Author Topic: Nightmares Are Our Fears Trying to Mess with Us  (Read 54 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Nightmares Are Our Fears Trying to Mess with Us
« on: May 17, 2024, 11:55:46 PM »
Miles sat at the edge of his bed, his phone pressed to his ear. The familiar voice of his mother, soft yet strong, brought a sense of comfort amidst the turmoil in his mind. The early morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow around the room. It was moments like these that grounded him, reminding him of his roots and the unconditional love that always supported him.

"Miles, sweetheart, you sound tired," his mother said, concern lacing her words. "Is everything alright?"

Miles sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Hey, Mom. Yeah, it's just... a lot on my mind. With Climax Control coming up and everything that is happening with everything lately, it's hard to focus sometimes."

"I know you're under a lot of pressure, but I also know how strong you are. You've faced bigger challenges before and come out on top," she reassured him.

"Thanks, Mom. It's not just the match, though. It's also everything with LJ. We've been reconnecting, and it's been great, but it's also a lot to handle on top of everything else. Carter isn’t exactly trusting of him yet, which I get, he was that way with Ally for a little bit"

His mother paused, her tone thoughtful. "I'm so glad to hear that you and LJ are getting closer. It means the world to me to see my children supporting each other. But I can understand how it might feel overwhelming."

Miles nodded, even though she couldn't see him. "Yeah. It's been really good for both of us, but I just want to make sure I'm there for him, you know? I don't want to let him down."

"Miles, you're doing an amazing job. LJ looks up to you, and the fact that you two are connecting so well is a testament to how much you care. Just keep being yourself, and everything will fall into place."

"I know, Mom, but it still feels like there's so much riding on this match. I know there is no way in hell I’m gonna let that son of a bitch slip after everything he did. But at the end of the day all I want is to not let anyone down and that’s all I’ve been feeling like lately."

His mother sighed, her voice filled with empathy. "Family bonds are complicated, honey. But remember, I am incredibly proud of you. And I have a feeling LJ is too. You just need to keep doing what you do best: fighting with heart and integrity. You’ll get that title back, it’s only a matter of time."

"Thanks, mum. I needed to hear that," Miles said, feeling a bit of the weight lift from his shoulders. "I just wish things were simpler. Between the match, my dreams, and wanting to be a good brother, it feels like I'm constantly on edge."

"Life rarely gives us simplicity, love. It's how we handle the complexity that defines us. Use all of this, the love, the support, the drive, and channel it into your fight. Let it fuel you."

"I will, Mom. I promise," Miles said, determination seeping back into his voice. "And about the dreams... I had another one last night. About Carter. It felt so real, like a warning."

"Dreams can be our subconscious trying to tell us something, or they can just be our deepest fears playing out while we sleep. Don't let them control you. Focus on reality, on what you can control."

"You're right. As always," Miles said with a small smile. "Thanks for listening, Mom. I really needed this."

"Anytime, sweetheart. Remember, we're all rooting for you. Give them hell at Climax Control, and know that no matter what, you've already made us proud."

"I will. Love you, Mom."

"Love you too, Miles. Now go out there and show them what you're made of, give em hell."

As Miles lay in bed, the darkness of the night pressing in around him, he found himself tossed and turned in the grip of a restless sleep. Images flickered through his mind like ghosts, haunting and elusive, yet all too real.

In his dream, he found himself standing on a vast battlefield, the clash of swords and the cries of the dying echoing in his ears. He was clad in armor, his muscles tense with anticipation as he surveyed the chaos around him. And by his side stood Carter, his beloved, his soulmate, his everything.

But as Miles reached out to grasp Carter's hand, to pull him close and shield him from harm, a sense of dread washed over him like a tidal wave. For in that moment, he knew that their love was not enough to protect them from the horrors of war, from the cruel whims of fate.

As the battle raged on, Miles fought with all his strength and skill, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried desperately to keep Carter safe. But no matter how hard he fought, no matter how fiercely he struggled, he could not prevent the inevitable.

In the blink of an eye, tragedy struck. Carter fell to the ground, his body limp and lifeless, a fatal wound staining his armor crimson. And as Miles knelt beside him, his hands trembling with grief, he felt his world shatter into a million pieces.

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he cradled Carter's lifeless form in his arms, his heart aching with a pain beyond words. In that moment, he would have given anything, everything, to turn back time, to rewrite the cruel script of fate and spare them both from this agony.

But it was too late. The damage was done, the loss irreversible. And as Miles looked up at the sky, his voice choked with sorrow, he cried out to the gods above, begging for mercy, for a second chance, for anything that would bring Carter back to him.

But the heavens remained silent, their cold indifference mocking his pain. And as Miles's cries echoed into the night, he knew that he was truly alone, trapped in a nightmare from which there was no escape.

With a start, Miles jolted awake, his heart racing and his body drenched in sweat. For a moment, he lay there in the darkness, gasping for breath as the echoes of his dream faded into the recesses of his mind.

And as he reached out to pull Carter close, to feel the warmth of his body against his own, he whispered a silent prayer of gratitude, thankful beyond words that his nightmare was just that: a nightmare, a figment of his tortured imagination.

But deep down, in the quiet depths of his soul, Miles couldn't shake the feeling that his dream held a kernel of truth, a warning of the dangers that lurked on the horizon. And as he held Carter tight, vowing to never let him go, he knew that he would do whatever it took to protect their love, to keep it safe from harm, to ensure that they would never suffer the same fate as Achilles and Patroclus, doomed to be torn apart by the cruel whims of fate.

As Miles lay there, his heart still racing from the intensity of his nightmare, he felt Carter stir beside him. He held his breath, waiting for the inevitable moment when Carter would wake and realize that something was wrong.

Sure enough, moments later, Carter's eyes fluttered open, his gaze searching the darkness until it settled on Miles's troubled form. Instantly, he reached out, his touch gentle yet firm as he brushed a strand of hair away from Miles's forehead.

"Miles, baby, are you alright?" Carter's voice was soft, filled with concern as he studied Miles's face for any sign of distress.

Miles forced a weak smile, trying to push aside the lingering echoes of his nightmare. "Yeah, just a bad dream, that's all, love," he muttered, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

But Carter could see through the facade, and could sense the turmoil brewing beneath the surface. With a sigh, he unraveled himself from his fiance’s arms and then pulled Miles into his own arms, holding him close as he pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead.

"You don't have to hide it from me, babe," Carter whispered, his voice barely audible in the stillness of the night. "I can tell when something's bothering you. And whatever it is, you know I'm here for you, right?"

Miles felt a lump form in his throat as he buried his face in Carter's chest, his tears mingling with the warmth of Carter's embrace. In that moment, he felt a rush of gratitude, of overwhelming love for the man who had stood by his side through thick and thin.

"I'm sorry, Carter," Miles whispered, his voice choking with emotion. "I just... I couldn't bear the thought of losing you. Not now, not ever."

Carter held him tighter, his own tears mingling with Miles's as he whispered words of comfort and reassurance. As Miles lay nestled in Carter's arms, the remnants of his nightmare still lingering in his mind, he found solace in the steady rhythm of Carter's heartbeat beneath his ear. With each beat, it was as if Carter was grounding him, anchoring him to the present moment.

"I love you," Miles murmured softly, his voice barely above a whisper but filled with genuine sincerity.

Carter's arms tightened around him, a silent affirmation of his own love and devotion. "I love you too," he replied, his voice warm and reassuring. "More than anything in this world."

In that moment, as the darkness of the night enveloped them, Miles felt a profound sense of gratitude wash over him. Gratitude for Carter's unwavering support, for his love that knew no bounds, for the way he had always been there to lift him up when he stumbled.

"I don't know what I would do without you," Miles admitted, his voice raw with emotion. "I don’t know if you know this or not as often as I’ve said it but you're my rock, my guiding light. And I thank the stars every day that you're mine."

Carter pressed a tender kiss to the crown of Miles's head, his lips lingering there for a moment as if trying to convey all the love and reassurance he felt in that simple gesture. "I think that nightmare really messed with you and you need to just close your eyes and go back to sleep."

“If you are calling me delusional, I will refer to that ring on your finger, my love.” Miles smirked, “I guess all the sightseeing we’ve done has messed with me a little bit.”

“I think running you all over Troy has you exhausted beyond belief, and you need to go back to sleep.” Carter says with a smile but not being able to help himself while looking at the engagement ring that Miles place on his hand just a few months ago, “I got you, babe. Always.”

With those words echoing in his mind, Miles felt a sense of peace wash over him, chasing away the remnants of his nightmare and filling him with a newfound sense of hope. For as long as he had Carter by his side, he knew that together they could overcome any obstacle, face any challenge, and emerge stronger on the other side.

And as they drifted back to sleep, their breathing falling into sync as they lay entwined in each other's arms, Miles knew with absolute certainty that no matter what trials lay ahead, as long as they faced them together, their love would always triumph in the end. For their love was a beacon in the darkness, a guiding light that would lead them through even the darkest of nights. And as they drifted back to sleep, their hearts entwined as one, Miles knew that no nightmare, no matter how terrifying, could ever tear them apart.

Miles and Carter sat on the terrace of their hotel room in Troy, the ancient city's history a silent witness to their conversation. The cool evening breeze rustled the leaves around them, providing a momentary sense of calm before the storm that was to come on Sunday at Climax Control.

Miles looked out at the horizon, his mind a whirl of thoughts and emotions. "You know, Carter, this match against Vaughn and Goth... it feels like it's more than just a fight. It's personal."

Carter nodded, his expression thoughtful. "I get it, babe. Vaughn cheated you out of your title, and Goth... he's a wildcard with nothing to lose. But we've got each other's backs. That's our strength."

Miles sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's not just about the title, though. Vaughn humiliated me, made a mockery of everything I worked for. And now, teaming up with you, there's this extra layer of pressure. I trust you completely, but it's like I have my head on a swivel, always watching out for you. I promised that I wouldn’t feel like this but the Saviors are not to be fucked with and I know how much you wanted to team up."

Carter reached over and took Miles's hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "We've trained for this. We've studied Vaughn and Goth's moves, their tactics. We know what we're up against. And together, we can take them down."

Miles met Carter's gaze, his eyes reflecting a mix of determination and lingering doubt. "I know, and I believe in us. But that nightmare... it just messed with me. Seeing you hurt, losing you... it felt so real. I can't shake the fear that something might happen."

Carter leaned in closer, his voice gentle yet firm. "Nightmares are just our fears playing tricks on us, babe. In the real world, side by side, we’re a force like they’ve never seen. We're stronger because we have each other. Vaughn and Goth don't have that. They're not a team like we are."

Miles took a deep breath, letting Carter's words wash over him. "You're right. We need to focus on our strengths. Vaughn might have cheated his way to the top, but he doesn't know what it's like to have someone you can trust completely"

Carter smiled, his confidence unwavering. "Exactly. And as for Goth, he's unpredictable, sure. But he's also reckless. That can be his downfall. We just need to stay smart, stay focused."

Miles nodded, thankful that at least one of them had their head on straight. "We stick to the plan, play to our strengths, and we can take them down. I just have to keep reminding myself that this isn't just about revenge or proving a point. It's about showing everyone what we're capable of together."

As the sun set, casting a golden glow over the ancient city, Miles felt a weight lift from his shoulders. The nightmare might have shaken him, but it couldn't break the bond he shared with Carter. Together, they would face Vaughn and Goth, and together, they would emerge victorious.

"Let's get some rest," Miles said, standing up and pulling Carter into a hug. "We've got a big day ahead of us, and I want us both at our best."

Carter hugged him back tightly, his voice filled with determination. "We will be, babe. And come Sunday, Vaughn and Goth will learn what it means to face a true team."

With that, they headed inside, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead. As long as they had each other, Miles knew they could conquer anything.

Nightmares Are Our Fears Trying to Mess with Us

Miles stood alone in the locker room, the echoes of past victories and defeats surrounding him like ghosts. The air was thick with anticipation, and the dim light cast long shadows on the walls. This was his sanctuary, a gym where he could control his mind, just like he could in the ring, the place where he prepared to face his demons, and today, those demons were Peter Vaughn and Goth. He took a deep breath, letting the intensity of the moment wash over him before launching into his infamous monologue.

"Peter Vaughn, Goth, listen up because what I’m about to say, you won't forget. Vaughn, let's start with you, shall we? The so-called Internet Champion. You think you’ve climbed to the top, but you didn't do it with skill or honor. No, you clawed your way up with deceit, with underhanded tactics, and with the kind of cowardice that makes me sick to my stomach. You stole that title from me, Vaughn. You didn't earn it. You didn’t fight for it like a man; you snatched it like a thief in the night.

Your name might be on that championship, but everyone knows it should have an asterisk next to it. A footnote that reads, ‘Champion by cheating.’ You walk around with that belt like you’re something special, but deep down, you know the truth. You know you’re a fraud, a paper champion. And come Climax Control, I'm going to rip that façade away and expose you for what you really are – a scared little boy hiding behind cheap tricks.

And then there's Goth. The man with nothing to lose. Or should I say, the man who's lost it all? You’ve been around forever, Goth, and what do you have to show for it? You’re a shadow of your former self, clinging to the remnants of a legacy that's long since crumbled to dust. You think your unpredictability makes you dangerous? It doesn’t. It makes you desperate. And desperation leads to mistakes. Big mistakes.

See, I know all about you, Goth. I've studied your every move, your every tactic. You think you’re some dark force to be reckoned with, but all I see is a man trying to reclaim a glory that’s never coming back. You’re reckless, and that’s going to be your downfall. You’ve got nothing to lose, but I’ve got everything to gain.

And let’s talk about the real strength here – my partnership and relationship with Carter. Unlike you two, we know what it means to have each other's backs. We’re not just partners in the ring; we’re partners in life. That’s something neither of you will ever understand. Our bond is our greatest weapon, and it’s something you can’t break. Vaughn, your cheating and your lies? They mean nothing in the face of true loyalty. And Goth, your reckless abandon? It pales in comparison to the calculated precision of two people fighting with everything they have for the person they love.

Come Sunday, at Climax Control, this isn't just about a match. This is about redemption. This is about justice. This is about showing the world that cheaters never truly prosper and that the desperate will always fall. Vaughn, I’m coming for you with the fury of a man wronged, and Goth, I’ll put you down like the rabid dog you’ve become.

Prepare yourselves, because when that bell rings, it’s not just Miles Kasey you’re facing. It’s the culmination of every ounce of frustration, every drop of sweat, every second of preparation. It's the wrath of a man who’s had everything taken from him and is ready to take it all back. You’ll be stepping into the ring with a force you’ve never encountered before. And when it’s over, when you’re lying on the mat wondering what the hell just happened, you’ll know. You’ll know that you faced a man with nothing left to lose and everything to gain.

I’ll see you on Sunday, boys. And trust me, you’re not ready for the storm that’s coming. Climax Control will be your downfall, and my rise back to where I rightfully belong.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaviors, COME OUT TO PLAY!!!!!"

Miles finished his words, the words hanging in the air like a battle cry. He could feel the fire in his veins, the unyielding determination that had carried him through countless battles. With one final breath, he turned and walked out of the locker room, ready to face his adversaries and reclaim his honor.