss and the only reason I’m there is because she couldn’t have who she was really keen to fight. She barely mentioned me at all, the whole company demonstrated to me where I stand with them and still, I…

Her jaw clenches, her teeth grinding together as Seleana starts shaking.

Seleana Zdunich:Do…

Her eyes snap shut.

Seleana Zdunich:NOTHING!

Christina shakes her head.

Christina Zdunich: You did not do nothing…

Seleana nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich:I lost…

Christina shrugs.

Christina Zdunich: So?

Seleana looks back at her wife in shock.

Seleana Zdunich:You hate losing!

Christina nods as if this is the single most obvious thing anyone has ever uttered in the history mankind.

Christina Zdunich: Yeah… so? I’m me, you’re you…

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich:I am nothing…

Christina shrugs, looking matter-of-fact about things.  

Christina Zdunich: Then do something about it.

Seleana stands up and turns to face her wife.

Seleana Zdunich:Like what?

Christina shrugs yet again.

Christina Zdunich: Like pull your head out?  

Seleana cocks her head.

Seleana Zdunich:What?

Christina rolls her eyes.

Christina Zdunich: Ugh, you heard me…

She nods with annoyance on every one of her next few words.

Christina Zdunich: Pull…

Nod.

Christina Zdunich: Your…

Nod.

Christina Zdunich: Head…

Nod.

Christina Zdunich: Out!

Seleana’s jaw drops.

Seleana Zdunich:Is that why I’m not good enough for you?

Now it’s Christina’s turn to have her drop.

Christina Zdunich: Excuse me?

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich:You hear me!

Christina’s head almost falls over even as her hand stays up, her elbow pulled in tight as if she had just been about to blow on her nails.

Christina Zdunich: How do you figure that one?

Seleana shrugs as if the answer should be obvious.

Seleana Zdunich:Are we team?

Christina nods incredulously.

Christina Zdunich: Yes.

Seleana’s eyes almost bug out of her head.

Seleana Zdunich:Hollywood Angels team?

Christina almost laughs.

Christina Zdunich: Babe, Sin City has no Bombshells Tag Team Division, there are no…

Seleana cuts her off.

Seleana Zdunich:Other places!

Christina still seemingly can’t believe her ears.

Christina Zdunich: You only wrestle one other place and you team with somebody else there.

Seleana nods, pointing accusingly.

Seleana Zdunich:So do you!

Christina nods in return.

Christina Zdunich: Because you went without asking me first! How am I supposed to team with you there when you went with your sister?

Seleana is unbowed.

Seleana Zdunich:What about other places? You bring me to LAW, we team once…

Christina’s jaw falls open again.

Christina Zdunich: So it’s my fault they didn’t book us as a team?

Seleana nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich:You bring me to Sin City and we can’t be a team. What about Honor before the merge? What about WWA? What all other places you work? Why weren’t you keen to bring me to those places? I would bring up the team and you would tell me we would someday but someday never come!  

Christina just shakes her head in near dumbfounded shock.

Christina Zdunich: You didn’t need to be mixed up in those other places. You have enough trouble where we’ve been already!

Seleana swallows hard, her voice becoming small and almost childlike.

Seleana Zdunich:So I’m not good enough for you…

Christina marches up to Seleana and grabs her by the shoulders.

Christina Zdunich: Seleana Valentina Zdunich, you knock that off this instant! You have always been good enough for me! I married you, didn’t I?

Her hands drop from Seleana’s shoulders.

Christina Zdunich: I taught you! I trained you! There is no way possible you can’t be good enough for me! I am Crystal Fucking Hilton and it’s time you started acting like my wife!

Seleana stares at Christina for a second and then latches onto her, Christina hugging her back as the two women begin to kiss passionately.

Seleana Zdunich:I love you, Estrellita!  

Christina smirks and kisses Seleana again.

Christina Zdunich: I love you too, Babe.

Christina leads Seleana over to the bed and proceeds to prove it repeatedly for the rest of the night.

On-Camera

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing seemingly alone in the short hallway that leads to the doorway of her hotel room in Buffalo. Dressed in tight jeans and a Detroit Rampage t-shirt, she nods to her bare feet and finally looks up to the lens staring back at her.

Seleana Zdunich:We are nothing.

She shrugs, looking somewhere between apologetic and sadly matter-of-fact.

Seleana Zdunich:It’s the truth, Trinity. You and I are nothing here in Sin City Wrestling. We are the people that show up for the Bombshell Division matches and people have to think of ways to sell our matches to the public because we always have “a good showing” but we never quite…

She shrugs, more to herself than anyone else.

Seleana Zdunich:“Get there.”

She looks down to her feet and just shakes her head exasperatedly.

Seleana Zdunich:The sad truth is we are the people everyone else thinks of as the charity cases. The ones they keep on the roster because there is really no reason to get rid of us but there’s no reason to really give us anything either.

Looking back up, Seleana shrugs slowly.

Seleana Zdunich:We are not the chosen heroes to lead the way and we are not the hated villains they can sell the public on wanting to see die for their amusement either.

Looking off, she ticks off a list as if her hand is a notebook with bullet points on it.

Seleana Zdunich:We’re not their hero, we’re not their villain, we’re not in the mixed tag teams they seem to have fallen in love with here, we’re not either of us really the up-and-comer that people can’t wait to see what happens when they mature into their abilities.

Nodding matter-of-factly, Seleana looks dead into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich:I’m the Swedish trophy wife of a woman people call many things and most of them aren’t good no matter how many championships she wins or how many Halls of Fame she earns berths in and you…

Seleans shrugs sadly again.

Seleana Zdunich:You’re somebody who came here before, did not set the world on fire, left and came back seeking redemption that was not readily available.

Looking back to her feet, Seleana frowns.

Seleana Zdunich:We have both been given chances to shake these labels off and we have managed to become…

She nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich:Nothing.  

She nods a couple of times and then looks back into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich:But we have been given another chance, Trinity. We have been given this chance to prove the whole world wrong! We have been given this chance to show the world that the Dragon and the Cat are not just cheap marketing ploys thrown on us to hide the fact that we have less than desirable records. We have been given the opportunity to show Sin City Wrestling and everyone else that they are wrong about us!

She nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich:We are NOT nothing!

She stares coldly into the camera as the shot tightens on her slightly.

Seleana Zdunich:You are not nothing. I am not nothing and we both deserve better than to be the afterthoughts thrown together while everyone else pays attention to the two championships and their two contenders.  

She nods pointedly again.

Seleana Zdunich:This is our opportunity to prove to Mark Ward, to Christian Underwood, to anyone else paying attention, that the Bombshells deserve better than to have two slots and then whatever else they can force us to take as charity cases alongside then men in the mixed tag team stuff. This…

She nods as she pointed hard to the ground.

Seleana Zdunich:This is our opportunity to steal the show and prove to everyone that WE!!!

She nods, pointing to herself.

Seleana Zdunich:We can do better and we will do better!

The camera zooms in to frame her face.

Seleana Zdunich:I’m tired of being nothing, Trinity, and I am going to prove I’m the opposite even if I have to drag you along with me kicking and screaming. I’ll see you in Las Vegas, Dragon, where we set the world on fire!