Author Topic: “A Rockstar and a metalhead walk into a bar.”  (Read 432 times)

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
“A Rockstar and a metalhead walk into a bar.”
« on: July 19, 2019, 09:39:24 PM »
 Last week on Climax Control Mark Ward made Caleb Storms a promise in exchange for stepping into the Lion’s Den against Fenris (giving him the nickname “Bowling Ball Bollocks” in the process) by agreeing to grant him a request as long as it wasn’t a title match at Summer XXXTreme which was being held at the end of August, Caleb found a way around this by asking for a title shot against SCW Roulette Champion Griffin Hawkins the following week on Climax Control which Mark not only agreed too but made that week’s Main Event, this was Caleb’s first main event on TV (his first PPV Main Event happening at Into the Void VIII) and by dethroning Griffin he would make a huge step forward, can he win the Roulette Title for the second time?

Backstage at Climax Control, Star of the Desert Arena, Primm, Nevada
Sunday the 14th of July 2019, 11:00pm

If I can be honest, I didn’t think that was going to work.

Asking for the title shot at next week’s Climax Control was partially Katie’s idea, we spent most of Monday and Tuesday brainstorming ideas and at one point I was tempted to test Mark’s word by requesting a World Bombshell Title Match on Jessie Salco’s behalf but ultimately decided against it, in the end it was by Tuesday morning that we made our minds up and went with the title shot for me idea, problem was, which one.

Said problem was quickly solved, yes, I could’ve asked for a World Title Match but that would’ve put me back in Fenris’s crosshairs and I need a serious break from matches against him.

Like I said, I didn’t think it was going to work but Mark was a man of his word and made the match official for next week’s Climax Control and as we sit here watching the World Bombshell Title Match between Amy Marshall and Alicia Lukas wind down a stage hand handed me next week’s card.

“Ouch, that landing looked nasty.” Katie winced as she watched Amy land funny on her leg off a failed top rope move, however I was too preoccupied with the card to take any notice. “What do you think Caleb?” Katie asked as she watched the match continue but once again, I didn’t look up. “Caleb?” Katie asked before realizing that I wasn’t paying attention and waved her hand in front of my face to get my attention. “Last time you were that distracted was when Death Angel was announced for this year’s Bloodstock!”

“Sorry but I got distracted.” I commented before we heard the bell ring as Amy tapped to the Lioness Bite. “And I’ll show you why.” I added before handing over the card to Katie, when she read through it her eyes went as wide as dinner plates.

“You’re in the Main Event?!” Katie asked before handing the card back to me. “I mean, I know you vs. Griffin is going to be a big match but I wasn’t expecting it to get the Main Event Slot, figured they’d put the World Heavyweight Title on the line in the Main Event like they did this week.”

“I’m just as surprised as you are and for obvious reasons, I’m not complaining.” I responded before I noticed that the other people around us, mostly backstage staff or people who did appear on screen but the fans didn’t really care for like cameramen or timekeepers, started making their way to the parking lot and we both realized that it was high time that we made our way back to the hotel as well. “And hey, if I can end next week’s Climax Control as a two time Roulette Champion, all the better.”

“We both know Griffin won’t make things easy for you.” Katie was quick to point out as we headed out to the parking lot, there weren’t a lot of wrestlers from either division around, but we knew that would change soon as I put the duffel bag in the boot of the car and closed the hood. “I still can’t believe that worked, I was all set to come out and request Christian’s Starbucks Card.”

“You don’t drink at Starbucks.” I pointed out as Katie got into the car. “What could you possibly want with that?”

“I don’t know, mess with Christian’s head, kinda surprised he hasn’t tweeted about that joke you made about kissing bombshells.” Katie added as I hopped in the back and the cameraman hopped in the front whilst I shook my head.

“Give it a few hours and he’ll either tweet something or just ignore it, don’t forget Christian wasn’t in attendance tonight since he’s on holiday and all.” I responded before shifting my weight. “Besides, I doubt he’ll let one funny joke cloud his judgment.”

“I could point out all the other times that his judgment has been clouded but this is a short car journey back to the hotel.” Katie responded getting a laugh out of me. “Speaking of Christian, I heard your continuing the training under Casey and Ivan.”

“I need to work on my matt game, or do I need to point out how completely outmatched I was every time I faced Fenris?” I asked and Katie shook her head giving me her answer without a single word. “It’ll take me a while to get to Fenris’s level but it’s still a step in the right direction, Casey even offered me a trainer’s position there should my wrestling career get cut short for whatever reason.” I added and Katie nodded. “Only thing left to do if my promo.”

“Go ahead, traffic’s being typically quiet tonight, so it won’t take long.” Katie responded, and I got ready to do my promo.

“Once year ago in the Summer Time, I spent most of the Theme Park Tour trying to get another shot at the Roulette Title, I’m not going to repeat how that ended but if you want a recap, just go back and watch the Climax Control episodes from that time period! Fast forward almost exactly a year later and once again, I’m in the Roulette Title Scene only this time? I only had to ask to get the title shot! Well, that and get my ass kicked by Fenris for three PPV matches in a row but that’s beside the point! Next Sunday I’m challenging Griffin Hawkins for the Roulette Title!”

And walking out the winner.

“And just to make things clear, if the Roulette Wheel stops on Lion’s Den Match I’m going to scream! That being said Griffin, I honestly thought that we’d never see you in an SCW ring again following the hiatus but that show’s what I know because here you are, under contract for SCW again and holding the Roulette Title, however one of those things are going to end soon and I’d like to think that if a major champion was leaving the company, we would’ve heard about it by now but we haven’t!”

But I digress.

“I don’t know what the bosses have in store for you at this year’s Summer XXXTReme Griffin but this time last year I made headlines by trying to throw the proverbial spanner in the works of their plans and failing, this year? There will be no failure on my part because I’m dethroning you as champion and derailing the bosses plans which, by this point last year, was practically my favorite hobby as a wrestler! The point is that I’m hungry, motivated and walking out of Reno, Nevada the new SCW Roulette Champion!”

It’s that simple.

“Off course the wheel could stop on anything and give either of us a serious advantage or disadvantage but at the end of the day, I’m leaving Reno as one of the youngest two time Roulette Champion in the company’s history which is appropriate considering that I’ll be consigning your title reign to the dust as I move forward as the new two time Roulette Champion!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“A Metalhead and a Rockstar walk into a bar, I could make the old joke that they hurt themselves in the process but I won’t, instead that bar is meant to represent all manner of match types that the wheel could land on and for all I know, it could be a Bar Room Brawl, either way you had better brace yourself Griffin because the metal storm is coming for the Roulette Title and at the end oi the night the new Roulette Champion will be “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

We pulled into the hotel parking lot as the scene fades.
user posted image