Author Topic: Don’t mix arrogance  (Read 419 times)

Offline Char Kwan

• Enter The Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Char Kwan
Don’t mix arrogance
« on: January 10, 2020, 01:09:05 AM »
 ## Getting the call (Before January 3rd)

“Push it Brandon,” shouts Coach Bliss as he stands on top of a sled which is used mostly for football players. Brandon smashes his shoulder into the middle portion and begins driving the sled backwards. “That’s what I am talking about boy. Push those legs, feel the burn,” pushes Bliss as Brandon is grunting in between each heavy breaths. This was a typical training technique Coach Bliss would use to help motivate Brandon after a tough match. “It hurts,” cries Brandon as Coach sniffs the air. “Do I smell a wuss?” He questions as Brandon grunts before shoving the sled fifty feet with one mighty shove. “That’s what I’m talking about,” praises Bliss as Brandon drops down to one knee.

Sweat is just pouring down Brandon’s face as Bliss steps off the sled and stands next to him. He places a hand on Brandon’s sweaty shoulder. “You did a good job,” he says as Brandon uses his left hand to wipe sweat out of his eyes. As he takes a moment to rest, another student in Bliss’s training camp comes walking up to them. “What you need Saul,” asks Coach. “Brandon’s wife is waiting for him,” replies Saul. Coach looks at Brandon who stands up. “I’ll be right there,” he tells Saul.

A few minutes later, Brandon is walking back into the office where his wife is leaning against the oak desk. Brandon turns the knob and steps over the threshold. “Hi babe,” Zelda says with a smile. Brandon hugs her softly before looking into her green eyes. “What are you doing here?” he asks bluntly. “Dani called,” is all she says as Brandon pulls away from her. It had been exactly seven years since he spoken to Daniela. “What did she want,” is his response as Zelda sits down to rest her feet. “All she said was Trenton Tigers and asked if you’re in,” says Zelda. Brandon scratches his scruffy chin before smiling towards his wife. “Looks like I’m heading for the big time.” He says as Zelda gives a soft nod of her head.

Brandon quietly shares the news with Coach Bliss. Coach offers Brandon his undeniable support while reminding him that he’ll always have a trainer when he needs him. Brandon offers his hand but Coach doesn’t take it instead pulls him into a tight bear hug.

## Cook out (January 8, 2020)

The strong aroma of maple bacon fills the air as Brandon is standing on his back patio with grill tongs in his right hand. His best friend Chance is standing beside him holding a stone plate. “That smells heavenly,” exclaims Chance as Brandon smiles while opening the grill. A small flame trickles underneath the nine strips of freshly cut maple bacon. Brandon flips each strip as he looks at Chance. “There is nothing more manly then the smell of bacon,” he states as Chance nods his head in agreement.

“What are you two doing,” calls out a voice as they look up over the grill. “Howdy George,” says Brandon. George Kennedy is the nosy next door neighbor who has been causing problems for the young couple. Brandon has tried his hardest to make peace it hasn’t been easy. “Neighbor, your bleeping leaves keep falling into my bleeping pool,” complains George. “What a potty mouth,” Chance says as Brandon checks on the bacon. “Did you bleeping hear me?” George shouts. Before Brandon could respond, the sliding glass door in the kitchen opens as a very pregnant blonde pokes her head out. “We told you once George that we don’t appreciate that kind of language. Yet you keep dropping them like hot cakes,” says Zelda as Brandon looks at Chance. “I could go for some pancakes with this bacon.” Chance agrees with him as they completely ignore George. George huffs as Brandon turns to look at his wife. “How was your trip into town?” He asks her. “It was great. I got my hair washed and styled. I got a manicure then ran into Dani,” she answers. Brandon tilts his head to the side. “You saw Dani,” he says. “Yup,” she retorts. “I think she was heading to the library,” she points out as Brandon didn’t seem surprised at all. “I’m not surprised. Dani did love to read books,” says Chance.

The conversation continued as the trio enjoyed a nice brunch on the patio. “Are you ready for this Sunday?” asks Chance. Brandon lets out a loud belch as Chance holds up nine fingers as if rating it. “Nice one,” he compliments as Brandon chuckles. “Excuse me,” he adds. “I’m ready to shut that bigot who thinks it’s going to be a cakewalk,” Brandon says as Zelda belches. Chance and Brandon laugh as she looks at them. “Girls do it too,” is all she says as Brandon shakes his head.

“What are you going to do about that blowhard?” asks Chance. Brandon sits back in his chair while running his fingers through his beard. “That’s a good question Chance. I’ve faced plenty men with that one track mindset. It will be an eye opener when he finds out that I have brain inside this hard shell of a skull,” answers Brandon as Zelda stands up from her seat. “Why not tell him?” She suggests while pulling out her cell phone. “Let’s do it,” he replies as Zelda gets the camera set up.

>Sin City Wrestling, it’s four days until I make my official in ring debut for this great organization. Daniela was telling me how wonderful the fans are towards talented wrestlers. I appreciate hardworking fans who spend their hard earned money for at least two hours of entertainment. Debuts are always tough on all parties involved. It’s tough for the individuals who are having to play welcome wagon. It’s tough for the individual himself because he has to gain the trust and respect from the front office and the fans alike.

> I’m starting to understand where Bill Barnhart’s mindset is on the world of professional wrestling. He believes that he is the greatest wrestler on the planet. I find that funny since he tends to show arrogance more than confidence. For example, he sees my name and thinks that I am straight trash. It’s obvious he didn’t read my bio sheet carefully. Maybe that’s because his gigantic nose was in the way or his ego has blinded him from real facts. Fact one, he’s not the only wrestler in this match. Second fact, my intelligence level isn’t matched by just numbers. You see Barnhart, I have seen your tapes and you are fairly decent inside the ring. However you are very sloppy. You tend to take shortcuts when not needed. You struggle against someone who can match you move for move.

> Don’t let my looks fool you. I am one tough son of a gun once that bell sounds. I have strength that can’t be matched. I will toss you around the ring like you are a rag doll. Your world will be turned upside down when your arrogance is outworked. Daniela is a hardworking lady and I’m a hardworking man. I’m not handsome but I’m a fighter. That’s the difference. You guys have no idea what awaits you come Sunday. Being married is awesome but that doesn’t make you a tag team. Team chemistry is totally different than marriage chemistry. We will prove that on Climax Control. The Trenton Tigers are going to ruin your plans for a happy homecoming. The fans are going to be split but that won’t bother us. It will bother you because you won’t have all fans. I’m sure Dani wants you to set up your DVR but if you forget then I will provide the reminder. I got a Sludge Driver with Bill’s name written all over it. Welcome to the SLUDGE-O-RAMA.