Author Topic: Some thoughts  (Read 480 times)

Offline The Good Shepherds

• View Profile
    • Gerald Shepherd
Some thoughts
« on: March 20, 2020, 11:28:56 PM »

”Terrors frighten him on every side, and chase him at his heels.”
-Job 18:25

The orange glows bright from the setting sunshine casts an angelic glow around Mother Mavis as she walks down the side of a crystal clear chalk stream.  The blades of grass, while looking more the color of hay during this time of the year, brush up against her blue gown while she goes, alone.  She looks across the stream to see more of the same, but with Reading in the not far enough distance from where she’s at in North Wessex Downs.  She chooses to look away from the sight of the city and she finds a spot to sit just at the edge of the stream.  She kicks off her shoes, and despite the cold temperatures of the water, she rests her feet in it.

Mavis:  Ah, the beauty of the countryside.  I just could not pass up the opportunity to stay out of the hometown that birthed that- thing- Kate Steele.  I apologize.  Your Bombshell Internet Champion.

Mavis uses her fingers to make air quotes on each side of her head as she speaks.  She sweetens her otherwise chilly smile.

Mavis:  Birds of a feather do flock together, they say.  And no, that was not a shot at one of my opponents for this week, unfortunately.  But rather a shot at Kate herself.  She has been keeping rather G.R.I.M.E.y company when it relates to the ring lately.  I can only imagine the scoundrel is hanging around in that city somewhere, and I am liable to…

Mavis covers her mouth though it is clear that the anger is boiling over from the inside out.  She stops herself right where she sits and proper minds her tone.

Mavis:  Well, as a good Christian woman, I just can’t even go into what it is I am liable to do.  God knows your heart and I must abstain from such horrible thoughts toward the man who turned poor Esther against her family.

Mavis pulls out a picture of Esther from her breast pocket.  She looks at it painfully for a moment before she drops it into the stream, allowing the stream to do with it as it pleases.  It carries it away before taking it under.  She tries to look upset by this, but it’s not too hard to see that she is not.

Mavis:  GRIME is like a swarm of mosquitos that, no matter how often you bat them away, they just keep coming back, with bigger and bigger numbers.  Just waiting to suck the life right out of you.  It is mighty unfortunate to say the least.

Mavis curls her lips into a smile that is just as devious as ever.  She then pauses for dramatic effect before exaggerating a gasp.

Mavis:  Why, that reminds me of something.  Something quite relevant.  Sierra Williams.  Quite literally, I just defeated her and that scum sucker, Hitamashii, last week.  Like the pest that she is, after swatting her away, she’s back again.  I still have not forgotten about my taco, Sierra.

Mavis folds her arms over her chest while the swaying grass waves in front of her.  The chill in the air causes her to lock on the hold of herself.  She seems to stare right into the camera.

Mavis:  I realize that you had some surprisingly nice things to say about my husband and myself.  I applaud you for having the courage to say them in such a public forum.  It was very humbling of you, much like your part time job at Taco Bell.

Mavis smirks sweetly through the chill.  Perhaps it is because of the fact that she, herself is cold-hearted and cold natured.

Mavis:  To be fair, I respect your in-ring skills as well, Sierra.  However, you as a person, could use a little work.  You had better make light of the fact that you are simply a second chance participant who was already knocked out in the first round of the tournament.  It’s quite unfair to those of us who are here in the second round by, I don’t know, actually winning.  It has to be a tremendous amount of pressure on you to prove everyone wrong.

Mavis watches the setting sun while is starts to cast an orange glow across her and yet somehow her blue eyes sparkle.

Mavis:  But the blame does not rest solely with you, Sierra.  It rests with SCW as a whole.  The culture of not caring is rampant through Sin City.  The apathetic ones often make me wonder if this is truly the mission The Good Shepherds were meant to be on.  We have had quite an easy time in ruling over SCU.  SCW is an entirely different tale altogether.  How can we expect a good example to be set when our own general manager decides to step aside to allow a second chance participant to take her place?

Mavis is getting heated, but she reaches to her chest and grabs onto her cross pendant to take a deep breath.  She tries to calm herself down but it only goes so far.

Mavis:  One could argue that she’s the general manager and therefore she shouldn’t have to fight at all.  But the fact of the matter is that she signed up and she did not see her obligations through.  Instead of going down fighting, she simply tapped out before the real challenge began.  But I get it.  Going up against one of the Good Shepherds is not desirable because it is simply not something just anyone can successfully do.  Brooke ran scared when she saw the bracket for this week and she decided it was best not to humiliate herself.  It’s actually quite understandable.  But it is still frustrating to know that our general manager is such a coward.  And it makes me feel bad for Sierra.  Perhaps God will have mercy on her this weekend. Because He knows that I will not.

Mavis looks at her watch.

Mavis:  Unfortunately, I am out of time for this evening.  I must reflect quietly in prayer, and I simply do not have ten hours to talk about what is wrong with Teddy Warren.  There is just not enough time left in the world to dissect that one.  Again, I am tempted to forget about the taco out of sheer pity on Sierra for having to team with- *that*.

Mavis shudders at the thought of Teddy Warren.  She waves to the camera and sinks down to her knees, pulling The Good Book out of her pocket, opening it up for reflection.

//OOC I'm very sorry to Aron B, as well as Sierra Williams and Teddy Steele for my lackluster work. I just wasn't feeling the roleplay spirit this week with various things going on. No excuses. I dropped the ball.