Author Topic: “Not so odd couple!”  (Read 291 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“Not so odd couple!”
« on: August 24, 2018, 10:38:45 PM »
 Caleb’s attempt to win the Honor Wrestling Championship on Wednesday  night ended in failure as he was pinned by Mickey, however this week on Climax Control he had a chance to bounce back from that failed title shot with another title shot as this Sunday on Climax Control he was challenging for the Mixed Tag Team Titles as he took on Mercedes Vargas and Kain, the Grand Slam Team, his partner? None other than the woman he teamed up with during the Blast from the Past Tournament Sam Marlowe (even though the preview for the match stated that it was their first-time teaming together), Sam and Caleb have their share of success as Caleb was the one who secured their spot in the second round, but will history repeat itself?

Local gym, Irvine, California
Friday the 24th of August 2018, 11:00am

I thought I had done enough training for the World Title Match on Wednesday Night but, well, if you watched Showdown then you know that that’s not the case, so I’ve been training extra hard for the Mixed Tag Team Title Match this weekend.

And yeah, I’ve seen the tweets from Ben Jordan since the match was announced and frankly, I’m not going to humor that idiot any more, he wants his first title defense to be against Tommy Crimson? Its his funeral and when he loses the Roulette Title to Tommy I’ll be grinning like a Cheshire Cat knowing just how badly that his quest to face “better wrestlers” backfired on him, and as for his comments saying that I’m dead weight, well from what I saw he was hardly a help to Tommy in that tag team match a few weeks back so am I the only one seeing Ben as a hypocrite here?

Off course I am, because according to Ben no one else is allowed to complain about being overlooked.

But back to the Mixed Tag and I’m teaming with his friend Sam Marlowe to challenge Mercedes Vargas and Kain for the Mixed Tag Team Titles this week on Climax Control and I’ll be glad to ensure that Kain and Mercedes’s tag team title reign lasts just as long as my Roulette Title reign that pretty much kicked off this whole saga.

Then again if Jon had been a real man and cashed in the briefcase at the beginning of the Ladder Match then we wouldn’t be having this conversation!

“Caleb, don’t you think your overdoing it a bit?” Katie asked as she watched me do the weights machine with some concern in her voice. “I know the title match at Honor Wrestling didn’t go your way but at the rate your going you’ll have to drop out of the tag team match on Sunday because you through your back out whilst training for the match!”

“No pain, no gain Katie, besides I hadn’t trained enough for the Honor Wrestling Title Mach on Wednesday and you saw the end result.” I responded as I finished on the weights and sat up on the bench. “I’m not making the same mistake with the mixed tag title match on Sunday.”

“Are you sure this is about making up for past mistakes and not trying to shut Ben up.” Katie responded as she folded her arms and I shook my head. “I know you saw those tweets.”

“If I was interested in humoring that idiot I would’ve replied, truth is Ben’s getting the better wrestlers he asked for and he can’t handle the competition.” I responded with a frown as I swung my legs over to look directly at Katie. “And when I win the Mixed Tag Team Titles on Sunday with Sam he’ll be eating his own words like a fat kid eats donuts, and if I can my tag title reign last longer than his Roulette Title reign then it’ll be all the better.”

“I swear if I didn’t know any better I’d say that you were a jealous ex-boyfriend of Ben’s.” Katie responded as she shook her head and I scoffed.

“Oh please, if anyone would be the jealous ex-boyfriend in that scenario, it’s Ben!” I snarked getting a laugh out of Katie in the process. “As for Mercedes and Kain, they were the ones who finally ended London Underground’s reign of terror over the tag title scene but if me and Sam have anything to say about it than their reign won’t be nearly as long as London Underground’s reigns with the Men’s, Bombshell and Mixed Tag Team Titles combined.”

“Too be fair I think you’d need a two-year long title reign to match those numbers, so you might be right, win or lose.” Katie responded after she did the math in her head and I nodded in response. “I’m sure Mercedes will correct me on that, being SCW’s resident historian and all, but I’m pretty sure that my math’s spot on there!”

“Never mind the fact that math was never your strong suit in school.” I teased her, and Katie rolled her eyes in response.

“Your hardly one to talk about math.” Katie responded as she rolled her eyes. “Anyway, I’m off to use the treadmill, if you want to do your promo go ahead.” Katie added before walking off towards the treadmill, once she was gone and out of earshot I got ready to do my promo.

“Well, Fenris was right about one half of his prediction as I am not the new Honor Wrestling Champion, that said he should not think that he’s a good betting man because that first bet was a fluke, why? Because I’m still ending the week as a champion, in this case one half of the Mixed Tag Team Champions as I team with Sam Marlowe to challenge Mercedes Vargas and Kain for the Mixed Tag Team Titles in their first, and last, defense as Sam will hopefully be able to put my issues with Ben behind her in the lead up to the match!”

I doubt it though as I’m starting with Kain.

“So, the last time I heard anything about Kain was that he was possibly retiring, well I think it couldn’t be clearer that that rumor ended up being false because otherwise? Mercedes would have a different partner, I am familiar with your work in SCW Kain and it looked like you didn’t have any ring rust when you returned at Summer XXXTreme two weeks ago I bet they’ll some ring rust rearing its ugly head  once the bell rings and once you display any weakness Kain, I’ll pounce right on it!”

Next up is Mercedes.

“And here we see Mercedes trying her best to add one last title reign to her resumé’s before she hangs up the boots for good, only she’s managed to do just that! But here’s one thing you and Kain won’t achieve Mercedes and that’s pinning Sam Marlowe in the middle of the ring to retain the title because me and Saw are going to put our differences aside, win the titles and me? I’ll be sure to rub my new title in Ben’s face!”

It’s that simple that I decided to wrap things up.

“Sam’s got more experience than me but that doesn’t mean that I won’t be winning the tag titles from you and Mercedes and Kain! This Sunday will mark the end of the brief reign shared by Mercedes Vargas and Kain as we move onwards to not only winning but retaining the title but in the meantime Mercedes and Kain had better brace themselves because there’s two storms coming, one from Sam and one from the Metal Storm Caleb Storms as we prove that we’re not quite ab odd couple!”

I joined Katie at the treadmills as the scene fades.
user posted image