Author Topic: “Champion vs. Champion.”  (Read 289 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Champion vs. Champion.”
« on: March 01, 2017, 08:38:43 PM »
 It took her just under three years but Jessie finally won the Bombshell Roulette Championship for the second time beating Amy Marshall in the second match of their best of three series in a Steel Cage Match, this meant that Jessie was going into Blaze of Glory VI as a champion for the first time in her SCW career and considering that Jessie has yet to be defeated at Blaze of Glory that gave her an extra edge going into the biggest show of the SCW calendar.

But before that SCW was hosting the Go Home Show for Blaze of Glory VI and it was shaping up to be a great show but among the matches was Jessie’s second match against Polly Playtime in a Champion vs. Champion encounter that would serve as a warm-up for their respective title matches at Blaze of Glory VI, the third and final match in Jessie’s best of three series against Amy Marshall and Polly’s match against whoever won the Number One Contender Tournament for the Bombshell Internet Championship but can Jessie keep the streak going?

Bender’s Bar and Grill, San Francisco, California
Monday the 1st of March 2017, 18:00pm

It’s been a long time coming but it’s finally happened.

Yeah, encase you missed last week’s Climax Control sorry for the late spoiler but I am the new SCW Bombshell Roulette Champion having beat Amy Marshall for the title in a Steel Cage Match, could I have won the match by escaping the cage? Yeah, obviously but I was about to win the Roulette Title for the first time since 2013 and I wanted to make my win memorable hence why I hit a Shooting Star Press off the top of the cage.

Only downside? I was sore as hell for a couple of days afterwards!

But more importantly me and Amy are going into Blaze of Glory VI with an even playing field, Amy won the first match and I won the second but there’s still one last Climax Control to go before we head into Blaze of Glory and it’s being held in the birthplace of Thrash Metal, San Francisco so yeah, I’ve been hitting the local metal scene as hard as I can but that doesn’t mean that I’m not focused on my upcoming rematch with Polly Playtime.

Oh, how things can change in just a few months.

When I last faced Polly, it was right before the New Year and she was in the middle of a feud with Amy because, in her own words, Amy tried to end her career with a Piledriver, Amy’s denied those claims off course and I lost that match whilst Amy would go on to lose the Hell in a Cell match between her and Polly but now? I’m the one feuding with Amy and Polly has since claimed the Bombshell Internet Championship from the other Metal and Punk Connection teammate Kate Steele, I’ll give credit where it’s due, Polly’s had an iron grip on the title since she won it but whilst I can’t predict whether she’ll lose the Internet Title at Blaze of Glory I can at least send her into the event with a loss.

“You know, for a Bar and Grill I was expecting a bigger menu.” Shane commented as we waited for our food, the menu was small and since we had come here for dinner we were a bit disappointed at the selection so we decided to get a fried chicken bucket each, at least the place has a good selection of metal songs. “I hope the fried chicken’s good.”

“Well, look at it this way, if they send us a bucket of raw fried chicken each we can ask for a refund and just go to the place across the street for a meal.” Jake responded and Shane shook his head in response. “Then again I don’t know how you’d manage to fuck up a bucket of fried chicken that badly.”

“That would take a level of incompetence only seen in Hell’s Kitchen chefs who are eliminated after the first service.” I pointed out and the boys laughed in response before I took a sip from my drink. “Anyway, Bloodstock’s announcing more bands on Friday, any bands you’d want to see get announced.”

“The list stretches across San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge, makes a stop at Alcatraz and ends back here.” Shane responded with a shrug as he took another sip. “Come to think of it, we should visit Alcatraz before the week’s over.”

“Are you saying that because that was where Testament shot their music video for “Over the Wall” or are you saying that because I won this title in a Steel Cage Match.” I commented as I held up my newly won SCW Bombshell Roulette Championship before placing it back on the bench. “Still can’t believe that I managed to beat Amy.”

“Yeah well, Blaze of Glory tends to be the event where you have the most success, you won your first Roulette Title at the event, won the Bombshell Internet Championship from Mercedes Vargas last year and in general you are undefeated at the event.” Jake pointed out and I grinned thinking back to my short-lived Bombshell Internet Championship reign, sure, it only lasted until the following month’s Into the Void but it was that title win that set me on my current path, didn’t think I’d be fighting the Bombshell Roulette Championship this time last year but that’s beside the point. “Speaking of the Bombshell Internet Championship, this week you’ve got the current champion.”

“Yeah, Polly Playtime.” I responded with a nod as my mood turned sour, I knew Polly well from my previous match with her and the fact that she was feuding with Amy at the time, she didn’t exactly leave a good first impression on me. “I’ll give her credit for fending off challengers left and right but this is a glorified warm-up match for both of us, Polly for whoever wins the Bombshell Internet Championship tournament, my money’s on Raynin, and me for the final match in the Best of Three series against Amy.”

“Speaking of which, have you decided on your Star Wars references for your promos for the final match?” Shane asked and I shook my head in response.

“Not really, the first one came naturally because I was still pissed at Christian for putting us in a Best of Three series, the second one was born because it seemed like Veronica was going to interfere.” I responded before taking a sip of my drink, “And then there’s the third Star Wars Prequel, Revenge of the Sith, I already have the name for the Episode IV reference picked out but a name like that doesn’t give me a lot to work with.”

“Why not “Revenge of the Former Champ.”?” Jake suggested and I gave him a funny look. “It needs work, I’ll admit that.”

“If it’s anything like the second match of the Best of Three I’ll base my title on something that happens at Climax Control, if I get desperate I’ll use your title.” I responded before a waitress came over with three buckets of fried chicken in hand, since there was basically no point in asking whose bucket was who’s we just grabbed the buckets and started eating, thankfully there wasn’t a raw chicken in any of the buckets and the food tasted good, once we were finished I leaned back and glanced at the title. “Glad I didn’t eat that on the same day as Climax Control.”

“Yeah, I wouldn’t want to compete against a fellow champion on a full stomach, though for tomorrow I will try to find somewhere with a bit more variety.” Shane responded with a grin as he called the waitress over. “Speaking of which, you have a promo to do don’t you? Bill’s already paid for so we’ll wait for you to come back before we leave.”

“Yeah, I’ll send you a text when I’m done.” I responded before standing up slowly and picking up my Roulette Championship before leaving the bar, I glanced around before spotting our rent-a-car and figured that that would be the best place to do the promo since we were about to leave anyway, and speaking of the promo……...

“Last year when I won the Bombshell Internet Championship at Blaze of Glory V it had been three years to the event when I had won my first single’s title in SCW.” I commented before hoisting the Bombshell Roulette Title over my shoulder. “How appropriate is it that almost four years later I win back the title that started my reputation as a single’s champion? Last week I beat Amy in the second match of our best of three series tying our series at one a piece in the process but before I can focus on the finale at Blaze of Glory VI I find myself facing the current Bombshell Internet Champion in a non-title Champion vs. Champion match.”

The only way this could be more appropriate is if Mercedes had been able to win the title from her.

“You weren’t around back then Polly but this time last year I was getting ready to challenge Mercedes Vargas for the title that you currently have in your possession so I can’t help but think that the bosses had that fact in mind when they booked this match between us, it would’ve been kinder for them to just give you the week off instead and here’s why!”

She’s not going to like what I have to say, that’s all I’m saying.

“I watched the last Champion vs. Champion match you took part in, the one against Melody, and you couldn’t beat her despite hitting her with the title before the bell could ring, what does that say about you? When your defending the title your pretty much unbeatable because since you took the title from my teammate Kate Steele you’ve fended off all comers including Mercedes Vargas who tried to cash in on you, moments after you won the title, when you’re not defending the title though?”

The answer is simple.

“You tend to choke and the match against Melody proved that and this match will just reinforce that theory! I’d almost call you an honorary Mean Girl based on your track record but you don’t exactly get along with them! Polly, if you think that my theory’s hogwash and that you’ll beat me in this match, well your free to think what you want, it’s a free country, at least for now since we have a racist Oompa-Lumpa in charge, but I’m just presenting the facts here and the facts point to one thing, you’re not going into Blaze of Glory with a win over the Roulette Champ!”

And that doesn’t bode well for your title match.

“We’re both defending our titles at Blaze of Glory, that much is obvious, but at least I know who I’m defending this title against, you? It’ll either be Raynin or Mikah and frankly? My money’s on Raynin, both for beating Mikah and taking the Bombshell Internet Championship from you and when I beat you in this match it’ll all but guaranteed to happen because you’ll be entering the biggest show off the SCW calendar with a loss behind you, me on the other hand? I’ll be going into my last match with Amy with two wins in a row behind me!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up but not before texting Shane to let him know that I was almost done.

“Polly, I’ll give you credit for not only being a fighting champion but for holding onto the Bombshell Internet Championship for so long but that’s where my praise ends, you may have better luck with holding titles than me but I’ve been wrestling for eight years now, you? You’ve been wrestling for a year and you’ve gotten lucky with titles, this Sunday is when your luck runs out and your inexperience will ensure that fact! This is the “Heavy Metal Angel” Jessie Salco signing off, Polly, I’ll see you in the ring, Amy, I look forward to tearing the house down with you one last time!”

I saw the boys leaving the bar and got in the car as the scene fades.