Author Topic: It Speaks To Me  (Read 360 times)

Offline Jake Sullivan

• TAFKAR-The Artist Formerly Known As Rage
    • View Profile
    • Jake Sullivan
It Speaks To Me
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »

After Climax Control…

The cameraman is rushing to the backstage area shortly after Christian Underwood’s announcement concerning the Heavyweight Championship.  Both Rage and Nick Jones have left the ring, no doubt their huge, and hopefully final showdown next week now on their minds.  As the cameraman rushes towards the locker room area, a loud commotion can be heard, and now seen coming from that direction just ahead.

The camera zooms up ahead and we can see the Sin of Pride, “Sxxxy” Shane Boswell and the Sin of Lust, Fantasia, standing just outside a door.  Fantasia stands a safe distance away, as things come flying out of the room every so often, followed by a loud angry bellow.  Shane stands closer to the door, but not directly in front of it.  He looks at Fantasia with a concerned look.

“Better go find Synn and Gabriel if you can.  I don’t think I can handle this one alone.” He peeks inside the room, but is forced to duck quickly as a chair comes flying out of the room, crashing against the wall.  Fantasia scurries off down the hall.

“STUPID SON OF A BITCH!  I FUCKING…GRAWRRRRRR!!!!” A loud crash follows Rage’s angry yelling inside the locker room.  Shane peeks inside once again, cautiously this time, trying to get a glimpse of the damage the big man has caused.

“Hey, mate, can you calm down for—“ Before Shane can finish what he was about to say, a cooler comes sailing out of the room, meeting the wall in almost the same exact place the chair hit.  It, too, crashes against the wall, sending ice and water all over the floor, as well as several bottles of water and soda cans.

“FUCK OFF SHANE!  I’M NOT IN THE MOOD TO FUCKING TALK!!” Rage snaps back at Shane.  He walks up to the door and slams it shut in Shane’s face.  Shane dusts himself off, and stands right outside the door, careful not to walk inside.  He leans against the door, and shakes his head as he listens to Rage continue to destroy more stuff inside.  

“I don’t understand why you’re so pissed off, bud.  Think about it.  Nick’s entourage is banned from ringside next week.  That’s a GOOD thing, mate!  You shouldn’t be upset just because we’re banned, too!” Shane has to speak loudly over the constant loud crashes caused by the Sin of Wrath.  After he says what he needs to say, things go quiet in the locker room.  Too quiet, actually.  A minute or so later, Rage’s angry footsteps are heard approaching the door.  Shane takes a step back, not sure what to expect from Rage, and the door opens seconds later.

Our SCW Heavyweight Champion appears in front of him, his face flushed a dark red color and sweat pouring down his face.  He looks at Shane, seething with fury and says, “I fucking know that, Shane!  That’s not why I’m pissed off!  Can you just leave me the hell alone damn it!”

“So what’s the problem, then?  And, nope, not a chance, baldy.” Shane replies with a grin.  

“QUIT WITH THE DAMN BALD JOKES!” Rage shouts, pointing a finger in Shane’s face, and he turns around walking back inside the locker room, slamming the door behind him once again.  The sound of glass shattering follows.

“Bloody hell, what is left for him to destroy in there?” Shane asks himself as Rage’s tantrum resumes and only seems to escalate.  Fantasia walks on to the scene with Synn and Gabriel behind her.

“What is going on here?” Synn asks.  He, too, looks far from being in a good mood considering everything that happened tonight, but he tries to focus his attention on the problem at hand.

*CRASH*

Synn and Gabriel suddenly look toward the door.  Gabriel still has a hold of his head, feeling the effects of the sneak attack by the newly formed Dreamz Chasers.  Synn looks around outside the door, taking notice of the huge mess caused by Rage, and he scratches his head.

“What on earth brought on this fit?  I thought he would be happy about the stipulations Christian made for his match against Nick next week?” Synn asks turning his attention to Shane.

“Beats me,” Shane replies with a shrug. “One minute he was fine, the next he was just going nuts.  He won’t even let me in there, much less say anything other than for me to piss off.”

”FUCK OFF, SHANE!”

“Wrong phrase apparently, Shane.” Gabriel points out.

“Means the same thing, mate.  But that’s pretty much all he says.  I can’t go in there by myself.  I can’t risk a battle wound ten times worse then what Despy dishes out.”

Gabriel laughs and looks at Shane. “Ahh, quit being a little bitch.  I got my arse kicked by Sean and his little Dreamz Chasers pansies tonight.  I think you can handle our bald-headed beast in there.”

Shane tries to interject and warn Gabriel, but Gabriel brushes past him, opening the door.  Just as he does, he has to duck quickly as Rage’s duffel bag comes flying at him.  Gabriel doesn’t take too kindly to this, and he looks around at the mess Rage has made.

“Whoa, baldy!  Watch where you’re throwing that, would ya?!  You almost hit me and my head already hurts as it is!  Damn, is there anything you didn’t break in here?!” Gabriel says, looking around at all the debris surrounding them.

Synn and Shane walk up behind Gabriel.  They, too, survey the damage Rage has caused and neither of them looks particularly inpressed.

Rage looks at Shane and says, “Yeah.  Shane’s face.”

“Oi! Stay away from my face, big man!  It would be a tragedy and a crime to mess this face up.”  Shane yells, taking a step back.  Rage simply flips him the bird in response to that.  He turns around, kicking an overturned bench away from him.

“Where is your Heavyweight Title?” Synn looks around the room, noticing the SCW Heavyweight title is noticeably missing.  Rage looks around, also scratching his head.

“At the moment, I’m not completely sure, but like it fucking matters?!  I’m not going to have it much longer anyway!” He says angrily.

Synn, Shane and Gabriel all look toard one another, confused.  Gabriel spots the title underneath some debris just in front of him.  He kneels down and picks it up, trying to hand it to Rage.  Rage turns around and plops down on the only bench he hasn’t destroyed…yet.

“Geez, bud, show this belt a little more respect.  You don’t want to give Nick a reason to take it from ya next week, do ya?  Judging from your attitude, though, you’re already expecting that to happen.” Gabriel says to Rage, folding the Heavyweight Championship and keeping a hold on it for the big man.

Rage continues to fume.  His nostrils are flared and he can’t even find the words to say.  All he wants to do is to break something…or someone.

“What is the problem, Rage?  The entourage is banned ringside, meaning Nick won’t have anyone to try and help him.  So what is all this about?” Synn points to the mess in the locker room, trying to get to the bottom of Rage’s rampage.

“What is my problem?” Rage asks with a low growl. “Hmmm, let’s go over everything that happened tonight again, shall we?  First, that little bitch Sean Williams…Yeah, you know him real well…That little bitch and his new buddies decided to attack Gabriel from behind while we were conveniently busy signing autographs.  Dreamz Chasers?!  What the fuck kind of name is that?!  That little bitch boy made us look bad because we didn’t even know what the hell they were doing to him out there!”

“Don’t worry, bud.  They made a big mistake, and they’ll find that out very soon.” Gabriel replies.  Synn remains quiet, however.

“That’s not my point, Gabe.” Rage snaps back, looking at Gabriel, before turning to look at Synn. “Synn, I know I made my opinion on Sean very clear, especially on Twitter not that long ago, but when it came to your relationship, or whatever it was with him, I did my best to keep my mouth shut out of respect for you.  That may come as a shock to you guys, but it’s the fucking truth.”

Gabriel and Shane look at Rage, and then at Synn.  Shane suddenly looks past them, spotting his two full length mirrors now shattered on the floor.

“What the hell?!  You broke my mirrors, baldy?!”  Rage looks behind him, and shrugs.

“Just one of them.  The other was already broken when I got here!”  Rage replies when Synn clears his throat.  They all turn their attention to Synn, who has a guilty look on his face.

“I think it’s safe to assume that this whole night has had an effect on all of us.” Synn says.

Rage lets out a sarcastic laugh. “That’s a bit of an understatement, don’t you think?  Not only do I have to deal with this bullshit fight Sean decided to start, but now I have to face Nick Jones for a fourth fucking time next week!  I’m just a little bit sick of having to face that piece of shit.  It’s like they want him to be the champion.”

“I’m fairly sure that both Christian and Mark weren’t upset when you won the title, Rage.” Synn says trying to reassure Rage.

Rage shakes his head, not completely agreeing with him. “Oh I highly doubt that.  I may as well hand the title back over to Nick, because he’s bound and determined to get it back, and whether or not Christian Underwood wants him as champion, Nick will always be buddy buddy with Hot Stuff.  What’s the fucking point anymore?!”

“The point, Rage,” Synn says, taking the Heavyweight title from Gabriel’s grasp, and walking over toward Rage. “Is to prove to them who deserves this title.  Nick may be close friends with Mark, but I can assure you that Mark knows the talent you possess, as does Christian.  You have played by the rules since day one, and you’ve earned this title.  Throwing a fit like this simply because you have to face Nick one more time isn’t the right thing to do.”

“Synn’s right, mate.” Shane adds. “I mean, look at this mess.  Do you honestly feel any better about the situation?”

Rage lifts his head to look at his two mentors in Synn and Shane, and then to Gabriel who looks back at him with a nod.  

“Not really.” Rage replies, looking around the destroyed locker room. “I won’t feel any better until I’m beating the shit out of Nick Jones…again.”

“Right.  So you’ve given Christian Underwood a reason to fine you to pay for the damages here, but it didn’t make you feel better.  Smart choice, baldy.” Shane replies while shaking his head.

Rage glares at Shane again after his nickname amongst the Sins is once again used.  He cracks his neck and shakes his head, taking a step forward.

“Let him fine me!” Rage says without a care. “I don’t give a shit.  Christian doesn’t want me beating the hell out of Nick before the match, this is the only other alternative other than breaking your face.”

An evil grin appears on Rage’s face.  Gabriel laughs a little, but Shane doesn’t return the same amusement.

“You even come near this face, bud, and I’ll boot ya in the crackers!  Then you’ll be stuck listening to me and Fantasia the whole trip instead of trying to keep up with us with that bird of yours.” Shane warns him, cracking a smile at the last part.

Just as quickly as it appeared, the grin disappears from Rage’s face.  He snarls and approaches Shane.  “She’s NOT my ‘bird’, Shane!  Get it through that self-centered head of yours!”

Shane laughs. “Really?  You could have fooled me with all that sneaking around you’ve been doing to see her acting like a little teenager.”

Rage clenches his fists as Gabriel watches, still laughing.  Synn stands in between Rage and Shane, though they all know Rage won’t lay a hand on Shane.

“Alright,” Synn says, interrupting Rage. “Enough, Rage.  Tonight has been a mess to say the least.  You have a match to focus on next week, so focus.  Quit throwing temper tantrums, and save all that energy for the match where it really matters.  And be a little more careful with this, will you?  I’d hate to see the way Mark and Christian would react if they saw how it was treated tonight.”  Synn hands the Heavyweight Title out to Rage, and Rage takes it.

Rage takes in a deep breath, then places his Heavyweight title over his shoulder. “It’s not like I did it on purpose.  I lost my temper and just started throwing shit, and I forgot I had the belt sitting on the bench.”

“Don’t let it happen again.” Synn warns him. “You may be known as the Sin of Wrath around here for that reason, but Mark and Christian won’t hesitate to strip the title away from you if you’re mistreating it.  Now hurry up and find your things.  We have a plane to catch tomorrow, and I think after tonight, we all just need to get some rest before heading to Bangkok.”

Gabriel takes a step towards the door where Rage’s duffel bag is laying on the floor.  He reaches down and picks it up. “Is this all ya got, or is there more hiding under this disaster?”

“That’s all I have.  The rest of my stuff is at the hotel.”  Rage replies and he starts walking over the disaster he caused.  Synn turns around and looks at him, clearing his throat.

“What?” Rage asks as he turns around and looks at Synn.

“Wouldn’t it be polite to, oh I don’t know, start to clean up this mess maybe?”

Gabriel and Shane look at Rage, trying not to laugh.  Rage takes one last look at the mess, and then shakes his head.

“Nah,” he says. “It was easier breaking it all, and I don’t feel like cleaning it up.  They’ll bill me for it I’m sure.”

“So you’d rather pay for the damages instead of possibly avoiding the costs by cleaning it up yourself?  I’m not sure I understand that logic.” Synn replies, shaking his head.  He, too steps over all the debris, joining the others at the door.

“I’m surprised you even have any money left after the cruise, mate.” Shane adds with a laugh. “You never did tell us what the final bill was for the bar tab.”

Rage lowers his head and takes in a deep breath.  “Son of a…I forgot about that shit.  You guys go on ahead without me.  I’ll meet you at the hotel in a little bit.”

“Damn,” Gabriel says looking at Shane and Synn. “That bar tab must have been pretty damn high if he actually wants to clean up this mess now.”

Gabriel doesn’t say another word as he turns and walks out of the locker room with Shane, both laughing.  Synn folds his arms across his chest, watching as Rage starts sorting through the broken glass and benches thrown around the room.

“Suit yourself, Rage.  I’d call a meeting tonight, but under the circumstances I think it’s better if it waits until tomorrow.  Gabriel is pretty sore, and we are all on edge at the moment.  We’ll see you at the hotel later.”  Synn says before turning and walking out of the room.  Rage can be heard mumbling under his breath, no doubt several obscenities thrown in there, as Synn approaches Shane and Gabriel who are waiting for him down the hall.  

“What?”  Synn asks as he receives questioning looks from both Shane and Gabe.

“You’re really going to let him clean that mess, aren’t you?” Shane asks.

“Even though you know regardless if he cleans it or not, Rage will still have to pay for the damages?” Gabe adds.

Synn nods with a smile, causing Shane and Gabriel to burst out laughing.  The three walk down the hall to find Fantasia, Despayre and Kittie before heading back to the hotel for the evening.

Monday Night…Bangkok, Thailand

The Seven Deadly Sins, along with Odette Ryder and her number one fan Melody Grace, had arrived in Bangkok late in the afternoon on Monday.  They arrived at the hotel, all noticeably still exhausted after Sunday’s Climax Control in Singapore.  Gabriel was still sore from the attack at the hands of the Dreamz Chasers, though he was putting on quite the mask for Odette, who was now watching over him every chance she got.  Kittie was fighting a case of food poisoning.  Synn was busy keeping an eye on Despayre, who was being followed around by Melody, and Shane and Fantasia…Well, they were just being Shane and Fantasia weren’t they?  

Upon arriving at the hotel, they all checked in, each taking their luggage to their rooms.  Synn informed them they would discuss the situation involving the Dreamz Chasers later in the evening, and naturally Odette would be part of that discussion as she would be teaming with Gabriel and Despayre to take on Carly Athens, Sean Williams and DJ Williams.  Naturally Carly’s involvement in the match put Rage in an odd predicament, considering his involvement with her, so Rage was keeping as quiet as possible on that front.  

As Rage walks out of the bathroom in his hotel suite completely dressed this time, there is a knock on his door.  He looks back inside the bathroom, quickly closing the bathroom door, and heading over to the door to his room.  He looks out the peephole, then opens the door to find Shane standing in front of him, dressed in a nice suit for the evening.  He looks at Rage’s clothing, a pair of black slacks and a white fitted t-shirt and shrugs.

“Well, at least you’re not wearing jeans, and at least you’re dressed this time.” Shane says, leaning against the door frame.

“I told you I’d meet you guys down in the restaurant Shane.” Rage says sounding a little annoyed.

“We’re waiting for you down there, mate.  Synn told me to come see what was taking so long.” Shane replies.  “You don’t have any hair to style, so what is taking so long?”

There is a long pause as Rage thinks for a second.  Shane studies Rage’s expression, then looks towards the bathroom door and puts two and two together.  He says nothing, though, and instead allows a slight grin to form at the corner of his mouth.

“I couldn’t decide what to wear.” Rage lies.  Shane nods slowly, reading right through Rage’s horrible lying.  

“Uh huh,” Shane replies. “Like you had that much to choose from anyway?”

Rage folds his arms and stares at Shane. “I had my jeans on and was about to walk out the door when I realized it was too casual.  What’s with the third degree?!”

Shane takes a step back, holding his hands up. “Whoa, bud, relax!  I’m not giving you the third degree.  I was sent up here to come get you because we’re all pretty hungry but we’re waiting to order out of respect for you.”

“You guys don’t need to wait.” Rage replies. “I’ll be down in a minute so just tell everyone to order.  I’ll be right behind you.”

Shane shakes his head, grinning. “You’re a horrible liar, you know that right?”

“What the hell am I lying about?” Rage asks, looking a bit nervous.

“I know what is taking you so long.  I know who you’ve got hiding in the bathroom right now.”  Shane says, turning his attention to the bathroom door which is still closed.  

Rage turns around and looks at the door, shaking his head. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.  I’m not hiding anyone in there.”

“Right, so if I had to take a piss right now, I wouldn’t open the door to find a certain red-headed Bombshell in there now wearing the shirt you was wearing earlier?”  Shane asks, trying to take a step inside Rage’s room.  Rage holds him off, however, and Shane smiles, getting his answer.

“Why is it any of your business, Shane?  Who the hell cares if she’s in there?”

Shane thinks for a second then says, “I can think of three people downstairs who would care, one more so than the others, but don’t worry.  You’re secret is safe with me…for now.  Just remember whose side Carly is on this week, mate.”

Shane pats Rage on the shoulder, turns and walks away.  Rage steps outside the room, and yells at Shane. “Tell them I’ll be right down, okay?!”

Shane holds his hand up acknowledging Rage as he turns down another hall towards the elevators.  Rage runs his hand over his head, and walks back into his room, where Carly Athens has just walked out of the bathroom.  As Shane predicted, she is wearing the same shirt that Rage was wearing earlier today.  She has a smile on her face as she leans against the doorway leading to the bathroom and looks at Rage.

“Our secret is safe with him.” She says, trying to sound innocent.  “Pity.  I’d love to see Odette’s reaction when she finds out we’re sharing a room this week.”

Carly laughs as Rage rolls his eyes and heads over to the dresser, Carly following behind him.  Rage grabs his room key and turns around, giving Carly a stern look.

“Look, if you want to stay here this week you’re gonna have to play nice.  I really don’t feel like playing referee in this shit, and I’m sure Gabriel wouldn’t appreciate it either.  You think you can handle that?” He says, leaning against the dresser.  Carly takes a seat on the bed, crossing one leg over the other, and leaning back on her hands.

“As long as you promise not to ignore me.” She replies, acting sad. “I don’t mind hiding in this awesome suite most of the week as long as I have some company.”

“I’m not going to ignore you, but if Synn wants to get the group together, I have to go.” Rage informs her. “You might be on the opposing team this week, but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to show my support to Gabe and Despy out there.”

“And Odette?” Carly asks, pouting her bottom lip out.

“I’m not choosing sides between the two of you.  I’ve gotta show respect to Odette out of respect for Gabriel.  I plan to be out at ringside during your guys match this week, but I’ll be standing in their corner.  And if you’re partners try anything funny, I won’t hesitate to take them out.”

Carly continues to pout, but she shrugs, then lays back. “It’s okay, babe.  I understand.”

Rage looks at the clock on the end table and growls. “Shit, I better get down there.  I’ll bring you back something to eat if you want.”

Carly looks up at him with a smile. “Don’t worry about it.  I’ll order room service.”

“If you say so.  I’ll be back in a little bit.” Rage places his room key in his pocket, then heads to the door.  Just as he opens the door, Carly calls after him.

“Don’t leave me waiting too long, babe.  I might have to come searching for you.”

Rage sighs, but walks out of the room without another word.  Carly smiles and stands up.  She walks over to the window, looking outside to the Bangkok skyline, and the scene fades away.

3 a.m Tuesday Morning...

The dinner meeting with the Seven Deadly Sins had ended several hours ago.  After a filling dinner and quite the discussion about this week’s Climax Control, they had each retreated to their own rooms for the night.  Shane and Fantasia’s room was a little further down the hall from Rage’s room this time, to his relief, but Synn’s room on the other hand was next to his.  And Gabriel’s was just across the hall.  

Because Synn and Gabriel aren’t aware that Carly was sharing a room with Rage for the week, he was forced to do exactly what Shane had accused him of in Singapore….sneaking around.  So much was going through his mind right now, with everything that had happened in Singapore, and even more so what is in store for the whole group this Sunday.  Gabriel and Despayre have an important match, though their tag team titles are not on the line, Odette’s Bombshell Title will be, and the woman sleeping in Rage’s bed at this very moment is the one gunning for that very title.  But Rage has something more important he needs to focus his attention on right now, and that is his own title.  Rage needs to focus all of his attention on facing Nick Jones yet again.  He needs to prove to Nick Jones that he CAN beat him one on one, fair and square.

But with this match being no disqualifications, no count-outs and no time limits, if…No WHEN Rage walks away with the win, will Nick use that as an excuse for his loss?  Rage thinks so, which is one of the reasons he can’t sleep.  He is sitting outside his balcony outside his room, looking at the city surrounding him.  The SCW Heavyweight Title is sitting on the table beside him, neatly folded.  Rage has a bottle of water in his hand, and he takes a sip as he thinks about everything going on.

”When is the last time you actually slept, champ?”

Rage almost chokes on his water, startled by the voice he hears.  He looks around, not seeing anybody, then looks behind him, but again no one is there.  He thinks for a second, realizing that voice doesn’t sound familiar.

“Huh?” He says, looking around him again.

”You heard me.  When is the last time you slept?”

Rage sets the bottle of water down on the table next to the Heavyweight Title and stands up.  He turns around, trying to figure out who is speaking to him, but he can’t find anyone, and it agitates him.

“Alright,” he says angrily. “Who the fuck is that, and what the hell do you want?”

The voice begins laughing at him, which frustrates the big man further.

”Answer my question and I’ll reveal myself to you.”

Rage growls, and folds his arms across his chest. “Fine!  You want to know when the last time I slept was?  I don’t really fucking remember.  Happy now?  Now show your damn face asshole!”

”Look next to the chair you were just sitting in and you’ll find me.”

“What?” Rage asks, looking to the left of the chair.  

”Other side, baldy.  You put me on the table, and that bottle of water is right in front of me.”

Rage’s eyes nearly bulge out of his head as he tries to wrap his head around the situation.  He stares at his Heavyweight Title, and scratches his head.  He looks around him, making sure no one is there, but he can’t speak.  He must be imagining things.

”You’re looking right at me, you know.  You’re not imagining things.  Hey!  I’m talking to you!”

Rage closes his eyes, and shakes his head furiously refusing to believe what he is hearing.  

“No,” he says while continuing to shake his head. “I’m dreaming or something…No…I’m hallucinating, right?  Lack of sleep is finally catching up to me.  My fucking heavyweight title is not speaking to me right now!”

The voice coming from the Heavyweight title again laughs at him.

”Oh I’m speaking to you alright, big man.  Don’t you want to listen to what I have to say?”

Rage laughs, trying to be quiet so he doesn’t wake anyone, but he doesn’t do a very good job.  He glances inside his room to see Carly still sound asleep, then shakes his head.

“Fuck this.  I think this is a sign I need some sleep.” He says, heading towards the door.  

”I won’t argue with that, champ, but sleep can wait a few more minutes.  You and I need to have a little chat.  Take a seat.”

Rage stands there, his eyes blinking quickly.  He stares at the belt, not sure if he should even respond at this point.

”Don’t tell me big bad Rage is scared to have a conversation?”

“You’re a fucking championship belt!  I’m not going to have a conversation with you!  You’re an inanimate object.  If someone catches me having a conversation with a title belt, they’ll think I’ve lost my damn mind…that I’ve gone crazy!”  Rage speaks quietly, as he grows more confused.

”Wow, I’m finding that a little insulting.  I thought you were happy to have me, but I guess I was wrong.  You’re too focused on getting laid now, and worrying about how that little relationship of yours will affect Gabriel and Despayre’s match instead of worrying about me or your match this week.  I guess I have to accept the fact that pretty soon I’ll be around Nick’s waist again.  Pardon me while I jump for joy.”

Rage raises an eyebrow and stares at the title, completely dumbfounded.  A few moments later he growls, throws his arms up in the air and takes a seat.

”No, go get some sleep.  Go snuggle up to miss crazy in there.  I’ll just sit here and look forward to going back to Nick.  It’s ok.  I get it.”

“Oh for Christ’s sake.” Rage says, lowering his head. “I can’t believe I’m actually going to do this.  Go ahead, Mr. Title belt.  Tell me whatever it is you have to say, because obviously you’re not going to shut up until I listen, and you’re going to keep up with the damn guilt trip.”  Rage says, giving in and talking to the title.  He looks at the title briefly, as if it has eyes and will look back, but he shakes his head and looks away.

”You don’t have to.  I’ll be fine.  I mean, I understand a man such as yourself has needs, and I’m apparently not one of them.  It’s okay, really.  Nick always put me first anyway, so it’s probably better that I go back to him.”

Rage balls up his fist and slams it down on the arm of the chair. “Oh would you shut the hell up about Nick already?  I’m tired of hearing how great he is from you.  You’re—“

”I hated Nick Jones, you idiot!  I couldn’t stand being attached to him for five months, but I had no choice.  Every person he went up against failed.  Until you came along.”

Rage turns his head, staring at the Heavyweight Title, wide-eyed and curious.

“Wait a minute.” He says, grabbing the bottle of water from off the table. “You hate Nick Jones?”

”Well, duh!  Besides those morons he orders around and that skank he pretends to love, who actually likes that guy?!”

Rage bursts out laughing, and as much as he was trying to keep quiet earlier, this time he’s not, and he doesn’t care.  He sets the bottle of water down on the ground next to the chair.

“Oh this is just great!” He says loudly. “I’ve officially lost my damn mind, but I don’t even care right now.  The Heavyweight Title…My heavyweight title hates Nick Jones.  This is a first I think and I’m fucking loving it.”

”Hey champ, do you realize that Nick once did what Vixen caught Spike Staggs doing?  It’s a good thing you cleaned me real good before you wore me the first time.”

“What the fuck are you talking about?” Rage blurts out, turning his head sharpy to stare at the belt.

”Oh you know exactly what I’m talking about.  It’s something I know you’ve contemplated doing yourself in front of one of Shane’s mirrors, and let me tell you, Nick might say otherwise, but he doesn’t have much going on below the belt.”

“WHOA!” Rage shouts, standing up from the chair. “WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!  I do NOT want to hear that shit about Nick Jones!  So just stop right there before I throw you in a fucking drawer or something.”

”What?  Can’t a belt have a little fun?  Out of the four people who have had the great pleasure to walk around with me, Nick Jones was probably the one I hated the most…Well, actually, maybe not.  There was that one guy…what was his name?”

Rage folds his arms across his chest and says, “Gabriel?”

”Oh please!  I can remember Gabriel’s name!  And besides, he actually deserved me!  No, I’m talking about the dumbass he practically gave the title to…The one that abandoned me, and tried blame it on the bosses.”

“Oooh…that guy!” Rage says, shrugging. “I don’t speak his name.”

”I can’t even remember his name anyway, but I guess I should give Nick Jones a little credit because at least he fought for me in his annoying way.  Did you know that I was literally screaming for someone to shut him up every week?  The guy drove me nuts!  He still does!”

Rage smacks his forehead with the palm of his hand. “No, I didn’t know that.  Because, until tonight…I couldn’t fucking hear you!

”Well I’m glad you can hear me now, because I really don’t want to go back to Nick Jones.  You can’t let it happen, champ!  Don’t let him get me back!”

Rage shakes his head, but the corner of his mouth turns up just a little as he cracks a smile. “Are you seriously begging me to win on Sunday?”

”You’re damn straight I am!  Are you telling me that you don’t want to win?!  Please tell me you’re not…Please tell me you want to win and that you’ll do whatever you have to do to walk away with me in your possession?!  I can’t go back to Nick…I can’t!  I can’t!  I can’t!”

Rage smacks his head a few times, suddenly getting overwhelmed.  He shakes his head, and starts to walk towards the door again. “Fuck it.  I can’t deal with this shit.  I’m going to go inside and pass the hell out and pray to…well, I’m just going to pray that when I wake up, that I’m back to normal, because I’m really fucking confused right now.”

”No!  Don’t!  Rage, you’re not going crazy.  You need to win on Sunday.  I’m meant to be part of a Sin, don’t you get it?!  Only a Sin truly deserves to be champion!  The fans of SCW need you to win!  I need you to win!  You need yourself to win, because deep down you know…You know that if you lose on Sunday, you won’t ever get me back.”

“Shut the fuck up!” He spins around, storming over to the table where the title is sitting, yanking it off the table. “What makes you think you know a damn thing about what I, or anyone else, needs?!  If I lose on Sunday…and that’s a big fucking if, I’ll be the champion again.  But, I’m not going to fucking lose!  I’m not going to let Nick Jones be the champion again.”

”Hell yes!  That’s what I’m talking about!  Say, isn’t this match a no disqualifications?  OH!  You really need to smack him over the head with me so I can make him bleed!  I’d looooove to make that whiny little bitch bleed!”

“Trust me…I plan to do a whole lot more then smack him over the head with…you.” Rage says, ending that sentence hesitantly.

”Aww, just once?  Then you can do whatever the hell you want to him!”

“We’ll see.” Rage replies, tossing the title over his shoulder. “Now, can you please possibly shut—“

Before he can finish that sentence, he turns his head to find fellow stable mate…The Sin of Envy herself…standing outside her own room, staring at Rage.

“Who are you talking to?” She asks, looking around but not seeing anyone.

Rage glances at the title for a second, but then looks at Kittie, shrugging. “No one.  I was just thinking out loud.  I didn’t wake you did I?”

Kittie shakes her head, a saddened expression falling over her face now. “No, I couldn’t sleep.”

Rage scratches his head, thinking Kittie heard more than she’s saying.  

“You really need to stay away from the sushi, Kittie.” He says, shaking his head with a laugh. “I knew there was a reason I hated that shit.”

“Hey do you think since you’re awake we could talk?  I could use a big hug, and well, you’re the biggest one in the group.” She asks with pleading eyes.

“Kittie, you know talking isn’t my thing.” He says, rejecting Kittie’s plea. “I was just heading to bed anyway.  I haven’t slept much in the past couple days and I really need some sleep before Sunday.”

”You’re such a jerk, RageFace.”

Rage glares down at the title, as it speaks to him once again.

“Oh,” Kittie says. “Okay then.  I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Sure thing.  You should try and get some rest, too.”  Rage says, as he is about to head towards his room.  Kittie only nods her head in response, an awkward smile on her face.  She watches as Rage disappears back inside his room, lowering her head and pouting out her bottom lip before heading back into her own room.

Back inside his room, Rage walks over to his suitcase.  He picks it up off the floor, placing it on the desk and opens it.  He looks at the title with an evil grin on his face, before he folds it neatly, placing it on top of his clothes.

”What are you doing?!  Don’t put me in here!  I’ll be good!  I promise!”

“Not a chance.  Sorry, but you’re being put away for the night.” Rage says, closing his suitcase and zipping it closed.  Just then, Carly’s voice comes from behind him as she has just woken up.

“Who are you talking to, babe?” She asks, sitting up and looking at him curiously.

Rage spins around and looks at her innocently. “Huh?  Oh, no one.  Go back to sleep.”

She smiles and shakes her head. “I’m wide awake now, but why don’t you join me?”

”Don’t you dare, Rage!  I don’t want to hear that shit again!  Tell her no!  For the love of all that is holy JUST SAY NO RAGE!

Rage cracks a smile as he listens to the title yelling at him from inside his suitcase, and even lets out a laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Carly asks, a smile of her own appearing on her face.

“We’re not the only ones awake right now you know?  Kittie is awake in the next room.” Rage replies.

“So?” Carly replies, crawling toward the edge of the bed, as Rage takes a step towards her. “I’m fairly sure at least one of them was awake earlier when we were having…fun.”

“Good point.” Rage replies. “Maybe we should be a bit quieter than we were earlier…”

Carly grabs him by his hands, pulling him closer to the bed. “That would just ruin all the fun.  Besides, do Shane and Fantasia try and be quiet…ever?”

Rage thinks to himself for a second, then shakes his head with a growl.

“Ahh fuck it.” He says and joins Carly on the bed, ignoring the one voice he still hears, screaming and yelling from in his suitcase.

”Oh not again!  Somebody help me!  Please!  I don’t want to listen to those two!  SOMEBODY SAVE ME FROM THIS SUITCASE!  Hey…why does Rage still have Kittie and Fantasia’s panties?!”

Later that morning Rage had woken up to find that Carly was gone, and so was her suitcase.  Rage dragged himself out of bed, wearing only a pair of pants.  He didn’t notice her suitcase was gone at first, so he walked towards the bathroom, thinking she was taking a shower.

“Carly?” He called out, approaching the bathroom door, but it was wide open and she wasn’t inside.  

It was at that point he looked over to where her suitcase had been, and saw that it wasn’t there.  And the room key Rage had given her for the week was sitting right next to his suitcase on top of a sheet of paper, presumably a note from Carly.  He walked over to the desk, picking up the note, reading the four words Carly had written.

”Getting my own room.”

A frustrated look appeared on Rage’s face after reading the note, which he crushed in his hand and tossed into the trash can.  He turned around, running his hand over his head, and sighing.

“Whatever, then.” He said to himself, turning back to his suitcase.  He opened it up to grab some clothes for the day, and jumped back when to his horror, the SCW Heavyweight Championship again spoke to him.

”Thank you soooo much for making me listen to that racket last night, champ.  That’s just what I wanted to hear you big ape!”

Rage ignored the voice, shaking his head.  He grabbed some clean clothes.  But ignoring the belt didn’t work, as it only continued to speak to him.

”Where’s lover girl now, champ?  Waiting for you in the shower?”

“Shut the hell up!” Rage scowled. “Guess who’s staying locked up today…all day?”

”No!  You can’t leave me here!  You love carrying me around everywhere you go!”

Rage simply closes his suitcase once again with a laugh before he walks over to the end table next to the bed.  He picks up the phone and dials Shane’s room number.  A few seconds go by before Shane picks up on the other end.

“Hey, you awake?” He asks.  Shane must have a smart ass response, as the look on Rage’s face turns into that of annoyance. “Oh shut up.  You got some time to talk?  I’m starving and I’ve got a little situation I need to talk about so I was going to head down and get some breakfast.”

A short pause follows, before Rage rolls his eyes.

“I don’t give a shit.  Get your ass out of that bed, get dressed and meet me downstairs for some damn breakfast.  If you’re not don’t come down there, I’ll come pounding on your door.  Got it?...Good.  I’ll see you in a bit.”  Rage then slams the phone down, and heads into the bathroom to take a shower.

About an hour later, the scene opens up downstairs in the hotel restaurant.  Rage is already seated at a table, with a big plate of food from the breakfast buffet in front of him.  He’s just about to start eating, when Shane walks up to the table, looking at Rage’s plate of food.

“Damn, bud, Carly must be taking all the energy out of ya.  You really plan on eating all that food?” He asks, taking a seat in the seat across from Rage.  Rage grabs a piece of bacon, looking at Shane as he takes a bite.

“I’m hungry, man.  And would stop giving me shit about Carly?” He says, grabbing his cup of coffee and taking a drink.  

Shane leans back in his seat, smiling politely before he looks around, getting a curious look on his face. “Where’s your heavyweight title?  You haven’t gone anywhere without that thing since you won it, mate.”

Rage almost chokes on his food as Shane brings up the Heavyweight Title.  He sets his fork down and bites his lip, thinking carefully.

“Uhhh…yeah…That’s sort of what I need to talk to you about.” Rage says, fumbling around for the right words to say.

Shane folds his arms and says, “Oh don’t tell me you lost the damn thing this time?  It’s bad enough what happened in the locker room last Sunday, but if you actually lose that belt—“

“I didn’t lose it, Shane!” Rage interrupts him.  “I put it in my suitcase for the day, because the damn thing was annoying the shit out of me.”

“Excuse me?” Shane asks with one eyebrow raised. “The title was…annoying you?”

Rage takes in a deep breath, then nods.  He, too, leans back in his seat, suddenly not as hungry as he was just a few minutes ago. “Okay, you’re gonna think I’ve lost my mind here.  Hell, I’m pretty sure I’d agree with you if you said that, but I’m going to tell you something, and you can’t tell the others, okay?”

Shane smiles as if agreeing. “Sure thing, mate.  What’s going on?”

Rage runs his hand over his head, letting out an awkward laugh. “Heh…okay…Well, you see, earlier this morning the title sort of…started talking to me.”

Shane blinks for a second, before he bursts out laughing.  Other hotel guests turn and look at the two as Shane laughs loudly at what the big man just told him.

“That’s funny, bud.  Real funny.” Shane says, staring at Rage. “You might have a chance with comedy after all.”

“I’m serious, Shane!” Rage says through gritted teeth. “Do you really think I’d lie about that shit and make myself look like one of those damn looney tunes Despy likes to watch all the time?  No, I wouldn’t.  The damn title started talking to me!

Shane’s laughter suddenly dies down as he gets a good look at Rage’s expression. “You’re…serious?”

Rage nods, shoving his plate of food away from him.

“Bloody hell, mate.  I think you’ve been hanging around Kittie too long!  Either that, or Carly’s craziness is finally starting to rub off on you.” Shane says.

“Carly’s not that crazy, Shane.” Rage says, defending Carly. “But that’s not the point.  I thought it was just a lack of sleep or something, but sure enough it started talking to me again when I opened my suitcase earlier.  It won’t shut the hell up!”

“Well what did it have to say?” Shane asks, forcing back a smile and a laugh.

Rage sighs and replies. “What didn’t it say is the more appropriate question.  It apparently doesn’t like Nick Jones.”

Shane is no longer able to hold back another laugh.  He shakes his head, trying to process Rage’s dilemma.  “The title doesn’t like Nick Jones, eh?  I’m pretty sure that’s a first for me.”

“You’re telling me.” Rage says. “Shane, it was begging me to win on Sunday.  My heavyweight title was begging me to retain…it…so he doesn’t have to go back to Nick.  I’m not normally freaked out, but this is really some fucked up shit, Shane.”

Shane nods. “I can’t argue with you on that one, but now that I think about it, I might have an explanation to all this.

Rage folds his arms across his chest, looking at Shane curiously. “And that would be.”

“Well think about it, baldy.” Shane says, causing a low growl from the big man. “Nick has been walking around since you won the title saying a bunch of shit, right?  First he says you only won the title because we came out to help you out when the Entourage got involved.  Then he uses the excuse that his whole ‘nice guy’ act was the reason he lost.”

“I’ve heard him, Shane.” Rage growls.

“I know you have, but let me finish.” Shane says, holding up his hand to silence Rage. “Your first title defense was an odd situation.  It ended in a draw, but hell, shit happens.  Now look what happened at Summer XXXTreme.  You and Nick pinned each other, and it pissed him off because he wasn’t declared the sole winner.  Nick thinks you can’t beat him one on one and he’s using every bullshit excuse to justify his story, but when it comes down to it, we all know you can beat him, because you have before.  Now, I’m pretty sure that Nick’s constant bitching and complaining has caused this little…dilemma you have going on, because it seems to be making you paranoid, bud.”

“The hell it is!  I’m not paranoid!” Rage shouts, again getting strange looks from several hotel guests as they eat their breakfast.

“That right there is denial.” Shane says. “And you know it.  The fact that not only the title has started speaking to you, but that its trash talking the former champion and your opponent this week is proof enough.  Your paranoia is shining through the title it seems.  Deep down, whether you want to admit it or not, you’re freaking out that Nick might beat you.  You’re letting Nick get to you, and if you don’t do something about it now and relax…believe in yourself that you will win this, it’ll cost you everything.”

Rage thinks for a moment.  He scratches his head, processing each word that Shane has just spoken. “I’m just sick of having to face this guy time and time again, Shane!  He had the title for five months.  I’ve had it going on two months.  Can’t they find someone else for me to face?!”

“We’ll see what happens once you beat him on Sunday, but this match was actually the right solution to what happened at Summer XXXTreme.  You’ve got a major advantage going into this one.  No disqualifications…No count-outs and no time limits.  You can let that beast we all know is inside of you really come to life and do some serious damage and there’s not a thing the referee can do about it.” Shane says in a reassuring tone.

“You know what pissed me off the most about Christian Underwood’s ruling?” Rage asks.

“What’s that?” Shane replies.

“The Entourage and The Sins are both banned from ringside with is fine and dandy, and I couldn’t care less about that, but what about the rest of the dipshits in back gunning for the title?  What’s to stop anyone else from interfering?  If you ask me, all outside interference should be banned.”

Shane nods in agreement. “You make a good point, but I’m not too sure that all outside interference can be prevented, but don’t worry about that.  You need to focus on saving all that anger that’s built up inside of ya and using it against Nick.  Do everything you can to keep that title of yours.  Nick can say all he wants that you can’t beat him when it really matters, but he’s just trying to convince himself, because the longer you walk around with the title, the longer he goes without it, and it’s eating him alive.  You can do this, bud.  We all believe in you.”

Rage shrugs, almost looking unsure.  “It’s not that I don’t believe I can beat him Shane, because I know I can.  I won the damn title, didn’t I?  It’s just…Grrrrr!  Nick Jones pisses me off more than anyone in SCW.”

“Again, use that to your advantage on Sunday.  You can inflict as much pain on him as you want, so do just that.  Go out there and prove to everyone just why you’re the Heavyweight Champion.”  Shane says.  He looks at the plate of food sitting in the middle of the table, and shoves it back in Rage’s direction.  “Right, I think I’ve said my peace, now eat your breakfast.  You obviously need your energy if you’re going to spend the rest of the week with Carly.”

Rage takes the plate of food, but shakes his head. “That apparently didn’t last long.  For whatever reason, she decided to get her own room.”

“Damn, bud, you scared off a crazy chick?” Shane laughs. “Maybe you do need anger management classes after all.  What did you do to her?”

Rage rolls his eyes. “Nothing she didn’t want me to do, and she wasn’t complaining last night.  Now you want me to focus on my match, but you keep bringing up Carly.”

“You know me.  I always have to give you a hard time.  Right, I’m going to get a plate of food.  At least I admit when my woman uses up all my energy.”  Shane stands up from the table with a smile.  Rage takes a bite of his food with a growl, as Shane walks off to get his own breakfast.  The scene fades out.

Well Nick, here we are…yet again.  We’re about to walk into another battle for the Heavyweight Title, to prove to everyone once and for all just who really is the best between the two of us.  As much as you are trying to convince everyone that you’re still the best, the fact that I still have the Heavyweight Title in my possession and you don’t proves you wrong…very wrong.

The stipulations for this match couldn’t be more perfect if you ask me.  Countless times I’ve had to step into the ring with you as an opponent, Nick, and aside from Summer XXXTreme, each match was always regular rules and one on one…or it was supposed to be.  Those morons in your Entourage like to get involved where they shouldn’t, but their little attempts to take me out haven’t worked, have they?  You see, where you have loyal subjects in the Entourage, I have loyal family in my fellow Sin Members.  We in the Sins don’t get involved with each others matches unless it is to prevent outside interference from getting involved…which is what you Entourage always does.  Whether you order them to or not.

But this Sunday, all bets are off, aren’t they, Nick?  No Entourage…No Sins.  Just you and me in the center of the ring ready to end this war once and for all.  Acting only by yourself, Nick, you can do whatever you want against me in an attempt to take back what was so precious to you for five months, and I can do exactly the same to prevent that from happening.  We can fight outside or inside the ring for as long as we have to.  We can beat the holy hell out of each other, and the referee will just have to stand by and let it happen until one of us goes for the pin.  That sounds good, doesn’t it?

I hope you’re not shaking your head, because I have to admit, just the thought of being able to beat the shit out of you without fear of being disqualified brings a big smile to my face.  I’m going to wrap my hands around your neck, Nick, and choke the life out of you.  I want to see your face turn blue.  I want to feel you fighting to get air in your lungs…fighting unsuccessfully I might add.  Then, just before you pass out from lack of oxygen, I’ll release my grip, and continue to slaughter you.  Are you picturing this all in your head?  You should be, because you can’t do anything to stop me.

You like to talk a lot of shit, Nick, and I’ve gotta give you props for that, because for a short while, it was starting to get to me.  Your words were starting to eat me alive and take a toll on me, making me start to think you actually stood a chance at beating me.  You set the paranoia off inside me, Nick, but you know what?  That’s not a good sign for you, and I’ll explain why.

This paranoia has done only one thing for me…it has fueled my anger.  It’s fed the beast inside me.  The beast that, this Sunday here in Bangkok, will finally surface and show just why I’m dangerous…Why I am a force to be reckoned with.  In the beginning, I wasn’t so sure, but I am now.  I’ve never been more sure in my life.  I won’t let you win, Nick.  I CAN’T let you take back what I’ve busted my ass years to achieve, and I’ll do everything in my power to stop you.

Not only do I not want you to win, Nick, but this Heavyweight Title of mine doesn’t either.  You see, it spoke to me.  That sounds Crazy, I know, but it did, and it wants to stay right where it’s at…right where it belongs.  Even the Heavyweight Title hates you Nick, so what does that say?  I’ll tell you what that says…it says that you’re time is over.  You’re hold over SCW is officially done, and you’re not getting it back.  You might not like that fact very much, but there’s not a damn thing you can do.

The title speaks to me, Nick…and it says that The Sin Of Wrath is going to STAY the SCW Heavyweight Champion.  The war ends on Sunday…I hope you’re ready.