Author Topic: Endeavor XXVIII  (Read 516 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XXVIII
« on: April 30, 2021, 11:33:09 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 25 de abril al 2 de mayo de 2 0 2 1

So two weeks ago I had an opportunity to make history and let's just say that opportunity slipped through my fingers. But you know what that's okay because the great ones lose now and again, that's just a fact of life. Do I still think I had the best chance of giving GRIME Royal Purple a better challenge than the two opponents she's defending her title against at Into the Void? That's not even a question. I'm pretty sure that once Into the Void is said and done that Royal Purple will leave Las Vegas with her second defense under her belt and that's not being petty because Violet pinned me in the qualifier, it's not because Krystal punched her ticket to challenge for the title, it's not because the Bombshell Roulette Championship has changed hands at the supercard in each of the past four events, it's not even because Violet actually won the title at last year's event, ending Candy's reign. Call it a hunch, but Royal Purple will be #andstill at the end of the night.

Wind in my hair, smile on my face, worries behind me. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I’m saying that as a compliment. Into the Void is three weeks away and while I don't know what I'll be doing then, I do know what I'll be doing this weekend, and that's facing surprise, surprise.... Krystal.

I guess it was a surprise to her too because Krystal asked for a warmup ahead of her title match. If that's what she wants then who am I to deny her. Because I'm just getting warmed up.

After successfully defending my World Nightmare Championship for the second time against Omasa Tazu - okay, so the match really had no winner thanks to GRIME and whatever vendetta Rainbow has against her, but I'm still the champ regardless - I'm on a roll and I'd like to keep it going but I'm happy for you, too, Krystal. Finally got that first win under your belt since officially joining the roster. It's a great feeling, let me tell you. Of course, I didn't have Andrea Hernandez as my first opponent, it didn't take me nearly four months, and I actually won my in-ring debut but that's neither here or there. You finally got that first one and that what's important Krystal because this Sunday at Climax Control, things get a little interesting. There's nothing at stake save for pride and perhaps the opportunity of saying you stepped in the ring with the most accomplished talent on this roster. Last time we met, there was a lot more at stake. This time, you're one step closer to one day being the latest trainee under Gabriel and Odette Stevens to win their first title. Every student of theirs have been successful in Sin City Wrestling: Devona, Charlotte, Mackenzie, Daniel, Osborne, Evie, Fenris. Pretty sure Tempest will be be champion sooner rather than later, but for now, every student has turned heads, opened eyes and dropped jaws along the way, which can only mean SCW is in good hands.

In three weeks Krystal, you will hopefully unseat Royal Purple as champion, or you will try in the attempt. But that's at Into the Void. This weekend isn't going to be another triple threat match where you get the opportunity to pin another person. Here you are stepping in the ring with the one-woman dynasty of SCW. You're facing someone who shines under the bright lights and on the biggest stage. But you don't have to be a star to be on my show. Leave that to me. I give off radiance so other people can shine. 

When I came into Sin City Wrestling, I had a dream. To reach my dreams. Well, that and to crush other's dreams. I've had my fair share over the years. Proud of it. Not ashamed to say it. I live for moments like these. Most say I'm arrogant like it's a bad thing. But you know why I can toot my own horn? Because I can, because I've earned the right, because nobody said I couldn't, and because there's not a single woman on the roster who can stop me. So there's really all but two things they can do about it - nothing and like it. But even I knew, given my goal, I'd be in for a fight. After all, what good is it if I don't enjoy the challenge, right?

Some say this match is mine to lose, others don't give Krystal a snowball's chance in hell in winning this thing, but you know something? That's OK because she's probably used to it.  Climax Control will be no different. The only thing standing between Krystal and another miraculous win isn't me. It's only her total lack of talent and complete failure at will because failure isn't an option, Krystal. It's your destiny. Embrace it, drink it all in, sweetheart. There's just no getting over, under, around or though it. The saying goes that if you lower your expectations people can’t disappoint you, so at least you have that going for you. Just because you have that one win doesn't change the fact that I've abandoned all hope that you won't disappoint just as you had been before that first win because you are the poster child of disappointment and Daddy Gabriel and Mommy Odette will just as quickly disown you.

Most of the Bombshells in the division has gone as far as to mock my accolades because reasons, or willful ignorance or just plain jealousy. When it comes to my career, maybe it's due to one of these things or all of these things, or none of these things. Whatever the case may be, I may not be what I once was, but I still remain one of if not the most dangerous threats in the women's division. Honestly, I couldn't care less what they say, think or do. I'm too busy with my own stuff to notice. What I DO care about is possibly getting my next win this weekend, and I have a feeling I'm going to add a new name on my checklist.

So who's afraid of Krystal Wolfe?

~~~

S A N T A M O N I C A  • C A L I F O R N I A

It's Not Whether You Win or Lose: Gatekeeper the 28th: Mentiras, Malditas Mentiras (Lies, Damned Lies..., Part XIV)

[REC]

Mercedes Vargas sits on the docks of the Santa Monica pier under favorable weather and an amazing view of turquoise water. On her lap, the GRIME World Nightmare championship glistens in the sunlight as the Hall of Famer smiles, her casual boho style clothing of ruffled sleeveless aquamarine top paired with black leggings. As if on cue, she looks up at the camera.

"I guess this is where I start out and say 'curses, foiled again,' right? Violet Amelia Holt is going to challenge for the Bombshell Roulette Championship at Into the Void for the second straight year and she did it at my expense. But while she can hold that win over my head, at least I can hold a championship over hers because I can guarantee you that the morning after Into the Void, I'll still be champion. So as far as Climax Control 297, I'm not going to get upset over it, it's not the end of the world. Sometimes it's not about winning the battles when you can win the war. I'm not going to let this loss get to me. I'll do what I've always do after a loss. Accept it, learn from it, and forget it, pretty simple."

Mercedes remains calm, eyes steady on the camera lens. With a heavy sigh, she looks up again, shaking her head. 

"I've got bigger problems to deal with. My problem this weekend? Krystal Wolfe. It's a good problem to have."

She slightly looks up again with a forced smile at the camera.

"I don't have to ease the doubt in anyone's mind because people already know what's going to happen. If Krystal beats me, well, good on her, but that's only half the battle because we're going  to find out a lot of things this Sunday. We're going to find out if you have prepared enough for your title match. We're going to find out if HB Carter's pep talks will have motivated you to success. We're going to find out whether you have that drive to finally achieve your dreams in winning your first title. Most of all, Krystal, we'll find out if you're really a contender or a pretender. We're going to find out whether you will bask in the spotlight or end up looking up at the arena lights."

Mercedes pauses as she sweeps back her hair from her face.

"You've gone a long time without a singles win since you beat Veronica that one time before you officially joined the roster, but that's neither here or there. You're only as good as your last match. Only, this one isn't going to be your night."

Mercedes shakes her head while mouthing the word “no", then reaches over for her checklist.

"Beggars can't be choosers."

Mercedes holds an index finger in a wait-a-minute gesture.

"But then again, Krystal, you never had a choice."

Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them. She pauses, mostly for dramatic effect.

"Long before you knew, and long after you'll remember."

The scene fades on Mercedes flashing a smile and waving back at the camera before we fade to black.

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)