Author Topic: The Bigger they are...  (Read 287 times)

Offline Griffin Hawkins

• View Profile
    • Griffin Hawkins
The Bigger they are...
« on: July 28, 2017, 10:36:48 PM »
 OOC Note - Shorter than I expected...my bad. I kinda got confused about the deadline, not knowing it was tonight. Nonetheless I still put something together...enjoy!

-Flashback-

Growing up...I wasn't exactly the top of my class....to be quite honest I was at the bottom of the totem pole.  I usually felt the wrath of the upper crust of high school, mamely the Jocks. Cliff Johnson...head QB..he was God around this place. I was usually the brunt of all his wrath...being shoved into my locker, being tossed into the school dumpster, and just about everything you can think of.

It was time to fight back.

The only one of the jocks who could actually stand me was Harry McKenzie, one of the best kickers on the team. He didn't fall into peer pressure like the others, he was his own man. One day in the hallway, he came up to me.

Harry McKenzie: Yo Griff, word is Cliff is after you..

Griffin Hawkins: Like that's anything new..

Harry McKenzie: I think its serious this time man...he wants to kick your ass.

Griffin Hawkins: ...Why?

Harry McKenzie: He doesn't think you and me should be around each other.

Griffin Hawkins: Damn man..you're not his girlfriend...you're your own man.

Harry McKenzie: I know that bro, but he seems dead set on teaching you a lesson...

Griffin Hawkins: Now my day's complete. Have you at least tried talking to him?

Harry McKenzie: I have been all day...I'll keep trying.

Griffin Hawkins: Thanks man...I appreciate it.

He nods and goes on his way. Thankfully, School was over after a few hours and I managed to avoid him. I headed for my car, trying to get the keys out of my pocket until I felt a rough shove.

Griffin Hawkins: What the hell!?

I turn and see Cliff, the big hulking jock cracking his knuckles.

Griffin Hawkins: What do you want?...

Cliff Johnson: It's time someone taught you your place.

Griffin Hawkins: Look man, I don't want any trouble...

Cliff Johnson: Too bad...

And with that, he punched me right in the stomach. Angrily I responded in kind.

Griffin Hawkins: ...You're gonna pay for that one asshole...

I threw the hardest punch I could, but it didn't even knock him down. I did manage to cut his lip. He then punched me straight back, knocking me into my car. I knew he was too big for me to take on, but I ran in trying to fight him off, every time I tried punching him, it felt it had no effect on him. I was worn out, bleeding from my mouth until Harry saw the whole thing and ran in.

Harry McKenzie: Hey! That's enough man!

Cliff Johnson:  I can't believe you're actually defending this loser.

Harry McKenzie: Just get outta here!

Cliff Johnson: Fine..whatever.

He walks away from the scene as Harry helps me up.

Cliff Johnson: You okay man?...

Griffin Hawkins: I've been better...

He helped me to the nurse's office so I could get looked at. I was used to this feeling..trying to fight someone bigger than me. Usually I'm not the smartest guy in the room...but I refuse to be anyone's victim. On this day I took a beating from someone bigger than me...but it definitely wasn't the last.

------------------------------------------------

Cameras open up to my locker room.  I sit against one of the lockers in my street clothes, blue ripped jeans and a Ramones T-Shirt. I crack my knuckles, looking up at the camera.

"New company...new blood. I believe I've grown used to this feeling. It always feels like it's the first day of School and I don't know much of anyone yet. The difference between my youth where I was ostracized from social groups...people have welcomed me into Sin City Wrestling with open arms. The crowd out there gave me the biggest response of the night...they know who I am...and they know what I am here to accomplish. My ultimate goal in this organization is to become the Sin City Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion. And for that to happen, I plan on starting from the bottom...and working my way to the top. Anyone who knows me knows that I am the best at what I do, and it doesn't matter who it is against...I will prove myself and carve my name among the elite here in SCW. And it all starts with one man....Damian Payne."

This was my big debut match...all eyes would be on me.

"Damian Payne....so glad to meet you. Name's Griffin Hawkins. You probably heard about me in some circles. And if so...you should believe what everyone says about me. I am everything they say I am. I live up to the hype. A lot boast about being "The Best In The World" and a lot of times they're all talking out of their ass. Me, I don't have to say it, I go out there every night of the week and I prove it. I've been in the ring with them all, and win or lose, I prove why I am one of the best in the industry. And so....you have the unfortunate luck of being my first opponent in my road to the top of the SCW Ladder. Sadistic Insanity?....that's cute. I've seen a lot of people call themselves sick...sadistic and and just plain brutal. But at the end of the night it's always them who are left lying down looking at the lights...and it's always me with my hands raised in victory. So you want to prove you're that damn sadistic? I say bring it all. Because it's gonna take more than being crazy and heartless to put me down. The only way you're gonna beat me..is if you kill me."

I put on a look of determination on my face as I look to the camera.

"Truth being Damian....I don't sweat you. I don't fear you...and I'm not intimidated by you in the slightest bit. You wanna know why? Because I've been in the ring with guys just as big as you...sometimes even bigger. They sing the same tune...how they are big bad and how they're gonna smash me. Well I got news for you pal...this is how I make my living. It doesn't matter what locker room I'm in...I find the biggest and baddest dude around and I knock them on their ass. You are no different than any of them Payne. And I don't care how big you are, how bad you are..or how much you're gonna throw me around the ring. This Sunday I am looking to make an example out of you. I'm gonna prove the old saying that holds true even to this day...the bigger they are, the harder they fall. And Once I hit you with the Superkick, you're gonna go down hard at my feet..and by the time you wake up, you'll be wondering what the hell just happened. Once the EMT's revive you they'll tell you straight that you just got beat by The Rock Soldier."

Honestly...I didn't know who this guy was. But I couldn't let him beat me.

"I'm used to dealing with people bigger than me. Many men looked down at me, thinking they would have such an easy time with me...thinking they'll use their brute strength to pound me into the dirt. But the truth is, they don't find out about me until the match begins. They find out the hard way that despite my size...I am pretty skilled in Martial Arts. Muay Thai Kickboxing....Brazilian Jiu Jitsu...and not to mention being trained by the best wrestlers in this industry. They all find out the hard way that they can't keep up with me. So why am I sharing this info with you Payne? Because I decided to be generous and let you know that I am somebody you're not gonna be able to bowl over so easily. I'm not some low level jabroni  that you're probably used to destroying in the ring. I'm a 14 year veteran who has won titles all over the world and competed with the best in the industry. So as big as you may be Payne...it's only gonna get you far in this match. The biggest isn't gonna win this match....the smartest is gonna win this match...and those smarts probably said bye bye to you a long time ago.."

I give a small chuckle after I finish.

"But I don't want you to think for one second that I am overlooking you. There is a fine line between cockiness...and confidence. I looked up your bio and you seem to have quite the track record...you've been in a few companies...won a few titles....you've become quite the journeyman. But something tells me that you never been in the ring with someone quite like me before have you? Sure...you're likely good at beating down low level scrubs my sister could probably beat to a pulp...but you never been in the ring with a straight up bona fide main event player have you? I'm sure you'll say...oh..it doesn't matter who you faced before, this is a whole different company. And you're right...this is a new company. This is also a chance for me to prove myself among the greats of SCW. You will be the first of many to see what Griffin Hawkins is all about. So I suggest forget about everything you've done before. For the first time you will be in the ring with somebody who's more your speed..and not some jobber who's all talk."

I slowly rise up.

"This Sunday...all eyes will be on me when I make my debut against Damian Payne. While this company crowns a new Champion....a new star will be on the rise that same night. Damian Payne...it all begins with you. The city of sin...is about to get rocked."

I smile before walking off as the camera crew wraps things up.

user posted image

Accomplishments
Internet Champion(Final)
2017 Future Star Of The Year
Roulette Champion(x2)